Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk

Chapter 1: "When Worlds Collide"

by NeoSuperBlissey 1 review

This time, the Gang of Five make First Contact with the Federation and a secret is revealed regarding Starfleet's greatest officer! (Remember: this story IS NOT HBP compliant.)

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Cho, Draco, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-15 - Updated: 2006-09-15 - 1140 words

-1OOC

Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk

Chapter 1:
"When Worlds Collide"

The Titan away team continued to search for the source of the Federation technology. Nihts gasped. "What is it?" Finch asked. "The emotional imprint I sensed earlier has changed location," Nihts said. "Confirmed," Martinez said. "Five humanoid life signs, headed this way." "Set phasers to stun," Finch said.

Harry and Hermione led the fivesome from Hogwarts as they looked for the Muggles. "There they are," Hermione said. Draco lunged forward, his wand at the ready. He soon found himself on the business end of a phaser blast from the Titan away team.

A few moments later, Draco came out of the stun effect. He heard Harry talking to the woman who shot him. "Ah, Mr. Malfoy. You're up," Dumbledore said. "Who are they?" Draco asked. The leader nodded. "I am Commander Bianca Finch, executive officer of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Titan. Our government has detected elements of our technology on this planet. We were sent here to investigate. I want to speak to the head of your government regarding the further investigation of this matter." Dumbledore nodded, then turned to Ron and Hermione. "Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger, go and fetch Minister Fudge." Ron and Hermione nodded, then left.

A few minutes later, Ron and Hermione returned to Dumbledore's office, Cornelius Fudge in tow. "Commander Finch, may I introduce Cornelius Fudge, our Minister of Magic," Dumbledore said. Fudge bowed. "Hello, Commander. I've been waiting to speak to you. One of the prisoners at Azkaban Prison repeatedly muttered 'NCC-1701-A' in his sleep last night. Does that mean anything to you?"

"That's the registry number of the last ship commanded by James T. Kirk, one of Starfleet's greatest officers!" Martinez said. "Minister, are you saying that something related to the Enterprise-A is on this planet?" Finch said. "Yes," Fudge said. "Our own excavators dug these up." Fudge dug through his satchel, retrieving two objects: a piece of metal with a hundred-year-old Starfleet insignia and a communicator from the same period. Finch looked at Fudge. "Take me where you found those," she said.

An excavation crew from the Ministry of Magic was already digging up soil and debris as the Titan away team, Fudge, Dumbledore and the Gang of Five approached. "Minister, we've located the object that the Azkaban jailers reported the prisoner mentioning," the team leader said. Finch saw the object, then tapped her commbadge. "Finch to Titan/. Captain, we've found the source of the technology trace. It is the intact saucer section of a refit-configuration /Constitution/-class starship." "/A /Constitution/-class? Are there registry colors?" Riker asked. "Yes, sir. Are you sitting down?" Finch asked. "Yes," Riker said. "What do they say?" "/NCC-1701-A/," Finch said. "/U.S.S. Enterprise/."

On the other side of the galaxy, the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E entered orbit of Viridian III, the planet where her predecessor, the Enterprise-D/, met her fate. Captain Jean-Luc Picard looked at the person seated at the Ops console. Lieutenant Starsa Taran was no Data, but she was a competent replacement. "Report," Picard said. Taran checked her boards. "We have reached standard orbit, sir. Transporter Room 4 reports that Ambassador Spock is ready to transport to the Kirk internment site," she reported. It had been 8 years since the events surrounding the destruction of the /Enterprise-D and the death of James T. Kirk. "Energize when ready," Picard said. A few moments later, Starsa reported, "Ambassador Spock is on the surface, sir." Then, a beeping sound caught Starsa's attention. "Captain, you're receiving a communique from Starfleet Command. Admiral Janeway wants to speak to you." "I'll take it in the Ready Room," Picard said as he left the Bridge.

"Captain, I've just recieved a communique from Deep Space 9," Admiral Kathryn Janeway said. "The /Titan has located the intact saucer section of a refit Constitution/-class starship on Gamma Germanicus 7, in the Gamma Quadrant. The away team is going to attempt to repair the saucer and fly it off the planet." Picard took a sip of his Earl Grey tea. "Why are you calling me, Admiral?" Picard asked. "The saucer is from the /Enterprise-A/, which was lost near Chal 85 years ago/," Janeway said. "/Since Ambassador Spock is on board, maybe he could be of some assistance. As soon as he is back on board, you are to proceed to the Gamma Quadrant and the Gamma Germanicus system to render any aid and assistance which the /Titan and the authorities on GG7 may require. Good luck, Jean-Luc. Janeway, out/." Picard pressed a button on his monitor. "Helm, set course for Deep Space 9 as soon as Ambassador Spock is aboard. Warp 6. Engage."

A few minutes later, Spock entered the Ready Room. "Captain Picard, I consider you a logical man. My father must have also, for him to have melded with you. So, please listen to what I have to say with an open mind," Spock said as he moved over to the viewport. "On Viridian III, I felt Captain Kirk. It didn't come from the cairn of rocks I stood over. I have reason to believe that Captain Kirk is alive."

Back on Gamma Germanicus 7, Finch stood on the Bridge of the Enterprise-A saucer, which was restored to full power. Martinez turned to Finch. "Sir, I don't think we can get this saucer in the air without help," she said. A voice from behind Finch startled her. "We'd like to volunteer." Finch wheeled around and saw Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Draco. They wore uniforms from the time of the /Enterprise-A/, but kept their house color scarves around their necks. "Alright," Finch said. "Harry, take Mission Ops. Hermione, take Navigation. Ron, take the Helm. Draco, take Science. Ginny, take Communications. We will attempt take-off in six hours. Take the time to familiarize yourselves with your stations." The fivesome went to their assigned stations and set to work.

Will the Gang of Five get the saucer in the air?

That's a question best left for next time...

To be continued...

A few reference notes:

I was inspired to write this story after seeing a short film produced by the "Bring Back Kirk" campaign, which is a crusade to resurrect James T. Kirk in a post-"Star Trek: Generations" TV episode or feature film. You can download the film by going to my website (see my profile) and clicking on the "Bring Back Kirk" buttion on the homepage.

Since CBS Studios (owners of the "Star Trek" license) does not consider the "Star Trek: Titan" series of novels canon, and since I have not read any of the "Titan" novels, I have decided to create my own crew.

Lieutenant Starsa Taran was not created by me; rather, the character was created by author Peter David for his Pocket Books "Star Trek" novel, /The Best and the Brightest/.
Sign up to rate and review this story