Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter: New beginnings

Year One: Decisions and actions

by SethBlade 1 review

Harry will be taking actions against the people he hates

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Draco, Harry, Hermione, Professor McGonagall - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-14 - Updated: 2006-09-15 - 2308 words

5Ambiance
Disclaimer: I think this is obvious, I OWN EVERYTHING! MWUAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, I own nothing except the story like and a few characters that will randomly appear thanks to the giant flying pigs in the sky that continually dive bomb me.

Chapter Four:

Lessons. Night time walks. Keeping watch.

Shed not the blood of your enemies, for they can prove useful in the end.

Author Unknown

......................

Harry absently walked the halls during the night time, an Invisibility Charm on himself as he walked, Silencing Charms on his shoes and on his clothes to stop any noise from escaping accidentally, he looked on as Quirrel walked around, he was sick and tired of waiting and just wanted to Avada Kedavra him on the spot, but he could not do it without proof, he knew for a fact that Snape was wary of him because of the string of pranks that were strangely reminiscent of the Marauder's pranks were flying around, he chuckled soundlessly and thought back to his first lesson with Snape.

Begin Flashback

Harry sat down in class next to Hermione who was watching him as he pulled out his book and frowned "where were you during the Dursley's deaths Harry?' she questioned for the thousandth time, Harry looked at her and made an annoyed sound.

Draco sniggered "looks like the Mudblood hasn't learnt her place in the Wizarding World"

Harry spun around and drew his Holly wand from his wand holster "shut up Malfoy or I will hand you from the Astronomy Tower by your balls"

Draco paled slightly then called out "looks like the Mudblood has a boyfriend, Potty wee Potter and the Mud..."

Harry sent a powerful Stinging Hex at his thigh and growled softly "next time I won't miss Malfoy, and next time, you had better keep your mouth shut" he ground out through gritted teeth.

Hermione drew her own wand and said "I can handle myself Harry" she said calmly then waved her wand and hissed out "Rictusempra"

Draco fell to the floor and was laughing loudly, Harry waved his wand and muttered softly "Finite Incantatum"

Draco sat up and drew his wand as Snape came in and roared out "Diffindo!"

Harry deflected it with a weak shield that slammed into Goyle and Snape scowled "ten points from Gryffindor for attacking a student Potter"

Harry growled and hissed through grinding teeth "and what about Malfoy sir? He attacked Hermione for standing up to him and cast a dangerous Curse at her that was aimed at her neck and could have killed her should it have hit whereas she just used a Tickling Charm"

Snape growled "ten points from Gryffindor for talking back Mr Potter"

Harry gripped his wand and muttered dangerously under his breath "you had better hope I never find you in the hallways alone Malfoy, you won't be conscious to see the next day"

Hermione glared at him as Snape started calling out names and Harry was busy thinking of different ways to murder Snape and Malfoy while pinning it on someone else, Harry absently heard Snape call out his name and was jabbed in the ribs by Hermione, Harry looked up and scanned Hermione's mind for the question then answered confidently "Draught of Living Death sir"

Snape scowled and asked "where do I find a Bezoar?"

Harry ground his teeth silently and said with barely contained rage "in the goat of a stomach, sir" he said the last bit in a condescending tone.

Snape glared at him "ten points from Gryffindor for that disrespectful tone, what, Mr Potter, is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?"

Harry growled dangerously and hissed "nothing sir, I also believe that Aconite should be added to that list, also, shouldn't you be asking First Years things from the First Year text books instead of Fourth Year material?"

Snape looked at him coldly and said "you are just as arrogant and egotistical as your father was Potter, I am surprised you got in the door with that inflated head of yours"

Harry stood up quickly and was gripping the table so tight that his knuckles were white, his eyes flickered in the torch light which moved in a nonexistent wind "sir, don't you think it is unprofessional to discriminate people on their parents?" he growled out.

"No, I don't Mr Potter, now sit down, ten points from Gryffindor for talking back"

Harry stuffed his things into his bag and stormed out of the room as Snape called out "twenty points from Gryffindor and detention for walking out during classes" Harry paid no attention and walked to the Owlery to send a letter to the Education Board.

End Flashback

Harry smiled slightly and moved through the secret passage that led straight to the room where the Mirror of Erised lay, he opened the door and peered inside only to see Snape looking at it intently, Harry snarled in the back of his throat and raised his wand 'Avada Kedav...' he started in his mind but thought better of it and moved aside as Snape left, Harry cast a silent Summoning Charm to see if he had the stone and smirked silently before moving inside, Harry looked around quietly before closing the door and locking it with a series of Wards and Charms that Dumbledore himself would have trouble getting through, Harry smirked and let his Invisibility Charm fall, he raised his wand and pointed it at the mirror, not looking into the glass, and said "Accio Philosophers Stone"

The mirror shuddered for a moment before growing still, Harry frowned and shook his head softly looks like I have to do this the old fashioned way he thought bitterly, Harry looked into the mirror and saw himself with Hermione in his arms, her belly large with the baby she had before she died, Harry looked at it sadly and shook his head before concentrating on the task at hand, he felt a weight fall into his pocket and he pulled out a large red stone, he gazed at it intently and conjured a direct double then placed it into the mirror which rippled like a pebble dropped into water.

