Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

9.1

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-24 - 5051 words - Complete

0Unrated
How about a recap?

May:

30/Sat: The pairing is introduced/1.1-1.2

31/Sun: No event.

June:

01/Monday-06/Sat: Week 1/1.3-1.5

07-23: Nothing much to talk about.

24/Wed: "…Get home safe."

25/Thur: 'Someone' collapses

26-27: A few significant scenes at school/Getting his address

28/Sat: The dorm visit

29~03: meh…

July:

04/Sat: 2.4/WICKED GAME

05/Sun: Nope.

06/Mon: MIDNIGHT MOUTHS

07-08: ~

09/Thur: The 'friendly' date.

10/Fri: Phone call early in the morning.

11/Sat: ECHOES

12-18: Final Exams – but who wants to talk about that right?

19-24: ~

25/Sat: The day before summer break starts./4.1-4.4/WONDER

26/Sun: Birthday Party

27/Mon: First day of summer job

28/Tues: Struggle is real.

29/Wed: Encounter/OUT OF OUR DEPTH

30-31: Well, Sasori is back.

August:

01/Sat: They tried.

02/Sun: They realized.

(That's right. It shouldn't take long to fix a misunderstanding people! Unless it's on purpose!)

03-15: Careful consideration.

16/Sun: The calm before the storm.

17/Mon: Am/End of 7.5/HURT ANY LESS

17/Mon: Pm/8.1/ "I am titanium~"

18-29: OCEAN

30/Sun: "By all means, Keep it."

31/Mon: The only holiday she got (I gave) all summer. No event.

September:

01/Tuesday: Back to School! Well, not everyone. – LOW

02-04: ~

05/Sat: Just when you thought that book has lived its purpose.

06/Sun: MAMA says what?

07/Mon: SUDDENLY STRANGERS – If you do the math, ta-da~ 100 Days – I promised you cliché! I delivered!

(9.1)

XXXXXXXXXX

"/It's not the same cologne."/

/Noir/

/./

/./

/./

~("We are about to begin the Dinner Reception so we ask everyone to make their way to the ballroom.")~

A young woman with rose gold hair and green eyes walked painfully slowly as she made her way through the decorated arcade.

Sai, despite the smile on his face, was cocking his eyebrows at her as the five years old ring bearer who was carefully pushing a baby stroller walked past her. Even an old lady that needed the aid of a walker passed her with ease.

("Please proceed to your respective seats and make your selves comfortable")

("Good evening ladies and gentleman, friends and loved ones.")

("Hello everyone~")

("Welcome to Karin and Suigetsu's Dinner Reception!~")

("Uzumaki Naruto here.")

("My name is Yamanaka Ino and we are…your masters of Ceremonies tonight.")

("The lovely bride and the other on- oof. I mean 'her husband'… err… the groom… would like to extend their thanks to those who were with us earlier for the wedding ceremony. To those who just joined us, Welcome~ and… Thank you for attending this celebration tonight.")

("Yes. Thank you for being with us today, especially to those who had to take a leave of absence from work and to those who had to travel miles away just to be here.")

Sakura took forever to get to the door where Sai had been waiting for her. But if she thought her feet were heavy before, now it felt like it had just turned to stone. She couldn't get herself to step into ballhall of the Uzumaki ancestral estate.

"Miss Haruno.", Sai spoke through gritted teeth as he tried his best to keep his smile. "Pardon my rudeness but… I want you to know that for a while now, you look like someone who's been fighting the urge to go to the toilet. You're way too tense."

"Wh- Err- Tense?!" Sakura laughed sarcastically. "Me? Why would I be tense?"

"Because the guy you once fell in love with~ is somewhere in there and you're not sure if you're ready or if you even want to talk to him after all this time."

"You know?!" Sakura felt embarrassed.

"Ino might've told me a bit about you and… the one that got away."

Sakura felt butterflies in her stomach. "I… may… actually have to /use the toilet/."

"No you /don't/." Sai chuckled but it was obvious that he was getting frustrated. "Listen, Ino gave me clear instructions to make sure you attend this dinner."

"All right, all right. Just give me a second to mentally prepare myself."

"Just think of it this way. The sooner we get in, the sooner you can take your seat. Then you can just try your best to keep a low profile from 'this guy' or… whatever."

Sakura blinked once.

("Ladies and Gentlemen. Let us all welcome the bridal party. A warm round of applause for our hosts, the father of the bride, Mr. Uzumaki…")

"We have to be quick if you want to be sitting down very soon and hidden within all these people.", added Sai.

