Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter: New beginnings

Year One: Quidditch Trials and Christmas

by SethBlade 11 reviews

Harry finds out some startling secrets in his new life

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, Hermione, Neville - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-15 - Updated: 2006-09-15 - 7212 words

5Exciting
Disclaimer: All hail J.K. Rowling! Queen of the Magical World! Bow down to the... bow down to the... bow down to the Queen!

Chapter Six:

Secrets revealed. Quidditch. Trouble.

To make a beautiful rose, sometimes you have to shovel some shit.

Famous Muggle Quote from Author Unknown

.........................................................

Harry twirled his wand absently as he watched the Slytherin's train for Quidditch, it was raining at the moment and Harry wished more than once that he could just buy a designer broom and shove it right up the Slytherin's royal asses, but sadly, he had been caught attempting to do that three times to numerous players on the Slytherin Quidditch team and had received detention with Snape and a fifty point removal from Gryffindor, on the plus side of things, two of the players weren't going to be playing because of practice injuries that they would not elaborate on to anyone.

"What are you doing here Potter?" came a snide and cold tone.

Harry leaned his head backwards to look behind him and he twiddled his wand "nothing much Longbottom, just waiting for an opportunity to shove a wand down one of the players throats or seriously incapacitate them" Harry said with an airy tone.

Neville sneered then drew his wand and roared "Expelliarmus!" Harry's wand flew down and over the railing to the floor below and Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Not so tough without your wand Potter, are you? Now then, I suggest you drop out of the Quidditch team and tell them to place me as the Seeker" sneered Neville hatefully,

Harry raised his eyebrow and lifted his head to look at the Slytherin's "I don't think so Longbottom, I am quite happy as Seeker for the Quidditch team thank you very much"

Neville sneered and said in an angry tone "are you refusing to get off the team Potter? Because of you, I have detention with Snape and Filch for the next two weeks and because of you, Ron isn't going to be able to complete the school year and is in St Mungo's, now then, I suggest you drop out and give me that spot or I will be forced to injure you so much, you won't be able to complete your Hogwarts education"

Harry leaned his head back and the wand was pointed right between his eyes, Harry looked at it and frowned "nice wand you have there, what is the wood and core?"

Neville frowned and said "Ash and Phoenix feather, it is a feather from Dumbledore's Phoenix Fawkes, it was specially made for me after you broke mine with the Troll incident you caused"

Harry snapped his hand out and snatched the wand away and said lazily "Accio Harry Potter's wand"

The light brown wand flew into the air and Harry caught it in mid air then tossed the Ash wand of Neville's backwards into the back of the stands, Harry leaned his head back and pointed his wand right between Neville's eyes "so Longbottom, you were saying?"

Neville made to grab his wand but Harry swiped it out of the way and waited, Neville paled and scampered away in fear, Harry lowered the wand and sighed before rubbing the bridge of his nose, looked at the team one last time before picking up his bag and walking down to the pitch for the Gryffindor Quidditch practices.

------------------------------------------

Harry sneered as Neville walked down with Dumbledore and he mentally groaned at the sheer stupidity of it all, Dumbledore came to a stop right in front of Harry and looked at him, his eyes twinkling brightly, Harry looked at Dumbledore and did a surface scan that showed he did not keep his mental shields up around him, Harry pulled out and waited as he felt a brush of Legimancy, Harry averted his eyes and narrowed his eyes at Neville, spun on his heel and stalked off, he smirked when he noticed Dumbledore following and slowly made his way towards the Forbidden Forest, just as Dumbledore sped up to stop him, Harry gave a sharp whistle and stood there calmly, Dumbledore froze when a small baby Unicorn came out slowly, Harry bent down and a larger, pure white Unicorn appeared from the fringes of the forest, Harry took out a gilded silver knife and held it in his left hand and a clear crystal phial in his right, the larger Unicorn neighed and Harry gave a small whinny of a whistle and tapped the phial with the dagger and the large Unicorn hesitantly stepped forwards and kneeled down at his side, Harry placed his hand on the Unicorns neck and rubbed it before he made a quick jab into the flank of the Unicorn and collected some blood, the Unicorn whimpering slightly, Harry rubbed the Unicorn as he collected the blood, when the phial was full, Harry clicked his toung sharply and it stood up and brayed loudly, Harry took up another three phials, one with a shimmering liquid inside, he dripped some onto the wound and it started to quickly heal up, Harry plucked a few hairs from the tail of the Unicorn and slapped the flank making it whinny then charge into the forest, Harry looked at the younger Unicorn and plucked a few hairs from the tail before rubbing it's neck then slapping the flank, placing the hairs into the phials and corking them, he looked at Dumbledore who was wide eyed.

