Categories > Games > Pokemon > (Ferriswheelshipping) Awakened Emotions

Chapter 23

by eremika0000 0 reviews

Chapter 23 of Awakened Emotions!

Category: Pokemon - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-11-13 - 2173 words

0Unrated
Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter! I hope everyone is enjoying so far, so without further ado… The new chapter!/]

After White had drifted off into sleep, N didn't know what to do. He had to stay with her, especially while she was asleep, since she could be attacked by an animal or some sorts on the tropical island. He was also afraid of leaving her because of her wound. For now, his sweater he had given to her was sopping up most of the blood from her injured arm, but he feared it might become infected and she would break out into a bad fever.

However, N knew that they also needed supplies. It had already been a while since they had eaten, and N was feeling terribly thirsty in the tropical heat. He knew White was probably feeling the same too. However, he didn't want to leave her alone. And so they were left there in the blazing sun, laying along the sands of the beach, waiting for Steven to hopefully return with supplies.

N lay there with White for a long time, keeping close monitor over her situation. However, he began to lose track of time as the sweltering heat began to make him dizzy and sick to his stomach. He found himself staring desperately into the jungle, hoping Steven would soon emerge with water and perhaps some yummy tropical fruits. He felt as if he was going to pass out any minute, and he knew that he and White wouldn't last too long in the horrible tropical heat. Although N could probably pick up White and take them to the shade in the jungle, he was afraid of going in the jungle in case of a wild animal attack, especially with an unconscious White. He hardly felt safe on the shoreline, even when the jungle was so far away. N hopes to himself that Steven was alright and was going to return with some much needed supplies.

His throat burned with thirst, and he didn't know how much longer he could stand the conditions. White didn't seem much better. Even in her sleep, her face was scrunched up in pain from her injury, and she seemed to be becoming sunburned already. Her cheeks were overly flushed and sweat was dripping down her forehead. In an attempt to soothe her conditions, N gently leans over her in hopes that his shadow might offer her some freedom from the sun's rays. He stays like that for a while, laying his head upon her chest. It was unbelievably comfortable to him, and a small grin works its way upon his face despite the horrible conditions he was in. Her chest was just like a soft pillow, and he found it hard to stay awake any longer. His dehydration was blurring his vision, and he could hardly even think straight anymore. Eventually, with the heat continuing to boil down upon him, he finds his conscious slipping away from him as he falls into a deep and fitful slumber, still clutching onto White's chest in an attempt for a little comfort in the awful heat.

[/Later…


N awakes with a horrible parched feeling throughout his entire body. His body felt sore and overheated, and his throat felt scratchy and painful. He slowly sits up with a groan, not knowing where he was. His vision was cloudy, and it took him a few moments for him to remember where he was. It appeared to be very early morning, with the sun just starting to rise. It also appeared that he was still in the middle of the sand between the jungle and shoreline. As his mind snaps awake fully, he quickly looks around for White. He is relieved to see that she was sleeping soundly only a few inches away from him, curled up in a ball in the sand. He worriedly leans over her sleeping form and presses a hand to her forehead, making sure she hadn't broke out in a fever from her possibly infected wound. A smile grows upon his face as her head feels a bit warm, but not unnaturally so. It would be very bad if her wound got infected, since they had no medical supplies, but luckily, that was not the case. Even so, he still felt horrible that she had to be put in such a situation.

He looks around himself further, noticing a very beat up looking Steven sleeping a few feet away from them. He looked awful. His silver hair was tangled and dirty, and he had various gashes that appeared to be from branches across his body. N looks around Steven, hoping to see that he had found supplies for them, but was incredibly crestfallen to see that it appeared Steven didn't bring anything back. He lets out a frustrated growl under his breath as he realizes that they probably wouldn't be finding anything edible any time soon. He wanted food and water. He needed it. And not to mention, White needed it even more.

From N's distressed noise, Steven stirs in his slumber, murmuring something unintelligible and falling silent for a few moments before his eyes open. His silver eyes seem bloodshot and stressed. Their gazes meet for a few moments, and Steven slowly rises to his feet with an exhausted sigh, dusting the sand off his tattered suit. "I'm sorry… I wasn't able to find anything. When I came back here, you two were sleeping. I was very exhausted, and I ended up passing out not too long after I found you guys again." Steven looks down at his sandy shoes, ashamed that he was unable to find anything for their group, but also terrified at their lack of supplies.

Although N was frustrated in general, he knew it wasn't Steven's fault that the island didn't have much to offer. "It's okay… We can look later on as soon as White wakes up. If we both went out looking for food, we would have a better chance of surviving… But I don't want to leave White here alone… I don't think she will be able to go out in the jungle with her arm injury. Yesterday she could hardly even move because of the blood loss. I doubt she will even be able to move much once she wakes up. We need to find her water first. I'm so worried about her..." N looks over to White, a concerned frown upon his face. As she slept, her face seemed to be in pain, with her features scrunched up. Her injured arm was wrapped up in his black sweater, and the large amount of dried blood was visible even on the dark color.