Sakura never reacted so fast in her life. She suddenly grabbed on to Sai's arm and pulled him into the ballroom.

("This time, let's put our hands together for the Maid of Honor, Ami…")

"Where's table seven?", wondered Sakura as she practically dragged Sai along the sides of the room.

"I think it's…" Sai was quick to spot Shikamaru and the others. He took the lead and pulled Sakura towards their destination. "/Over there/!"

"But, that's where the bridal party is making their entrance." Sakura tried to slow Sai down. "Wait!"

"Now we come to our Best Man. Ladies and Gentlemen, or should I say, Ladies~ let's face it. Seeing his name on that invitation… He's the real reason why you gladly came to attend this event. It is indeed a rare occasion for this renowned billionaire bachelor to make an appearance in Japan yet he graced our humble town with his presence and you got my wonderful sister, tying the knot, to thank for it. Feast your eyes on the one, the only, Uchiha Sasuke.", announced Naruto. "That's right ladies. You heard it right. He's still very single and very available~"

The overly excited female guests roared as Sasuke makes his appearance – all the while glaring at Naruto.

It was then only a matter of seconds before Sasuke would look up front and see Sakura who wasn't that hard to spot because, apart from her vibrant hair color, she was wearing a celadon silk dress that made her stood out from the classy black or the white and violet motif that most of the guest went for.

She quickly let go of Sai's arm and turned on her heel. As she did though, a group of women who were very eager to see Sasuke up close bumped into her and she ended up accidentally being shoved aside. She thought that she felt the heel of her right pumps breaking and was afraid she would fall. Fortunately, she didn't cause a big scene thanks to Sai who desperately reached for her arm and prevented her from falling. The few people around them however can't help but stare and snigger at Sakura's inelegance.

Ino saw the whole thing and immediately went on with the program to prevent more people from taking notice of Sakura's predicament. "Let's now move on to the Bridesmaids and the Groomsmen."

("Starting with the First Bridesmaid, we have Tayuya…")

Sasuke who was quite familiar with the program realized that Ino was in a hurry to introduce those behind him, especially since he hasn't even walked past the entrance arch yet. He picked up on her unusual behaviour of alternately looking between her script and at a certain corner of the room while she introduced Tayuya and Kin Tsuchi consecutively.

He turned his attention towards the small commotion occurring not far away from him and recognized a fairly embarrassed Sakura – who was awkwardly clinging onto the arms of a man he had never seen before – as she made her way to her table.

"Sakura? Are you alright?", asked Temari as they reached their table.

Sakura waved her hand. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine."

"That was close.", noted Shikamaru. "Nice save there buddy."

Sai nodded and pulled out a chair for Sakura.

"T-Thanks.", Sakura told him. Before she could even take her seat however, she froze as she finally got a look at Sasuke who was also looking at her.

['So much for keeping a low profile.']

Not wanting to give people a reason to look at Sakura's direction and make her more anxious, Sasuke just looked onwards and continued on his way to the head table as Ino presented Jugo and Kimimaru.

Sakura released a breath she didn't know she was holding as soon as Sasuke wasn't looking at her anymore.

"Is everything really okay?", wondered Sai.

"I'm fine. But…" Sakura smiled awkwardly. "It seems like I got all worked up for nothing. Maybe seeing each other again isn't really as big a deal as I thought it would be. I mean, up until a few months ago I wasn't even expecting to see him ever again. And then… just now, he saw me- He looked at me and then walked away like… it was nothing."

"Or perhaps he just wasn't sure how to react to this." Sai stared at her hand that was still holding him for emphasis.

Sakura quickly drew her hand back and took her seat. "S-Sorry."

Sai took the seat between her and Choji's. "But maybe you're right. How long has it been? Seven? Eight years? Maybe you're the only one who's still unable to move on. Maybe he considers everything that occurred between the two of you as just a thing of the past now."

"Ino told you a bit, you say?" Sakura raised an eyebrow. "You sound like you know the whole story."

Sai only smiled to her in response.

Sakura turned to the other people seated with them. Choji, Shikamaru and Temari gave her a look of concern.

("I assume that everyone has already settled down at this point.")

Sakura sighed then turned her attention to the two hosts.

"I think we're ready to welcome the newlyweds.", announced Ino.

"So, without further ado~", Naruto boomed "Let us all rise and give our warmest welcome to our bride and groom. Ladies and gentlemen~"

"A big hand for Karin and Suigetsu!~", Ino and Naruto chorused.