"I have an affinity with Light and Dark creatures, they know I respect them and listen to my call when I need them" Harry said while he pocketed the four phials and patted his robes with a smug look on his face.

Neville's face twisted in jealousy and rage and he took a step forwards and made an attempt to draw his wand, Harry shook his head in disgust and looked at Dumbledore "may I have a permission slip to enter the Forbidden Forest sir?"

Dumbledore's brow creased in concentration then he said, "I am afraid that you would need your parent or guardians permission to do that"

Harry looked at Neville who was smirking evilly and Harry drew his wand idly and twirled it in his fingers which caused Neville to flinch back "I believe that, since I am, by Muggle rights, legally my own guardian, I can sign for myself, oh yes" he said as Dumbledore opened his mouth to argue "I also rescinded my citizenship to the British Ministry of Magic and placed it with the American Ministry of Magic at the age of seven sir, they are much more acceptable when it comes to Muggle laws"

Dumbledore blinked rapidly then said in a kind grandfatherly tone "Harry my boy, don't you think you would be better off with some Wizarding parents who would be able to help you blend into the Wizarding World properly?"

Harry felt a very strong Compulsion Charm slam into his Occlumency shields and Harry inwardly seethed but outside his shields, his thoughts became solemn "I don't know sir, I mean, I have much more independence than many my own age," he said softly.

Harry felt another Compulsion Charm slam into his shields "Harry my boy, it would be in your best interests to have a home and a family to come home to"

Harry mentally shouted within his shields "I don't know sir, I mean, I did survive quite well by doing odd jobs, besides, I can't rescind my American Ministry of Magic citizenship, I have it until I am fifteen then I become a citizen of the British Ministry until I fill out forms to stay with them and with the Muggle government, I have to prove to them yearly that I can look after myself which I do quite nicely"

Harry felt two more Compulsion Charms slam into his shields which would have likely buckled had he not taken precautions, Harry solidified the shields heavily and said "excuse me sir, you have given me quite a lot to think about"

Harry walked off and was inwardly roaring in rage 'did Dumbledore do this to me when I was younger? Did he actually scan my mind continuously and send Compulsions at me? I am so going to murder that smarmy prick when the time comes!'

Harry strode through the halls and eventually came to the Potions Lab; Harry shook his head at some of the pranks he planned on doing specifically for the Slytherin's and he smirked with a pure evil glint in his eyes that promised pain and humiliation, suddenly, memories of his life gone by flashed before his eyes.

Begin Flashback

Harry bent down to the lifeless body of his lover, best friend, fiancé and confidant, he held Hermione Granger in his arms and wept softly as he clasped her close to his body, he looked up to see Cho standing there with a pleased look on her face.

"You should have made love to me Harry, been with me, loved me, had you done this then none of this would have happened" she said with a seductive growl.

Harry stood up and growled before advancing on her and clasping his hands around her neck and squeezed tightly "you have no right to say that you whore" he whispered darkly "no right, she was always better and you could never take it"

Harry dropped her to the ground and pulled out his wand.

"Avada Kedavra" Harry whispered and Cho fell dead, Harry bent back down and picked up Hermione in his arms, tears flowing down his cheeks in sorrow.

(Scene change)

Harry looked at Hermione and bent down on one knee while puling out his mothers engagement ring, he shakily held it up and whispered "Hermione Granger, will you marry me?"

She gasped silently and nodded before raising her shaky hand for the ring to be placed on her finger, Harry placed it on and they embraced in the moonlit sands of Brazil.

(Scene change)

Harry stumbled into Hermione's apartment, broken, battered, bruised and bloody, his footprints of blood showing where he had been, Hermione screeched and made her way quickly to him, she pulled his arm over her shoulder and led him inside, just as she was about to speak, Harry muttered "it was an ambush, Neville and Luna were caught in the crossfire and were tortured"

Hermione froze, after a minute of silence, she asked softly "who did it?"

