Categories > Games > Pokemon > (Ferriswheelshipping) Awakened Emotions

Chapter 25

by eremika0000 0 reviews

Chapter 25 of Awakened Emotions!

Category: Pokemon - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-12-18 - 2564 words

0Unrated
“You're right, she can't be too far… Let's go find her!” N attempts to calm himself, his voice cracking at the end with his perpetual sanity. He definitely couldn't stay calm in this situation. He wanted to tell himself that she was probably nearby, and that she wouldn't have been able to get very far with her injuries. But, he didn't know. The only thing he had to go on was her little footprints in the sand that led into the unknown and eery looking jungle.

Pulling himself together mentally, N dashes abruptly into the jungle, the branches slicing at his face and appendages. Steven calls his name, but N is already taking off. He keeps his eyes peeled desperately for a sign of her fluffy brown hair.

“WHITE!” He screeches, his anguished cry ringing throughout the jungle. He stands still for a moment, listening for any sort of response. The only thing he hears is the soft waves of the distant ocean, and the bugs chirping in the night. Tears of frustration and despair prick at the corners of his eyes and flow quickly down his cheeks like little rivers.

Suddenly, he hears footsteps. His entire body clenches in relief, and he hopes it is White who had heard his call. He turns around, knowing that was where he had heart the soft steps. He is greeted with the sight of a rather bedraggled looking Steven. His entire body sags with disappointment, and he takes off in the opposite direction without another glance at the other man.

N continues to dash throughout the jungle aimlessly, searching for any sort of disarray that could hint at her presence, or at least prior presence. He wanted anything. A hint, a trail, a torn piece of clothing, it didn't matter. He needed something to find her.

After a much longer time of searching, he feels something wet upon his face. He looks down quickly, seeing that his feet were covered in blood. He realizes in slight surprise that he must have lost his shoes at some point along the search and was too distracted and determined to notice. The blood seeps from the various large gashes on his heel, painting the grass on the ground a vivid red. He dully notes that it hurts, but decides that the wound will not hinder his search. He continues onwards on his fruitless search, desperately whipping his head around for any sort of clue. His entire body felt like it was on fire from all the scratches he retained from running so fast in the branches, but he also felt numb at the same time. It was a strange sensation.

Suddenly, a sight for sore eyes. But not a particularly good sight. Upon a low hanging leaf of a tree, N had noticed a large glob of blood upon it. It looked to be relatively new, and in the process of drying.

N hopes that the blood was not White's, or that even if it was, that she could at least be not too seriously injured. The blood smear seemed to draw towards the north of the jungle, the path of the smear growing lighter towards that direction, indicating the person or animal had continued onwards from that point. N continues down the path, keeping his eyes peeled. His heart beats at what feels like a million miles a minute. He was scared, skittish, and absolutely strained. His mind was already painting the worst images of what could have happened to White now that he found this blood trail. His mind formed images of her broken body laying lifeless on the jungle floor, and tears continue to slip down his eyes as he trudges forward through the bushes.

As he continued north, he found more blood. There was a bit more this time, but not an abnormal amount. It was on the ground smeared on a large fallen stick. He knew he was getting closer to something, he just didn't know what. It could be a ravenous wild animal, or it could be an injured White. He increases his already exhausted pace, diving past the vivid green leaves and trying to avoid the branches to go faster. It wasn't the fear of a possible ravenous animal awaiting that scared him, it was the thought of White's crumpled body upon the dirt, lifeless and cold. He couldn't let that happen.

And then, he finally found the source of blood. Lying only a few feet away from a small and quiet pond, White was laying face down with her head upon a rock, blood smeared all over it. She seemed to be unconscious. N runs to her, dropping to his knees and lifting her up and away from the rock, cradling her in his arms. He prays to himself in hopes that she had just suffered a little bump and hadn't injured herself beyond repair. She didn't stir as he lifted her up, which concerned him even more. He pressed his ear to her chest, desperately making sure she is still breathing.

In that moment while he waited for her to breathe, it felt like the most intense thing he had ever experienced in his life. That moment that decided whether she had fallen to the other side or was holding on to life, it was the most worried and upset he'd ever been. By now, he could hardly see anything because of the tears blurring his vision. Finally, he was granted salvation. Her chest slowly rises as she takes in a shallow breath, and then exhales after a few moments. She was breathing rather slowly, even for being unconscious, but she was alive. N holds in her arms softly, his tears dripping onto her clothing rather messily. He was so relieved that she was alive, and he felt so grateful that things hadn't ended up worse.

“N! You found her!” Steven appears from the thick bushes of the jungle, running over to them, stopping a few inches a way to lean over and catch his breath. He appeared to have run extremely fast, and seemed like he was going to pass out at any moment. He collapses onto his knees after a moment, looking to White in concern. “She doesn't look too good...” He whispers, noticing all the blood and dirt on her head, as well as her unhealthily looking white complexion and shallow breaths.

N looks down at White, his mood quickly taking a downturn as he gets over the euphoria of finding her, and is now thinking about the condition she is in. “It will be hard to get her back to our camp on the beach while she's sleeping… We should stay here for the night so she can rest, and we can also drink and eat here. I'll try to clean her up a bit...”

“It sounds good, but what if people come to find us and they can't because we aren't on the beach?” Steven argues, making a valid point.

N shakes his head. “We aren't that far, and we'll make sure to leave early in the morning. We all need some food and water, and White needs rest. I'm worried that she might be in a sort of coma since she hit her head. I hope she wakes up… She also needs water…” N continues to worry about her, gently pushing her hair off her forehead, revealing all the blood and dirt. He makes his way to the pond, and begins to unbutton his white shirt.

