Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

9.3

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-24 - 4035 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
(9.3)

WAY TOO GOOD

/"I might as well give him a chance."/

~All too good, it's all too good

Half empty bottles of wine on my sink, and I am, I am

Far too gone, way too gone, I cannot think and I don't even care

No I don't

Wish that we could stay in this for life

Wish we could remain in this but I

I know better

Everything is way too good, way too good now

If nothing is meant to last, maybe we should drink to that

Cause it's way too good, way too good now

Morning's gonna come so fast, pour another drink in my glass

On the balcony, looking at the city

Everything seem to be so far away and I know, I know

It's all too good, all too good

You look at me like tomorrow could wait, lost in a haze

Wish that we could stay in this for life

Wish we could remain in this but I

I know better

Everything is way too good, way too good now

If nothing is meant to last, maybe we should drink to that

Cause it's way too good, way too good now

Morning's gonna come so fast, pour another drink in my glass

Don't need anything else, I don't wanna cry anymore tears

For everything, everything I've wasted

Don't need anything else, cause we got it all as long as we're here

But everything, everything is changing

Everything is way too good, way too good now

If nothing is meant to last, maybe we should drink to that

Cause it's way too good, way too good now

Morning's gonna come so fast, pour another drink in my glass

Cause it's way too good, way too good now

If nothing is meant to last, pour another drink in my glass

Pour another drink in my glass

/(WAY TOO GOOD - Lauren Aquilina)/~

Sakura sat on her balcony. She had her back on the wall and was looking at the night sky.

She then looked down on the busy street through the balusters as a cab pull up in front of her apartment. Ino and Sai got out of the car.

.

.

.

Sakura could tell how enthusiastic Ino was with how heavy and rushed her footsteps were.

Ino quickly made her way to the common area of their two bedroom apartment. "Sakura!", she called.

Sakura sighed. "I'm out here."

"So, how was it? How did it go?" Ino appeared by the door with a very optimistic smile. "What did you two talk about-"

The smile on Ino's face slowly fades as she found Sakura with a glass of whisky in hand. She also had her hair cut short again, this time even shorter than the last time. She now had her hair in a jaw length bob.

Sakura gave her a weak smile as she tucks the short length of hair behind her ear. "It's over. This time it really is."

Ino immediately shifted to her sympathetic mode as she walked out into the balcony. She then joined Sakura, sitting down beside her. "You want to talk about it?", asked Ino as she adjusted her floral dress.

Sakura set her glass down and made a move to share her blanket with Ino, revealing that she was only wearing an old oversized t-shirt and a pair of sweat shorts. "He was planning to ask someone out."

"He was?", Ino looked confused.

Sai peered at them through the door but maintained his distance.

"I was stupid to hope that if we saw each other again then maybe… maybe we'd get another chance. Sai was right. It's been almost eight years. Of course he's found someone by now and I'm really glad he did. I'm happy for him.", added Sakura. "Now that I think about it, what was I expecting if he hadn't? It's not like we could get into a serious relationship. I-I'm a committed intern at the biggest hospital in Tokyo and he's a hard working tycoon based in the U.S. It's impossible. This is- W-We're- It's not meant to be."

"But… the way he looked at you? The- That bastard! What was he planning to do with you then? A one night stand? His 'booty call' whenever he's here in Japan? As if he doesn't already have tons of those." Ino was furious and then she realized something. "Oh. My. Gosh. /Forehead/, I… I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. To think we almost helped the guy score with you. Nothing happened right? He didn't… You didn't…"

Sakura shook her head.

Ino was relieved but she was still angry. "I'm going to kill him the next time I see him. I'm going to call Naruto and Karin and-"

"I don't think he meant to do anything with me Ino." Sakura assured her.

"I think she's right." Sai agreed. "If he did, he wouldn't have ruined his chance to have his way with Sakura by telling her that he's interested in somebody else."

"But, what if that asshole thought that he could land Sakura without a serious commitment? What if he thought that Sakura would just keep herself available for him even if he sees other woman?, argued Ino.

