Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Other Option

The Orphanage

by LoveZeDemonz 1 review

Rose sets out to grow her family.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2017-11-17 - 1154 words

0Unrated
We all woke bright and early the next morning.

Harry was already awake and bouncing on his bed when I went into his bedroom to wake him up "Oh, your already awake." I said smiling at him as I walked into his room.

"Hi Annie Wosie," he said, stopping his bouncing.

"Come on Harry, it's time to get ready to go." I said picking him up and carrying him into the bathroom. I dressed him in a pair of tan kakis, a blue and white sweater vest and his favorite pair of shoes that light up every time he takes a step. As I watched him happily shift from bone foot to the other, watching his shoes light up, I couldn't help but dwell on what Sirius had said the night before. When she'd died- No! when she'd been murdered, Lily had been expecting a child, as I am now. Had it been a boy or a girl? What had she been planning to name it? How far along was she?

I sighed heavily and shook my head as the small green eyed Potter now tugged at me to take him downstairs, it was breakfast time now and obviously he was hungry, so picking the boy up, I poked him in his stomach, causing him to giggle and carried him downstairs, deciding to put Lily out of my mind as I did. When I brought Harry into the kitchen, Sirius used his wand to temporarily turn Harrys' hair light sandy blond and his eyes blue, he also put a charm on him that would cover up the scar on his forehead. Then turning his wand on himself, all Sirius did to was turn his hair light sandy blond and he turned my eyes from dark teal to light brown and my hair dark brown. Xayla and Zander didn't have to change their appearances because they are not supposed to be dead, nor are they wanted for one reason or another.

Right after our morning meal, we were heading out and the first orphanages we went to were all no help then finally, we came to one called Sunny Days and the second I walked into the building, I was filled with a sense of sadness. The walls were all covered in the same color grey peeling paint, and as we walked, all the kids that I did see on my way to headmistress' office, were all wearing the same grey outfits.

"Hello," said the stern looking headmistress as we knocked and entered her office.

"Hello," we all said in unison before introducing ourselves one by one.

"My names Ms. Sten." She began with a smile toward me, then with questioning look in her eyes, she asked, "Are you here to adopt?"

"Yes, actually we want to adopt one." I replied politely and the woman nodded.

"A Boy or a Girl and what age group?" she asked opening up one of her desk drawers and pulling out a small stack of papers.

"Well," I began thoughtfully, "We want a boy between the age of six months and two years." I said with a smile.

Still smiling, she asked, "Why are you adopting?"

I smiled, picking up Harry and sitting him on my lap so he was facing the headmistress' seated at her desk, I said, "This is my son James and he really wants a brother. I told him no at first because I thought I was going to be having a boy, but when I went to the doctor they told me I would be having a girl." I said lying about Harrys' name, him being my son, and me knowing about the gender of my baby. Truth be told Zander and I don't want to know the gender of our baby until it is born, not to mention I can't go to the doctor, I've been taking care of myself and learning the dos and don'ts from reading about everything.

"Alright," she said standing up, "I'll show you what we have." Following her out of the room we walked down a long gray hallway. We turned left and entered a room about halfway down another hallway. The room was a light gray color, about thirty cribs were in the center of the room and maybe fifteen beds were lined up against three of the four walls. "Please do try not to wake them, they're napping." cautioned the headmistress quietly.

Suddenly a boy of about two years, began to whimper from one of the beds. He had light sandy blond hair and when he opened them, I saw dark forest green eyes.

"Oh, Henry please don't cry!" exclaimed the headmistress in a whisper, walking over to the boy and picking him up.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked walking up behind the headmistress.

"Well, about three months ago, before little Henry came to this orphanage. Henrys' father had already been a bad drunk but it got worse when Henrys' mother died giving birth to Henrys' little brother." here she gestured at one of the cribs. "He began to beat Henry." My eyes widened as I held Harry closer to me. How could anyone do something like that to a child.

"How old is he and his brother and what is his brothers name?" I asked, I was originally only going to adopt one, but if I take Henry, I am not going to separate Henry from his brother and I already knew that I did want the forest green eyed child. I could feel it within me, the love I could give and receive from this child, I wanted him as my son and as soon as possible.

"Henry will be two on July 31st." began the headmistress.

"Hey!" cut in Harry. "Dats my birfday." Henry looked at Harry a small smile appearing on his face.

"We gots de same birfday?" Henry asked quietly.

"Yes, you do." I said smiling at Henry, then turning to the headmistress I asked "What about his brother."

"Well," she began, "Little Samuel is two months old and will turn 1 year on January 1st. I looked at Zander, Xayla and Sirius, who all nodded.

Turning back to the headmistress I asked "May I see Little Samuel?"

Walking over to the crib she pointed at earlier, she picked up 1 of the most beautiful babies I had ever seen. He has little tufts of golden blond hair, and dark deep royal blue eyes.

I smiled and asked, "May I hold him?" she nodded and held him out to me. Putting Harry down next to Henry. I took little Samuel into my arms and smiled. "Hello, Sam "I'm going to be your new mummy."

"So you'll be adopting Samuel?" The headmistress asked and I thought for a moment before smiling.

"I'm going to adopt him and Henry." I told her and the headmistress nodded.

"Are you certain?" She asked and I nodded.
Sign up to rate and review this story