Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Other Option

Expecting

by LoveZeDemonz 0 reviews

With Harry now with his new family, how will they feel when the young boy begins to feel lonely?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-11-11 - Updated: 2017-11-14 - 1362 words

1Insightful
The next couple weeks weren't easy. At first all my nephew seemed to do was cry for his parents, then when he wasn't doing that, he was fussing over something else I couldn't give him and it simply broke my heart. Then when I looked at the Daily Prophet, about ten days later, the first two things I saw were a 10,000 galleon reward for the capture of Sirius Orion Black and a 25,000 galleon reward to anyone who knows anything as to the whereabouts of Harry James Potter.

"So they've finally noticed he's missing," said Zander looking over my shoulder at the newspaper.

Setting down the newspaper, I began trying to feed a very fussy Harry. "Come on Harry eat, it's yummy." I said trying to get Harry to eat his breakfast. But the dark haired boy just shook his head, swating at the spoon.

"NO UMMY! NO EAT!"

"Man, I give up, Sirius you come feed him." I said after a few more useless attempts of trying to get Harry to eat, only to get food thrown at me and now glaring at the spoon in my hand, I stood.

Sirius, who was sitting on the other side of Harry, grinned. "I think he wants to feed himself." he said chuckling.

"After yesterday, hell no." I said remembering the events of last nights dinner.

"Aw, come on Rosie give him one more chance." said Zander smiling.

"Yeah and you can't feed him forever." agreed Xayla, as she entered the room.

"Alright," I sighed, taking Harry's hand and giving him the spoon. "I-" I stopped speaking abruptly, and clapped my hands to my mouth. Standing up I walked quickly into the bathroom. As soon as I reached the loo, I began to throw up.

"Rose!" exclaimed Zander rushing into the bathroom. He helped me sit comfortably next to the toilet, just in case I started throwing up again. Grabbing a hair tie off the counter top, Zander helped me tie back my wavy strawberry blonde hair.

"Are you Alright?" Xayla asked walking into the room.

I could only nod, because I knew for sure that I wasn't sick. "Zander." I said weakly.

"What is it sweetie?" he responded gently, running his fingers through my pony tail.

"I think I know why I just- um..."

"Regurgitated your breakfast?" My sister-in-law offered and I nodded.

I was so scared, I had been wondering for awhile now- Because I was late, I had just assumed that I was simply stressed because of Lily's death- I honestly had no clue as to how he would react. We've never really discussed this.

"Why?" he asked, glancing from me to his sister, now suspicious.

"I- I think I'm pregnant." I said watching him carefully to see what his reaction would be.

"How do you know?" Zander asked, excitement evident in his voice.

"Well I've been having stomach pains, I haven't had my period this month and I just now threw up, it's obvious isn't it?" I asked excitedly, seeing Zander excited was making me excited.

"But wait," Xayla said suddenly "Rose, it's not like you can go to a hospital or anything, everyone thinks your dead."

Oh, yeah" I said softly, in my excitement, I almost forgot about that.

When I was about twenty five there was a death eater raid in the town where I'd been living. Loads of people had died and in the end so many had passed away that I was able to disappear and be proclaimed dead. I've been supposedly "dead" for three years now. This of course makes the whole situation with Harry better because, who would suspect a dead women of taking and raising Harry. The only reason I faked my death was because being related to Lily in the wizarding world was becoming rather dangerous. Lily was actually the one who told me it would be safer if I did so.

"We can have a home birth," said Zander not letting the fact that I'm supposed to be dead ruin his excitement.

"What's going on?" Sirius asked, walking into the room, Harry in his arms.

"Zander and Rose are going to be a mum and a dad!" Xayla squealed.

"Really?" Sirius asked excitedly. Harry seeing everyone else getting excited, started bouncing, laughing and clapping his hands.

"Yeah, I'll make a great mum." Zander laughed, having registered Xayla mixing up her word order.

The next few months passed very slowly, and it seemed to me as if nine millennia was slowly crawling by as apposed to the nine months I was being forced to wait. Despite my impatience however, I did manage to find ways of tracking time in a more creative way. I would often find that I enjoyed examining myself, in body and in mind.

My morning sickness became more and more frequent, then began to slow as my stomach had also started to grow out more, and this made it hard to bend over and for someone like me, that became a real problem real quick, because I was one who prided myself on a perfectly clean and pristine home which I maintained myself with occasional help from my husband and his sister and without this, I found that even with all my rest, I was becoming more, well... restless.

Harry wasn't helping anything either because for reasons completely unknown to me, he'd become even fussier then ever lately and so in response, I sent Zander to a muggle store to buy a television which in the end seemed to brighten everyones mood.

"Annie Wosie" Harry called as he ran into the room and jumped into my lap.

"What is it Harry?" I asked shifting him so he wasn't putting too much pressure on my stomach.

"Me Wan bwuder!" he demanded in what he clearly thought was a big boy voice.

"Wait what." I asked startled by the utterly random demand.

"I think he said he wants a brother." Came Sirius' voice as he walked into the room, a smirk on his face.

"Oh, Harry but your about to be getting a new baby cousin." I said gently.

"WAN BWUDER WAN BWUDWER! Harry was screaming at the top of his lungs.

I looked at Sirius, who walked over picked Harry up and screamed "WHY!"

"Wait, Sirius what are you doing?" I asked startled. The dark haired man just gave me a look that said to go with it.

Harry smiled up at Sirius and said, "Cus, I wan a bwuder best fend." The small boy said.

Sirius looked at him and grinned "We'll see What we Can do."

That night, after putting Harry to bed, Sirius and I talked to Zander and Xayla to see what they think "Well," said Xayla "I don't know about you guys but I like the sound of other little kids running around in here."

Sirius nodded "I agree, and it would be good for Harry to have other kids, his own age to play with. I mean it's not like we can take him to play at a park. The ministry even has the muggles looking for him."

I looked at Zander, who nodded slightly. "Alright we'll adopt One boy and since I'm having a baby soon he or she won't be that much younger so I think that should be fine right?" He asked and we all agreed.

"So that's it?" I asked and everyone was just about to nod in agreement when Sirius suddenly looked at all of us, a strange look on his face, as if something serious had just occurred to him.

"What is it Sir?" I asked and after a moment, he said.

"I think I know the subconscious reason why Harry wants a brother."

"Because he's lonely?" Xayla tried in a sarcastic attempt at humor but nobody laughed as the light eyed Black whispered.

"Did you know that Lily was pregnant when she died and I think Harry could feel it."

Dead silence remained in the room, even as everyone set off for bed, all of us thinking the same thing as we drifted off into our minds, What the bloody hell am I getting myself into?
Sign up to rate and review this story