Categories > Movies > Star Wars > The Resistance

Chapter Two: I Will Find You

by Studentwriter666 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Star Wars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2018-01-02 - 984 words

0Unrated
Kylo strummed his ungloved fingers against the dashboard of his ship. He’d chosen the ship specifically, it was small, so as to go about easily undetected, and did not require many to run the ship. He’d only brought a reprogrammed droid from the First Order’s army. He’d reprogrammed it himself before departing from the fleet, turning the droid into a companion of sorts; bluntly spoken and a better flyer than himself.

“Sir we are not going in the direction of the Outer Rim.” The droid called behind him.

“Yes I know RD-12. We are taking a detour first.” His mouth tensed, fingers stopping their strumming and clenching into a fist.

“Where sir?” The droid took a seat next to Kylo at the helm.

“I don’t yet know.” He slowly rose to his feet, punching in a set of coordinates and bringing up a hologram of the region in the galaxy they were currently in. Pointing to a section of circling planets, “Here, just keep the ship moving in the direction of this system here. I will inform you of more specific coordinates as soon as find out where that stupid girl is. Now leave me in solitude until I leave my chambers. I am not to be disturbed.” He turned and marched off, closing the doors to the cockpit behind him.

His fists clenched and unclenched at his sides as he marched to his room, locking the sliding doors shut behind him. He threw off his cloak and and stripped himself of his remaining clothes before stepping into the small enclosed shower. He hung his head letting the steaming water hit his face and soak his hair. “Where are you,” he whispered.

It had been Kylo’s plan to do just as he had told Hux, search the outer limits of the galaxy an leave the capture of the remaining Resistance and Rey to the First Orders fleet, Hux at the helm. And yet, he knew inside that was the wrong path. He had seen, the following night, within himself, through the force, a vision of himself and Rey, fighting once again side by side. Fighting as one like they had that night, their bodies twisting and turning as if the fight were a choreographed dance. He yearned for what he had seen, an equal at his side. He knew the journey he was about to embark upon was not meant to be taken alone.

Ren combed his fingers through his soaking hair, brushing it out of his eyes, and turned the heat on full, enjoying the sting of the scorching water on his skin.

Ever since the vision he had been searching for her. The Resistance meant nothing to him, they were a problem easily fixed under Hux’s leadership. It was Rey he wanted. If she could reach out and find him, he would do the same. Night after night leading up to his departure from the First Order fleet, Ren had harnessed the force to find her, reaching out across the vast expanse of the galaxy for that familiar mental signature, a soft troubled glowing green light. He hadn’t been able see her as he once could, but he felt her presence, and he could feel himself getting closer to her. First it was the region, then the system, it was only a matter of time before he found the planet and sought her out.

He shut the shower off and quickly dried himself, slipping on plane black cotton robes before sitting crossed legs upon his small cott. She shook his hair of remaining droplets and closed his eyes, opening his mind. “Rey,” he whispered without noticing.

*

She’d found an old blaster burnt tree, a casualty of earlier battles, and was now using it to practice with her lightsaber. Lunging and parrying, thrusting and blocking, Rey screamed with pent up frustration. Her forehead was dripping with sweat as she continued on and on with the immobile enemy. She soon closed her eyes, feeling mentally where the tree was and attacked it again and again, circling it, her eyes remaining closed.

“Is it me you picture?” Asked a familiar deep voice from inside her head.

She tried not to let her offensive attack falter as she attempted to close her mind to him and ignore his words.

“Did you really think you could spy on me without me knowing?” Kylo’s voice rumbled in a bitter laugh, “and why shouldn’t I do the same in return.”

“I refused you!” Rey yelled in between pants as she let her eyes fly open, dropping her lightsaber and letting her back fall against the charred tree, sliding down until she was sitting on the damp earth. “You’re lost, let me be!”

“We both know you don’t believe that.” His voice echoed in her ears, drowning out the soft rustle of leaves and faint calls of nearby critters. Rey had ventured out as far from the new Resistance base as she could, hoping for solitude.

“What is it you could possibly want!” Rey yelled back, unable to quelch the remaining adrenaline within her from her training.

“A companion.” He whispered. She could practically feel his warm breath brush against her ear. A shiver ran down Rey’s spine.

“I cannot.” Rey shook her head. She was shaken, this was the first she had actually spoken to him since that day. She could feel what had been their prior connection returning, growing anew. She could not let it return. He could track her, track her and the Resistance to Endor.

She could see him suddenly, hair tricklingly wet, brows set stern, lips tense, but eyes imploring. A bare hand reached out. She flinched. His fingertips gently brushed her forehead as he tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. “I will find you.” He whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story