Categories > Original > Drama > Burning Regret

Carol's Death

by JadeHathawy 0 reviews

The Angel queen brakes the number 1 rule with the Vampire King. They are to be killed, along with the child they have made.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-10-29 - Updated: 2017-10-29 - 993 words

0Unrated
A sigh escaped my lips as I stared at the group of people seated around me. I'm at a meeting, with the Counsel of Angels, about the disappearance of the queen, Carol. Rumors have spread that she was having an affair with the Vampire King, Lucifer. My brother, Oxlicon, was seated to my right. We were waiting for a messenger to come back with news on the queen's whereabouts. "When we find her, what shall we do?" One of the angels' spoke up, breaking the silence. He was an older looking man. Wrinkles covered his face and his purple eyes looked sunken in. He had dark blue hair that was always tied up. "We can't let her go off unpunished, even if she is the queen. She has broken the law!" He continued, waving his bony finger as he looked between all of us.



"What is done with her is going to be left up to the king." Oxlicon answered, directing his gaze to the king, who has been silent for the past half-hour. He kept his gaze down at his hands but still listened to what we had to say.



Suddenly, the doors burst open, Theorik came running in, a fake sorrowful look plastered on his face. We all turned our attention to him, eagerly awaiting the news. "Sir, we found the queen." He bowed, showing respect before continuing. "It appears the rumors are true. She is with Lucifer and they have had a child." I looked at the king only to see his face turn red from anger."I want her dead! Kill that damn treacherous bitch!" He yelled. "I want no traces of her body nor that babies!"



A sickening smirk found its way on Theorik's face. "Yes, your Majesty." With that, the meeting was over and we had all left.



~A few minutes later~



"Honestly, I never thought that the queen would do such an unlawful thing. I thought she loved the king." Oxlicon looked over at me. I ran a hand through my hair, glancing at the sky.



"This just comes to show how little we really know about people. I agree with you, I thought she loved him as well. I can't say I agree with the king's plan to kill the child though." The thought of it made me feel a little sick. But what he says goes, we have no say so what's so ever.



"True. Do you think he will cancel the upcoming yearly ball from this?"



"Most likely not. Knowing him, he will pretend like this was nothing and just shrug it off. I only hope that they choose to kill her where she is instead of bringing her to the kind to have him do it. If that were to happen, we can be certain that he will make her death slow and painful."Once we neared my house, the ground underneath us shook and ahead, on the other side of a nearby village, I could see large, bright flames. "What on earth is happening over there!?" Oxlicon looked at me, eyes widened. "Should we go and check it out!?" I grabbed his wrist as he started to go in the direction of the explosion.



"Leave it be. It concerns us not. On another note, how long are you planning on staying with me?" I pulled him towards the house. Hesitantly, he followed.



"Not much longer. I am planning on leaving by the end of this week. Won't you miss me?" He smirked and playfully shoved me.



"Of course not. I'll actually have some peace and quiet." I chuckled lightly upon seeing him pout.



~A week later~



Word has already spread of the death of the Queen. Apparently, the king hasn't talked to anyone afterward. Today is the day that my brother finally leaves to go and live off on his own. I was hoping he would be gone by now but it's already almost noon and he is still asleep in his room. It really annoys me. I get up from my comfortable spot by the window and start to head down the hall and towards his room. I throw open his door to see him still laying in bed, still balled up in his blanket. "GET THE HELL UP!!!"



He quickly jumps up and falls off the other side, groaning. "What the heck?" He sat up and looked at me sleepily for a few minutes before realization washed over him. "What time is it!?" He jumped up and ran to the closet.



I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "Almost noon. Why were you still sleeping?" I leaned against the wall and watched him frantically trying to get his things together.



"Well... I couldn't really sleep because I was kinda excited." He looked at me with a slight smile."Whatever, just hurry up and go." I waved him off and walked out of the door, with him quickly following behind me.



"I thought you would be sad to have me leave."



I opened the door and stood to the side, leaving enough room for him to exit. "Not really. Goodbye. Have fun. Don't die. And all that stuff." I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed he was leaving but he couldn't stay with me forever. I am sure he will do good on his own.He chuckled and gave me a quick hug before walking out. "Try not to miss me too much, okay? Remember to write me as well." Without a moment's hesitation, and closed the door before he could continue and end up having to stay for another night from it getting so late. I waited by the door to hear him grumble slightly by my actions but then his retreating footsteps. It wasn't until then that I realized how eerie quietness could be. Suddenly, the house felt bigger than before. I guess it's just something I'll have to get used to.
Sign up to rate and review this story