Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter: New beginnings

Year One: The New Beginning

by SethBlade 0 reviews

The first chapter in Harry's new life, Harry will regret ever living with the Dursley's and finds that his life was manipulated constantly.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Dudley, Harry, Petunia Dursley, Vernon Dursley - Published: 2006-09-14 - Updated: 2006-09-14 - 3801 words

3Ambiance
Disclaimer: As I said before, I own nothing... except the story line.

Chapter Two:
Lives can be reversed and changed with time.

-----------------
Harry Potter groaned as he sat up and blinked rapidly "stupid Voldemort, stupid Potions and stupid Order of the Phoenix" he muttered dangerously, he reached for his wand and found nothing but bare wall, he looked around and frowned slightly before shifting his body into his Vampire form and felt the saturating hunger of blood that coursed through his mind which he pushed aside in favour of finding where he was.
It looked familiar but he could not be certain "where the hell..." he started when he heard loud thumping and a loud "GET UP BOY!"
Harry flinched and muttered softly "oh no, I couldn't be..."
The door opened and Harry looked at the large man in front of him "what are you waiting for boy get... up?" he looked pale.
Harry raised an eyebrow before swiftly getting out and looking around quietly, he sniffed the air and frowned "what year is it?" he questioned softly.
Vernon looked at him like he was crazy "it's the twenty third" he stated scathingly.
Harry sighed, "That is the date of the month, I wish for the entire date Dursley"
Vernon went red in anger and said in a seething tone "you will treat me with respect boy"
Harry turned around and let his eyes, which were still green, flash a deep crimson and he poked the fangs out which glimmered in the light and hissed out in barely controlled anger "tell me what I need to know Dursley, I have neither the time not the patience to listen to you"
Vernon went pale and he fidgeted before gaining some backbone "I don't have to tell you boy"
Harry looked at his hand then, after seeing his rings, he made them invisible and waved it deftly causing Vernon to be thrown into the wall with extreme magic, Harry walked forwards and asked "the date Dursley?"
Vernon looked at him, afraid of what he might do "the twenty third of June, nineteen eighty five"
Harry frowned and waved his hand absently "that makes me five years old, nearly six, I have enough time to do what I need" he shook his head "how did I manage to get here? If what I think happened, then I could have..." he stopped and cackled in glee "oh, this is priceless!" he said in mirth and started walking while clasping his sides, cackling madly and tears of joy in his eyes.
After an hour of laughing, he started to wind down and looked around the house where the Dursley's lived, he raised his eyebrow slightly at how normal it seemed and frowned "something is different" he muttered and held up his hand "Accio Dumbledore's letter" he said clearly and watched as a yellowed envelope flew to his hand, he snatched it out of the air and sighed as he took down all the Charms and other spells that stopped him from opening the letter, he tore it open and shook out the letter:

Dear Petunia Dursley,
As you may have known, your sister, Lily Potter, has studied magic, I am her Headmaster, Professor Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter is a hero of the Wizarding World and I wish for you to break him down and torture him as much as possible so I can bend him to my will.
I will summon him to learn magic when he turns eleven, if you treat him with love and caring, I will personally come over and use magic on you.
If you do this, I will pay for his stay there with money from his vault and when he is fifteen, I will give you the entire contents of his vault which totals in approximately fifteen million pounds, you must beat him for practicing magic and beat him for using magic or thinking about magic, he is not to come into contact with any of us until I send for him.
Tell him nothing of his parents, their will, his parents' friends or anything that might connect to our world.
I hope for your sake that he remains ignorant of our society.
Sincerely,
Albus Dumbledore,
Headmaster of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Harry glared at it and it slowly incinerated in black flames while the Dursley's were petrified in fear, Harry glared at them then waved his hand and said in an icy tone "break me will you? Help bend me to his will huh?" Harry sent a blast of flames at them and incinerated them instantaneously, he summoned his things and shrunk them down.
Apparating out of the house and covering himself in a black cloak, Harry looked around silently before he drew out a wand he had in one of his rings and waved it slightly "Incendio Flammere" a huge fireball slammed into the side of the house and it went up in smoke, Harry turned to see Mrs. Figg looking at him in fear and Harry raised his wand into the air and screamed out "Morsmordre!" a huge green skull with a snake protruding from it's mouth appeared over the house and Harry smirked as he Apparated away.

