Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Pale Blue Eyes Shut

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki chases down the last soul and convinces her to go back into the book.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-11-06 - 487 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Pale Blue Eyes Shut:

She hopped from place to place. Tsuzuki won't give up though.

"Come back here!" he shouted. She didn't even look back.

"Go away!" she yelled. "Why can't you leave me alone?" She closed her eyes and sped up. Suddenly, there were no footsteps behind her. She listened around her.

Where did you go? I won't fall for any tricks you pull! Come out and show yourself! She held her breath.

I don't like this…

She stopped when a hand grabbed her. She whipped her head around. Tsuzuki panted as he tightened his grip.

"Got you," he said at last. She panicked and shook her head.

"You can't take me now," she said. "They need me."

"You are killing them?" Tsuzuki said. "Don't you see that?"

"No! I'm saving them from themselves! Their pain makes me weep for them. I just want to comfort them."

"Don't you understand? You aren't helping them. Death will not fix their problems! You are tearing them away from the people that care about them! This is what makes you a high-risk soul!"

Her empty eyes widened. "High-risk… soul?"

"Yes. Haven't you noticed everyone dying around you?" Tsuzuki asked.

"They all died?" she asked. "I killed them?"

"Yes," the shinigami said. "You didn't mean to, but you can't stay in this world any longer." She looked on the empty streets of Shinjuku. Wailing circled her ears. When did that happen? No, she knew the answer to her own question. Maybe she knew all along. Her nature blinded her from the truth. Tears streamed down her hollow cheeks.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm so sorry."

"I understand," Tsuzuki said. "You have to go back now." She shook her head.

"No," she said.

"Please?" he asked.

"But they need me."

"You'll kill them if stay."

"But…"

"I'm sorry too. But this is the only true way to help them."

She sniffled with big empty eyes. "Do you promise?"

"Yes," the shinigami said. He pulled out Christine's book. "I am so sorry too." She bowed her head.

"I understand," she said at last. "Goodbye."

"Goodbye," Tsuzuki said back. She closed her eyes as hear body began to glow. The wailing stopped. For the first time in forever, she felt peace.

"Goodbye, children," she whispered. And then she disappeared.

Mission Over

Tsuzuki returned to the subway station. The young woman leaned against the wall, sound asleep. Hisoka rose to his feet.

"Did you get her?" he asked.

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. "How is the girl?"

"Fine," his partner said. "Ready to go?"

"Yes," the older shinigami said. Both of them vanished with Christine's book

-8:00 a.m.-

The young woman awoke in the subway station and looked around. She blinked a couple of times.

"What am I doing out here?" she asked. "Weird…" She stood up and walked away.

The young woman went on to live a long and fruitful life.
Sign up to rate and review this story