Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter: New beginnings

Prologue

by SethBlade 1 review

Harry Potter has lost everything in the war, but what happens when he is given another chance? A H/HrTime Travel fiction

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Draco, Dumbledore, Fleur, Flitwick, Fudge, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Moody, Neville, Peter, Poppy Pomfrey, Professor McGonagall, Quirinus Quirrell, Ron, Sirius, Snape, Umbridge, Voldemort - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-14 - Updated: 2006-09-14 - 1614 words

3Exciting
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, I own nothing, and you can't sue me!

Chapter One:
Deciding my path. Transformations. Light.
------------------------
Harry Potter sulked in his room sourly, hoping to whatever force there was to help him, he sat on his bed and scowled darkly at a cracking sound, he shook his head "bloody Order of the Phoenix" he sighed and stood up to pace the room.
Looking around, he found that he had much more books than he had before, some were organised and some were littering his desk, he frowned and looked at the books that were near his trunk when he saw a letter standing on the top of his trunk, he picked it up and looked at it closely "what the hell?" he muttered when he saw a wax seal of a serpent circling a wing hilted sword of silver, the wax a pure black, he opened the letter cautiously and read to himself:
Dear Harry,
On this, your twentieth year, you will endeavour from the small child of ignorance to a being of knowledge and power.
The top book is a training ground of sorts for you, go to Diagon Alley and get every book you can find, also, go into Knockturn Alley, collect any weapons, wands and books you need as well as any artefacts you might need.
The book will provide you with a means to an end, but be warned, things are not always what they seem, be sure you want this.
From,
D.
Harry frowned slightly and sighed, "right" he muttered, "this is a good bloody joke" he frowned then took up his travelling cloak and said absently "what can it hurt?" he Apparated away and appeared in Diagon Alley.
Harry looked around casually and walked into Flourish and Blot's where he walked to the counter and placed his hand on the table, the attendant squeaked when he saw the ring on his finger, a small silver amphora with a dragon holding it and a sword clutched in it's claws.
"What can I do for you Mr Potter?' the man asked in a scared tone.
Harry rolled his eyes "one of every single book you have in the store, rare or not, even if it is a different version of the book, I want it" the man jumped and waved his wand causing books to fly forwards.
Harry smiled slightly "do you have a Library Trunk I could use?"
The man frowned and nodded slowly "but sir, it will cost you a fair amount to purchase all this"
Harry snarled deep within his throat "do it"
The man waved his wand quickly and a huge brass embossed iron trunk floated over, Harry pressed his ring onto the table where a small circle was and the counter glowed gold for a second before glowing green, Harry snarled at the man and said "everything inside and shrink it" the man did as he was told and Harry picked up the trunk.
After exiting, he made his way through the shops, gaining new clothes, Muggle and Magical, books, Potions ingredients, seeds, cauldrons of varying sizes and materials, phials and other items before finishing and going to Gringotts.
Harry stood there calmly and frowned slightly before walking in, he made his way through the small crowd of people and stood before the Head Goblin "Grimshack the Greedy, I have come to withdraw all my families fortunes and all possessions forthwith in my vaults and properties"
The Goblin blanched and looked up "name?" he asked.
Harry closed his eyes for a moment before saying "Harry James Black-Grindewald-Ravenclaw-Slytherin-Gryffindor-Potter"
The Goblin looked pale and Harry said "I want all treasure and items to be shrunk and placed into storage of my rings" Harry's other five rings appeared on his hand and the Goblin nodded in defeat before he vanished into a door.
Harry stood there waiting for three hours before the Goblin came back, he produced six small silver gems "that is everything sir, did you wish to sell your properties as well and have the money transferred to your rings?"
Harry nodded as the gems fitted to the centre of the rings and melded inside the rings, he smiled slightly and watched the Goblin pale "sir, after careful consideration, we have decided to have the Goblin Nation pay you for the deeds of your properties to go on sale at a later date"
Harry frowned and nodded "do it" he said in a commanding tone.
