Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

7.5

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-24 - 5402 words - Complete

0Unrated
(7.5)

HURT ANY LESS

"/But… I love you."/

Six people occupied the long table. Three on each side. Obito, Rin and Kakashi were seated on the right side. Sasuke, Karin and Naruto occupied the left side. They were all engaged in small talks as they enjoyed the dinner.

"Not dramatic my foot. You totally gave an act to mislead them.", Naruto jested.

"Hn. I felt I needed to make all your 'build-up' worth it." Sasuke shot back. "I can only imagine what you and Suigetsu had to go through planning the timing of the light to your cues."

Suigetsu walked in at that moment, carrying their drinks.

Naruto and Suigetsu looked at each other awkwardly before looking away irritably.

Naruto leaned closer to Karin, whispering something while Suigetsu served the drinks and went his way.



Suigetsu walked back to the bar where Sakura was watching everyone from. She had her cheeks resting on her hands and her elbows on the bar top.

"Thanks for staying.", she told him as he laid down the empty tray. "I know you and Naruto aren't on good terms but… thanks for being here. Of course, I know that you're only doing it for Sasuke."

Suigetsu smirked. "Aren't we all?", he said as he took a seat on a stool.

['Ah. I just remembered something.']

Sakura straightened her back and moved closer to Suigetsu. "Erm… Sui~"

"Sui?!" Suigetsu cringed at the nickname.

"You seem to know a lot about Sasuke-kun~", she said in a lower voice.

"Huh? Y-Yeah."

"I mean, you obviously knew who Rin was to him before I did."

"That's because I'm his roommate. Whenever he needs some advice or just someone to listen to… well, he doesn't really have a choice."

"Sounds like he confides in you a lot?"

"Err… Sort… of."

"He uhm… ever talks about… me?", she whispered.

"Huh?!" Suigetsu slowly leaned away. "Oh… I… n-not that… I'mmmm… aware of. He keeps his subjects anonymous."

Sakura raised an eyebrow at him. "That was obviously a lie."

"You're right. I lied. He actually doesn't talk about anything to me at all. I know nothing."

"That's another lie."

"…"

"You know what? Nevermind." Sakura backed away. "I'll find out for myself."

"What? How?", Suigetsu asked worriedly as he leaned towards her again.

"I'll ask him of course.", Sakura deadpanned.

"Why? Why would you do that?!"

"To know what he thinks of me. Duh."

"He thinks you… well. He thinks of you well.", he stressed.

"I- I meant to know how he /feels /about me?"

"…"

"Like if he maybe… likes me."

"Of course he likes you! If he didn't he wouldn't even see you!", he was intent on assuring her though not in the way he knew she meant. "You know Sasuke? He either likes you or you don't exist!"

"I meant romantic."

"What?!", he laughed sheepishly. "R-Romantic? Him? No way! That's a good joke though."

['This guy…']

Sakura was glaring to show her annoyance.

"Y-You…"

"I'm serious."

"About asking him?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes!"

"Why?!"

"Because I want to know!"

"… W-Why?!"

"Because I like him."

"L-"

"Romantically. Yes.", she specified before he could ask another silly question while pretending to be oblivious.

"Oh."

"What do you mean 'Oh'? What's wrong with /you/?" Sakura threw her hands in the air frustratingly. "You know this. Y-You know everything or at least you seemed like you do but you definitely knew I like him. You even know about Sasori. And I know you know something about Sasuke. Something I don't know."

"Honestly, yes. I know a lot that you don't. At least not yet."

"Like what? Tell me something I don't know."

"You don't know it because he hasn't told you yet himself. So, I can't tell you."

"I keep hearing that!", she muttered. "Everyone always knows something I don't. And every one of you, for some reason chooses to keep it that way out of consideration for him. Why is that?"

"Because that's how important he is to us. We would never do anything to compromise him."

"Anything? Including letting me look like a fool time and time again?"

"Yes.", he stated matter of fact.

"Fine! That's why I said I'm going to ask him myself."

"No!", Suigetsu scream-whispered.

"No?!"

