Categories > Movies > Star Wars > Love and The Force Know No Bounds

Tranquility and Strain

by Starseeker2424 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: Star Wars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Luke - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-02-21 - 2116 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ribbons of water cascaded around Rey's submerged figure and carried her below the gentle swells. At first she was terrified of what it would feel like to swim. She had lived in a desert for 14 years, and the only waves she could recall were dunes of pebbles and beige grains that could set the heartiest individual to their knees if they so dared to scale it. These waves were gentle, and negated any effect the gravity had on dry land. Rey felt as if her limbs grew exponentially as the smallest of gestures would send the water around her reeling.

She discovered that if she moved her arms with enough force a small wave would plaster her arms and move in the same direction. To her utter disappointment she found herself unable to float unaided, but she concluded that she would find a way around that soon enough. And the solution came as an utter accident. She was sinking lower and lower to examine the clear pearls that escaped from her nose in quick succession due to air release, and due to momentary distraction, the bubbles merged together into a compact shape.

The bubbles unwittingly approached Rey and poised itself below Rey, and she gradually raised through the glassy layers and broke the final edge damaging the pristine rifts and gullies of the still surface. The makeshift raft hefted Rey's figure up entirely and permitted her to just caress the water with her body, as she floated along to the fluctuating levels that passed in a rhythm resembling her heart beat. Somehow Rey felt as if she had been an avid swimmer and lover of water in a past life perhaps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shadows darted away from Ren's shrouded figure as he ascended the final steps that acted a a barrier between his personal well being and the imperial might of his master. Presently Snoke was engaged in a deep meditative induced slumber, and Ren was risking his own neck by denying his master the clarity and recharge that mediation wrought. Ren halted a few paces away in what he considered a somewhat safe distance which would hopefully grant enough space for Kylo to erect a force barrier if push came to shove. It was nigh impossible to interrupt Snoke's pontifications without being burned for it. Partially why Kylo donned such an extensive and dark garb was to shield the eyes of his enemies from a possible weakness.

Singe marks and compromised flesh signified a past injury or inability to protect oneself from bodily harm. His burns screamed vulnerability in more way than one as well. The reason being Kylo's scars was another story entirely. An apprentice of his lineage and strength in the Force should find it inconsequential if his master's frustrations flared outwards and sought a target on which to inflict its whim. But alas, Kylo was currently incapable of completely negating his master's onslaught which only furthered the damage carved on to his body by tongues of flame or spindles of lightning. So that was where the force field came in. Ren's frustration had reached a fever pitch. Snoke had taken an augmented sense of purpose when chastising his meager acolyte, and Ren steeled himself to put his mettle to the test. Snoke's sinewy flesh wavered and wrinkled in acknowledgement when Ren mounted the last valley between him and the frozen silhouette of Snoke

While Kylo cleared his throat, he mustered up all of the anticipation that had driven him to this exact point in the past few days of endless pacing and crooked backs weighed down by the stone of uncertainty. Any blemishes of hesitancy or unpreparedness retreated from Ren's face as their superior features of confidence and purpose colonized the remote angles of the farthest degree. Kylo's voice carried from his throat in a powerful delivery that swept through the remaining gap between him and Snoke. The acknowledgment that Kylo bid had already registered within the available corners of Snoke's psyche, and the fabric of his force hibernation crumpled inward to display his apprentice in front of him. Snoke indulged in a momentary high of the euphoria that accompanied his meditation periods, and shoved away the lingering distractions to hear Kylo out. Snoke felt his jaw become taut as he waited for his apprentice to stop start speaking.

Snoke lifted his hand in a surprisingly fluid manner, which was uncharacteristic of his gaunt and sharp ligaments that only seemed capable of performing crooked or jerky movements, and signaled for Kylo to relay the briefing that he had compiled of his search for the elusive Rey. Ren titled his head a fraction of a degree and immediately recited his findings, "Master I have uncovered in my hours of contemplation and focus that I have somehow erected a link of sorts with this Rey girl. Its nature is one that seems beyond my comprehension and I have called to your audience, in order to seek and procure information on what this link is, and how to exploit it to benefit our endeavors. If it were not of the utmost urgency and relevance, I would have refrained from barging in and rudely interrupting your personal renewal, but seeing as time is of the essence, this cannot be stalled for the sake of a few hours of an illusion of peace. We will only find true peace once all of our foes have been eliminated and we have established our will upon the Galaxy."

