Categories > Cartoons > Code Lyoko > Another

The Beginning

by Arinae 1 review

Two new kids show up at Kadic. Who are they and what is going to happen? And WHO is this other person, that he scares X.A.N.A.?!

Category: Code Lyoko - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-08-31 - Updated: 2006-08-31 - 874 words

0Unrated
---xxxxx--- Means they are thinking!
The lyoko gang stood outside near the gate. They were talking about their latest achievement. "That was so awesome when you ramped off that rock and cut those hornets in half, Yumi!" Odd was whispering as loud as he dared. Brrriiinnnggg! The bell rang and they all proceeded to class. None of them noticed the black limo that had just pulled up. A girl with dark purple, almost black hair stepped out followed by three men in black suits. "I don't need your help to find my room, you can leave now." the girl told the men. "No. We are to accompany you to your room. No exceptions. We are to ensure you don't try anything." said one of them. "¡Maldito Sea! Estupido gobierno. (Damn! Stupid government.)" the girl muttered under her breath in Spanish. Her eyes shifted from guard to guard, calculating. She gave a long sigh and allowed herself to be carried along with them to the principal's office. Afterwards, the men led her to her room. She glanced around and deciding that it was and OK room, plopped down on the bed. One of the men turned and spoke to her. "You will remain locked in here until tomorrow. Your dinner will be brought to you around six." Then he deposited the last bag on the nearby chair and left. She waited patiently until she heard the key in the lock. She sat down and opened her laptop. Muttering to herself she opened a file and began typing.
The next day
In first period class, Principal Delmas walked in accompanied by a girl in a short red dress and high heeled boots. From a glance, most of them could tell she was Hispanic. "This is Verdana Santiago. She was recently transferred here from Puerto Rico." Principal Delmas said. Cautiously, she edged over to the only empty seat, right next to Odd. Once the class started, she began muttering under her breath in Spanish. From behind her, Sissy and her gang started to amuse themselves by trying to hit her with pieces of a broken beaker. One of the pieces hit her arm, but all she did was turn and glare at them. Odd glanced down at the cut and to his amazement, it glowed a little green and disappeared. He wondered where she had really come from.
At lunch
"Come over here Verdana! You can sit with us!" Odd called across the cafeteria. Verdana came and sat next to him. Odd had told the rest of them what had happened in class. "So..um.. how'd you end up here at Kadic?" Aelita asked, trying to break the silence that had set in. "Well, if you must know, it was here or somewhere in England. The government wanted me to pick some place to go so I picked here. It seemed a little more hospitable to my heritage. I wish that I could have stayed where I was, but nooo, they had to come in and say I couldn't." Verdana replied. Jeremy looked down at his phone seeing the X.A.N.A. symbol flashing. "If you'll excuse us Verdana, we have somewhere we need to go right now." Jeremy said.
At the factory
Ulrich wondered how Verdana was getting along, seeing as they had left in a rush. Yumi was thinking the same thing. "OK guys here we go!" (you know the whole virtualization process)
In Lyoko
"The tower is just ahead, but I don't see anything. Be careful, it might be a trap." Jeremy told them. They approached slowly unaware that back at the school, crabs started attacking. Aelita followed behind Odd and was trailed by Ulrich and Yumi. They reached the tower and Aelita stepped in. Outside, there was no sign of any creatures to indicate X.A.N.A. knew they were there. "Tower deactivated." Aelita said. They devirtualized and Jeremy told them to go check what happened at the school before they returned to the past.
At Kadic
They arrived to see the school in disarray. Odd told the others he would go check out the cafeteria. When he arrived the first thing he noticed was a gigantic hole in the roof and no one was there. On closer inspection of the floor, he located several pieces of crab (lyoko) strewn here and there. Out of a pile popped up Verdana and before he recognized her, he was flat on his back. "Oh, I'm so sorry Odd. I thought you were another crab." "Did you do all of this?" Odd asked. She looked sheepishly at him and nodded. "Well, why don't you just wait here and I'll go get Jim." Odd told her and left to the factory.
At the factory
"Jeremy, we really need to return to the past now. The whole school's in ruin!" Ulrich told Jeremy upon arrival at the factory. "Fine. Return to the past now." The whole school was enveloped in a bubble of white light.
At Kadic
--I'm so glad that they didn't return so far to the past that I would have to introduce myself all over again-- thought Verdana. She had to finish her lunch before rushing off to her room to get something.
Sign up to rate and review this story