"You should know him, tall, lanky, blonde hair, face like a ferret, hold the infamous title of a bouncing rodent"

Hermione scowled slightly and said in a growl "Malfoy"

Harry nodded and coughed up a bit of blood before clasping his side.

(Scene change)

Harry looked down at Hermione in all her naked glory and kissed her lips softly "Hermione, I never noticed before, but you have really nice eyes"

She scowled at him and said in a whiny tone "you only just noticed?"

Harry shook his head "no, I was talking about before we hooked up together"

She smiled and kissed him with fervour then gripped his bum and puled him closer "you are mine now Potter, nobody can have you"

Harry grinned and kissed her with passion for a sleepless night together.

End Flashback

Harry groaned softly and opened his eyes to be greeted by the face of Hermione, Harry sat up and pulled her close, shivering slightly.

She looked at him worriedly and asked, "Harry, what's wrong? You were calling out my name, you are lucky the twins were about to pull a prank or Snape would have given you detention"

Harry nodded slightly and pulled her close to him and whispered "I have something to tell you Hermione, I..."

The Potions Lab door slammed open and Snape stormed in "what are you two doing in here?" he hissed menacingly.

Harry looked up and frowned "well sir, I was brewing a Potion when I collapsed for some unknown reason, I was just about to ask Hermione to help me up to get to the Hospital Wing"

Snape looked like he was sucking on a lemon as he tried to find a way out of it then finally sneered and said "thirty points from Gryffindor for breaking into a classroom out of school hours"

Harry raised an eyebrow and looked at his wristwatch "I still think it is within school hours sir, and this is a place where all extra curricular Potions activities are supposed to be done, correct?"

Snape gave a feral growl and hissed "get out, out, out now!"

Harry looked at Snape with slightly widened eyes before he stood and walked out while dragging Hermione with him, he came to a small alcove in an abandoned part of the dungeons that nobody had been past in the last decade if the dust and cobwebs were anything to go by, Harry pushed Hermione against the wall and held her hands above her head with one hand and stroked her face with his other, he kissed her lips softly then pulled back "I have something to tell you" he whispered softly.

Hermione's brow creased and she kissed his lips again with a fervour that Harry had seen only a few times "Harry, I have something to tell you as well" she said softly.

Harry let go of her hands and moved his body closer to hers, he leaned his head on her shoulder and said "I don't know how to tell you this Hermione, but..."

"You are from the future about nine years from now and I was pregnant and engaged to you in that time after nearly seven years of friendship?" Hermione questioned with a small smirk on her lips.

Harry nodded and frowned at her deeply then he pulled back "you knew? You knew and you didn't tell me?" he asked with wide eyes.

Hermione grinned at him "I knew who you were when we met in Diagon Alley, oh, by the way, Destiny says that I should tell you to be more covert when you act, you usually rush into things" she said with a smug tone.

Harry frowned then his eyes widened to the size of dinner plates and whispered "Hermione? Love, is that you?" she nodded and kissed him.

Harry held her in his arms "how did you..." she silenced him and placed her hand on his chest, he looked at her eyes and lost himself inside them.

Time passed, whether it was a few minutes or a few hours, both of them could not tell, Hermione looked up and said "when Cho used the Killing Curse, I was on my way to the Afterworld and was stopped by Destiny, he said that you had not reached yours and that you would need my help, he gave me a choice, if I was to go to the Afterworld, I was going to be waiting for a long time before I got back with you, but if I took the alternative, which was to go back in time to when I was one, I would be able to be with you again"

Harry moved to a seat and sat down, Harry looked at Hermione and sighed, "So, after all this time, you were playing around with me?"

She shook her head and moved closer then sat on his lap to look him in the eyes "Harry, I didn't know if it was you or if I had to wait for a few years more, you were supposed to come and take me away from my parents"

Harry thought for a few minutes before looking into her eyes "how long has it been since I met you in Diagon Alley that you have been here?" Harry asked with a hint of understanding.

Hermione frowned and counted for a bit "nearly nine years to the date I think, I arrived on the first of August when you and your parents were attacked by Voldemort"

Harry smirked, gave a few chuckles then fell into full blown laughter, Hermione looked at him, incensed that Harry wasn't telling her anything, she punched him on the shoulder and Harry gave a small yelp in surprise "Harry, tell me what is so funny" she demanded.