As soon as Kylo finished enunciating the last phrase of his dissertation he involuntarily stuttered as the presumptuous edge to his claim would most certainly anger Snoke, and was not befitting of his lowly apprentice status. Ren burned the imperativeness of subservience into his mind to not make the same mistake again, or it may not only cost him his station, but his life as well. Snoke frowned severely, and the hollows of his leathery cheeks receded to reveal a set of teeth comprised solely of incisors that would put the edge of a white flame to shame. Ren had overstepped a bound that opened the door to perilous uncharted territory. Ren was garnering more pride by the day as his powers grew, and his limits were exceeded, and Snoke refused to admit that his apprentice was now a potentially viable threat to his chokehold on his Empire. Despite the accelerated progress that Ren had shown, his arrogance was the key to keeping a tight leash on the threat that he presented. Any descendant of Anakin Skywalker would undoubtedly inherit an immense pool of potential to draw from, which made them superb servants, but that pool was also electrically charged, and if fed an excess of energy, it would race across every stream and water molecule until the entire pool was converted into a web of charged limbs and snapping fingers. The electricity once sated would seek other sources of pleasure which would become the surrounding objects and sensations. Ren's power was a contained electrical storm, and he was only now scraping the surface.

"Ren it would be wise of you to remember to who you speak, and consequently serve. I was the catalyst for your power, and I can just as easily drain it from you to replenish my own stores. Your so-called feats are not worthy of hubris, and this will only solidify your failure as a Sith Lord. You will go down in history as another blow to your Vader's already tarnished legacy." Snoke had forced Kylo to his knees in order to reassert his authority. The mention of Vader lacerated any bounds that Snoke had laced around Kylo's kneeling form, and he erupted in a frenzy of energy, his lightsaber drawn. "You know nothing of my grandfather. He was the greatest force user alive, and I will be the one that perpetrates his legacy. I will continue what he has started, and I will pick up the pieces that my Uncle and Mother left when they turned their back on their father. Being a true Skywalker means power. I am the last true Skywalker, and you most of all will cower before me if you ever question my resolve again." A repulse of purple energy protruded from Kylo's chest and struck Snoke with crystallized edges of pure diamond.

The blades inserted themselves into the shallow pockets of Snoke's burnt flesh and slithered across in a complete circle to harden into amethyst ice. Snoke screamed in agony and writhed around in his throne to try and nullify the overwhelming torture. His dagger like nails clawed at the crystal patches and the opposite of the intended effect transpired. The crystals propagated onto his fingers and hand which only added to the debilitating pain. Kylo smirked in pleasure, and bowed in faux respect. With one final glance at the destruction that he had wrought, Kylo scaled the platform and headed in the direction of his Flag ship to pay a visit to his deceased grandmother's home.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke hunched over his mechanical extremity, which was currently rendered useless as it sat poised on the work bench before him with the circuits and wires exposed. He had just retrieved a miniature welder to repair some minor damage that he had suffered during a rather intense spar with Rey when she appeared through the curtain that functioned as a makeshift entrance.

His annoyance was reaching a fever pitch not only because the metal alloys were refusing to bond again, but R2 was rolling haphazardly around the work shop and went out of his way to bump into inventions that had taken Luke years to realize and roll over them, in order to place a noticeable dent in the exterior but not in the actual innards of the machines. "R2 I am a parsec away from shutting you down, you are being worse than 3P0 right now and I never thought that would come from my lips. We aren't on Tatooine, neither am I 19 anymore, so I cannot keep up with you like I used to. I am also short a limb so shoving you is out of the question. Quit it out." In protest, R2 lifted one of his many utility panels and directed a quart of oil at Luke, soiling his robes. Rey startled Luke further as she chuckled loudly. "I am sensing some hostility between the two of you. Maybe I can mediate.

What seems to be awry between droid and master?" "It is nothing to concern yourself young padawan, R2 just seems to be rather temperamental right now, and his idea of entertainment is prohibiting the maintenance of my arm. I would oblige, but it gets quite breezy if my arm is left exposed to the bitter cold of this tropical paradise." Rey rolled her eyes and huffed. "How many times have I asked you to call me by my name? I am 19 years old, the same age you were when you blew up an entire battle station striking a blow at the Empire. I think I deserve to be called by the title of my own choice."

"I see the parallels, but seeing as I am the lawful owner of not only your lightsaber, but also the only mode of transportation that can get you off of this rock. I am the next of kin to Han, as Leia forfeited her right to the Falcon, and my nephew is currently indisposed." Rey huffed once more, "Why do you find it so enjoyable to hang my sorry situation over my head whenever I get on your nerves. I am seeing the merits of siding with R2." Luke chuckled, "Because I don't have my own daughter to taunt so you are the next best thing." Luke's laughter subtly shifted to a throaty rasp, as he worked to contain his sorrow. "Luke, what can I do?" Luke shook his head sadly and patted Rey on the shoulder, leaving her to stare at R2 in confusion.

"Unless you can bring my daughter back to me I fear there is nothing you can do. Do not be sorry, Rey, you are like a daughter to me as well. I have a mission for you, but as of right now I need some time to myself. I am glad that you enjoyed your swim, as a fellow desert planet native, swimming for the first time was an ethereal experience. See if you can discipline R2 for me." With that he exited the room. R2 caved in a little bit, and beeped a melody resembling a sigh. "I never knew Luke was a father."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there is Chapter 4, I really hope you enjoyed it.
Sign up to rate and review this story