Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep It Together Dude

All Signs Point To Lauderdale

by BleachThatBitch 0 reviews

I can't live my life always backing down I gotta do this right, then they can't make a sound Cause I'm not here for nothing, least I can say I stand for something

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2018-02-10 - 2238 words

0Unrated
Frank sat on the spare amps back stage, he was playing through some songs quietly to himself as he waited for show time. He was trying to get into the zone and not allow his nerves to get the better of him but honestly he was shitting it. Not only was this his first show hometown show with his new band but it was the first time his former band mates would see him play without them, apart from Bryar who had been to a few shows and even played with Frank for an accident set. Only he new what was hidden behind the lyrics Frank had written.

After Frank had left Mikey, Bob and Ray had bugged Frank enough with phone calls that Frank had eventually picked up and they talked. Things where good with them and the Ray and Mikey where stoked to see Frank play again. Gerard hadn’t made contact with Frank because he felt he had no right to. He had let Frank down, abandoned him when he needed him the most. Only recently Gerard had grew some balls and texted Frank. Frank had been surprised when he received the text message but he was happy none the less. They had texted back and forth for a few weeks and Gerard had asked Frank if he could come along to the show tonight and Frank had said he because he really wanted to see him and they had been getting on really well, even flirting a little. Frank had started therapy too, and was really liking it. It was good to talk to someone who didn’t know you. Sometimes it’s better that way, no pre-judgement.


Frank had also gone to the cops about Bert with the help and support of his Father. It had been hard to tell his dad but Frank Sr knew his son was struggling and he wasn’t giving up until he knew why happened. He had been surprised when Frank had showed up at his door and told him he had left My Chemical Romance. He knew how much the boy lived for the band, the music, the fans and the men he played beside every night. He got even more concerned when Frank told him that Gerard and him where no longer together because he thought nothing would split the two up considering there bond was so strong even Satan himself would of been unable to cut it. Once Frank had started drinking and partying he knew he had to step in and find out the cause of everything because Frank had stopped drinking when Gerard did because he didn’t think it was fait for him to continue when Gerard couldn’t drink. When Frank told him the whole story his heart broke for his only son, the boy who he lived every damn day for. After days of talking, crying, shouting, laughing and more talking; Frank Sr had been able to convince Frank to go to the cops. His Father, Mikey, Ray and Bob by his side the whole time. Gerard didn’t go because he didn’t think it was his place. He didn’t want to make things worse for Frank and surly seeing Gerard face would kill Frank. Bert had been arrested and charged with First degree Rape, and now they where waiting for a court date where he will be convicted and sentenced.

Frank was nervous about going to court, he’d have to stand up in front of a bunch of strangers and tell everyone what Bert had done. He had to write his testimony and he was finding it difficult. He would have to Read it out loud in front of everyone and Bert, his dad would be there, his friends, his grandmother. He didn’t know if he could do it.

But for now he just had to get threw the show. He watched as Bob walked through the back stage door and looked around. The others walked in behind him but nobody had noticed him. This was his chance. He laid his guitar down on the amp and jumped down, the guys where too busy talking to Danny that they still hadn’t spotted him. He smirked, this was perfect. He took off running towards his group of friends, One man only in his sight. He catapulted his body off the ground and tackled the blonde haired man to the ground. Frank giggled as Bob groaned in annoyance.

“HI BOBBY” Frank felt hands wrap around his waist as he was lifted off Bob and placed back on his feet. Ray leaned down and helped Bob up off the floor. Frank was buzzing with energy now. He couldn’t keep still, who ever had lifted him off Bob still had there hands around his waist chuckling. Bob looked at Frank, bows noted together in annoyance.

“Seriously Midg? Every fucking time” Frank bit his lip and nodded his head frantically.

“Then you should know every time what’s coming for ya” Frank turned around to see who was behind him and his heart skipped a beat. Gerard looked amazing. He was wearing a black v-neck, skinny jeans and a leather jacket. He had cut his hair again and dyed it back to black. He was also wearing that fucking smirk. Frank thought he was going to cum right there on the spot. He was speechless.

“Always with the misbehaving huh?” Frank bit his lip and nodded.

“Uh-huh, can’t help it. He makes it so easy” Gerard chuckled as he looked down at the boy. Fuck he wanted to just kiss him. Mikey accidentally dumped into Frank which caused Frank to fall forward into Gerard who oh course caught him with little to no effort. Gerard chuckled while Franks cheeks glowed brighter than New York City during the holiday season.

“Careful sweetheart, you don’t wanna hurt yourself before your show” Frank melted as the pet named he had heard so many times from the older passed his lips for the first time in well over a year. His heart skipped a beat as he nodded stupidly. Thankfully he was saved from embarrassment by Jeffery who walked over to tell Frank it was time to go. Jeffery had played with My Chem for a few weeks but had decided he couldn’t stay, it was too weird being where Frank should of been and he knew the guys felt it too. Jeffery didn’t want to replace his cousin; he could never take his place. He felt sorry for the guy who would have too because they had a though job ahead of them. Not because Gerard or the guys where difficult to work with. Frank had just been apart of the band from day one and had helped mold the band into what it was now; plus Frank was one hell of a guitar player. Nobody would stand a chance really.

