Categories > Movies > Star Wars > Love and The Force Know No Bounds

Deliverance and the Unexpected

by Starseeker2424 0 reviews

Chapter 6

Category: Star Wars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Luke - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-02-21 - 3080 words - Complete

0Unrated
Two songs I recommend listening to when reading this chapter are SHADOW PREACHERS AND HYPNOTIC, both by Zella Day. I think from now on I am going to have a few song recommendations to add to the ante and enhance the reading experience. I really enjoyed writing this chapter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rey balked slightly. She had grown accustomed to Luke surprising her with random questions, but they usually involved some sort of philosophical mumbo jumbo. She hadn't been expecting him to actually devise an inquiry that was so, dare she say: normal. Luke watched her gaze and registered telepathic signals emanating from Rey that conveyed her puzzlement.

Luke chose to not delve deeper into the nature of her perplexity as it was her right alone to reach a logical conclusion. He remained their patiently as he saw his apprentice consider and evaluate his question. The gears in Rey's mind were certainly grinding, but due to her isolated childhood on Jakku she didn't possess extensive knowledge of cosmopolitan planets that held any real significance politically or intellectually. Furthermore, the planet was no where close to the Jakku system so any merchants or scavengers who she might have gleaned information from chose to not discuss Naboo as it had no impact on them as well. On Jakku the way of life was defined by a widespread ignorance as concerning oneself with galactic affairs was just a waste of time. Rey selected to answer honestly, as Luke would be able to tell if she was lying. "Sir, I know absolutely nothing." Rey waited impatiently for Luke's response. She bounced on the ball of her feet in a little jig that made Luke chuckle. Rey thought for a moment that he might have been laughing at her glaringly limited knowledge, but she thankfully realized he was amused by her nervous behavior.

"Rey it's alright. This isn't a trick question; there is no wrong answer. I just wanted to see if you had any information about the planet prior to my introduction of the mission. Long story short, it was a focal point of education and learning, the home world of Emperor Palpatine, a rich source of plasma and the place where my mother came from. In my moments of reflection, might I add that are few and far between now due to your shall we say interesting presence,

(Rey recently challenged herself to be a more dutiful and benign acolyte, but she thought it alright to partake in a little show of juvenile jocularity, she stuck out her tongue at her teacher)

I have found myself attuned to these specks of an erroneous nature. In a compartment of the galaxy where there nothing but quiet in the form of a black landscape of gravity prodding the empty space due to loneliness there now is an aberration that sticks out like a sore thumb.

I have often strained to communicate with the spirit of my daughter by way of ritual, but there was never any murmur of the fabric of space-time folding in on itself to permit my daughter leave from the Netherworld. In all my years as a follower of the Force and a Jedi every force sensitive I knew and loved was able to return to me as a Force Ghost. A feat that I recently learned in my research to be a strenuous task, but I still believe my daughter is strong enough to transcend the veil and manifest her soul and energy as a visible apparition. But now I do not only feel it in the Force but my heart I have detected her unique signature. For the first time in 20 years I find myself not in a wasteland of contrition and self-loathing. My daughter is alive."

Luke extricated himself from the chair and hastily enveloped Rey in a monumental hug. Rey was astonished by the different strands of relief and elation that slowly crept from the once desolate mind of Luke Skywalker. The hug conveyed whole spectrum of emotions. In this moment she was delighted to discover that she had finally forged a Force Bond of master and apprentice with Luke.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Via this holy link her sensitivity to the nuances of Luke Skywalker's mindscape were amplified tenfold. She returned the gesture with gusto as she hugged back. Despite the expanding family of salty and yet hopeful tears finding a home on her fabric clad shoulder Rey was confident that a new chapter of light is to begin for her master.

Rey was the first to disembark from the embrace and watched jovially as her instructor's grin only grew. In the borders of her preoccupations a battalion of responsibility threatened to pour out and dampen her happiness. She thought it best to allow a return to reality and priorities as there would be time for celebration once the work was done.

"Master, this is the best news I have heard. I cannot begin to express the joy that I feel. After so many years of toil you are long overdue for some solace and happiness. I hate to navigate away from such a wonderful topic but if there is anything I have learned from you, it is entirely irresponsible and negligent to forget one's commitments and duties, now what are your wishes regarding Naboo?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Padmé sent a tendril of force lightning to fry her cousin's brains out but he deftly erected a menial but effective force barrier to counter the barrage. He sent a kinetic blow to the Mandalorians that surrounded him but they responded with finesse as they activated their jet packs to compensate for the arrival of such momentum. They landed on their feet and removed grenades from their almost bursting pockets of weaponry. Padmé dashed to Kylo, her feet swept by the will of the Force, and she lifted her lightsaber and slashed Kylo's shoulder, but he was able to send the pain packing as he employed a momentary dark healing ritual sent the grenades flying back to their owners as they threatened to cause only further injury.