"Ino. It's as you said earlier, you and your friends were the ones who kept pushing them together that night. He wouldn't have been able to dance with her if it weren't for the groom. And he wouldn't have driven her to the train station if you didn't ask him to."

"Err…"

"Besides if he wanted to take advantage of Sakura, he would've made the most of his time alone with her. Instead he had her ride together with two other people."

"Okay. You have a point.", Ino conceded "Maybe he really was just… not interested in Sakura, like we assumed. We are at fault."

Ino turned to Sakura and started cuddling her. "I'm sorry Sakura. Please be okay. Don't be sad anymore. Like you said, /you and him/… just weren't meant to be. A guy like that who had way too many chances with you and ended up wasting all of it, don't deserve you. He's not worth it. You deserve better." Ino then started pouting her lips and cooing at her. "Be okay. Pretty please. Please say you're going to be fine. Hm. Hm. Hmmm~"

Sakura chuckled at Ino's actions.

"There it is. That's the smile I'm looking for.", Ino smirked. "Oh Sakura, trust me, someone as pretty and as nice and as smart as you, you're going to find that lucky guy who's meant for you someday. You're going to be happy. Just you wait."

"Y-Yeah. I think it's about time I seriously get over him. This is getting out of hand. I'm so pathetic.", Sakura admitted and took a deep breath. "It's time to move on."

Sai smiled as soon as she was sure that both girls weren't as upset as they were earlier. "I'm going to head out for a bit. You girls need anything you want me to buy? Ice cream perhaps? Chocolate?"

Sakura and Ino giggled.

"Yes please.", Sakura told him.

"That's my boyfriend for you." Ino was proud.

Sai moved away from the door and left the two girls sniggering and teasing one another all while wrapped in each other's hands.

.

.

.

-A Few Months Later-

Sakura came down from the bus and stepped into the pavement. She was wearing a white short sleeved blouse tucked into black midi skirt and a pair of red ankle strap heels. She paused to observe the pink petals as it slowly fell from the cherry blossom trees planted beside the road.

"Forehead!"

Sakura turned to look at Ino who had just arrived as well. Ino was wearing a denim jacket over a white and blue t-shirt dress and a pair of white platform sandals. Behind Ino were Shizune who was wearing a black maternity dress and Tsunade who was wearing a green business cocktail dress.

"Ino. Dr. Shizune. Dr. Tsunade." Sakura adjusted her red shoulder bag as she made a move to join them.

"We just got off work. How's the day off by the way?", wondered Tsunade.

"I got plenty of rest."

"Nice outfit~", Ino remarked. "Are you ready for your date, whoever he is?"

Sakura sighed. "I just hope Kiba's not setting me up with one of his weird friends."

"Well, good luck with that.", said Shizune.

The four women continued on their small banter as they walked towards a store.

.

.

.

"Happy Birthday~!", Tsunade sung as soon as she saw the old woman behind the counter.

"Ah! Tsunade!", the old lady beamed. "Dear me, just look at you… Just how many surgeries have you had up to this point to stay young-looking like that?!"

"Shut up 'Nekobaa'!"

"No one's called me that in years!"

Sakura, Ino and Shizune felt awkward as the two elder women suddenly broke into laughter.

"Tamaki!", the old lady called.

"Granny?", answered her youngest granddaughter as she came running from the other room. "Oh. Hello everyone."

"Tamaki. Escort our guest to the garden will you. I'll join them shortly as soon as your sister comes back from the airport."

"Yes Granny. Come everyone. Right this way." Tamaki asked everyone to follow her.

"You lot go on ahead. I'll stay and wait with this old hag.", said Tsunade.

"Foul mouthed as ever. You can make yourself look young again but you can never do something about that horrible attitude of yours."

Despite the words coming out of their mouths, both woman were obviously happy to see each other and very pleased with each other's company.

.

.

.

Sakura and the others followed Tamaki through the residential area behind the store.

"The other guests are already in the garden.", Tamaki informed them.

