Categories > Games > Pokemon > (Ferriswheelshipping) Awakened Emotions

Chapter 26

by eremika0000 0 reviews

Chapter 26 of Awakened Emotions!

Category: Pokemon - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-01-09 - 2041 words

0Unrated
"Steven! Go get their attention! I'll stay and protect White." N orders hastily, but Steven was already running off towards the shore and the sounds of the helicopter before he had even finished his sentence.

As Steven dashes through the tropical trees, N worriedly looks down at White to see if she was showing any signs of consciousness. To his dismay, she seemed to be no more awake then she was the previous night, and she still didn't look healthy at all. He had greatly hoped that she had merely passed out and not slipped into a coma, but it seemed more and more like she was in a coma as time went on. He holds her hand and squeezes them softly as he prays to himself that Steven would be able to catch the attention of the helicopter. White needed medical attention as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Steven reaches the shoreline and begins to desperately screech in hopes that the helicopter pilot would be able to hear them. The aircraft was veering in the opposite direction of their island and towards another one, but luckily, it was going rather slow, and Steven was able to catch up with it after a while of sprinting with everything he had.

Steven screams and screams as loud as he could, continuing to chase the helicopter. His throat burned and he could feel his voice leaving him, but he couldn't give up just yet. The helicopter picked up in speed, and Steven could barely keep up. He nearly tripped a few times, but continued to scream for help. His efforts seemed fruitless for the longest time, but finally, his attempts were realized. The helicopter abruptly stops midair, and begins a quick descent towards the sand below. Steven hastily backs away to avoid being crushed, and a victorious but exhausted smile makes its way upon his face as he falls to his knees in an attempt to catch his breath.

The helicopter gently plops and lands on the sand, the metal rotor creaking and halting to a stop. A young and dark skinned man promptly leaps from the vehicle, quickly approaching Steven. "Mr. Stone! We have been looking everywhere for you! Are you alright?"

Steven was sure he didn't look alright, since he had various gashes from the branches of the forest and his clothes were completely torn up. He also felt like complete crap, but it didn't matter to him at the moment. "I'm fine. I was with two other friends who are nearby in the forest. We are all hungry and thirsty, but one of my friends had a head injury and still hasn't woken up. She needs help right away!" He explains quickly, his words nearly jumbled together. The younger man nods in agreement, and Steven leads him into the forest where he had left N and White behind.

The pair find N and White, whom were still cuddled together under a tropical tree. It seemed White still hadn't roused from her slumber, even with the loud noises from the earlier helicopter. His eyes narrow in concern and he approaches them. N notices that help seemed to have found them, and his eyes light up as he realizes that they would be saved.

Later…


Where… Am I?

White feels like her entire body was under the weight of a huge slab of concrete, and she could hardly breathe. Her eyes felt like they each had a thousand pounds on top of them preventing them from opening. She felt like she was swimming in and out of consciousness, like she was going back and forth between underwater and the air. All of her senses were dulled, but she could feel a throbbing pain on her forehead as well as burning in her throat. Finally, she hears a familiar voice in the endless darkness that she was casted in. Since she was unable to see anything or move a single muscle, the voice reverberated throughout her. It was N's voice, and he sounded very upset and traumatized.

"I should have found her sooner… I shouldn't have left her alone no matter the circumstances…" N was sobbing deliriously, his voice cracking at the end. White's heart broke at the sound of his pain, and she wanted to pull him into her arms and tell him everything was fine, but she was unable to move a single muscle no matter how hard she tried.

"If I had just been a bit faster, I might have been able to save her… What if she never wakes up?"

It hurt White to know that he was blaming himself for her own mistake, and tears of frustration and sadness prick the corners of her eyes, and she was a bit relieved that she was finally able to control one part of her body. She hoped N would notice her small response so that he would know that she was there with him mentally, even if she wasn't physically.

White hears N gasp quietly, and she hopes he has realized her tears. A strong and warm hang envelopes her own, and she manages to twitch her lips the slightest bit in happiness.

"White… You can hear me, can't you? I hope you can. I love you… Please get better, or I don't know what I'll do…" He squeezes her hand softly. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to help…"

She wanted to tell him to stop being an idiot and blaming himself for everything, and she wanted to hug him and tell him everything was fine, but she found her consciousness and awareness slipping away from her as she enters the comatose state again.