The assortment of plasma, poisonous and frag grenades did short work of incapacitating his cousin's lackeys.

Kylo foolishly engaged in a misplaced declaration of pride and revelry in the form of audible whoops not unlike his early years of being an eager Jedi apprentice who had gotten the hang of telekinesis. Padmé roared with fury indignation and demolished the defenses of her cousin and quickly restrained him in a menacing Force choke. The superior tactician of the pair she knew to capitalize on the arrogance of Ren.

"Dear cousin, what a valiant effort, I give you kudos for proving your mettle against my crew, but your hubris was always your greatest opponent. If you could only relinquish your petty sense of self importance you could unlock your full potential as a combatant. But now because of your idiocy I am gifted with the sweet reward of watching you write in pain. This is my retribution. Take a moment to really appreciate the luxury that is the ability to breath, now you will finally understand the cruelty of your actions as you left me for dead, an animated corpse suffocating in her own misery, begging for an end. Your suffering warms my heart. At last you can make me laugh. Thank you, you have made my day."

The clarity of the day slowly waned as the vital air refused to nourish the dark sider's body. Ripples of cascading light dancing with consuming darkness tentatively crept into Ren's line of sight. His throat was a mess of bursting blood vessels and flesh bereft of its reservoir of vitality. As his eyes closed he was jolted with a current of electricity.

Instead of rendering him a pathetic form of torment, the arrival of it could not be more welcome. The vivacious branches of life quickly repaired the corrosion done to his throat and released him from his cousin's telekinetic choke hold. A burst of air spawned from oblivion and attacked his cousin. She made hard contact with the spongy ground as she found herself a rather unforgiving rock pillow.

Ren was left panting on his hands and knees, rendered speechless and utterly dumbfounded in his change of fortune. A coaxing yet apprehensive entity lay its claim in the open space and when Ren lifted his head, he was astonished to behold the form of Rey before his very eyes. She looked absolutely terrified and just as confused as he. They locked eyes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, thank you for the reminder Rey, I would like to think I was just getting to that. I understand the connection between my daughter and Naboo is rather obscure; but I was able to pinpoint the life Force of my daughter to the terrestrial confines of Naboo. I know not what she is doing or whom she is with, but as a father, and one of the last remaining Jedi, I am honor bound to bring my student home."

She cringed internally at the prospect of carrying out such an important mission. The weight of her success would have to carry her through the tribulations that would undoubtedly await. Spines of electric pulses sashayed throughout Rey's body and a mirage of another place sprung to life.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rey observed the swaths of murky yet beautiful lakes with rippling glass surfaces of turquoise and she breathed in the aroma of nearby colonies of grass. This place was one of nature and purity; it was a nice change of pace from the smell of oil and grease that permeated the corridors of the Millennium Falcon. Rey's eyes focused on something in the distance, the skeleton of a shatter Upsilon cruiser and shuddered to guess what had ravaged the nigh impenetrable metal membrane. Flashes of orange, yellow and reds crackled before the wrecked star skiff and as her eyes adjusted to the reach between her and the fire work show the colors materialized into solid shapes that Rey could deduce to be humans bound in battle hardened but sturdy armor in addition to lethal implements.

A tower of a woman stood steadfast and resolute with curls and whips of black that concealed her identity but did nothing to shield one from the snarl of pleasure that raked through her features. She was undoubtedly a powerful ally of the Force, but Rey found herself unable to detect the nature of the woman.

There was a lone figure, an aberration that boasted rivulets of scarlet running from several locations who remain suspended in the air clutching at his throat as if choking on nothing, but everything. Rey's senses scanned and identified the immobile man clad in dark robes as something she was not expecting. The outer regions of the signature were biting and seemed to relish in the sting it inflicted, but as she climbed through the foreboding thorns, a small core of light resided within.

A name ripped through Rey's mind like a comet: Ben Solo. Choosing to defy her abhorrence of what was the fiend Kylo Ren, she vowed to rescue the good man that lay beneath.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene of battle retreated from the mind's eye of the acolyte and she stumbled forward jutting her hands out to stabilize her compromised balance. She snapped her eyes to Luke, and he was unnerved at the wicked ferocity held in her eyes. "Master, I think I just found your nephew. I don't know how or why but I was pulled into a vision of what I believe is occurring right now. Ben is in trouble, he is imprisoned in an invisible grip of strangulation in addition to a myriad of armor clad mercenaries and an imposing woman that is the one responsible for choking him. She radiated a strong signal in the Force, but she also reeked of malice. Who could she be?