The band plays 'Cut to the Feeling' by Carly Rae Jepsen.

Sakura rose along with the others as they welcome the couple in amusement.

...

("Congratulations again to Suigetsu and Karin and best wishes to the both of you. Once again ladies and gentlemen, let's give a big round of applause for the new lovely couple.")

Somewhere along the wide applause, Sakura found herself looking towards the head table.

At first she just stole a quick glance at Sasuke as he gave Ami, Tayuya and Kin Tsuchi curt nods as they commented about the couple's entrance. But when he got occupied with chatting with Jugo and Kimimaru who had just joined them on their table, she found her chance to take a good long look at him.

['Maybe he'll also be that casual with me when we finally get the chance to talk. Maybe we won't even get the chance to talk to each other. Maybe we don't need to. Maybe there's nothing to talk about at all.']

.

.

.

"So, did you talk to him yet?"

Sakura lifted her gaze from her plate to Tenten who was sitting across her on table. She was wearing a pink qipao dress. Tenten was genuinely curious.

She then turned to the girl seated at Tenten's right. Hinata – who was wearing a white and lavender high neck sleeveless midi dress – seemed like she was very interested to know as well. She was glancing at Sakura as she held a bottle of milk to her infant boy that was lying on the stroller. The baby looked so much like Naruto.

She then looked at Temari and the boys for help but they all looked away and kept themselves busy with their food or something else.

Sakura swallowed the food she was chewing. "Err… I-"

"I want to feed Boruto.", said the young ring bearer – a dark-haired boy – that was seated next to the stroller beside Hinata.

"Very well, Minato." Hinata smiled at him. "Be careful okay?"

"I know what to do.", said Minato as he carefully relieved Hinata of the baby bottle.

The people at the table were taken by the cuteness of the two children.

Sakura noticed that Minato was stealing glances at her.

"Hi."

"Hello. My name is Minato." The boy told her then pointed at Naruto – who was eating while standing up as he and Ino were discussing the rest of the program with the newly wedded couple. "They named me after his father. I was born on the same day that he was."

"So I heard."

"I'm his reincarnation. So I have to look after my grandson."

"That's… amazing and very sweet of you."

("Minato!")

Minato and Sakura turned towards Rin – who was wearing an elegant black off shoulder cocktail dress.

"Okaasan. You're late. You miss the wedding. You didn't see me bring the ring to the altar."

"Sorry, sweetheart. Okaasan couldn't just leave the hospital.", Rin said as she approached her son and kissed him on the forehead. She then turned to Hinata. "Sorry. Thanks for looking after him."

Hinata smiled. "It's no problem at all. If anything, he helps me by looking after Boruto. He's such a sweet boy."

"Hi Sakura. It's good to finally see you again.", Rin greeted as she took her seat between Sakura and Minato."

"Yes. You too. Uhm… Obito-san isn't with you?"

"No. He can't take the day off work unfortunately. I invited Kakashi too but he's also very busy. He recently just became the new principal of Konoha High school after all."

"Do you and Otoosan know her? Kakashi-ojisan too?"

"Yes sweetheart. You probably don't remember her. You were still a baby the last time she saw you.", Rin told her son while smiling at Sakura. She then noticed the man beside her. "And this is…"

"Oh. This is Sai." Sakura introduced them to one another. "Sai this is Rin. She used to be our school nurse when I was still in high school. She's a full time employee of the Uzumaki General hospital now."

"Hello. Nice to meet you.", said Sai.

"Hi. So~ Are you two… dating?", Rin reluctantly asked.

"Oh. No." / "We're not like that."

"He's uhm… Ino's…"

"I'm Ino's boyfriend.", Sai finished Sakura's sentence

"Oh. I see. Err… Speaking of Ino, I just remembered. I came with Dr. Yamanaka. He told me to tell you that he brought your luggage like you asked him to. It's on the trunk of his car. If you need it just approach him over at his table."

"Okay. Thank you."

"Why did you need your bag brought here? Are you no longer going back with Ino?", wondered Hinata.

"I… uhm… No.", Sakura answered. "I'm going directly to the train station, after I leave here. Early."

"You're not going to finish the dinner reception?"

"You're heading back to Tokyo so soon? Won't you stay in Konoha for at least one more day?" Tenten pleaded. "I would like for all of us to catch up with one another."

Temari nodded.