Harry smirked "Hermione, I arrived when I was about six, tell me, out of that time, how many years do you think I thought you were dead before I came here?"

Hermione frowned "I don't know Harry, I wasn't told anything beyond the fact that I would see you again soon"

Harry smirked again and said, "What is the magical properties of the number of three Hermione?"

Hermione recited quickly "it is an unequal number as well as a prime and the first prime number, it holds magical properties and the number three was used as the base number for the Time Turner, Floo powder and..." she trailed off and Harry smirked.

"And if you multiply the prime by its base opposite, what do you get?" Harry questioned with a smug air about him.

Hermione glared at him and said, "Harry, if what you think has happened..."

Harry held her hands in his "Hermione, we have effectively killed our past and set a new future to work with" he stated with a calm as if talking about the weather.

Hermione shifted slightly "but what about..."

Harry stopped her at that "yes, I know, I am keeping things as close as possible while staying out of Dumbledore's reach, I learnt that he is carving Neville into the weapon now that I am out of his clutches and plans on sending him after the stone"

"But Harry..." Hermione started but stopped when Harry pulled out the real stone.

"I found out that Dumbledore used the real stone and was planning on keeping it for himself once Neville or myself went after it, I just conjured a replica and sent it back into the mirror to find a way to mould one of us into a weapon he can control"

"But that means..."

"That he had the real Philosophers Stone inside the Mirror of Erised, planned to live a near immortal life, mould either myself or Neville into a weapon to fight Voldemort, break us down and have us under his will in any way possible to control us, use illegal means if need be and manipulate things as he wants? Yes, I suppose he is doing that" Harry answered for her with a small smile.

Hermione laid her head on his shoulder and leaned into his arms "Harry, you don't know how lonely it has been without you" she whispered in his ear.

Harry held her for a long time before answering "Hermione, I was always there, I was always watching you and making sure you were safe, I made it a point in my life to be with you for at least an hour a day"

Hermione went wide-eyed and stared at him "yeah, I did" Harry answered her unspoken question.

Hermione hugged him tightly and kissed him with fervour before relaxing into his arms.

(Scene break)

November came and with it, a blistering cold that Harry, who would be found muttering dangerously under his breath about Neville being an ignorant bastard and an arrogant prick which many people agreed with but would not do so openly because he was Dumbledore's favourite student, other than him, everyone was nervous about what broom Harry was riding and how he flew in a real match against Slytherin who was known for their dirty playing and brutal tactics that often times had one of the opposing team members in the Hospital Wing.

"Hey Potter!" Neville called out mockingly "I hope you have a good broom besides that rickety old Shooting Star you always ride from the school sheds, I myself have a Cleansweep Seven, the second best broom on the market"

Harry sniggered with Hermione who was holding in a string of giggles "Longbottom, you are probably the most arrogant, pig headed, egotistical morons I have ever met in my entire life, I could outrun you on one of the oldest school brooms even if you had a Nimbus 2000"

Everyone within hearing distance laughed loudly and Neville turned a dark magenta colour in his anger "SHUT UP POTTER! DIFFINDO!" Neville roared in fury and rage.

Harry drew his wand and deflected it with an almost lazy slash of his wand as he held Hermione's waist lovingly, the spell slammed into the wall and created a huge score of stone to be removed, Harry flicked his wand slightly and Neville flew into the air, landing five meters away then skidding for another ten, Harry looked up as McGonagall came running down the corridor and waited to be berated but watched amazingly as she flew past him and started berating Neville "guess you can get at least one stroke of luck Harry" Hermione commented.

Harry looked at her and kissed her cheek softly making her cheeks burn and the girls around him scowl disgustedly, their eyes alight with jealousy "I already had my good luck enough for the year with you Hermione" me murmured lovingly.

Her cheeks burned even more and she let out a small nervous titter of a giggle, Harry looked at her before kissing her lips fully and pulling her close earning envious sighs from the girls watching them, Harry broke the kiss and ran his toung along his lips "mmm, tastes like cherries and honey" Hermione broke from her glee and punched him in his shoulder earning a yelp from him.