"I'm worried too..." Steven murmurs. "But I really need help searching for supplies. If we don't find some soon, we are all screwed. I spent all yesterday looking, but I couldn't find anything. We might be able to save ourselves for now if we both look, but I also don't want to leave White here..." He strokes his chin in thought and then lets out a big displeased sigh. "I really don't want to do this, but if we all want to survive, we are going to have to leave White here to look for food and water. If we don't find anything soon, we'll probably die of dehydration first. I'm already feeling terrible in this weather..."

N nods in response, though not liking the situation one bit. It was a hard decision for him. He knew White wasn't in any condition to be moving around, and he didn't want to leave White behind, since there was a possibility that some sort of wild animal would attack her. But he also knew that if they didn't find supplies, they would definitely all perish. Steven needed all the help looking that he could get.

"Alright…. I'll look with you." N says, an upset look upon his face. The whole situation was just plain awful, and all he really felt like was curling up and crying next to White, but he knew they needed food and water.

So the pair waited patiently for White to awaken. They didn't want to wake her, since she needed her sleep. They also did want to leave without telling her first. It was completely silent around them other than the gentle swishing of the ocean waves upon the sandy shore. The sun had finally finished rising, and the tropical birds begin to chirp in unison.

As if on cue, White awakes from her painful slumber. Her body twitches in discomfort, the pain of her arm already returning. She groans as she slowly sits up, her sore body protesting every movement. As she moves her arms a bit in an attempt to stretch her arms and yawn, she feels a horrible stabbing pain from her injured arm. She whimpers in pain, cradling the injured limb with an upset look as she remembers the crappy situation they were in. Her blue eyes open, and she meets Steven and N's gazes. It was a bit startling to awake to two people staring to intently at you, and she felt awkward.

"Um… Good morning… Did you guys find any supplies?" She hesitantly asks, as her stomach grumbles in response. Her throat felt horrible and scratchy, and her vision was blotchy and blurry. She was desperately praying to herself that they had found water at least, but after surveying the area around them, it didn't seem to be the case.

Steven hangs his head in shame, disappointed in himself. "I'm sorry White…I didn't find anything yesterday. We all really need supplies, so I thought N should join me today so that we can find some. I know you're not in any condition to move around, so will you be okay staying here while we look around in the jungle?"

White lowers her gaze to the ground, not liking the idea of being left alone, especially when she could hardly move. N notices her look of fear, and he quickly chimes in. "But I can stay behind with you if you want!"

Steven elbows N in the arm. "N, we went over this already. It's a life or death situation. I need your help to find supplies. I don't want to leave White here either, but it's the best option to make sure that we all survive this."

White plasters on a fake smile, trying to reassure the men that she would be fine alone while they were gone, even though she was terrified on the inside. "Yea… You guys need to look. Don't worry about me, I'll just stay here."

Her words seemed to have fooled Steven, but not N. N reaches over to her, gently caressing her hand in a comforting way. He knew she didn't want to be alone, but he also knew she wouldn't last long without supplies. Doing this to her, leaving her all alone, it was tearing him apart on the inside. But, it was necessary for her survival, as well as his own. "I'm sorry." N murmurs, squeezing her palm in an attempt to soothe her. Steven watches the intimate exchange with an uncomfortable expression, but he doesn't say anything.

Not only was White scared to be left behind, but she also felt guilty. She would be stuck sitting around while Steven and N were doing hard work searching around in the incredibly hot jungle. She wanted to help too, but she didn't know how. "Guys… Is there anything I can do here to help us out?" She hesitantly asks, shuffling her hand around in the sand as she waits for a response.

An idea comes to N. "If the ship isn't gonna find us anytime soon, we need another way to get back to it. Maybe you should try to befriend some nearby Pokemon? They might be able to help us swim back. Or perhaps a flying Pokemon. However, I haven't seen any so far..." N is again reminded of how easily their situation could have been turned around if they had only brought their Pokemon. They had left their Pokeballs on the ship.

"Okay… Thank you." White murmurs. "Don't worry about me guys, go searching now. We need the supplies as soon as we can."

Steven nods, turning and heading towards the jungle. N follows behind, but stops briefly to look back at White. She looked so lonely, sitting there alone along the shorelines. She looks over to him, and their gazes meet.

"Please be careful." N calls to her. He hated to leave her, but it was necessary for their survival.

White simply nods, giving him a half hearted smile. Her arms were shaking, and she felt a bit sick.

The men head off into the unknown, and White stays behind, alone and injured, not knowing what was going to happen next.

Cliffhanger… Hehe. I hope you guys enjoyed this one. Please leave a comment or review, it means a lot!
Sign up to rate and review this story