"Look, Sakura, you're a wonderful person. But… Sasuke, he's not good for you. It's not gonna work out between the two of you so~"

"You don't… approve of me? Is that it? But… I thought we were friends."

"We are. And as a friend, I'm telling you to give up on him. What has even gotten into you? Why are you pursuing him now? Just yesterday, you seemed really keen on staying platonic. I don't know what happened between you and this Sasori but if it's still possible to make it work with him, I think you sh-"

"And I don't know what's gotten into you but I don't need your approval. I already decided to tell him how I feel about him."

"Listen. It's for the best if you don't bother with Sa-", Suigetsu had to look at Sasuke to make sure he's not looking at them. With all the whispers and hand gestures they were doing, someone from the table should've figured out by now that something was up. "Whatever you're planning to do? Don't go through with it."

Turns out, he was right. Sasuke had been glancing at them for a while now.

She shook her head. "I'm going to tell him. Tonight. After this dinner."

"You can't!" Suigetsu fought another urge to yell.

"…?"

"You have to understand. I'm saying this for your own sake. And his as well. I care for the both of you and I rarely care about other people. Sasuke, he- I respect the guy a lot. But if you…"

"I'm sorry Suigetsu. You have no idea how much I've been through, just to get to this point. I've hurt and disappointed a number of people and yet they chose to cheer me on. And I know that if I do this, I will hurt a lot more." Sakura looks at Karin and then at Sasuke.

Their eyes met.

"But… I love him. And I want him to know that-"

"No! You can't!" Suigetsu yelled and grabbed Sakura's arm. "You musn-"

Sakura winced at how tight he had held her.

"OI!" Naruto shouted as he stood up from his chair. "Let go of her!"

Karin followed suit. "What the hell are you doing to Sakura you… /freak/?!"

Everyone else at the table was also looking at them curiously and worriedly except for Sasuke whose facial expression can't be read.

Suigetsu let her go, stood from the stool and backed away. He held his hands up to them. "Whoah! I'm not doing anything."

"Liar!", said Karin. "We saw what happened."

"I hadn't intended to do that to her. Honest."

"Sakura-chan?" Naruto looked to her for confirmation.

"H-He's telling the truth." Sakura defended him. "We were just goofing around that's all. I made a joke and… I went too far and offended him. It was my bad."

['Sasuke will probably see through this lie but… I hope he sees how I'm truly feeling bad for suigetsu right now.']

"Sorry Suigetsu. I didn't mean to get you in trouble."

"U-uhn. I- I'm sorry I lost my cool back then as well.", he responded.

"S-See? It was just a misunderstanding. Now, now you two. Apologize to him.", Rin told Naruto and Karin.

"As if!", Karin sneered.

Naruto said nothing. He just glared at Suigetsu as he sat down.

"You two!", Rin was upset with them.

"Excuse me.", Obito spoke.

Everyone turned to him.

"Miss Haruno. Is he by any chance your boyfriend?"

"What?" Sakura blurted.

"NO!~" She and Suigetsu chorused.

"We're co-workers. He's just a friend.", she added.

"Oh. My bad then. For a moment there I thought you two were having a lover's quarrel."

"HAH?!", Karin snarled. "Him and Sakura? Lovers? That's ridiculous!"

"T-That's right!", Naruto seconded. "There's no way Sakura-chan's gonna go for someone like him!"

"Exactly!", agreed Karin. "There's NO WAY! J-Just… No. ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE!"



It was very evident to everyone that Karin was extremely bothered by Obito's assumption.

Uncomfortable with how everyone's eyes were on her, Karin finally took her seat.

"S-Suigetsu is a good man who's charming in his own way.", Sakura felt the need to say it. "But no. We are not lovers."

Suigetsu nodded.

"Obito. Actually… Sakura is-", Rin tried to explain.

"Oh right. Now I remember. That young man.", Obito recalled "You were with him the day you helped me. You two were on a date."

"S-Sasori."

"Please send your boyfriend my regards. Tell him I thank him for what the both of you did for me back then."

"Sasori is just my childhood friend."

Her statement caused six people seated in that table to react in surprise.