By the time the Quidditch match day had arrived, Neville had gone from abusing him publicly to ambushing him in the corridors and flinging spells at him left and right in an attempt to take his position on the team, Hermione, being the vindictive woman she was, had employed the Weasley twins with a number of Galleons for products and services to make Neville's life a living hell and it was a common thing to see him waltzing around in a pink robe with the Hufflepuff symbol on his jacket making cawing sounds as the morning mail came in and randomly bursting into song throughout the day, on one occasion, he had been chased all over the castle by twenty suits of armour that announced their undying love for him and proposing to him, there was even one time when he had been stuffed into a ballerina costume and made to dance ballet with Filch who wore a pair of tights and they did the most impossible things like the splits, Neville had to be in the Hospital Wing for a week because of that, whether from humiliation or injury was anyone's guess.

On the day of the match, Harry was stabbing his bacon absently with his knife and was looking dreamily at Hermione who was reading a book "Harry, you have to eat" came Seamus' voice.

Harry looked around at Seamus and frowned "don' wanna" he said childishly.

Hermione rolled her eyes in frustration and huffed indignantly "Harry, eat or you won't be getting any snogging sessions from me for a week"

Harry raised an eyebrow and she blushed "I-I-I mean... uh... oh, just eat some food Harry" she said indignantly.

Harry chuckled, picked up a few pieces of bacon and walked out, Neville looked up from his food and grinned maliciously before walking out, wand in hand and a plot in his mind to get revenge on Harry for Cursing him so much over the past month.

Harry walked onto the Quidditch pitch with a piece of bacon hanging from his mouth as he looked around, he sensed Neville behind him but made no movement other than doing what he was doing, as Neville raised his wand, Harry ate the last bit of bacon and said "I wouldn't do that if I were you Longbottom, you have no chance of beating me, before that spell you have in mind leaves your wand, I will jump to the left in which you will send some arcane schoolboy spell at me which I will shield against, run towards you, punch you in the gut then kick you in the head and you will be the one to get detention and points taken off, not me"

Neville sneered darkly "what's your game Potter? How come you are so bloody special? I am Dumbledore's Apprentice and you are just some Mudblood loving ignorant fool who has a Mudblood plaything"

Harry raised his eyebrow "Hermione may be a Mudblood, but she is my Mudblood, you harm her in any way, and I mean any way, and you will find yourself speaking a few octaves higher than you are now worm"

Neville sneered then gave a malicious grin while pulling out a small sphere "at least I got you calling her a Mudblood on a Recording Sphere, what now Potter? Will you lose your filthy Mudblood girlfriend or give me the Seeker position?"

Harry turned and smirked when he saw a livid Hermione standing behind him "well, I would absolutely love to keep my girlfriend" Neville smirked in victory but Harry shook his head "but I would also suggest you start running for your life"

Neville looked at him questioningly and Harry pointed behind him where a red faced Hermione was standing, Neville flinched, dropped the orb and ran away in fear, Harry laughed to himself and walked over, he sent a Blasting Curse at the orb which shattered and looked at Hermione lovingly "you really are scary when you do that you know?" he said with amusement laced in his tone.

Hermione grinned and pulled him into a deep kiss before pulling away "Harry, while I think your methods of trying to straighten out Dumbledore and Neville are admirable, you need to stop Neville from going into the Third Floor corridor, he has found out about Fluffy and has connected it with the attempted break in at Gringotts"

Harry looked at her with a thoughtful expression and mentally cursed himself "well, I know that Neville would, being the overconfident lummox he is, attempt to do anything in exchange for trying to take back the spotlight, Dumbledore has never taken on an Apprentice and he was more famous than I was during the time I hid in Diagon Alley"

Hermione sat down on the grass and held up a flask of Pumpkin Juice "for the match, I remembered how dry it was today and how thirsty you were"

Harry took it and thanked her before tying the leather strap around his chest letting it hang loosely at his side, he frowned then held it up and looked at it then looked at her, silently questioning her as to what it was.

"I told my parents about you since I was three and grandfather said that he would gladly give you his flask and his acceptance if you were the one to capture my heart, it is his old Marine Corps flask"

Harry dropped it to his side and kneeled down to kiss her lips, she moaned softly and pulled him into the ground, rolled him onto his back and straddled him "now what are you going to do Mr Potter" she questioned with an air of superiority.

"I hope nothing too extravagant as the rest of the Professors and the students will be here at any moment" came a sarcastic voice that Harry and Hermione both dreaded, they turned to see Snape with Malfoy and Longbottom beside him, both sneering hatefully at him.

