Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Spirit Fighter

Chapter One

by Sagittariusmoon 0 reviews

After losing his mother at birth, and living his entire life in concentration camps for mutants, the son of the ultimate demon, Satan, joins the United States Marine Corps in order to have a brigh...

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2017-11-19 - 708 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

The walls are grey and the only thing I have in this despondent cell was a metal bed frame with a plastic cot and pillow, along with a paper thin cover that could never keep me warm. There were no windows and the door was steel painted black on the inside out, with an alarm that is genetically enhanced to go off when someone is trying to escape. My door slides open with a loud buzzing noise. Sitting with my head against the wall, I leap up and walk outside my cell stretching.

As I walk past each cell door, mutants start walking out yawning and stretching from being locked up for hours every day.

Walking down levels and levels of steps, I bump into my two closest friends Marco Zanini and Tito.

"Hey what's up Sin?" Marco says to me. Marco is shorter than I am, with short black hair and light blue green eyes. His complexion is an odd shade of whitish grey with a tattoo on his right hand of a rose.

"So you got a plan for us?" Tito says knowing the loom I get when I have a plan. Tito is taller than I am, with long sliver hair, brown eyes, pale white skin and Sharp teeth that can break through any surface.

"Yeah." I say in a low tone because other mutants may hear.

"I'll tell you guys when we get to ground level." They both Nod their heads and continued walking very briskly down the steps.

Marco and Tito weren't raised here like I was, they were both captured by the agents of M.D.C and sent here about four years ago. Once we met, we became close as family, guarding each other from other mutants and making sure one anther was comfortable.

Once we were on ground level, the guards had us line up with plastic trays in front of a metal stand that served us oatmeal and bread everyday three times a day. It's very disgusting but most of the time no one complains. The guards let us sit freely so me, Marco, and Tito sit at a rusty to the touch circled table with three seats attached to it. Before explaining the plan, I made sure no one else was in ear shot listening. Looking, some mutants were fighting, others were talking, and flirting with girls, enjoying their time out of their cells while they can.

Once I see no one is listening, Tito whispers to me, "are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes I am." I say in a confident tone. "I just need to figure out what's outside these walls."

Marco hands me a folded piece of paper from inside his shirt. "This is everything that's outside now, changed a lot since we were captured."

Looking at the paper and its vague handwriting, I deciphered there are all types of businesses, transportation, and open fields to grow food on. It's all interesting to me, but I never heard of these things. Shrugging my shoulders I folded the paper and said, "sounds good, but what will they think of me?"

"They will be scared at first, but then it doesn't matter what other people think." Tito says putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Okay Sin, what's the plan?" Marco asks me.

"We sneak out during thirty minute liberty." I began to say, "but in order to do that, we have to get past the cameras and guards." I point toward a guard that's sitting in front of a door that has the words 'No Entry' on it.

"We will have to trust that that's our way out of here."

"Okay." Tito says nodding his head. "Will I be taking out the cameras with my energy?"

"Yes you will, make it look like they lost power." Then I look at Marco, "make a distraction so the guards will go check it out and other mutants will leave to one side of the room."

"Don't worry." Marco assured me. "I got a perfect idea." He smiles a brisk smile.

I smiled back. "The plan goes through tomorrow."

We all nod our heads in agreement as the guards yell for us to return to our cells.
Sign up to rate and review this story