Categories > Movies > Star Wars > Love and The Force Know No Bounds

Memories and Her

by Starseeker2424 0 reviews

Chapter 3

Category: Star Wars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Luke - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-02-21 - 2173 words - Complete

0Unrated
Lightsabers clashed and hummed. A pair of eyes couldn't be drawn away from the spectacle in front of them. The owner to the eyes wanted to join in. She was yet to build her own lightsaber, so she was relegated to wasting her time with practice blades forged from wood; or if she was lucky a dull vibroblade. At least the vibroblade, had seen more action than she had. Maybe if she could beat Saylo in a duel, that good-for nothing Zabrak would leave her alone. He always teased her about her heritage. If she made a mistake, Saylo just had to make things worse, by announcing it to everyone. The only person, who could see through Saylo's machinations, was currently very preoccupied. Thankfully, Master Luke had caught wind of Saylo's latest plot, to rig her BB-8 unit to explode. He was on archive organizing duty. She couldn't say she felt pity for the Zabrak, as he tried to destroy her best friend, and first droid. She had lost 3 inches of hair, and a pair of good robes, but it was worth it to see the Zabrak admit defeat in front of the master himself. If the Zabrak's horns descended any further, they would scrape the ground below them. Right now, Saylo wasn't there to interfere in her study of light saber combat. The rapid strikes and counter-strikes of the blades was enough to draw her away from the glorious thought that Saylo was missing an incredible duel. The two best duelists of the academy were going at each other's throats.

Ben flew at Padme in a maelstrom of yellow pillars. Padme was trying so very hard to refrain from breaking her act, but her cousin was just so damn annoying. He walked around as if he were the next Grandmaster in the making, just because he was the oldest, and flaunted it with everything he was worth. Her father had defended his nephew, with a few light chuckles and a rolling of the eyes here and there, but he dismissed it like it was just another youngling stealing Kashyykk bites from the provisions center. If only she could put him in his place, then he might stop behaving like a pompous Ewok butt. Disregarding her father's ludicrous warnings, Padme stepped on Ben's foot and elbowed him in the nose. She smiled to herself, as she had finally proven the mighty Ben Solo was human after all. Expecting a humble surrender, Padme was horrified to see Ben look her way with a glare as frosty as the snowy oceans of Hoth. She recoiled slightly at the menace that rang from Ben's narrowed eyes, and backed away, her motions were hindered, as he chained her in a force bind. This was so unlike him; how could he do this to her? They were family. The idea of a fellow apprentice incapacitating a peer with the Force was frightening, and here she was in that exact situation. The pressure around her throat intensified, and began to squeeze. Ben looked almost pleased at the pain he was causing. Ben's sudden change of character was too much. Padme had enough of placating her cousin's petty delusions. The chokehold shattered as soon as she blinked, and his lightsaber soared from its resting place in her cousin's hands and into her own. She disengaged the weapon, and with a wave of her hand, her cousin fell sound asleep.

"Younglings, go find something productive today. The fight is over."

The conglomeration of varying species, sighed in disappointment and broke away from the field of younglings. Padme turned to ascertain that Ben was still asleep, and walked away to notify her father of her cousin's actions. She blew a renegade blonde hair from her eyes and stomped forward. The women in the Skywalker family always had to clean up the men's colossal size messes. Before she dipped through the doorway, she cast one more glance at her cousin and spotted a miniature figure leaning over him, and healing his scrapes. If only the girl wasn't so naïve, her little heart wouldn't break.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pebbles hit their intended mark. He was hiding from his uncle behind the barrier imposed by the shrine to Anakin Skywalker. She could always trust him to come to this spot, when he found himself in a sticky situation. She theorized that the sculpture of his grandfather with a fierce tint to his stone eyes offered Ben a sense of comfort and pride, as those were his grandfather's eyes. This was the closest Ben would ever get to Anakin Skywalker, as his ashes were stowed away in some fortified stronghold, and he never lived to meet his first grandchild. She could read in between the lines, and the fact that he was so close to Anakin, and yet so far wore on his trademark smirk. In other words, his eyes always failed to register what was happening in front of him; instead seeing an entirely different world. He was completely entranced by the riches that the distant land supplied. His faraway gaze was part of the reason she was so drawn to him, as no one understood what it was like to live another life. Having a new identity that she could assume whenever she needed, Ben's was much more involuntary than hers.

Obviously, he let her hit her target, but Ben Solo was no push over. Look at him the wrong way, and you could end up forgetting your very name. Ben did have a talent for messing with people's heads. Ben was the temple Casanova, but that didn't mean he find it fun to scramble a girl's emotions up. Apparently, Ben had inherited his attractiveness from his father, Han Solo. His hair was always perfect, and his smile could charm the pants off of anyone. Figuratively speaking of course. She had even heard that he was more attractive than his father. The pigment that remained obscured in her cheeks, reserved for the rarest of occasions, began to wake from its hibernation. Ben cocked his head, and she managed to force the blush the below the surface one more. "You know; I really could use some alone time. I know that the idea of being without me is impossible, but why don't you prove the impossible to be possible right about now." She stuck out her tongue, and pinched him on the ear. "You aren't getting rid of me that easily. As your Padawan in training I cannot shirk off my duties. Strictly speaking it wouldn't be right for me to let you sulk behind a dead guy."