"Ahh, but Professor, I though that this would be the perfect time to baptise the grounds" Harry said in an all too happy tone that was far too innocent to be anything but condescending.

"Baptise Potter? Whatever are you spouting on about?" Snape said with a hate filled voice.

"Well, baptism means..." Hermione started but was shut up when Harry pinched her thigh causing to yelp.

"What I am trying to say sir," Harry said the last word in sarcasm "is that we would never think of doing anything on the pitch"

Hermione nearly gagged at that because their first time was on the Quidditch Pitch, Harry glared at her and she glared back before it became a staring contest, Snape coughed and they both looked at him with a glare then turned back to stare at each other, Snape scowled and swept away with Malfoy trailing behind, Neville took one last look at them, sneered and stalked off, after five minutes, both Harry and Hermione burst into laughter and held each other to steady themselves as they stood.

"Harry, you had best get ready for the match, it is nearly time"

"Yeah, I know"

"So, are you going to let Snape call off the Life Debt he owes your father?"

"No, I am going to make him suffer for a while"

"Harry..."

"I know, I know"

"Good"

"Demanding wench"

"What was that Harry?"

"Nothing dear" Harry mumbled,

Hermione kissed him lightly "I love you Harry" she said softly.

Harry kissed her in reply "I love you Hermione"

They parted and Harry strode into the Gryffindor locker room, every person on the team looked up at him and Harry raised an eyebrow "what's the matter?" Harry asked.

Fred and George moved aside to show a broken Nimbus 2000 on the floor "Neville Longbottom came in and searched your locker, took your Quidditch gear, slashed tour Quidditch robes and broke your broom" Wood said softly.

Harry burst out laughing and they all looked at him like he was insane, Harry, deciding to take pity on them, moved to his locker and lifted up the floor to reveal a small hole where all his things were stored "I conjured a replica broom and the robes, the gear was second hand stuff from Diagon that had lost their Charms and are now only useful as memorabilia"

Fred and George laughed hysterically, Wood looked like he was having all his birthday's and Christmas rolled into one and the three Chaser, Alicia, Katie and Angelina were laughing at the twins as they danced.

As Harry strode onto the pitch, Wood placed his hand on Harry's shoulder "listen Harry, just stay above the game and search for the Snitch, don't bother with anything but the Snitch, you got it?"

Harry shrugged in a non-committal manner and glanced up at the stands to see Neville fuming and complaining to anyone who would listen (which was nobody) that Harry didn't deserve to be on the Quidditch team, he glanced over the teachers stands and saw Quirrel looking at him intently and he mentally sighed 'this is going to be a blast' he thought tiredly.

In the centre of the pitch, Harry straddled his broom and waited for a few seconds before relaxing his muscles, Hooch blew the whistle and Harry shot into the air like a rocket, with all the speed he could muster on his Nimbus, he barrel rolled through the mess of Chasers which were already fighting over the Quaffle and kicked it to Angelina who caught it and flew down the pitch, with that, the Chasers charged down the pitch and Harry quickly glanced around, not seeing the Snitch, he rocketed upwards and the opposing Seeker, Alex Jenkins, shot after him, keeping at a reasonable pace for Jenkins to follow, Harry arced downwards and urged Jenkins to follow teasingly, doing this, Harry grinned and shot towards the floor with Jenkins close behind, Harry barrel rolled for effect and just before he hit the floor in the middle of a barrel roll, he shot across the pitch in a Sloth Grip roll to watch Jenkins slam into the ground with a sickening CRUNCH!

Harry rolled back onto his broom and shot down the length of the pitch before shooting into the air for the circling tactic the Wood had suggested, after a bit of searching, Harry just stopped and lazily watched the game.

For about half an hour, Harry had to constantly dispel the Jinxes placed on the broom by Quirrel each time it gave a wrong twitch in any way, it was during one of the Jinxes that Harry saw the Snitch, Harry frowned slightly 'either I dispel the Jinx or get the Snitch and break a few bones from the thirty foot fall' Harry thought to himself before letting the Jinx take effect.