(Page Break)

Four years later, Harry was standing silently in Hogsmeade and was frowning silently at the front page of the Daily Prophet

Harry Potter sightings in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, is the Boy-Who-Lived still alive?
By Rita Skeeter
Harry Potter, Boy Who Lived, is he still alive? Four years ago, the secret house of the Boy Who Lived was attacked and burnt to the ground, no corpses were found but a pile of ashes were discovered to have magical residue.
The Dark Mark overhead, it was thought that Harry Potter has been killed by Death Eaters, but recent reports show that many people are having 'Harry Potter sightings' as the Ministry are starting to call them, if anyone has information on the Boy Who Lived, whether alive or dead, please contact the Ministry immediately.

It went on to say much more things but Harry could care less about that, Dumbledore probably thought he was dead because he had left his magical residue near the ashes of the Dursley's which would say he was dead with them, he shook his head and looked up at the clock as it chimed three times, he shook his head and scowled slightly before frowning "letter is supposed to come soon" he muttered softly before he tossed the paper in the bin, he looked at the crowds of Diagon Alley get ready for the new school year and the shop owners bustle about with their things, he shook his head and looked at the Leaky Cauldron where he had booked a permanent room to sleep in.
Harry sighed softly and walked back into the Leaky Cauldron where he sat at the bar "what will you be having Mr Evans?" Tom the bartender asked.
Harry held up his hand and pointed three fingers up "Butterbeer thanks Tom" Tom nodded and Harry cautiously looked around the room while using his senses to scour the area, there was a few Vampires which were talking to a man who looked shifty, a Werewolf was in the corner with a mug of Firewhiskey in his hands, a few Goblins were harassing a pudgy man and a few people were just doing their own thing.
Harry contentedly took his order of Butterbeer and looked at the owl that appeared, Harry frowned at it and Tom said, "looks like you got your Hogwarts letter Master Evans, aren't you going to look at it?"
Harry took the letter and grabbed the owl as it tried to leave "I wish to answer as soon as possible Owl" he muttered before the owl pecked his hand and flew off with an agitated look on its face, Harry shook his head and sucked on his bleeding hand as he opened the letter "cauldron, ingredients, books, I have all that, wand, need that, pet, don't have one, maybe I should get a snake, broom, need one of those, I should get the Nimbus 2000 or a Cleansweep 7, anything else? Well, I need robes, I also need parchment and ink, I have quills, winter cloaks I have, everything else I have as well" Harry folded it up and looked at Tom "hey, mind if I borrow your owl Tom? I need to reply to the Headmaster" Tom nodded and vanished into the back of the store and Harry waved his hand over the letter causing the name to become obscured.
Tom came back and handed him his owl "this is Archimedes, faithful owl he is"
Harry nodded and pulled out his acceptance form before filling it out and tying it to the owl's leg "take this to Minerva McGonagall, Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry" the old owl hooted and flew out quietly, Harry smiled at Tom "thank you Tom, do you mind opening the entrance to Diagon Alley for me?" Tom shook his head and walked with him to the entrance.
Harry thanked Tom as he left and went down the alley to Gringotts and sighed "no point in alerting him too soon, my name will be noticed at the beginning of the Sorting Ceremony when my name is called out"
Harry stepped aside as a tall blonde man snarled and said icily "move aside Mudblood"
Harry glanced up and said in a frigid tone "I am no Mudblood you fool, I am a Pureblood of the oldest families in the world you ignorant bastard"
The man flinched and Harry smirked as he had basically ridiculed his standing in the Pureblood hierarchy "what did you say Mudblood?"
Harry noticed that it was Lucius Malfoy and said in a soft tone "I said you are an ignorant bastard, never again insult me by calling me a Mudblood you arrogant fool, some here are better than you are"
Malfoy Snr snarled in the back of his throat then stormed away, Harry smirked and made his way towards Ollivander's.
