Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk

Chapter 2: "Graduation"

by NeoSuperBlissey 0 reviews

Will the Gang of Five be able to help the Titan away team get the Enterprise-A saucer off GG7? The answers are inside...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Cho, Draco, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-17 - Updated: 2006-09-17 - 767 words

0Unrated

Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk

Chapter 2:

"Graduation"


On the Bridge of the Enterprise-A saucer, the Gang of Five and the Titan away team were ready to try and take the saucer off the ground. "We're all set, sir," Nihts said. "Very well," Finch said. "Mr. Weasley, prepare for orbital insertion. Take us up at 1/10 impulse." Ron nodded. "Aye, sir," he said. The Bridge began to vibrate as the impulse engines lit up. The vibration eased as the saucer escaped the confines of its "grave." "We're airborne," Ron said. "Speed is 1/10th impulse." "Miss Granger, set course to rendezvous with the /Titan/. Miss Weasley, when we†re within range, hail the /Titan/." "Yes, ma' am," Hermione said. "Standing by," Ginny said.

On the Bridge of the Titan, Riker's jaw dropped when he saw the Enterprise-A saucer on the viewscreen. Lieutenant Kaneda reported, "Sir, we're being hailed by the Enterprise-A saucer." "On screen," Riker commanded. "/Greetings from the /Enterprise-A," Finch said. "/We're ready to dock with the /Titan."

As the Enterprise-E entered orbit of Gamma Germanicus 7, Picard saw the Titan/Enterprise-A saucer combo in orbit. "Captain, the Titan is hailing us," Taran reported. "On screen," Picard ordered. Captain Riker appeared on the screen. "Hello, Jean-Luc/," Riker said. "Hello, Will. It is good to see you again," Picard said. "So, I see you've found what Starfleet sent us for." Riker nodded. "/So, what's to become of the saucer?" "Well," Picard said, "as we speak, the surplus yard at Qualor II is preparing a refit-configuration /Constitution/-class stardrive section for transport to DS9, where we'll mate it to the saucer."

From out of viewer range, a Titan crewperson said, "Captain, Commander Finch reports that the Hogwarts students are ready to transport back to Hogwarts for the graduation ceremony." "Very well/," Riker said. "/Transport when ready." Riker turned back to the screen. "We'll begin the trip back to DS9 as soon as the graduation ceremony is complete. /Titan/, out."

Back at Hogwarts, Harry and Ron headed to the graduation ceremony, while Hermione and Ginny headed to get dressed. "Are you and Harry going to join us when we go to Deep Space 9, whatever that is?" Hermione asked Ginny. "Of course I am," Ginny said. "I am engaged to Harry now."

Down in the Great Hall, Harry and Ron sat with the other Gryffindor graduates as Draco approached. "Harry, I do not like you," Draco said. "But, I am enough of a human being to congratulate you and Ginny on your engagement. When you four go to this Deep Space 9 that I heard Commander Finch mention, Crabbe, Goyle and I will stand by you." "Uh, thanks, Draco," Ron said. Cho Chang, a Hufflepuff and former girlfriend of Harry's, walked up to them. "Harry, I still love you, despite your engagement to Ginny. I've rounded up some Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws who have volunteered to help you," Cho said. "But, out of respect to Ginny, I will not go." Ginny and Hermione walked up to where Harry, Ron, Draco and Cho were sitting. "Cho, we need all the help we can get," Hermione said. "Yes, please help us," Ginny said.

Cho thought for a minute, then nodded. "Now that you mention it, if we have the top students of all four houses on the ship you found, the mission you are going on will be an enormous success," Cho said. "I'll join you."

As soon as the graduation ceremony was complete, the transport of the crew's goods began. As Harry prepared to leave Hogwarts for what he thought would be the final time, he ran into Professor Sybil Trewlawny. "Professor Trewlawny!" Harry exclaimed. "Will this be the last time I'll leave Hogwarts?"

Trewlawny closed her eyes for a moment, then reopened them. "Of course as a student, this is the last time," she said. "But, you will return." "Mr. Potter!" a voice exclaimed. Harry looked over and saw Commander Finch, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Cho and Draco. "The Titan is ready for departure," Finch said. "Good luck, Harry," Trewlawny said. "Thanks, Professor," Harry said. He ran to join his friends and allies.

In the transporter room on the /Titan/, the Hogwarts gang met the man who would lead them on the mission to come. "Harry, ladies and gentlemen, this is Ambassador Spock. He'll brief you on this mission," Finch said. "Follow me, please," Spock said. As Spock led Harry and the others out of the transporter room, Finch said to herself, "The fate of the galaxy may depend on those kids. God help us all."

The mission begins next time.

To be continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story