"I wish I could. Even my mentor was apologetic for suddenly asking me to go back so soon when this was the one and only time I asked for a leave of absence. /But/, something important came up. This is really a very crucial year for me so~"

"I see. That can't be helped then. Perhaps another time.", thought Hinata.

"Yes. Next time I come back here, I'll make sure we can all hang out together like old times. For now, I'm really very sorry."

"Then Sakura…", Rin joined.

"Hm?"

Rin looked at the head table then turned back to Sakura. "Did you talk to Sasuke-kun yet?"



.

.

.

Sakura was still unable to respond properly when Karin and Suigestu threw the same question at her when they came over to their table for the souvenir picture.

"I'm going to get a drink." Sakura excused herself and walked towards the open bar. She felt a little wobbly as she stood up. It seems like her right heel was slightly cracked after all.

.

.

.

"Oh! Hello~", Sakura greeted the bartenders. "Of course you would sponsor the drinks."

"It's wonderful to see you again, Sakura-chan.", said Orochimaru.

Kabuto who was serving someone else a drink smiled at her as well.

"So~ Did you and Sasuke-kun talked yet? What can I get you by the way?", asked Orochimaru.

"Uhm…"

("Sakura-chan!~")

Sakura turned and saw Tayuya and Kin Tsuchi approaching the bar.

"Hi~!", she greeted them as they went for a hug.

"It's good to see you. Oh good you let your hair grow out again.", noted Kin Tsuchi as she tucked some strands of Sakura's hair behind her ear. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good. I-"

"Sasuke's over there.", said Tayuya. "Did you two talked yet? Come over and say 'hi'."

"M-Maybe… later?"

.

.

.

On her way back from the bar;

"It's Sakura-chan!", boomed Kidomaru.

"HEY~" "Sakura-chan~!" "Come here!" "We missed you!"

Sakura couldn't help but to go over to their table and greet everyone else that she used to work with at Otogakure.

The smile on her face vanished as she got there because Zaku threw the dreaded question at her way.

"So~ Sasuke? He talked to you yet?"

['Why is that all that everyone cares about?']

.

.

.

'Did you talk to him yet?' was the new 'Hello. How are you?'. That's what Sakura concluded.

Sakura let out a sigh as she looked at her reflection in the vanity mirror. She was exhausted and it's showing on her face.

She then noticed the bathroom stall behind her opening.

Ami came out. "Sakura!"

"Ami! Hi~"

"Hi. You know, if you told the 'me' from back in high school that I would be the Maid of Honor at Karin's wedding someday, I probably wouldn't believe it." Ami told her as she approached the vanity to wash her hands. "Isn't it funny how life works?"

"Ehehe~ Indeed."

"Hm~ … It's probably not any of my business but… Did you and Sasuke have the chance to talk yet?"

Sakura fell silent. She tried her best to keep the smile on her face though.

Ami smiled gently at her. "You have the same reaction as Sasuke. Whenever someone asked him about you, he also suddenly gets quiet."

['Eh?']

"H-He does?"

"Yep.", confirmed Ami as she started drying her hands. "You know what I think?"

"Huh?"

"I think that silence only means that the both of you actually think about each other quite a lot. You have way too many thoughts about one another so you don't know where to start talking about each other. Or maybe you're both just too afraid to start talking because you wouldn't know how to stop."

Sakura carefully considered what Ami said.

"I'll go ahead first. See you around.", said Ami before leaving Sakura alone in the bathroom.

.

.

.

Sakura stepped out of the restroom.

Naruto appeared from behind her. "Sakura-chan! Hey, did you-"

"No Naruto! NO!" Sakura stomped her right foot so hard on the floor. "For the hundredth time, no! No, I haven't talked to Uchiha Sasuke yet! You know he and I-"

Sakura was stunned when she turned around and realized that Sasuke was right behind Naruto all along.

"I- I was actually going to ask you 'if you had cake yet?' Now… If you'll both excuse me, I think you two have something you want to say to each other.", said Naruto before awkwardly slipping into the restroom.



Sakura's right hand flew over her mouth while Sasuke placed both his hands inside his pocket. They waited patiently for Naruto – who kept his eyes intently on them until the very last moment – to ultimately shut the door closed.

Sasuke cleared his throat and Sakura was freed from her stillness.

"I… uhm…" Sakura's initial reaction was to shy away. She took a step back with her right foot and that is exactly when the whole heel of her pumps came off. "Ack!~"

Sasuke was way too far away to reach her in time.

The good news, Sasuke was the only one who witnessed her fall. The bad news however, he saw more than just that.