Before they know it, they were walking into the garden where a feast had been set up to celebrate the shop owner's birthday.

"You can help yourself with the drinks. As for me, I have to return to the kitchen and finish preparing the main course."

"Tamaki." Another old lady called from the gazebo. "Where's your grandmother? Are we not starting yet?"

"Granny will be with you shortly. She's just waiting for Oneesan. Jun hasn't returned from school yet either."

"I see. Oh. It's Sakura." The old lady recognized her.

"Excuse me." Tamaki made a move to go back into the kitchen.

"Maybe I can help you with something.", Shizune offered then followed her.

"Hello Granny Chiyo. So nice to see you again." Sakura greeted the old lady as they approached the gazebo.

"Sasori. She's here.", Chiyo called someone at the far side of the garden before turning to Ino. "Ah. Ino. Beautiful as always. How have you been?"

"I'm doing great Granny Chiyo." Ino sat beside Chiyo and started chatting with her.

Sakura turned to where Chiyo looked at before and saw Sasori talking with Tamaki's husband.

Sasori and Kiba acknowledge the new arrivals.

Sakura smiled and waved at Sasori who then returned the gesture.

Kiba asked Sasori if he wanted to go back and he nodded so both men and the dog walked towards the gazebo.

"Hey Sakura.", Kiba greeted her as he got close to the gazebo.

"Hi Kiba."

"You ready to meet this guy or what?" Kiba kept walking until he passed her.

Sakura turned on her heel. "He better not be some psycho or I'm punching the daylights out of you."

Kiba shrugged then turned around to raise his hand to her. "Guess you'll just have to see and find out." He then continued on his way back to the house, followed by his dog.

Sakura turned back to Sasori. "Hi. How are you?"

"I'm great. How are You?"

"Doing better. Oh. Naruto sends his regards by the way."

"Really? How's his arm? More importantly… How's he holding up now that he can't erm… return to military service?"

"He's holding up well. He's just really happy he gets to watch his son grow up. He said he's going to try writing books instead. He said he already found someone to help him with his first manuscript."

"Oh. That's good to hear. He's optimistic as ever. A writer huh?"

"Yeah."

"So… you… Want to walk around the garden while we wait?" Sasori raised a hand gesturing for the garden and Sakura got a good look at his wedding ring.

"Sure." Sakura put down her shoulder bag in the chair beside Ino.

.

.

.

Not far from the gazebo, Sakura and Sasori strolled at the wide garden enclosed by massive buildings surrounding the property.

"So you're really going to meet this guy huh?"

"Kiba's been pestering me about it for a while now. I might as well give him a chance."

"Anyway, I'm just happy that you're giving this a chance. You're giving 'yourself' a chance. You deserve to be happy Sakura. Don't give up, Okay?"

Sakura gave Sasori a smile in response.

("Sakura!")

Sakura and Sasori turned to look at Kiba who was waving his hands up in the air enthusiastically.

"You better get ready because my man's on his way!", yelled Kiba.

"I… I… I need to use the restroom."

Sasori chuckled.

"Excuse me."

.

.

.

Sakura stepped out of the restroom and let out a sigh. She then heard faint murmurs so she slowly made her way to the receiving room.

She then saw Kiba talking to a man that Sakura remembered back from High school.

['Wait… Him?']

The tall man who was wearing sunglasses noticed her.

['I was seen.']

"Err…"

Kiba was also alerted of her presence. "Oh. Sakura. Do you remember this guy? He said he knows you from High school."

"Uhm. Yeah. I remember him too. A-Aburame Shino, right? We were in the same graduating class."

The man named Shino nodded to her.

"H-Hi. Nice to see you again."

The silent man adjusted his shades. "Yes. It's nice to see you as well, Haruno."

"So… uhm…"

Kiba picked up on Sakura's wrong assumption. "Oh. Did you think he was- No. It's not him."

Shino looked confused.

"This is not the guy I'm setting you up with. No." Kiba laughed. "He's one of my friends and a regular customer here. He's actually here quite often. You two have been here at the same time before. You just didn't notice him. But that's when he told me that he knew you."