N had stayed by White's side at the hospital for the entire week she had been in her coma. After being rescued by the helicopter, White was immediately rushed to a hospital because of malnutrition and what appeared to be a coma from her injury, and was hooked up to an IV and various machines. It had broken N's heart to see her in such a state, and Steven was upset as well. Steven had stayed the first day in the hospital with N and White, but had to leave that night to return to his father to help with a company meeting. Around that time, N had been upset the entire day, sobbing over her condition. He had merely thought she had a minor head injury and had passed out, and he expected her to wake up after a day and to be just fine. Although there was nothing he could have done, he felt terrible and had begun to blame himself for the circumstance. Around that time, it was as if White had known he was blaming himself and grieving, as she started to cry despite still appearing to be in a coma, and she even managed a little smile.

However, after that, N had talked to her the entire day in hopes to give her company and hoped it would help spur her from her coma, since it appeared that at that point, she had been self aware. However, he was no longer able to get any sort of reaction from her at all, and he was growing more and more depressed, feeling like a zombie himself. The hospital staff brought him meals since he refused to leave White's side. They tried to kick him out at night, but he refused. The staff pitied him, and decided he wouldn't do harm to stay overnight. For the week she had been in the coma, he had slept rather uncomfortably with his head propped on the bed and his body seated in a chair that he had pulled up next to the hospital bed.

The prognosis was rather unpredictable for White. The hospital staff was surprised that she had even entered a coma in the first place, since the head injury wasn't exactly life threatening, although it was still serious nonetheless. It was believed to be the combined issues of malnutrition, stress, exhaustion, and her injury which caused her body to go into shock and then a coma. N frequently inquired from the doctors, hoping to learn all he could. They told him that if she didn't wake up past the first week, it was unlikely that she ever would. N had needlessly begged them of anything that could be done for White, but the doctors said there wasn't much. The only thing they recommended that he could do was to continue to visit her and talk to her, since familiar things might cause her awaken.

N continued to to just that, visiting every single day and talking to her about various things, telling her various amusing stories that he had heard from different Pokemon he had met. After she continued to lay unresponsive, N decided he would try something else. During the beginning of their vacation on the cruise, White had complained of not being able to bring out her Pokemon and spend time with them, since the cruise ship prevented any Pokemon aboard due to safety precautions, and they were all to be left in their Pokeballs in their rooms. N bitterly began to think of just how much could have been avoided if he had simply brought along his Pokeballs when they went on the helicopter. They would have been completely fine, but most importantly, White would be fine. It frustrated N beyond means at how easily everything could have been fine, if only he had made a single different decision.

After pulling himself out of his mental despair, he determinedly decides that White needed him right now, and that thinking of what could have been different would only waste time. Although the hospital probably wouldn't like N bringing out his Pokemon in the hospital room, nothing mattered more to him now than helping White out of her coma, and to hell with the rules. He'd On a side note, N also had missed his Pokemon in the last few days. Usually, if he was very busy, he would let them out of their Pokeballs at least a few times a day to spend time with him. He hated leaving them in their Pokeballs, but his Pokemon always reassured him that they were fine with it. Steven had returned N's and White's Pokeballs from the cruise ship, and N currently had them all in his possession.

Lucky for N, the day was drawing to a close, and most hospital workers were leaving. This would make it easier for him to get away with bringing out the Pokemon with no one noticing, as long as they kept the noise down.

N calls out almost all the Pokemon, with the exception of the dragons, since they were too big. He decided he would spend time with the legendary dragons later, since it was impossible now. With 10 Pokemon in the room, it was incredibly crowded, despite the room being very spacious in the beginning.

All of White's Pokemon had been in an immediate panic upon seeing their master's condition, but N quickly explained the situation and how they needed to remain quiet or would be caught. N's own Pokemon had practically trampled on him from missing him so badly, and he couldn't help but let out a few laughs as his Archeops pulled him into an awkward feathery hug.

After N had quickly explained White's predicament to all of the Pokemon, they all surround her bed, looking worried and distressed.

White's Serperior had slithered over to her bedside and layed its head upon her tummy, letting out a small upset whine. Her Cinccino had crawled onto her bedside and was currently laying on top of her legs, making quiet unhappy noises as well. The rest of White's Pokemon huddled close, all equally concerned for her. N had claimed her other side, holding her right hand and leaning over her in his chair in hopes that she would have some sort of reaction to having all of her Pokemon friends beside her.

N leans down further, gently pressing his lips to her small and petite hand. "Please, White. Please wake up. We all need you. I need you…"

A pair of deep cerulean blue eyes flutter open.
Sign up to rate and review this story