Placing the stone in his pocket, Harry placed the Invisibility Charm back up and disabled the Charms and Wards on the door, he waited for a few minutes before he opened the door and silently walked out with a vicious gleam in his eyes, he made his way towards the Defence Against the Dark Arts office and cancelled the spells on his clothes and shoes then took off the Invisibility Charm, he stood outside the door for a few minutes then knocked loudly three times, Harry felt a prickle in his scar and a sudden blistering heat and ice cold that felt like an icepick had been rammed into his head, Harry ran down the corridor when he had confirmed the possession of Quirrel and ran through the maze of passages to the Seventh Floor and quickly muttered the password for the portrait, ran up the steps and jumped into his bed 'Dumbledore has to know about Voldemort possessing Quirrel, I hate to admit it, but Dumbledore is not as interested in me any more, he is more interested in Neville' Harry closed his eyes while pondering this and fell into a restless sleep.

(Page Break)

Harry walked hurriedly down the path to the first flying lesson of the day and saw the students all lined up with brooms in their hands, he quickly made his way up to Madame Hooch and handed her the slip explaining his being late by Madame Pomfrey who had to give him a series of Headache Potions and heal his hand which he broke when he punched a Seventh Year in the jaw for making a rude comment about Hermione, Hooch looked at him with aglimmer of amusement in her eyes and said "take your position Potter" Harry nodded and stepped over to his broom and muttered softly before he was even over the top of it "up" the broom flew into his hand and he absently noted that he was still with the same broom as before, a rickety old Shooting Star that looked like it had seen better days.

Harry stood there calmly and looked at Hermione who was opposite him, he frowned slightly when he noticed that her broom was still on the floor with many others, Harry twitched his fingers slightly and the broom shot into her hand and struggled as if it were alive before settling down, Harry turned to Malfoy who was glaring at him and Harry smiled viciously before drawing a finger over his throat and giving him a threatening look which made Malfoy pale dramatically.

Harry turned as Hooch blew the whistle and levitated five feet into the air with the rest of the group, Neville laughed at Malfoy as he started to slide forwards and Malfoy took insult before charging him, Harry dove to the side as Malfoy passed by and gripped his robe as he flew past and spun around like a slingshot sending Malfoy right at Neville who rolled and rose into the air as he lost control of the broom.

The group looked on in horror as Neville rose to about twenty feet then fell to the floor with a resounding CRACK! Harry shook his head and muttered in self contained glee "déjà vu" Harry floated down with the rest of the group but Harry was more interested with Hermione, he paid attention to how she stood and could see she was more confident than before, she held herself with more grace than the original time and her hair, though still frizzy and wild, held more shine than before, Harry smiled softly as he looked at her, his heart and soul aching to be with her, his very being crying out to hold her in his arms and never let go, she looked at him and his thoughts immediately became mush as he lost himself in her eyes "look at what that idiot Longbottom dropped, it's that stupid ball" Harry drew his wand calmly and strode forwards while he brought himself up to his full height, his eyes flashing a dark shade of green that looked distinctly like the Killing Curse.

Malfoy shivered and Harry smiled nastily and hissed in a menacing tone "give me the ball Malfoy and I promise your pain shall be minimal compared to what I will do if you do not give it to me"

The entire class shivered and Harry revelled in the fear he was producing, knowing that he was instilling fear that would later save lives and stop people from joining the Death Eaters, Malfoy scowled and grabbed his broom while shooting into the air, Harry waved his wand deftly at the broom which flew to his hand and he mounted it, Hermione grabbed his arm as he rose a few inches and said heatedly "Harry, you can't go up there, you will lose points for Gryffindor" Harry turned to her, his eyes a dark shade that were nearly black, power shining behind the surface, she flinched back and let go of him in fear, Harry shot up in a blur and started charging down Malfoy who now looked petrified.

Harry stopped just one foot away from Malfoy and said coldly "give me the ball now Malfoy, you do not want to piss me off any further, I am much more dangerous than you could ever imagine"

Malfoy looked fearful and Harry sniffed the air as an acrid smell pierced the air, Harry looked down to see a steady stream of golden sparkles flutter through the air, Harry shook his head and held his wand firmly "you want the ball Potter? Go fetch" he said in fear and threw it hard towards the castle.

Harry stayed there for a moment before glaring at Malfoy "you will pay for that Malfoy" he hissed and shot after it.

If anyone were to look closely, they would see a happy expression on Harry's face that nobody but Hermione had ever seen before, it was something that Harry truly felt free with, he felt alive while flying, he soared through the air and did an barrel roll in the air at high speeds and swooped through the air, he overtook the Remembrall and started circling it before he caught it two meters from the floor and soared into the air with the ball clasped in his hand, he quickly shot forwards to where Malfoy was smirking and McGonagall was standing with Snape, Harry dropped off the broom ten meters away and three feet in the air with a furious gleam in his eyes, Harry passed by McGonagall and thrust the ball into her hands before baring down on Malfoy who shivered and a wet patch was seen in the dirt below his feet, Harry looked down at him and hissed darkly "I challenge you to a duel Malfoy, I have had it with you and your all high and mighty attitude, if you are such a good little Pureblood Prince, fight me, one on one, duel to end until one of us is out of the fight" Malfoy looked at him in fear and at Snape with a pleading look in his eyes.

Harry watched calmly and waited for Snape to disagree but McGonagall stepped in "Mr Malfoy, do you accept the duel?"

Malfoy quaked in fear and nodded quickly, Harry smirked and quickly whipped up his wand making Malfoy flinch backwards, Harry then placed it at his neck and drew it across his skin "you are dead meat Malfoy" he hissed and McGonagall led him to her office for a talk.

.............................................

Authors note: Love it? Hate it? Got any Suggestions?

All reviews are read and respected.
Sign up to rate and review this story