Categories > Original > Drama > Burning Regret

Pathetic

by JadeHathawy 0 reviews

The council argues over the lost child and Oramis has a run in with the Vampire King. What will he do?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2017-10-29 - 728 words

0Unrated
"We still haven't found the child! What are we to do about this!?" I look between the council as they argue. "If we don't find her soon, who knows what could happen!" Páthos yelled. He looked fairly young but he was a 582-year-old angel. He had light lime green hair that fell to his hips and brown eyes. I always found his appearance quite interesting.

"I say we check every village around. We can find the child that way, right?" Mantiq surveyed everyone's stares. "What? Bad idea?"

"Not exactly. The way you would approach that though would take too long." I finally spoke up. "What if we put up notices instead? Maybe have a few of our soldiers keep an eye out in local areas as well. Do we know what the child looks like?" The sudden silence annoyed me. "You're telling me no one even knows what the child looks like!? Then how in the world do you expect us to find it!?" I swear, these people can be so stupid sometimes. I figured they had already known what the child looked like.

"Why isn't the king here?" Lepota tilted her head. She was the only woman in the council.

"He's still locked up in his room." Páthos shook his head in disapproval. "Let's just continue this another time, when he is here so we can get his input." With that, everyone got up. As I walked to the door, Oxlicon grabbed my arm.

"You haven't said anything to me." He sighed.

"I have nothing to say. Now if you don't mind, I have some things that need to be done." I pulled my arm away but he stood in front of me.

"What's eating you?"

Does he not realize I don't want to talk!? "Nothing. Now move." I'm trying to stay calm but he is really getting on my nerves.

".... is it because of the child?" He stepped back but wouldn't leave me alone.

"No. I said I have work to take care of now move." I pushed him out of the way and started walking out of the castle. Luckily, he didn't follow.

~a few minutes later~

I looked around the charred forest where the explosion took place a few weeks ago. There was no sign of life around. I flinch as a large black feather danced in the air ahead of me. I grab it. Looks like an angel's wing... a fallen angel now. I guess someone has gotten kicked out from Heaven once again. I let it go and watch it continue its fall towards the ground. I continue walking around, trying to find any hidden signs of life what's so ever, but sadly fail. It worries... what could the army use to create this much destruction? No one could ask Theorik about the events since once he got back, he passed out. He was covered in injuries and no one else came back with him.

I turn around upon hearing the burnt ground crackle underneath me. "Lucifer?" The words slipped out of my mouth in a whisper. What was he doing here? His eyes seemed to have become duller and he looked horrible. "What.... Why are you here?"

"They killed her.... Those damn angels killed Carol..." As he walked closer, I could see dried tear stains on his face along with small cuts. "Please, I know you're with the angels... please kill me." He dropped to his knees and cried into his hands. Honestly, he looked very pathetic. The Vampire King was crying in front of an enemy. But why did I feel sympathy for him?

"I won't kill you." I glared down at his hunched form as he looked up at me, surprise written all over his face. "You should suffer. Because of this act, a wonderful queen has been killed and soon, her daughter will too. You don't have the right to feel sorry for yourself." I saw him flinch as my words pierced through him. I started walking away until I felt his hand grab my leg.

"No, please!" He looked down, his hair covering his face. "I can't show my face around anymore... I'm better off dead."

I pulled his hand off of my leg and continued to walk away, ignoring his pleas from behind me. That damn bastard needs to suffer. He deserves to suffer.
Sign up to rate and review this story