Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk

Prologue

by NeoSuperBlissey 2 reviews

In the beginning of our adventure, Harry asks Ginny a life-altering question and visitors from the other side of the galaxy pay a visit!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Cho, Draco, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-14 - Updated: 2006-09-14 - 1135 words

0Original
Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk
A Harry Potter/Star Trek Crossover

By William Raymer

I do not own any of the Star Trek or Harry Potter characters used herein, and I never will. This story was written before the publication of /Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince/.

Prologue-
Stardate 57083.4
(Earth Standard-February 10, 2379)

In Sector 59 of the Gamma Quadrant of the Milky Way Galaxy is a planet remarkably similar to Earth of the early 21st century.

Known to the cartographers of the United Federation of Planets as Gamma Germanicus 7, the inhabitants of GG7 just call it "Earth."

On the "European" continent is a world-famous school for those known to show an aptitude for the magical arts. It is called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

To the inhabitants of Gamma Germanicus 7, it is the year 2008. More importantly for the students of Hogwarts, it was graduation day. And, for Hogwarts' most famous student, it was the day when he planned to ask the girl he loved a life-altering question.

Harry Potter smiled as he looked at his reflection in the mirror of the Gryffindor boys' washroom. Ron Weasley walked up to Harry. "Are you sure you wanna do this, Harry?" Ron asked. "I'm quite sure, Ron," Harry said. "Professor Dumbledore gave me a spell to put the ring on her finger if she says yes."

Colin Creevey came in the washroom, just as Harry said "the ring on her finger." "So, you're going to ask Ginny to marry you, eh?"

Harry nodded. "I've already asked Ron and Ginny's father for permission to marry her," Harry said. "He said it was all right."

Ron saw a fourth-year. "Kandagawa-san, please tell my sister that Harry and I want to see her in the common room." Mitsuru Kandagawa nodded, then left the washroom.

Meanwhile...

Captain's Log, /U.S.S. Titan/, Stardate 57083.434. We are entering the Gamma Germanicus system to conduct a detailed scan of the system. This will be Starfleet's first scientific mission in the Gamma Quadrant since the Dominion conflict began.

On the Bridge of the /U.S.S. Titan/, Captain William T. Riker and First Officer Commander Bianca Finch watched as the seventh planet of the Gamma Germanicus system grew on the viewscreen.

From the Ops console, Lieutenant Roxanne Kaneda said, "Humanoid life signs detected, sir. Population: approximately 2.5 billion. According to approach scans, the technology is equivalent to early 21st-century Earth. However, there are some indications of Federation technology on what would be the European continent."

Finch stood up from her chair. "Topographical map on screen," she commanded. On the viewscreen, a 3-D map of the area appeared. A voice from Riker's right spoke. "Will, I'm sensing a strong emotional imprint in that area," Counselor Deanna Troi-Riker said. "I would describe it as nervousness, tinged with anticipation."

Lieutenant Drefta Nihts, the Tactical officer (and a full Betazoid, unlike Deanna) nodded. "I feel it too, sir. The feeling is coming from a castle in the center of the area where the technology was detected. Since I am a full Betazoid, unlike Counselor Riker, I can use my sense of this feeling to locate this technology."

Riker nodded. "Finch, Nihts, Martinez, you'll be the away team. Until you find this technology, the Prime Directive applies."

As the Titan away team made their way to the transporter room, Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley were in the Gryffindor girl's washroom. "So, Hermione, are you and Harry going to the party after the ceremony?" Ginny asked. "You betcha," Hermione said.

A knock sounded. "Ginny-san, Harry and your brother want to see you in the common room," Kandagawa said. "Thanks, Mitsuru," Ginny said. "This won't take long."

Ginny came down the stairs into the Gryffindor common room. Harry and Ron sat on a couch. "G'morning, Harry. You are looking well," Ginny said. "You too," Harry said. He stood up and moved over to where Ginny stood.

"Ginny, we've been together for nearly six years. In that time, we've had a lot of ups and downs. What led me to decide to do what I am about to do was how you comforted me after Sirius died two years ago."

Harry pulled out his wand, took Ginny's hand in his free hand, and fell to one knee. "Ginny Ann Weasley, will you marry me?" Tears began to flow down Ginny's face as she said, "Yes! Yes, I'll marry you!" Harry smiled, placed the tip of his wand on Ginny's ring finger, then said the spell Dumbledore gave him: "/Ringu Active/."

Harry tapped the wand's tip on Ginny's ring finger. A gold and silver ring appeared on the finger. Harry and Ginny embraced.

On a mountain near Hogwarts, three towers of Federation transporter energy resolved into the Titan away team. Nihts turned to Finch. "Commander, I feel a new emotional imprint from the same source as before," he said.

"What is it?" Finch asked. Nihts closed his eyes for a moment, then reopened them. "Happiness and joy, sir." A single tear fell down Nihts' face.

"Tricorder scans have detected the Federation technology in a cavern under that castle," Ensign Renee Martinez, an Engineering crewperson said, pointing to Hogwarts Castle.

Finch tapped her commbadge. "Finch to /Titan/. Captain, we've located the technology. We're going in to investigate." "/Very well/," Riker said. "Titan, /out/."

Back at Hogwarts, Harry and Ginny kissed. Ron and Hermione smiled. The doors to the Common Room opened, revealing Professor (and Hogwarts' deputy headmistress) Minerva McGonagall. "Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, come with me. Professor Dumbledore wants to see you."

Headmaster/Professor Albus Dumbledore looked at Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny as McGonagall led the foursome into his office. "Thank you, Minerva," Dumbledore said. "You may go." McGonagall nodded, then left.

Dumbledore looked back at Harry and Ginny. "Before I begin, I assume congratulations are in order?" Harry smiled, while Ginny held up the hand her engagement ring rested on. Dumbledore smiled.

"I'm going to have to postpone the graduation festivities. Slytherin Tower has reported Muggles in the vicinity of Hogwarts. I'm assigning you four and Mr. Malfoy to investigate. Be careful," Dumbledore said as Harry and his friends turned to leave. "I want to be able to see you two walk down the aisle." Dumbledore pointed to Harry and Ginny.

Just outside Hogwarts' main doors, the Gryffindor Four met up with their most hated rival, Draco Malfoy. "See here, Potter," Malfoy said. "If Dumbledore wants us to work together, we will. But, know this: I will be in no way involved with your Mudblood wedding."

Ginny pointed her wand at Draco's throat. "You see here, Malfoy. If you ever, ever use that vile word around any of us ever again, I will personally take a bite out of your Adam's apple! Clear!" Draco nodded. "Let's go," Harry said.

To be continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story