Rin pressed her lips together awkwardly.

Kakashi's eyebrows were raised as he slowly regarded the three teenagers in front of him.

Naruto stared at her with wide eyes while his mouth hung open.

Karin seemed anxious, as she turned to look at Sasuke.

And Sasuke, who was already looking at her when Obito brought Sasori up, looked away nonchalantly. He returned his attention to his food.

"…And… Yeah. Sure. I'll definitely pass the message.", she continued.

"Oh.", said Obito. "P-Please do."

Suigetsu was about to bring his palm up to his face but then he segued to appear like he was only checking if his ponytail was still secured.







"Well then." Obito stood up. "We will be taking our leave. Thank you for that delightful surprise and wonderful dinner Sasuke. And to everyone as well. Thank you for being a part of this joyful moment."

Rin also stood up and bowed to everyone. "Thank you for having us."

Everyone else in the table followed suit.

"I'll also go ahead.", decided Kakashi.

"I'll walk you out.", said Sasuke.

Sakura and Suigetsu bowed to Obito and Rin who returned the gesture before making their way out of the bar accompanied by Kakashi and Sasuke.

As soon as they were gone, Sakura immediately started taking some of the dirty dishes back to the kitchen.

.

.

.

After placing the dirty dishes on the sink, Sakura turned around to return for the other dishes and was startled to see Suigetsu right behind her all along.

"We're not done talking." Suigetsu pestered her.

"Uhm. Yes we are!" Sakura took the dirty dishes he had with him and carefully placed it along with all the other dirty dinner wares.

"No were not." Suigetsu had her stepped aside and proceeded to wash the dishes himself.

Sakura held her hand up to him and back away. "I'm telling him. That's final."

"I beg you to consider.", said Suigetsu as he looked back at her. He then realized that they were not alone and motioned for Sakura to look behind her.

Sakura checked behind her and saw Naruto and Karin failing miserably to hide their presence behind the service hatch.

['Seriously?!']

"We know you're there.", she announced.



"Both of you.", she added.



"We can see your fingers. Come on out. It must be tough on your knees and ankles to be squatting down like that."

Brother and sister finally raised their heads and then slowly stood up.

"What are you doing?" Sasuke walked in on them.

Naruto and Karin were both speechless.

Sasuke then turned to the other two in the kitchen. "Sakura. Suigetsu. Stop working already. I'll handle all that later. Join us at the table. You two haven't eaten yet."

"O-Okay.", said Sakura.

Sasuke then left them to return to the table.

The four of them exchanged awkward glances at one another before moving from their respective positions.

Karin and Naruto followed after Sasuke.

Sakura and Suigetsu removed their aprons before making their way out of the kitchen

.

.

.

Five people sat at the table for the after party. They all ate and drank in silence.

Sakura and Suigetsu sat a seat apart. Sakura took Kakashi's spot and sat in front of Naruto. Suigetsu was seated on the chair Obito used and was opposite Sasuke.

The two had to eat slowly and nervously as three pairs of eyes were on them.

Naruto was not done eating so he was gulping down his food without blinking away from them.

Karin sat in silence. She was leaning on the backrest of her seat.

Sasuke was alternately looking at everyone while he took off his suit jacket and removed his tie. He set both aside on the edge of the table. He then loosened his collar and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. Then he took a sip from his cocktail drink before resting his elbows on the table.

Maybe it was the fact that he was the one who gathered everyone there in the first place. Sasuke for once, couldn't take the silence. He cleared his throat.

"Is there something wrong with your drink?", Sakura asked worriedly.

"Hn.", he shook his head.

"Oh. Okay." Sakura looked down and it was quiet once again.



Karin suddenly elbowed Naruto.

Naruto was a bit disoriented but he got the message. "Erm. This food is really great Sakura-chan!", he started.

"T-Thanks."

"Y-Yeah.", agreed Karin. "Delicious. I especially like this chicken. It was grilled perfectly."

"Yeah me too."

"Suigetsu was the one who cooked that.", shared Sakura.

Naruto and Karin fell silent again.



"By the way Karin, won't your father look for if you're not home soon?", wondered Sakura.