The broom started bucking then he stood and jumped from the broom into a free fall and was closely followed by Jenkins who was pale, Harry closed his hand around the Snitch half way and quickly spun his robes around in an attempt to use the loose bits of fabric to slow his descent, Harry slammed into the floor and broke his left leg and right wrist but the Snitch was still firmly in his hand, Fred and George flew down and hovered over him as he rolled onto his back and coughed slightly "Merlin Harry" George said in wonder "you must have some skill to do something like that"

"Yeah Harry," Fred said in agreement "did you do that purposefully to throw off Jenkins?"

Harry shook his head and closed his eyes to sleep while hearing Fred give an exasperated "he catches the Snitch, breaks his leg and wrist and he wants to sleep!"

Harry was lifted up and taken to the Hospital Wing as Neville came up and said to Fred who was holding the broom "I'll take the broom up to his room, least I can do for Harry winning the match" Fred shook his head and walked off, not noticing the rage filled gleam in Neville's eyes.

(Scene Break)

Harry looked at Neville curiously as he opened his presents and noticed a brown package on the floor, Neville scooped it up and sneered at Harry "looks like you got no presents Potter"

Harry shrugged and held up a single platinum band ring and said "I have all I need in my heart Longbottom, I, unlike you, have the true gift of Christmas"

Neville stared at him dumbly "presents are all that matter"

Harry rolled his eyes and shook his head as he stood up, while standing, Harry noticed a glimmer in the package and waited there "not going to open your present Longbottom?" Harry questioned while inwardly thinking 'if that old fool gave him my fathers Invisibility Cloak...'

Neville gave a vicious sneer and said scathingly "maybe I want to save it for later Potter, it is none of your business what I do with it, I might even want to throw it out"

Harry rolled his eyes "what, you, an arrogant and greedy ponce, throw out something free? You must be mad, you could no more throw something out of yours even if I were to pay you five hundred Galleons, you are just a git with no brains, I can tell what that is you know"

Neville looked at him and asked resolutely "and what is it Potter?"

Harry smirked and said "I told the twins to give you a little Christmas cheer, I suppose that, since that is the only present left and it is in brown paper, there are a few... surprises in there"

Neville threw it at Harry and his face twisted in rage and loathing "I want no more trouble with you Potter, you should respect your betters" he gathered his presents and left with Harry holding onto the package.

As Neville left the Common Room, Harry opened the package and glared at it 'this is my fathers Invisibility Cloak, that manipulative bastard of an old man' he pulled out the note and read it silently:

Dear Neville,

This Invisibility Cloak should rightfully belong to Harry Potter but I am giving it to you, as you seem more worthy to have it, use it wisely.

A friend.

Harry seethed and promptly gave a low growl within his throat before wrapping it up and taking it to his trunk, Harry passed Neville along the way and smirked evilly "hello Longbottom, I would suggest that you stay away from the treacle tarts, the stuffed turkey and the sausages, they can cause indigestion you know" Harry then walked up leaving a bewildered Neville Longbottom behind.

Harry stopped at his trunk and unlocked it quickly, looking through it, Harry pulled out a Sneakascope and a Foe Glass, setting them aside, Harry rummaged through the bottom and pulled out his Invisibility Cloak, comparing the two, he switched them around and wrapped up the cloak in the paper then, with a wave of his wand, changed the plain brown paper into festive Muggle wrapping, he set it aside and shoved the new cloak into the trunk for use at a later time, Harry then closed the trunk and locked it heavily, standing up, Harry picked up the Sneakascope and the Foe Glass and pocketed them while tossing the package onto his bed, looking at the letter, he tore it up and smirked 'when Neville sees the package, he will take it and Dumbledore will never know the difference' he chuckled softly and made his way down to the Great Hall for lunch.

Harry passed Dumbledore and Neville on the way down the steps and saw Dumbledore was looking very irate, Neville looking flushed and embarrassed, Harry laughed openly at him as he made his way down and ducked a flying mince pie that Neville had in his hand, walking down, Harry entered the Great Hall and looked at the people who were talking to each other, finding nobody around worth speaking to, Harry sat down at the far end of the table and watched what was happening with the children, absently wondering how many of them would die if Harry didn't fight the war and left Voldemort to take over.