The Goblin pulled out a golden crystal that swirled with silver "four thousand tonnes of Dwarven Mithril and four thousand tonnes of Goblin Mithril, two tonnes of Dwarven Iron and Dwarven Steel, two tonnes of Goblin Iron and Steel and lastly, four tonnes of assorted Dragon hides and four tonnes of Dragon blood, organs and a canister of Dragon flames"
Harry took it and said "thank you" he pressed it into the Potter ring and closed his eyes before the golden sphere became the dragon's eye and the silver gems formed around the rim.
"Anything else Mr Potter?" Grimshack asked
Harry shook his head "no thank you" Harry spun on his heel and walked out wondering why in the hell he had sold all his houses, properties and everything after he emptied his vaults.
Harry walked down the dark street of Knockturn Alley with a huge bag full of goodies he had bought there that day when he saw something, he smiled at the silver robe that glistened in the sun and went into the shop "how much for that robe you have in the shop window Miss?" he asked the young female attendant.
She frowned "it is not for sale" Harry placed five thousand Galleons on the table and her eyes widened slightly "I am afraid that no money enough can afford that cloak"
Harry placed fifteen thousand Galleons on the table and she broke "sir, if you will follow me to get your purchase"
Harry smirked as she went to the front and pulled it out for him, Harry took it delicately from her hands and she said "Elven war robe, from the Wood Elves" she said.
Harry took off his robes and swirled the robe onto him and felt more comfortable than he ever has been, he packed his things in his bag and said "thank you Miss" he stalked out with the robe flowing grandly behind him as he walked before it flashed into a grey colour, Harry ran his hands over it, curious as to the action before he saw Voldemort walking the street.
Harry drew his wand covertly and waved it over the bag causing it to form into a small belt bag, he tied it up over his hip and waited before coming out of the shadows "why, hello Tom, such a pleasure to see you again"
Voldemort spun around with wand drawn and Harry smiled warmly "what? No greetings? No hello to your good old nemesis?"
Voldemort scowled "I don't have to listen to you Half-Breed scum"
Harry frowned "such hostility, only because I had the brains enough to mix all thirteen species of Dragons blood, the three species of Phoenix blood, the three of Elf blood and the blood of the Night Dwellers does not mean you can call me a Half-Breed" Harry transformed into a huge flightless lizard and hissed before spitting out a glob of acid which was deflected easily.
Harry changed back and smiled before saying "I also did another little Potions experiment as well Tom, see, I had mixed my own blood with that of Phoenix tears and a Blood Replenishing Potion which allows me to heal almost instantaneously from cuts, oh, and I mixed Dementor blood, Veela blood and Vampire blood into another Blood Potion"
Voldemort raised his eyebrow "why speak to me about this? We know that we are immortal unless we kill each other"
Harry smirked "precisely that dear boy, see, you remember how last battle, you killed Nymphadora Tonks and she was a Metamorphmagus?"
Voldemort's eyes widened and Harry smirked as he changed into a replica of Dumbledore "hello Tom, I thought you might be here" he said in the elderly man's voice before changing back and smirking slightly
"what have you done Potter?" Voldemort snarled angrily.
Harry smirked and held up a black Potion "see this Potion here Voldemort?" he nodded warily, Harry smirked "this contains blood from just last week that I have fortunately gotten, seems your Rituals are all blood based, correct?"
Voldemort frowned and Harry uncorked it then drank it down quickly before he frowned and felt his body become stronger and lighter, he felt his bones become dense and he smirked silently as Voldemort's eyes widened in understanding "well then Tom, I must be going, we should meet up again soon"
Harry Apparated back to his room and collapsed onto the bed before screaming in agony as the Potion took effect, fixing his eyes and hardening his skin, his organs churning before becoming regulated, his magical channels opening wider and his magical core expanding, his mind becoming quicker and sharper.
He knew only pain as the Potion took effect, not noticing that his entire room was starting to fill with light from the book, circling him before brightening to a small sun, a huge explosion of magical energy wiping out everything for ten miles in every direction leaving a deep crater in the ground.

...........................................
Authors Note: So, how's it going? This is my first attempt at a Time Travel fan fiction story, I know it isn't perfect, but I try my best.
Love it? Hate it? Got suggestions?
All Reviews are read and respected.
Sign up to rate and review this story