"He won't really get mad if I come home a little late. Once in a while is fine.", she answered. "Besides Naruto's here with me."

"I see. But then… will Naruto be okay tomorrow? He has summer school right?"

"I'll be fine. I'm used to staying up late so~"

.

.

.

"How is it that all of you aren't sleepy yet?", Naruto questioned everyone's endurance. He was now having trouble keeping his eyelids from drooping.

There was hardly any food left on the table and there were a lot of empty cocktail glasses on Sasuke and Suigetsu's side of the table.

"I've pulled a lot of all-nighters.", answered Sakura.

"I've been assisting the staff during the graveyard shift recently.", shared Karin.

"We're used to working till morning.", said Suigetsu.

"Again, why are you still here?", Naruto questioned Suigetsu.

"I'm gonna help Sasuke close up then we'll go home together." Suigetsu then turned to Sakura. "If there's anyone who should be getting home by now, It's Sakura. She hasn't gone home since yesterday."

Sakura glared at Suigetsu.

"She hasn't?!", Karin blurted just as Naruto's forehead hit the table.

"Right.", Sasuke realized. "You can go ahead if you want Sakura. I'm sure you're very tired."

"I- I'm fine!", she told him eagerly. "I'm not leaving until… I- I…

['Until I talk to Sasuke-kun properly.']

…have a rendezvous with Ino.", she lied. "I'm waiting for her to contact me."

"Do you smell that? Smells like something's burning.", implied Suigetsu.

Sakura glared at him.

"This late?", wondered Karin. "Err... early?"

"They were also together yesterday until dawn so~", mumbled Naruto right before he yawned.

"Are you gonna do it every day? What are the two of you doing?"

"F-Flowers!", said Sakura. "The flowers have to be cut and treated. They do it all before the shop's opening hours. I- I help."

"You're seriously doing way too much.", Karin remarked.

"Well played.", murmured Suigetsu. "But!"

Sakura then looked at Sasuke.

His eyebrows were pulled down together.

['Of course he knew I was lying.']

Sakura slowly reached for her hairclips and that's when she realized for the first time that day that she wasn't wearing it.

['Eh?… M-My hairclips.']

"It's gone!" She suddenly stood in panic and looked down at the floor behind her.

"Sakura?", Karin worried. "What is it?"

"I… My hairclips."

"The ones you're always wearing?", Karin recalled. "I don't think I saw you wearing them today at all."

"Eh? R-Really? I'm pretty sure I was wearing it when I came here this morning. I think I removed it but…" she started checking her pockets. "I can't exactly remember when. I don't have it here. I might've dropped it somewhere."

"Er… so what? It's just a hairclip.", said Suigetsu.

"Not just a hairclip!" Sakura glared at him before she started covering more ground for her search. "I-It's like a…. a /charm/. Ino gave it to me to…to… fight my insecurities. I've had it since I was eight. And childish as it may sound, I got through my everyday life because of those!"

"That is childish.", said Suigetsu.

"Oh you thought I'm immature now?!", She scoffed. "You thought I was awkward before?! You thought I was bad-tempered before?! Wait till you see me a few more minutes without it!"

"But you haven't been wearing it since I got here this morning."

"That's because I only came to realize that I don't have it n- Wait! /Since this morning/?!", Sakura considered then looked at Sasuke. "W-What if I lost it somewhere in the farmer's market?"

Sasuke took a moment to recall.

"D-Do you remember if I was still wearing it when we got back here?", asked Sakura. "Y-You always paid… a-attention."

Karin and Suigetsu turned to Sasuke.

"I- I… Sorry. I had a lot on my mind today.", he told her.

"I can't lose it! I'm- I won't be okay without it!" Sakura was getting frustrated.

"All right! I'll help you look for it." Sasuke stood up.

Karin stood up as well. "Maybe you dropped it somewhere around here but then it got moved around when Naruto was setting aside these tables.", supposed Karin as he looked down at Naruto who was leaning on the table fast asleep.

"Whoah.", Suigetsu chuckled. "Let's all calm down."