"I am not sulking."

"Not from where I am standing."

"You're supposed to be at combat instruction. Your favorite, I would know as you've told me so many times. Why aren't you there and pestering Sword Master Zhourelbacca?"

She ducked her head, and swirled the twigs littering the grass.

"Well at first he offered to teach me Shyriiwook, but he was so offered by the noises I made he banned me from the class. At least he said I was beyond the class anyways, so there is an upside." Ben accepted the small grin she warranted, and traded much larger one back.

"Well I guess getting rid of you isn't entirely necessary, so you can stay, although I am going to regret this later."

She set him in a mighty chokehold, and he returned the hug. He could always lean on his little sidekick when he needed support.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was in her favorite corner of the star ship hangar, right behind the x-wing that Luke flew on all of his most infamous adventures. That battered, and chipped vessel had been to Dagobah, Yavin IV, Bespin, and even the home planet of the master himself, Tantooine. If she was lucky, and no one was looking; she would hoist herself into the cockpit, and snuggle into the tattered pilot's chair. Next she would veil her head in an old Rebel Alliance pilot helmet with the sandstone visors scattered with little scratches, and the faded insignia of the squadron that Luke flew in. Maybe one day she would get to fly away in a sleek and shiny ship, which would have its own tales to tell. Not being able to help herself, she reached for the throttle, and clutched it with every pent up fantasy and dream she contained. The throttle responded by jerking around at erratic angles. Panic began to coat her muscles. This wasn't supposed to happen, the ship hadn't been touched by anyone except Luke, and even then it was just for an inter-atmospheric joy ride when too many younglings set his robes on fire. Not wanting to be caught, and become one of those younglings she went to crawl out of the confined space, when the previous slack and lifeless binds, began to slither around her, therefore pinning her to the chair. The visor caved in and began to shed the lacerations that compromised the visibility. The now pristine goggles, covered her entire face. The smooth layer maintained its immaculate shape, even when she began screaming for help.

The odor of decomposing flesh, and charred skin chained itself to her nose, and flooded into her mind. The new ghastly stench was accompanied by a rather monstrous face. What appeared to be a human skull partially bought back to life, began shifting its chasm of a mouth, as if it were engaging in speech. Once the beating of her own heart subsided, the creature's words became audible. "Do not be frightened. I am your future, as I am your past and present. You are a cavity. An anomaly. Despite your modest heritage, you have the makings of a goddess. Soon, an agent of mine will reign terror down on that so called school you are being held in. He will spirit you away, and store you until your usefulness becomes apparent. Now sleep my child. The future, will offer little of such luxuries. I am your true master."

Finally, she could scream. The monster had taken her voice away. Well now she was free. Ben woke to her cutting cries. The originally serene day, had been traded in for a vengeful one. The wind whipped back and forth, and whined. The nearby trees bloomed into blossoms of radiant light, and the sun and moon chased each other across the cosmos. She was writhing on the floor, screaming through all of the mayhem. He shook her for several stifling moments. He was about to pick her up and run for the compound when her eyes flew open. One look at the chaos, and everything had reverted back. The trees now boasted lustrous green jewels, the Moon and Sun reached a compromise, and the wind faded out of existence.

He could not believe that someone so young could hold such raw power. The entire environment was attached to her emotions. He remembered the day she was born. Exactly five years ago, the world was met with the cries of the baby girl, and shook with joy. Brown plants surrendered to the immediate spring, the Sun shown down with gusto, and Ben was washed over with a feeling of pure peace, and childish happiness.

But now things were different, and much direr.

"He looked down at her, "He's spoken to you too?"

She nodded with such apprehension; she feared the world might swallow her whole if she admitted the truth.

"Yes."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sand was blistering, and little tongues of flame attacked her feet encouraging her to jump. The strands of spray reached for her, and the most ambitious grazed her skin. She had never been swimming before, as living on a giant ball of sand wasn't conducive to twisting and turning through large bodies of water. The only water she actually knew of, was the giant cauldron used to rehydrate the beasts of her fellow scavengers. When Finn disclosed the taste, and experience, she was appalled, yet amused. Finn. She missed him. If only he were here, he would throw all caution to the wind, and await his fate in the arms of the sea. Well, she might as well do the same. If only Chewie were willing to join her, but the suborn Wookie insisted her would join her. Fat chance. Whatever, more water to her. The wind extended its hands out too push her down, only making her descent that much more thrilling. As she struck the water, the only thought she could make was that next time she wouldn't start from so high up. No one ever told her than water could hurt. No matter, she was going to swim for the first time, and nothing was going to stop her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Chapter 3! Thank you everyone so much for reviewing, following and favoriting! It means so much! I didn't mean for this chapter to be so much backstory, but writing takes on a mind of its own. I hope you all like it
Sign up to rate and review this story