"Oh. O-Okay then…" Sakura blushed. "I-"

Jun suddenly burst into the room. "Is mom here yet?"

"No buddy." Kiba answered the overly excited kid. "But they're well on their way so you better wash up and get ready for dinner before they arrives"

Jun was very eager to comply. "Miss Sakura! Hi!"

"Hi.", she greeted back.

The boy seemed overly happy as he went upstairs to his bedroom.

Sakura then turned to Kiba. "Who is this guy you want me to meet then? Seriously?"

Kiba just shrugged at her in response before leaving her alone to go with his friend.



Sakura wrinkled her forehead.

She then decided to go back to the garden but as she walked by the stairs she slowed down. She just had an idea so she stopped. She looked up and debated within herself. She shook her head and walked away from the stairs only to turn around and quickly ascend to the second floor.

.

.

.

"Jun?", she called before knocking on the boy's bedroom door. "Jun?"

"Yes, Miss Sakura?", the boy asked from inside his room. "Hold on, I'm changing."

"Hi… Err… Sorry to impose on you like this but…" Sakura looked around her to make sure that no one else was around before turning back to the thirteen-year-old boy. "You wouldn't happen to know who this guy Kiba is-"

Sakura fell silent as she stared at the name tag hanging on Jun's door.

'Jun U.'

"What's that?" Jun opened the door and stepped aside to let Sakura into his room.

"I... erm..." Sakura made the most of the boy's hospitality. "The uhm... guy that... By the way Jun, I don't believe I've ever met your father."

"Oh. H-He died."

"I-I'm sorry to hear that. I-"

"That's okay. It was a long time ago. I didn't even get the chance to meet him."

"Oh. that must be- That must've been hard." Sakura crossed her arm and leaned on to the desk.

"Not really. I know everything I need to know about him from the stories my mom told me. Besides, I have that." Jun pointed at the book shelf beside Sakura.

Sakura looked at the particular spot Jun was pointing at and then noticed a very familiar item stashed within Jun's bookshelf.

Her eye's widened as she slowly uncrossed her arms. "C- May I?"

Jun nodded.

She moved closer and pulled out a scrapbook that she remembered, was given to Sasuke by his brother. She mustered the courage to open the first page and felt her knees go weak as she read the exact same dedication that would confirm her hunch. "H-How did you? Where did this?"

"My uncle gave it to me. I only met him personally two years ago though." Jun was very fond of talking about him. "But even before then, he always sent me presents and other stuff. He never misses a birthday or Christmas." Jun gestured to his old toys that were now neatly displayed on a rack. "He visits us often lately. He comes to play with me. But now that I'm getting older we just… 'Hang out' you know… Like big guys.", continued Jun. "He's really cool. He's my best friend… He takes care of me and my mom… He's the dad I never had…" As Jun continued talking Sakura faltered towards the bed and flopped down onto it.

"Miss Sakura?" Jun was suddenly worried for her because she looked troubled.

She had her left hand over her mouth as she tried to lay the scrapbook down on the bed only for it to end up on the floor. The sound of the book making contact on the floor snapped Sakura out of her daze and she quickly got down on the floor to pick it up. "I- I'm sorry. I'll fix it."

"It's okay. Are you alright?" Jun got down on his knees and to help her.

"Y-Yes. I'm sorry." As she was picking up the scrapbook, a bunch of Polaroid pictures fell off. Sakura placed the scrap book on her lap and checked which pages the pictures might've fallen off from but then she realized that all the page covers were properly intact. In fact, there wasn't even a single page that appeared like a photo was taken out of it.

They began gathering the face down pictures and when she took a look at them, she learned that it was mostly of a couple. One of them she recognized as Jun's mother when she was younger. The other was a young man that resembled Sasuke so much.

['Is this… Itachi?']



/"That scrap book is a compilation of the most significant memories Itachi had made. Wonderful places where he had been that he wished Sasuke could've also seen. Locations of significant people that had made a strong impression on him, people that he desired for Sasuke to get the chance to meet as well.