Harry looked outside quietly as he held his new wand, it was still the same wand but it was still the same, Harry sighed in relief as he slinked out and down to Knockturn Alley for a new wand that had no Tracking Charms or Identification Charms the Ministry placed on the wands, he made his way silently through the place, many people greeting him by name as he passed, his being a prominent figure in the standings of both alley's, he slipped into a wand store and pocketed his wand before taking out a bag of Galleons and throwing them on the counter to stop the man who was about to go into a rant "I am here for a custom wand, you will provide it for me, understood?"
The man nodded and looked inside the mag then gleefully waved his wand closing the entire shop up and torches to explode into light, illuminating the shop "you know the way for new wands sir?" asked the man.
Harry shook his head and the man sighed softly "very well, run your hand over the ingredients and when you have gone through the shop, come back to me with the ingredients to make your wand" Harry nodded and moved through the shop.
Two hours later, Harry came back with a small cauldron full of ingredients and set them on the table "is that all young Master?" asked the man, intrigued by what he had gotten
"Yes, indeed it is" Harry stated coldly.
The man shivered and looked at the ingredients "Dementors heart, Phoenixes heart, Black Oak and White Willow, this is an interesting mix sir" the man pulled out the rest of the ingredients and frowned "Demons blood and Unicorn blood, Dragon scales and Basilisk venom, that is quite a mixture young sir, quite possibly the most powerful mix I have seen ever made"
Harry scowled beneath his hood which he always wore and said coldly "make the wand fool, I have done as you asked, now make the blasted wand"
"Okay, no need to fret young sir, I just need a few drops of your blood" Harry snarled at that, blood could be used for Dark Potions and could be used to harm him or even control him "it is only used to bind the wand to only you sir, I won't be using it any other way, I swear on my magic and my life" Harry scowled and pulled out a dagger then nicked his finger and pooled ten drops into the small stone bowl that was implanted into the desk.
The man nodded and placed all the ingredients inside the bowl and started a long incantation, Harry felt the magic in the air grow incredibly thick and he almost flinched as the power started to continue growing, the wood forming into a brilliant grey wand with flecks of black, gold, silver, brown, white and bronze on the surface, he watched in wonder as it seemed to tug at his very being to grasp it and he reached out his hand before the man had finished the incantation and grasped it in his hand as the man looked at him with wide eyes as he continued the incantation.
When the man finished the incantation, Harry held the ten and a quarter inch wand in his hand and looked at it in wonder as dark green swirls were on the surface of the wand with the different coloured flecks all along the shaft and handle of the wand "I want a sheath, an Unspeakable's sheath with all the Anti-Summoning Charms and Invisibility Enchantments"
The man went wide-eyed and asked in a hushed tone "those are illegal for anyone but an Unspeakable"
"If I get caught, I won't tell them where I got it," Harry muttered as he looked at his wand
The man frowned "wrist or waist sir?" Harry thought for a moment before stating "thigh if you can manage it, modify the wrist holster with a belt to hold it up then overlap another belt to hang down to the thigh with Resizing Charms to fit on the mid thigh and size itself to meet the owner's size"
The man frowned "that is a tall order, and very illegal business to make something not Ministry approved" Harry pulled out another bag of Galleons and the man looked at them before smirking and vanishing into the back of his shop.
Fifteen minutes later, the man came out with the belt Harry wanted and it had an extra sheath with a dagger on the other side that came down to his thigh, Harry looked at it inquisitively and the man said with a smirk "since you spent so much, I decided to add a weapons sheath that will fit any weapon you wish to hold there and it will automatically shape itself to fit the weapon, it has Anti-Detection and Anti-Summoning Charms with Resizing and Expansion Charms laced through the holsters and will not set off any Muggle alarms if you have anything metallic inside"
Harry smirked as he took it and fastened it to his waist under his robes and sheathed his new wand inside the wand sheath "I trust our business will remain secret?" Harry asked softly.
"I wouldn't be in business if I weren't secret about what I do" Harry nodded and walked out without a sound.