Sasuke was definitely caught off guard. He tilted his head subconsciously to the left, unable to look away until Sakura straightened her dress in a frantic manner.

Sakura attempted to get up and that's when Sasuke's brain finally started working again.

He quickly moved towards her and offered her his hand.

"T-Thank you. S-Sorry you had to… see /all that/." Sakura didn't hesitate to accept the help. She got on her feet and held onto him for support as she tried to find her balance.

['This brings back memories.']

"I- It's… I don't think it's repairable." Sasuke suddenly commented on her shoes just to talk about something else.

"Tsk!" Sakura was irritated as she made a move to pick up the severed heel.

Sasuke can't help but raised an eyebrow as Sakura held his forearm tightly, almost pulling him down with her as she bent her knees. She was way too comfortable with him. Especially with how her hands slid up all the way to his shoulders as she straightened her back then made a move to remove both her shoes right then and there so she could be more comfortable.

Sakura suddenly noticed something. "It's not the same cologne.", she thought out loud.

"Huh?" Sasuke was taken aback. "I-"

Both of them were suddenly blushing.

Sakura finally realized how close the two of them were and quickly let go of him. She then slowly stepped away from Sasuke. "Did you ta- I mean… /How. Are. You. /How are you? Err… Hi. Nice to see you again by the way.", she started over and held a hand out to him only to withdrew the hand immediately after noticing how Sasuke blinked from her face to her hand and back to her face again. "Right. That was stupid."

"I'm good. You?" Sasuke went ahead with the conversation.

"Good! Me too! I'm good too!"

It was very obvious to Sasuke how much Sakura just wanted to slap herself for that unwitty response. It made him smile. "I'm glad."

"Hm?"

"I'm glad that you're doing fine."

"Oh." Sakura realized that she was about to cover her mouth so she immediately placed both her hands behind her and clasp them together instead. She then allowed Sasuke to witness her smile. "Y-Yeah."



Naruto cleared his throat.

The two of them turned towards the door and found that it was slightly open. "Is this a good time to get out yet?", asked Naruto as he peeked through the door.

"Yes. Dobe. Just get out here already."

"Cool!" Naruto made a move to get out of the restroom. "Cause you know, I got to get back to that dinner reception and so do you."

.

.

.

The guests who were unacquainted with Sakura couldn't possibly guess why some people including those that were seated at the head table and even the two bartenders were suddenly rejoicing as if they weren't already in a celebration to begin with.

They showed their exuberance in various ways but they were all smiling from ear to ear as Sakura walked through the doors, holding onto Sasuke's arm.

Sakura was extremely self-conscious but not because she was limping but because she knows that her friends are finding her current situation very amusing.

Sasuke supported Sakura, who was desperately trying to walk as properly as she could despite her now asymmetrical pair of footwear, all the way to her table. As they approach the table, its occupants turned down their exhilaration and restrained their giggles until finally they were suddenly very quiet.



"Sasuke-nii~.", Minato broke the awkward silence.

"Hi Sasuke-kun.", Rin followed suit.

Hinata and the others nodded at him while Sai got up and adjusted Sakura's chair.

"Thanks Sai." Sakura slowly lowered herself on the chair. "Uhm... Sasuke-k- U- ... Sasuke. This is Sai. Sai, Sasuke.", she introduced them to one another.

"Hn." Sasuke nodded.

"I'm Ino's boyfriend.", Sai told Sasuke with a smile. "She's single."

Sakura's mouth hung agape as she turned to Sai.

"A-Aa."

Everyone else in that table, apart from the sleeping infant and Minato, tried to suppressed their smile.

"Erm... Sai." Sakura widened her eyes at him. "Can I trouble you to ask Ino to get me my only other pair of shoes?"

"Yes sure."

"I'll do it.", said Sasuke as he patted the head of Minato. "She's right there by the head table. I'm going there now."

"O-Okay then. Thank you very much."

"Hn.", grunted Sasuke before leaving.







As soon as Sasuke was gone, Sakura moved her plate of cake aside before leaning forward on the table to hide her face from everyone.

Choji cleared his throat and was about to say something but-

"Don't say it." Without looking up, Sakura raised her pointer finger at his direction. "Don't say anything. Please."



"Ladies and gentlemen~ A moment's pause.", Naruto resumed the ceremonies. "We would like to invite everyone to raise their glasses to the Bride and Groom as we wish them good health and happiness."

Sakura sat up straight as the waiter came to their table to serve them their wine. She then looked at Sasuke who had just passed Ino the message. Ino nodded at him before making her way to the table where her father was seated.