"I can't stay calm! I need those! Especially tonight!", she snapped. "How the hell am I supposed to- to… I need those!", Sakura frantically paced back and forth as she reached back and grabbed the ends of her pony tail. She pulled it forward and started fidgeting.

"Sheesh. You we'ren't lying were you.", realized Suigetsu. He sighed. "You were in the kitchen when I got here and you weren't wearing it then. I'll go check in there for you."

"T-Thank you!"

"Yeah. Whatever.", said Suigetsu as he went into the kitchen.

"Try and remember when and where you might've removed it because both certainly wouldn't have come off on their o- … T-Try to backtrack.", instructed Sasuke.

"I- I was up on the second floor! On the rooftop!", Sakura remembered. "I washed my uniform and hung it up to dry- I… washed my uniform. I- I- /I took a shower/! That's most probably when I removed it earlier. I'll check the bath!"

"I'll check the laundry room and the rooftop just in case.", Sasuke thought.

Sakura and Sasuke ran off leaving Karin and Naruto behind.

"Then, I guess I'll… stay here… and try looking… a bit… more." Karin's voice fades.

.

.

.

The door barges open as Sakura entered the bath room foyer. She checked the sink and the top of the dressing table. She also looked into each laundry basket and finally peeked into the bathroom. She looked all over the floor and even inside the tub but there was no sign of her hairclips.

She hurriedly walked out of the room and thought that maybe Sasuke had a better luck. On her way to the stairs, she passed by the men's changing room and saw Sasuke through the open door. He was searching inside his locker.

"S-Sasuke-kun?", she called him. "I thought you tried upstairs? Did you check there already?'

"I was… looking for a flashlight." He pulled one out from his locker. "I'm heading there now."

"I'll go with you."

"It… wasn't in the bath?"

Sakura shook her head.

"Okay. Let's try upstairs.", said sasuke then led the way up to the second floor.

.

.

.

Sakura checked the laundry area first while Sasuke immediately proceeded to the roof deck.

She couldn't find her hairclips there so she moved on to help Sasuke search the deck.

.

.

.

She walked into the deck and passed Sasuke. She tried checking around the area where the clothesline was set up.

Maybe all the alcohol was finally getting into his head. Sasuke started moving slower until he finally stopped his half-hearted search.

He then turned to look at Sakura's back while his right hand was feeling for something inside his pocket.

"You don't need it.", he started. "You know it doesn't really do anything to help you right? You have to stop believing that-"

"Yes. I know.", said Sakura as she continued looking around. "I know that it's just a hairclip. The charm was just a childish trick that Ino and I imagined. I know that it's only… /psychological/. Nevertheless, it was effective. It allowed me to believe in myself even when no one would. J-Just… knowing that I had it with me… It… gave me… courage to make decisions. It made me… capable of forgiving myself… for all my weaknesses and mistakes. It made me…"

Sakura stopped searching then.

She turned to look at Sasuke. "What I meant to say is- Whenever I felt judge or misunderstood, I held onto those hair clips to remind myself why I was in that position in the first place. Y-You know how sometimes you have to lie? Lie to yourself for the sake of others. Lie to others for the sake of yourself. Let others believe in those lies. Let yourself believe in your own lies because if not, then what was the point of lying in the first place."

/Those hair clips! It… /It made me believe in my own pretence. In lies that would comfort me. It made me think that sometimes it's okay to run away from the truth. It helped me make selfish decisions and be stubborn enough to live with it despite knowing that I was doing something wrong, something I would regret because… I feel like… I was doing it for the right reason. And it was something I had to do no matter what."

Sasuke gripped what he had inside his pocket.

"Just like… like… when I had to pretend I hated Naruto because… of you. I was avoiding 'you'! Because when I first saw you, I- I… I thought that I might end up liking you. Liking the same boy that Ino liked."

"…?"

"But just when I thought that I successfully dodge the… the 'Sasuke-sexy-love-bug-spear' or so Ino called it.", she chuckled. "I… I realized too late that I was already a goner. It took one nod from you to make my heart skip a beat. Another nod and it made me want to become a part of your life. One syllable out of your mouth and it made me want to listen to your voice every single day. One smile and… I wanted to make you mine."