Shaking himself from these thoughts, Harry pulled a fruit pudding towards himself and spooned some onto his plate while watching the twins reactions, noticing their glimmering eyes, Harry shoved it aside for now and saw disappointment written across their faces, Harry shook his head and pulled out his wand, casting a Detection Charm, Harry saw traces of Potion laced within the pudding, Harry shook his head and laid his head on the table, he looked at Cho and Susan Bones who were talking animatedly together and Cho noticed him looking at her, blushed, turned away, told Susan and giggled lightly, Susan looked at him and Harry had the faint suspicion that, despite Amelia being her aunt and raising her, it just drove her to become a Death Eater out of spite, he wondered if she was harbouring darkness within her right now.

Cho walked over and sat next to him in his line of sight and asked flirtatiously "like what you see Harry?"

Harry looked at her and said, "Indeed, it is... acceptable"

Cho looked at him with a hurt expression "just acceptable?"

Harry closed his eyes "I am taken Cho, surely you have seen me and Hermione Granger together"

Cho nodded but had a sparkle of lust and greed in her eyes as she placed her hand on his forearm "well, if you ever decide to break up with her, I am always here if you need me"

Harry creased his brown but nodded and turned his head to face the Head Table where McGonagall was drunkenly stumbling around in her Tabby Cat Animagus form, Harry looked at the twins who grinned at him, Harry smirked and stood up while removing Cho's hand from his arm and stalked out of the Great Hall to the Owlery to send Hermione a message.

On Harry's way up the stairs to the Owlery, Harry noticed a flutter of displaced air and stopped, Harry closed his eyes and expanded his senses to hear a fast beating heart, Harry, who could find no other reason beyond that Neville had taken the old Invisibility Cloak he had laid out for the taking, opened his eyes and looked directly at the place where Neville's heart was beating faster and faster, Harry bent down and pulled out a handful of pebbles and set them onto the floor, thinking for a moment, Harry raised his wand and waved it slightly, sending spells at the pebbles, they grew miniature arms and legs and stood in a military formation, Harry pocketed his wand and whispered "go find the Weasley twins, look identical and have red hair with freckles, annoy them until you drop" they saluted and scuttled off with Harry smirking slightly at the pitter patter of little stone feet, Harry stood up and moved past Neville on his way to the tower, noticing that Neville was following him.

Reaching the Owlery, Harry wrote a few quick letters to the store owners at Diagon Alley and Tom the barkeep, Harry tied these to four separate school owls and watched them leave, turning around, Harry saw Dumbledore standing in the doorway "Merry Christmas sir, did you receive any good presents?"

Dumbledore's eyes narrowed slightly, and, if you were not knowledgeable about Dumbledore's expressions, you would easily overlook it "quite so Mr Potter, have you thought about the subject we discussed a few months ago?" he asked in a false grandfatherly tone.

Harry nodded "I have decided against it sir, I mean, nobody would really want to go out of their way to help an orphan child these days, and quite frankly, I would prefer to live by myself or someone I can relate to"

A Compulsion Charm his mental shields and Dumbledore said "how about Mr Longbottom then? I have seen you get along with him from time to time"

Harry mentally rolled his eyes and said, "I will think about that sir, I suppose it does warrant some looking into"

Another Compulsion Charm hit his shields and Harry blinked slightly "well then Mr Potter, I do hope you make a wise choice, Mr Longbottom and his grandmother would really help you out and be quite good for you"

Harry nodded in false acceptance and Dumbledore smiled cheerfully, and, with another Compulsion Charm, said in the same grandfatherly tone "I do hope you chose your friends wisely Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, Mr Longbottom and Miss Bones make excellent friends, Miss Granger however... I believe you should separate yourself from her for your own good"

Harry nodded and walked past Dumbledore "have a good day sir, and a Merry Christmas to you"

Dumbledore chuckled and said "and a Merry Christmas to you too Mr Potter"

Harry walked down the steps and felt a hand push him in the lower back sending him down the steps and into the floor, groggily, Harry opened his eyes as he propped himself up on the wall as Neville removed the Invisibility Cloak "next time Potter, you are dead" a fist slammed into his jaw and he fell to the side before a foot came to his chest, another came to his gut and Harry wheezed heavily as Neville walked off laughing.

..........................

Authors Note: Love it? Hate it? Got suggestions?

All Reviews are read and respected.

Hope you all like this chapter.

Next Chapter: Neville discovers the Mirror of Erised and Harry finds out what he wants!

Next post up soon,

Seth O. Blade.
Sign up to rate and review this story