Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Worn Down and Tired Eyes

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The mission is complete, but Tsuzuki feels broken down and numb inside.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-12-23 - 481 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty: Worn Down and Tired Eyes:

The boys met the deadline. Tsuzuki felt numb during the whole day. His mind wandered elsewhere in and out.

"Thank you," Christine said. "You have saved my job."

"What happens to Miki-san now?" Hisoka asked.

"I don't know," she said. "She'll probably be disciplined."

"I understand," Hisoka said. He nudged Tsuzuki in the side. The older shinigami lifted his head.

"Oh, good luck with work," he said. Tsuzuki turned and walked away. Christine tilted her head.

"What's with him?" she asked. Hisoka shook his head. Tsuzuki kept his eyes lowered.

"I'm home," Tsuzuki murmured when he came home.

"Welcome home," Anna said. She saw the tired look on her husband's face.

"Babe, what's the matter?" Anna asked. The shinigami looked ready to cry. He walked over and pulled his wife into his arms. He rested his head to her chest.

"Babe?" Anna asked.

"Let me stay like this," he said.

"What?" she asked. The shinigami lifted his head.

"This job's been hard on me. I just… I just need this." Tears began to form in his eyes. Anna could feel a stinging pain in her heart.

"Okay. Uh… Why don't we sit down for a bit? Could you please let go?" she said.

"No!"

"No?"

"You sure?"

Tsuzuki nodded against her chest. Anna tried to think of something to say but closed her mouth.

"Alright," she said. Anna had to slowly walk backwards to the living room, dragging Tsuzuki with her. When she sat down, he had to climb into her lap.

"That's better, his wife said. Tsuzuki sighed.

"It took all of it out of me," he said. "I should be used to it now, but I'm not. It hurts. It never stops hurting." Tsuzuki lowered his head.

"I even had to take children this time. All the while, I thought of you and Kirika-chan." Anna gently ran her fingers through his hair.

"It's okay," she whispered. Not much, but she couldn't say anything to him. Down the hall, Kirika-chan began to cry.

"The baby's crying," Anna whispered. "Do you want us to see her together?" Tsuzuki nodded once.

"Alright, but you have to get up," she said.

"Do I have to?" he asked.

"Yes," she said. "We have to tend to the child. I'll let you lay on me when we get back. We'll hold hands on the way there. Please get up."

"Okay…" he said. The shinigami climbed off of Anna. She took him by the hand and led him down the hand to the baby's room.

"Anna-chan," Tsuzuki spoke up.

"Uh-hm?" his wife asked.

"Can we have Kirika-chan out in the living room with us?" he asked. Anna looked over her shoulder.

"You sure?" she asked.

"Yeah," the shinigami said.

"Alright, we can do that," she said.

"Thank you," Tsuzuki said. The couple made it to the baby's room.

Owari
Sign up to rate and review this story