"Sakura..."

"It's been a long and hard struggle Sasuke-kun. Believe me when I say that I tried everything to not be in this situation. I tried every possible way out of this scenario but in the end… here I am."

"S-"

"I… /love you/. I'm in love with you Sasuke-kun."

"Sakura. Y-You have Sasori."

"Sasori? S-Sasori's gone. He- He's gone. He left me for good."

"Because of me?"

"…"

"He's gone so now, you're coming after me?"

"No! I- I really love you. Weren't you listening? I've been in love with you for so long."

"Stop."

"Eh?"

"I- I can't-"

"E-Eh?"

"I'm sorry."

"…"

"I- I… N- I was going to ask Karin out."

"Karin?"

"Aa."

"But… I love you."

"She loves me too!" Sasuke said through greeted teeth. "For a lot longer than you have too. And... unlike you, she never thought of it as a struggle. Not even once. And in spite of what I've been through, she certainly didn't bother to find a way out of feeling that way about me."

"But I was- No, you're right and I was wrong. /So wrong/. But… I thought y- … You tried to kiss me."

"Y-You were… /vulnerable/. I- I'm just a man."

"But… all this time… You were so kind to me and…"

"I thought I could have my fun with you. That's all it was! I was… tired of my daily routine. I was bored and… Sure you help me with my problems along the way and I'm grateful but… seeing you fall emotionally apart was part of the game. I wanted to play with you until you couldn't hold out much longer. It took longer than I expected and I just got bored of you. But like I said, I'm grateful for everything you've done for me. That's why I tried to let you off easily by slowly giving you space. This dinner was a sincere favor I wanted to ask of you as a friend but, I made a mistake early this morning. Old habits die hard. It was a mistake. I knew I screwed up. It wasn't supposed to end like this. Three more weeks and we could've gone our separate ways peacefully."

-Sasuke's voice was shaking the whole time he spoke. He was also unable to look her straight in the eyes.

"That's… That's so /unfair/! You're so unfair!"

"Unfair?! Me?", he scoffed. "You're the one who keeps a boy at the side while you flirt with whoever you please. You bragged about your future with Sasori /while giving me mix signals. How did you think I took it?! I thought that you just wanted to /play too! Clearly, I was wrong. My bad! Good thing we haven't fucked yet, right? You get to walk away from this with a lot more than just your dignity intact-"

A piercing sound echoed throughout the deck as Sakura's hand collided with Sasuke's face.

Sasuke lick his bruised lips as he slowly turned back towards Sakura. He expected to see the face of a hurt and crying girl. Instead he saw a blank expression.

Sakura then turned away and started searching for her missing items again.

Sasuke watched her in remorse. He was finally going to take out what he had inside his pocket but then he noticed that Sakura froze in place. She suddenly looked guilt-ridden.

Sasuke was distressed to learn that someone else was there. He quickly looked behind him to check who Sakura was looking at.

...

Karin stood by the door. She had a painfully concerned, pitying look on her face.

"Karin?", said Sasuke.



Sakura then slowly walked passed Sasuke and moved towards Karin. She lowered her head as she walks by Karin.

"Sakura.", said Karin.

Sakura stopped and slowly turned to Karin with a now pained expression. "Karin.", she whimpered.

Karin was not sure how to feel about seeing Sakura cry miserably right in front of her.

Sakura stepped back and lowered her head in apology.

"S-Sakura?"

"C-Congratulions!", Sakura wept. She then pulled back right before Karin could touch her and turned away.

"Sakura!", yelled Karin as Sakura ran away from there as fast as she could.

.

.

.

She made a quick stop at her locker before heading for the exit.

"I can't find it anywhere Sakura,", Suigetsu told her when he saw her just outside the kitchen.

"S-Sorry. I'm really sorry. Thank you for… for trying to… for-"

"Hey. Don't cry! I'll try looking again! I'll do my best even if I have to turn this place upside down.", Suigetsu comforted her.

"I… I'm sorry!"

Sakura ran out through the service door.