Frank hugged everyone and grabbed his guitar. Himself and Jeffery had worked out the perfect act. They would share both guitar roles, some songs Jeffery wasn’t sure about the solos so Frank done them, but for most of the Song Jeffery was lead and Frank remains rhythm. Frank was lead vocals, Cole played keyboard, Matthew played bass and Danny played drums. They where Franks old high school friends and when they heard Frank was back in town they all met up for a jam session and the band was formed. Frank had wrote all the lyrics to the songs and most of the guitar parts even before the band had formed, a lot of his songs where wrote while still on tour with My Chem but he never showed them to anyone apart from Jeffery. Most nights when Frank was unable to sleep and they where stopped in from parking lot, Jeffery and Frank would go down to the back of the parking lot and play My Chem songs, at the time Jeffery didn’t realize Franks intentions until t was too late and Frank had thought him every My Chem song hat had ever been wrote, he even shared some new stuff Frank had been writing that he was going to show to Ray before everything fell apart. If they weren’t playing My Chem songs Frank was showing him new material he had wrote himself. That’s when Jeffery new things where bad and he had to do something. He had confided in Bob near the end of Franks time with the band and although Bob was extremely concerned, he couldn’t step in because that meant Frank would lose the only person he trusted at that point and that could of made everything a million times worse. All the pair could do was keep a close eye on Frank.


When Frank walked off stage with the guys, buzzing from the show he was met by Gerard who grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to an empty room. Frank wasn’t frightened by the act because he knew Gerard would never harm him, he was confused and slightly concerned though. Once they where inside the room Gerard shut the door and turned around, his face held more pain than Frank had ever seen.

“Did you write those lyrics, are they yours?” Gerard had tears in his eyes and all Frank could do was look away. “Frank answer me, did you write those?” Frank nodded, he couldn’t speak. He knew the lyrics would strike a cord with everyone involved in his past. But they where his songs, his feelings. He wouldn’t apologize for them.

“Yes” as soon as the word left his mouth Gerard cursed and punched the wall. He was so angry. At what Frank didn’t know. Frank jumped at the loud bag but he wasn’t scared. Gerard wouldn’t hurt him no matter how anger he was.

“I can’t believe it, I can’t believe we put you through all of that. The guys might not get them Frank but I do. Those where fucking suicide letters. Don’t get me wrong Frank, there amazing, mind blowing songs. And the way you played, so full of passion and life. I haven’t seen you tare up the stage like that in years and your voice, Fuck Frank I haven’t heard you sing like that before. But Jesus... the pain in those lyrics.”

“I should of warned you I’m sorry But you have to understand something. Those songs are not about you or the guys. You have to believe me. I wrote them about other shit but not about you. I wouldn’t hurt you like that.” Gerard shook his head as he ran a hand through his hair.

“But Frank they are about us. You went through one of the most horrific experiences anyone could go through and we treated you like shit. He abandoned you when you needed us the most. That is unforgivable Frank. I hate myself for it” Frank walked over to Gerard and put his hands on his chest. He needed Gerard to calm down before he had a panic attack.

“Gerard listen to me please. Yes, I was alone in a bus full of people. My friends hated me. But you had a reason for itS you didn’t know the truth and I didn’t exactly try and tell you either. It was easier for use to hate me for thinking I cheated on you rather than used know the truthS it would of hurt everyone a million times worse. If Jeff hadn’t of opened his mouth use still wouldn’t know to this day. The thought of hurting you kills me. I would never do that. But please Gerard, please understand those aren’t about that. What Bert did.. I never waned use to find out.” Gerard’s breathing’s had slowed down considerably while Frank talked. Frank knew Gerard heard him this time and smiled “please don’t be upset, this is suppose s to be a good night, not a sad one. Please Gee?” Frank leaned up and kissed Gerard softly on the lips. He wasn’t sure why he done it. They weren’t together but he had done it so many times before when Gerard was mad or upset and Frank tried to change his mood. Gerard sighed and kissed Frank back. Wrapping his arms around the boys waist. He leaned his forehead against Franks.

“I will never forgive myself for leaving you” Frank nodded and kissed Gerard’s cheek.

“I understand, but you are here now aren’t you?” Gerard smiled leaning down and kissing Frank? Giving him the answer Frank desperately needed. “Please don’t let his ruin the night. We’re all suppose to go back to Rays and play donkey Kong like old times remember? I don’t want you to be miserable.” Frank pouted up at the man his heart danced rainbows for. Gerard chuckled, leaning against the wall and pulling Franks body against him.

“I won’t be miserable I promise. But... maybe one day we could talk about the songs? There’s so much I don’t know isn’t there?” Frank pecked Gerard’s lips and took his hand, leading him towards the door.

“I promise but for now we have fun”
Sign up to rate and review this story