Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > The Destiny Islands Chronicles

Riku's New Car

by Axyli 0 reviews

Riku's legally old enough to drive, so it's about time he got his own car.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Parody - Characters: Kairi, Riku, Sora - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-16 - Updated: 2006-09-16 - 1233 words

1Funny
"Hey, Sora, do you know where Riku is?" Kairi asked. She was hanging out with Sora at his house for no real reason.
"I dunno," Sora replied. "He seemed pretty excited about something yesterday. Wonder what it was..." As soon as he said this, a loud honk sounded outside his house. Sora and Kairi ran downstairs to the door and opened. They were greeted by a grinning Riku leaning against a car.
"Woah!" Sora and Kairi exclaimed. They ran to the car.
"When'd you get it?" Kairi asked.
"Today. Right after I got my license," Riku said.
"Since when can you drive?" Sora asked.
"Well, I passed the test this morning," Riku answered. He whipped a plastic card from his pocket. Sora and Kairi leaned to look at the license.
"Is the car new?" Kairi asked.
"Heck no! My parents wouldn't buy me a new car," Riku said. "It's my dad's old car."
"Can we take a ride?" Sora asked eagerly.
"Why would I have brought it here otherwise?" Riku asked, smiling. "Hop in."
"I call shotgun!" Sora yelled, diving into the passenger seat.
"Fine, I'll sit in back," Kairi said, hopping in back. Riku got into the driver's seat and turned the engine on. They had just pulled away when Sora noticed that the fuel gauge was nearly on empty.
"Dude, I think you need to get some gas," he said.
Riku looked at the gauge and said, "You're right." He pulled into the nearest gas station and started filling the tank. When Sora and Kairi shouted, "It's full!", he stopped and looked at the price.
"What the crap?!" he exclaimed. He opened the door and said, "All right, we all need to chip in on this one."
"Why?" Kairi asked.
"The price is 4200 munny," Riku replied. "I don't have that much." Kairi and Sora gave him some of their munny and he paid for the gas. He went back to the car and resumed his place in the driver's seat.
"All right. Now, where do we want to go?" Riku asked.
"How about the movies?" Kairi asked. "Sora and I'll pay for your ticket, Riku."
"Thanks," Riku said, starting up the engine. They had only gone a few miles when the air conditioner sputtered and died.
"What the crap?!" Kairi exclaimed.
"It's all right," Sora said. "I'm sure we won't get too hot." He was wrong, though. In a few moments they all felt like they were going to die from the heat.
"That's it!" Kairi cried. "Riku, pull into that gas station." Riku obliged, and when the car had stopped, Kairi threw the door open and ran to the bathroom. She came out a few moments later with just her camisole and skirt on and her outer layers under her arm. Riku and Sora looked at each other and thought, That's a good idea. They both bolted out of the car and ran to the bathroom. When they came back, they were just wearing their jeans and sleeveless undershirts. Riku took everyone's extra clothes and threw them into the trunk. When he once again started up the car, he said, "Okay, so, we've solved the air conditioning problem. So now, let's listen to some music." He pulled out one of his CDs and was about to put it in when he noticed that there was no CD player.
"Umm...does anyone have any tapes?" he asked. Sora and Kairi shook their heads.
"Umm...okay, then, let's just listen to the radio," Riku said, pushing the dial to turn on the radio. A country song was playing when it turned on.
"Change it!" Kairi cried. "I can't listen to sad country songs. I always cry when I do."
"No problem," Riku replied, turning the dial that had turned it on. It broke off.
"What the crap?!" Sora cried when he saw what happened.
"Turn it off!" Kairi cried.
"I can't!" Riku called back. "The dial that turned it on and off broke off!"
"That was just 'My Heart Breaks When I Think of You,'" the announcer said in a tearful voice. "And we will be continuing our marathon of mourning for T.J. Mirson, who just died from a car accident. All today we're playing the saddest songs we have."
"WHAT THE CRAP?!" Sora, Riku, and Kairi exclaimed.

A few hours later, the three friends were still driving. Sora was looking at a map, trying to find where the movie theater was, Kairi was bawling in the backseat, and Riku was ready to flip off the next girl who held up her phone number and a "Call me!" sign.
"Crap," Sora said. "I think we took a wrong turn, like, seven streets ago." Riku stopped the car and started beating his head against the steering wheel.
"Can this day get any worse?" he asked. Kairi sniffled and rubbed her eyes.
"I don't think so," she answered.
"I HATE THIS CRAPPY PIECE OF JUNK!!!!!" Riku cried suddenly, whacking the dashboard. Kairi pulled her hair into a ponytail in a sad attempt to cool down. Riku let his head fall onto the steering wheel again.
"Don't you ever get hot from having your hair that long, Riku?" Sora asked. Riku didn't answer. His shoulders seemed to be shaking.
"Riku?" Sora asked, poking him. "Riku? Are you crying?"

When Riku had started driving again, all three of them were severely aggravated and agreed to go home. Riku was the most annoyed out of all of them. He had stopped for gas again when a girl had run up to him and tried to rip off his shirt. He was not having a very good day.
"You know what would really suck?" Sora asked.
"What?" Riku and Kairi asked.
"If a whole swarm of Heartless invaded here again," Sora answered.
"Well, Riku could always hit them with his car," Kairi said.
"With this piece of crap?" Riku asked. "It'd probably blow up before it hit a Shadow."
"Maybe the country music would torture the Heartless to death," Sora said dryly.
"Look out for that tree!" Kairi screamed.
"Huh?" Riku and Sora said. They collided with the tree. And Riku swore. Very loudly.

"I can't believe you hit that tree," Riku's mother said later, holding a hand to her head. "And all those children that were playing are repeating what you said. Riku, I expected you to have more dignity. And to be more responsible." Riku was standing in front of her, waiting for the lecture to be over. When she finally finished, Riku said,
"Mom, I just dented it. I can fix it. And I'm sorry I swore, but I was having a really bad day." The telephone rang.
"I'll go get it," his mother said. "I'm still very disappointed in what you did. And you're father is hearing about this when he gets home." She walked into the next room and answered the phone. Riku listened.
"Yes...yes...yes, that's what he looks like. Yes, he's my son." There was a silence. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE FLIPPED OFF YOUR DAUGHTER?!" Riku eyes widened and he started backing towards the door.
"RIKU!!! COME EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED /NOW/!!!!!"
Riku threw the door open and started running.
"Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap..." Riku kept saying as he ran from his house. "My dad is not going to be happy when he gets home."
Sign up to rate and review this story