"May we call on the best man – who was also the best man at my wedding /by the way. I highly recommend him. He gives expensive presents and he keeps his speech short /– Mr. Uchiha Sasuke, please lead the champagne toast.", continued Naruto.

Everyone clapped their hands for Sasuke as he made his way to Naruto who then handed him the microphone.

"Good evening.", he started – his modulated voice causing a lot of women to scream. "Hn, I really don't get why I keep getting asked to be someone's best man since I'm that guy who hardly stay in touch with friends. Anyway, Suigetsu pestered me saying I was the only man for the job… He meant it. /Literally/. I was his roommate for less than four months by the way. That was before I move to the States... About eight years ago. But, I said yes and here I am so, I might as well... Now what would be the worst thing I can say about him? About /them/? Let's see. Suigetsu and Karin. What can I say about this couple? Well. One is a jealous, overzealous, obsessed, fangirl. And the other one is Karin. And… I don't know why you're all laughing when I'm very serious.", Sasuke was speaking in a nonchalant tone the whole time.

Sasuke sighed. "Okay, jokes aside… Suigetsu is nothing but a good man. Like any of us, he isn't perfect. But unlike most of us, his imperfections is what makes him the good man that I know he is. He's only serious flaw would be his lack of judgement in choosing a friend. But hey, if he can get even a guy like me to make the effort to come to his wedding… that's got to stand for something, right?" Sasuke raised his glass to the couple. "Karin. I'm sure everyone will agree you two make a lovely couple. You're both very lucky to have found each other. I'm absolutely happy for the both of you."

The couple smiled to Sasuke before looking at each other dearly.

Sasuke then turned to everyone else. "That's all I got for you now. Everyone, I invite you to stand up and join me in toasting the bride and groom on what I'm sure will be a very long and happy marriage."

Everyone stood up and raised their glass.

"To Suigetsu and Karin.", Sasuke commenced the toast.

"Cheers~!", the mass made the toast and drank from their glasses.

"Goodnight.", said Sasuke before handing the microphone back to Naruto.

"Thank you everyone. You may now be seated.", announced Naruto.



"You're still in love with him." Ino suddenly appeared beside Sakura.

Sakura was startled. She finally looked away from Sasuke and turned towards Ino who was holding out her travel shoe bag.

"I…" Sakura accepted the bag and realized that she was still standing up while everyone else was already seated. "Thank you." Sakura immediately flopped down on her seat and made a move to change her shoes.

"Okaasan?" Minato suddenly spoke. "Is she and Sasuke-nii~ like you and Otoosan? Are they going to get married too?"

Sakura felt like she was punched in the gut.

Rin smiled at Minato. "Sweetheart, err… why don't you… Maybe you can go with…" Rin's eyes found Choji. "Choji! To the buffet table."

Choji looked at his plates which were obviously still filled with food. He then surveyed everyone around him and came to a realization. "Oh."

He immediately got up. "Come on little man. Let's see if we can get you more cake."

"No thanks." Minato got off his chair. "But I'll go over to Sasuke-nii~ instead. I'll ask him if he's going to marry Sakura-ne~"

"Huh?! Wait. Minato!", Rin tried to stop her.

Choji sat back down.

They all watched in horror as Minato ran towards the head table.

"Whoops. This may be my fault.", said Ino.

Sakura glared at Ino. "Do something!"

Ino seemed like she thought of something. "Right. I got an idea.", she announced.

"Hurry!", Sakura blurted.

"Leave it to me!" Ino quickly left them to run after Minato.



Sasuke felt someone was tugging on his sleeve so he turned and found Minato right beside him. He then stood up from his chair and carried Minato up in his arms.

Sakura wanted to disappear on the face of the Earth then and there when she saw Minato leaned closer to whisper something in Sasuke's ear. Sasuke's surprise was very obvious. Minato then pointed at their table.

Everyone in table seven quickly looked away and pretended to be minding their own business in an attempt to not get caught by Sasuke. Rin placed her hand over her mouth as she was very troubled by what her son has done.

"Ino's talking to him!", Sai observed.

Sakura quickly looked back at the head table and saw that Ino was in fact, talking to Sasuke.

Ino was smiling the whole time he talked to Sasuke. Minato asked Sasuke to put him down and so Sasuke obliged. Soon, Ino was gesturing her thumb towards Sakura.

Everyone around Sakura could empathize with her, when she let out a sigh of relief.

.

.

.
Sign up to rate and review this story