That is a map. A map for Sasuke to follow. It's a… way for him to catch up to his brother. A way for him to see what his brother saw. Experience what he experienced. Appreciate what he appreciated. A way for Sasuke to love life in this world the same way Itachi did even after losing their parents. In a matter of speaking, this was Itachi's way of giving Sasuke a reason to keep on living even though he would leave him as well."/



Sakura lingered at one particular picture. She was easily able to tell that it was taken at Otogakure because the background was the very bar she tended. Not to mention, Orochimaru was captured in that photo. That was the only picture wherein Jun's mother was alone.

"My father took that photo. That's my mom when she was still thirteen.", Jun shared. "They both learned the piano from that man." Jun pointed at Orochimaru. "She told me that he would let them into his bar just so they could play the piano."

"D-did your mom used to... live in Konoha?"

"Yeah. They said they moved here... uhm the same year that picture was taken."

...

/"...Itachi made an impression on my uncle and so he decided to adopt Itachi. And Itachi agreed to the adoption despite knowing that he would have to part with Sasuke, who obviously had to remain here and succeed their parent's businesses instead.

Itachi was then brought to Tokyo where he was raised by my uncle, along with his other adopted son; Shisui… to well become successors..."/

...

['Did he... went after her?']

Sakura finally noticed a pattern. The pictures tell a story. Itachi had first met Jun's mother through Orochimaru. Then they were reunited when he moved to Tokyo. It was obvious how they were gradually becoming close with each picture. They started as friends who were only hanging out together but they eventually fell in love and became a couple. Each picture was taken at every stop Sasuke was supposed to visit on his journey.

['These pictures… were the pieces.']



/"It is also a game in a way that, for every location specified in that book, Itachi has left a piece of himself. Those pieces are like a puzzle…"/



Then Sakura came across the last picture. It was the only picture that was not taken in any of the places featured in the scrapbook. The picture was taken in front of the very building she was in right now.

['This was supposed to be his last destination.']

Sakura then noticed that in that picture, Jun's mother was at least fourteen weeks pregnant.

['It's Jun.']



/"If Sasuke completes the journey, he gets all the pieces and it reveals a location where he would find what Itachi had left behind for him…"/



/"The day Itachi left Konoha, he promise Sasuke that he'll only be gone for a short while and when he returns, they would play again together. But by then, Sasuke already knew too well that Itachi was lying. … That is why Itachi worked so hard to put this together for Sasuke. To make it up to him and to fulfil his last promise to him."/



/"He comes to play with me."/



Sakura couldn't explain it but for some reason she felt relieved. "He did get to complete his journey. I… I'm so glad. I'm so glad. I'm so happy for him." Sakura felt like she could breathe again for the first time after being suffocated by her guilt for a very long time.

"Hmm, you know about the journey? Did mom tell you how my uncle and I followed this map?"

"The both of you did?"

"Yes."

"When he gave this to you?"

"No. I was only four or five when he gave this to my mother. It was before he moved to another country."

"Before?"

['But I saw it... It was there when I...']

...

/"Come on in. It has its own bathroom but it's joined to the next room. It was Itachi's but I heard that Sasuke often used it whenever Naruto came here for a sleepover."/

/"You haven't cleared this room yet?"/

/"No. Not yet."/

...

/"Sasuke-kun really was a wonderful person. He was so kind. So beautiful and captivating. I love him so much. I really, really love him. The truth is that even after everything he said to me I still do. And I'll probably love him for a little longer too… Please tell him that… I'm really glad I fell in love with him."/

/"He knows."/

...

['He was there. He was still there.']

...

/"I… I'm sorry did I wake you up with that alarm?"/

/"No. I'm usually up at this time. Obito has also left hours ago."/

...

("Jun!")

"It's Okaasan!" Jun beamed. "Miss Sakura, they're here. He's here. My uncle's here!"

Jun ran out of the room leaving Sakura, who was still frozen in place.

.

.

.
Sign up to rate and review this story