Steven raises an eyebrow, weirded out and confused. “N… Why are you taking your shirt off?”

N was seemingly unfazed by the question, and continues about his task of undoing the buttons, and then slips out of the thin garment. He kneels down, tearing off a part of the sleeve, and then wads both of the fabrics into the water. He promptly sits back up, heading towards White. Steven watches in confusion, wondering why he was stripping and messing with his shirt.

N kneels next to White. He takes the wet piece of white shirt sleeve that he had torn off and begins to gently clean the blood and dirt from her forehead. He was upset to see that after he had cleaned away the blood and dirt, that her large cut across her forehead had started to bleed profusely again. He had expected as much, which is why he had taken off his shirt. He gently lifts her into his lap, and ties the white button up around her head as a bandage. It seemed to look like a strange bandana after he was done. But only a few moments later, her blood was already soaking through the thin material, staining the shirt a deep red.

N was worried that the shirt wouldn’t be enough to absorb all the blood, but luckily, a few moments later, the red gradually stopped spreading from the garment, indicating that the wound had started to close up. N breathes a sigh of relief. Despite being extremely thirsty and hungry, he didn’t head to the pond for bananas or water. He knew it would be more comfortable for White if he let her sleep on his lap rather than the dirty and uncomfortable jungle floor.

He could see the difference in her when he laid her on his lap anyways. Her breathing seemed to even out a bit more, and her expression seemed less in pain. As White slept, N stares down at her with a little grin. He was so happy that her wounds weren’t as bad as they first seemed, and things seemed to be looking up a little for them. At least they had a small water source for now as well as food, so they could survive a few more days till they could get off the island.

After a few moments of silence, Steven gets off his knees, heading towards the pond. He leans over the water, dunking his face in desperately and taking a bunch of big gulps of water. He felt like he’d never drank before, and he spent around an entire minute just lapping up the water sort of like a dog would. After he finishes, he promptly heads towards the little banana trees. Luckily, the banana trees were rather short, so he was able to reach them just barely by jumping. But sadly, the bananas weren’t completely ripe and were more green than yellow, but Steven definitely didn’t care. He was starving. He was sad to find that upon closer inspection, there weren’t as many bananas as he thought there were. There were only 7 on that tree, and he didn’t see any others nearby. Being that they were all hungry and hadn’t eaten anything in over a day, 2 bananas each wasn’t enough, but it was better than nothing and would hold them over for a while longer. He picks off all the bananas, and backs to N.

He hands over White’s share of bananas to N as well as N’s own share. N’s eyes light up at the sight of food, and he eagerly rips into the banana with his teeth, opening it up and wolfing it down like he’d never eaten before. N hadn’t noticed just how hungry he was until he had sat down for a while and started to relax. He quickly finishes his 2 bananas, and leave White 3 for when she wakes up, thinking she would need the larger portion since she was recovering.

Steven finishes his bananas as well, and he looks over to N in confusion. “Aren’t you gonna drink some water? It’s really good, actually. I expected it to be dirty and weird, but it’s not.”
N shakes his head. “I don’t want White to be uncomfortable. I’ll get some water once she wakes up.” He looks down at her,his mouth forming into a little smile as he slowly pets her head lightly in her sleep with tender care.

Steven watches the exchange unfold with curious eyes. He knew he and White definitely didn’t have a chance, especially considering how close she was with N. He was surprised by the selflessness of their relationship and how much they were willing to do for each other. He hadn’t seen anything like it before. He knew N was willing to do this much for White. He knew he would sacrifice his comfort, his thirst, his hunger, and his time just to make sure that she could sleep more comfortably. He knew he would do more for her if he could. Not only that, Steven also knew that White would do the same for N if their situation was reversed. Despite Steven being infatuated with White, a small smile grows up his lips. He was a bit envious of them, but also happy that they had such a bond.

“You really do care for her, don’t you?” Steven whispers, nearly inaudible.

N looks at Steven as if he had asked a silly and pointless question. “I love her…” N continues to look down lovingly at White in his arms as she slept.

“You’re a lucky man, you know.”

“I know I don’t deserve her, but if she wants me to be her side, then I’ll be more than happy to do so. I don’t want to see her sad…”

Steven nods, understanding the feeling. But he couldn’t help that he wished White would want him by her side instead of N, even though he knew it would never happen.

It had been nighttime for a while now, and the pair were entirely exhausted and deadbeat from the day. They had spent the entire day running around the jungle, only to come back to their camp for a break and have to run around some more to find White. It only took a few minutes before they had both dozed off. Steven slept while leaning against a jungle tree, his arms crossed over his chest. N did the same upon another tree, but kept White in his arms, and she slept while leaning upon his chest like it was a pillow.

Later…

The extremely loud sound of air whirring and blowing awoke N from his uncomfortable slumber. He quickly opens his eyes, confused at the foreign sound. His half awake mind registered it as a threat as first, nd his heart starts to beat faster in fear. As he continues to listen, he realizes that it sounds less like a dangerous sound and more like the sounds of an aircraft, probably a helicopter.

“Steven!” N hisses out, awaking the other man with his urgent tone. “Do you hear that? I think someone’s coming to help!”

Steven wakes up out of sleepy trance quickly, abruptly standing up and peering into the sky towards the ocean. Sure enough, a small dot was approaching them along the horizon, growing larger every second. It was definitely a helicopter.

“We have to get their attention or they might miss us!” Steven yells, quickly running towards the shore.

However, the helicopter looked more like it was going west of them rather than straight at them. The pair could only hope that it would see them in time.
Sign up to rate and review this story