(Page Break)

Harry watched as the familiar faces passed through the Leaky Cauldron, Hermione was accompanied by McGonagall and many other Muggleborn's were accompanied by Professors to Diagon Alley and it was explained to them, Harry shook his head as he realised how deep the manipulation truly ran by Dumbledore and sighed softly as he watched Neville Longbottom come out of the fireplace with Dumbledore and Neville looked puffed up and arrogant, Harry shook his head and watched as Dumbledore led Neville through the alley with a sparkle in his eyes.
Harry stood up as they made to exit and went down to the alley, Harry drew his own wand and passed by Dumbledore and Neville then tapped the bricks, he tapped his foot impatiently as the entrance opened and quickly made his way through the area, noticing that Dumbledore was steering Neville to follow him, Harry smirked to himself and went to the pet store and looked around for a while.
Harry bought the snowy white owl he knew was Hedwig and perched her on his shoulder before buying treats and a few accessories as Dumbledore bought Neville an owl that was just as splendid as his and was by far more expensive, Harry shook his head softly and made his way out when the store owner called out "Mr Evans, you left some change here"
Harry looked over and said "keep it on tab for when I come back Juan, I can use it later" the man nodded and placed it aside, Harry exited and moved through the alley while noticing that Dumbledore was now dragging Neville along to follow him.
As Harry passed through Madame Malkin's and the trunk stores, Dumbledore was following him and Harry was becoming increasingly agitated until he came to the book store where Hermione was running wild, Harry's heart froze when he saw his lover, fiancé and long time friend arguing with her parents about how many books she could have, Harry came up to her and leaned over her shoulder to see 'Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts in the Twentieth Century' and many more titles he knew he was in, Harry frowned when she turned to him and Harry said "I suggest you look at 'the Dark Arts revisited: A Truth to the tale of the Rise and Fall of the Dark Lord' and maybe 'Dark Lords through history: what they were known for and what they did' those are much better titles and shine truth on many aspects that people fail to grasp"
She scowled at him before Harry looked at the store manager and said "Harvey, charge this lady's books to my account here please, I am sure this young lady is like myself and craves knowledge, give her my personal selection and a library trunk to go along with the books she wishes to have" she looked at him with wide eyes and Harry leaned forwards to her and was so close that her nose was in the shadow of his hood and he picked up a book from the stand behind her and pulled back then held up the book.
She looked at the title and scowled malevolently "who are you to give me such a book?" she asked icily, Harry watches as she hit his hand and it hit the floor and was sprawled on the floor, she slapped him across the face and the people who knew him gasped and backed away.
Harry bent down to pick up the book " this book, 'Mudbloods and Purebloods: A History' will give you insight as to how the Pureblood portion of the Wizarding World look at Muggleborn children and the Muggleborn in general"
She scowled and Harry thrust it at her and grasped her hand with his and closed her hand on it "you will take this book and read it, I will be paying for your books, read it and learn from it, you would do well to not argue"
Harry pulled back and she looked at him scornfully before saying "fine, I will take it, but only because you are paying for it" the people who knew him, gaped at him, Harry was never the one to not smack a person around if they hit him with magic or with physical force and was known to have placed people in hospital because of their actions.
Harry looked up at Dumbledore and saw a disapproving look in his eyes but dismissed it and turned to face the manager of store "the books are ready with the trunk Harvey?" the man shook himself from his shock and went to get the things Harry asked for, Harry looked at Hermione again and said softly "I don't care if you are Muggleborn, it only means you have the disadvantage of not knowing about magic before your letter" Harry moved away and heard people furiously whispering about the confrontation, Harry shook his head and made his way through the rows of books and pulled out any new books he found.
After carefully moving through the alley, Harry made his way to Ollivander's and stepped inside where Dumbledore followed with Neville, Harry looked at Ollivander who was about to greet him by name but saw Dumbledore and said "hello Mr Evans, it is good to see you again, I assume you are here for a reason, if not for a wand, then for a wand holster and some wand care products, am I right?"
Harry bowed his head stiffly and said, "I came for a Hungarian Horntail hide wrist holster and two Auror standard wand care kits thank you Mr Ollivander sir"
Ollivander chuckled softly "why would you want two kits of Auror standards Mr Evans?"
Harry chuckled "well, they always seem to get the best things and I have this inclination to have everything in tip top condition"
Ollivander chuckled "let me just serve my other customers and we may have our discussion later, how would a meeting later on at nine this evening in the Leaky Cauldron sound to you?" Harry nodded and sat down on one of the chairs.
Neville finished an hour later with a Birch wand and a Dragon heartstring, Harry shook his head at the weak wand and stood up as Dumbledore ordered an Auror standard wand care kit for him, Harry walked over as Ollivander pulled out the three boxes and set two aside, Dumbledore looked at Harry curiously and Harry rolled his eyes while keeping up his Occlumency shields as Dumbledore probed him, Harry took his holster and wand care kit then looked at Neville, Harry raised his hand and placed his left index finger calmly on his forehead and watched Neville shiver in both fear and cold, Harry drew his finger over the small scar that went down past his right eye and said softly "you are not so fortunate" Harry then pushed lightly and Neville fell on his ass and crawled away quickly while stuttering madly about 'freaks and fools not knowing who he was', Harry shook his head in a disgusted manner and looked at Ollivander "was it at nine sir?" Ollivander nodded and Harry walked out while inwardly laughing his head off.

.........................................................
Authors note: Love it? Hate it? Got any Suggestions?
All reviews are read and respected.
Sign up to rate and review this story