"S-Sakura?!", he shouted.

.

.

.

Out of Otogakure and on to the sidewalk, Sakura ran without a care for anything or anyone around her.



She kept running even though she was out of breath and her right side started to hurt.



She ran until she found herself in a familiar place.

When she finally stopped, she heard nothing but her ragged breathing and the fast beating of her heart.

And then she heard something else.

She heard her phone vibrating inside her bag.

She ignored it and looked up at the sky that was supposed to be lighting up.

She felt a small drop of water on her cheeks.

Then she felt a few more.

The drops became a drizzle.

The drizzle becomes a rain.

She stayed in the rain even though the bus shelter was only a few feet away.







~/5AM in the rain /

Waiting for you to explain

Why you don't think you can stay

Why my world's just gone insane

I remember the first time we were here

You told me all your darkest fears

And I fell apart

I knew this was coming from day one

Back there in (September) when we'd just begun

I was right but I've never wanted to be so wrong

Why did you have to let me let you in?

I don't let many people under my skin

I know that this is for the best

But it doesn't hurt any less

But it doesn't hurt any less

People break each other's hearts

In their individual ways

You broke mine clean in half

When you let me stay

You made me feel so exposed

Asked for the feelings I held close

And I gave them away

I knew this was coming from day one

This was never love it was chaos

I was right but I've never wanted to be so wrong

Why did you have to let me let you in?

I don't let many people under my skin

I know that this is for the best

But it doesn't hurt any less

But it doesn't hurt any less

I'm not what you thought you wanted

But it was you who started this

I gave everything expecting nothing

But it doesn't hurt any less

You tell me you were mistaken

But you can't give back what you've taken

How does it feel to be keeping it all?

I can't see how there's a middle ground

I wanted you but I want nothing now

I think I'd rather take the fall

Why did you have to let me let you in?

I don't let many people under my skin

I know that this is for the best

But it doesn't hurt any less

But it doesn't hurt any less

I'm not what you thought you wanted

But it was you who started this

I gave everything expecting nothing

But it doesn't hurt any less

/(HURT ANY LESS – Lauren Aquilina)/~

END OF FLASHBACK

"Sakura! There you are!", Ino yelled, snapping Sakura out of her thoughts.

Sakura looked away from the fountain.

"Come. She's ready to see us.", Ino gestured for her to join her.

.

.

.

Sakura and Ino came across Naruto on their way to meet the bride.

Naruto had his chocolate brown tuxedo jacket hanging from his left arm. He was too focused on the task of adjusting his orange waistcoat and matching ascot tie that he didn't notice the two ladies ahead of him.

"Naruto~!", Ino called his attention.

Naruto raise his head ready to greet whoever called him. "Hey~ Ino- …" He did a double take. "Sakura-chan!"

Sakura and Ino grinned at him.

"Y-You're here!" Naruto approached them as he fiddled with his cufflink. "I'm so glad you made it!", he beamed.

"Yeah well… Ta-da~", Sakura tried to match his energy.

"She's gonna be so happy!" Naruto put his hands on Sakura's shoulder. "Thank you for coming. Thank you for doing this /for her/."

Sakura gave Naruto a weak but meaningful smile.

"We're actually on our way to see the bride now.", said Ino.

"Oh. I see. Great!", Naruto grinned. "We'll catch up later then. I gotta get ready myself."

"Okay.", Sakura nodded.

"We'll see you around Naruto.", bid Ino as they all went on their way.

.

.

.

Ino knocked on the door a few times before leaning closer on it. "Hey! It's me. I got Sakura here with me. We're coming in okay~", she announced.

Ino then opened the door and had Sakura follow her inside.

.

.

.

The make-up artist stepped away from the bride, revealing a red head who's looking at her reflection in the mirror.

The bride saw Sakura and Ino in the mirror and turned to look at them.

Karin was overjoyed. "Sakura! You made it!"

Sakura can be seen smiling back at her in the mirror.

Karin stood up and walked towards them until only a part of her black bathrobe is reflected.

.

.

.

/Noir/

/./

/./

/./

/TBC/
Sign up to rate and review this story