Luke stepped back and shakily positioned his mechanical hand over his heart. A haunted realm sloshed in his eyes threatening to drown Rey in the horror. Luke slowly gazed at the cluster of wiring, metal and circuitry that defined him as a Skywalker. He only knew one other person with the same hand cleaved off. The assailant was none other than Padmé, his daughter.

If the statements made by Rey were indeed accurate, his child may already be captive in the throes of the dark side. He had failed as a father once, before but now was his chance to heal the ruin he allowed to fester. "Rey where do you think they are? No don't think, just feel." Rey answered in a rapid delivery of words, "I don't know how or why but I am certain that the planet is none other than Naboo. Master we need to travel there as soon as possible."

Luke nodded vehemently, "I couldn't agree more. Let's ready the ship." Rey moved to enter the cockpit when a razor sharp gasp lept from the previously tranquil Jedi. He held his head in his hands and expunged the ache as quickly as he could. He shook out the images and noises and stood up straight. "General Leia is in trouble. I grew up without knowing that I had a twin sister in this Galaxy, so soon after losing Han and Ren she demands to be consoled. I only hope she is not in a position to be injured physically. I cannot abandon her. You need to go, find Ren, and attempt to make my daughter see reason. I need the ship as of now to come to Leia's aid, but I can send you back. Be patient and wise my apprentice, follow the Light and let the Force guide you. Do not cave to the seductions of the Dark Side and remain true to yourself and my teachings. I see that you will learn much about your past. Do not run from it, but proclaim your heritage as your own. You can use what was once Dark to spread Light."

Luke raised a hand and Rey was teleported to Naboo. She was not even able to speak a word of farewell or to express her surprise that Padmé was also involved. A shadow of doubt shuddered inside Rey's heart as she feared the ominous warnings of her master regarding her origins.

Rey witnessed the reverberation as it dispelled Padmé from her standing position and recovered Ben from his paralysis. She remained stationary and mustered up the courage to address Padmé, "Excuse me. I am very sorry to interrupt but I was sent here to help. Your father was the one who brought me here, he misses you terribly and send me as an emissary."

Padmé laughed with a striking yet hollow tremble. "Father's new pet. I am offended that he did not come himself. He always depended on others to carry out his wishes. At least now I have another person to hurt, its not the same as torturing my father, but it will do."

Rey grabbed her lightsaber and ignited it. She elevated it to a protective posture. Padmé halted in her tracks for a moment, as she realized that the legendary lightsaber of her father, and his father before him lay in the hands of an outsider. "That is mine." Rey deflected the declaration and readied herself for a fight. "Really, because I think orange suits you much better." Padmé charged and in background of the irate Skywalker was Ben. He smirked slightly, and telekinetically seized a blaster from an unconscious Mandalorian. "Cousin, I made the same claim, but it chose her. I recommend you let it go. It doesn't want anyone of our line. She was chosen. And now I choose to slaughter your goons."

The last words spoke of a cruel desire and Rey shivered at the malice, but she reminded herself of the more pressing engagement. The Mandalorians were gradually procuring their bearings and were now even more motivated to assault Ren. They opened fire and orange with blue. Rey and Ren locked eyes once more, and a telepathic rapport was born.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate you, but for some reason I will help you. You take the ones with ranged weapons, then the ones with melee weapons. I need to prove that my ownership of this lightsaber is rightful and bring back Padmé to her senses.

Good luck she was always obstinate as hell. How about an accordance, we wait to kill each other until after we overpower these guys.

I hate you, how can you be so flippant? But I guess I have no choice, deal Ben.

Rey knew not why she ventured to address Ren by his birth name, nor did she fail to notice the shock on Ben's face.

What did you call me?

Ben. You don't deserve it, but if we are going to die we might as well be on a true first name basis.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Ok this is super cliche but I had to put in the banter. Hopefully nothing is too out of character, I just feel like Ben is actually a lot like his charismatic and humorous dad under the emo shell. And I felt that it was necessary that she start to see Ben as a person separate from Kylo. I will still address him as Ren just for the sake of easy identification, but I used Ren instead of Kylo sometimes as it rhymes with Ben. I was really channeling from Princess Azula vibes with Padme here. She is not evil, but she has kind of undergone a breakdown as her home was destroyed, she lost her hand, her cousin tried to kill her and she thinks her father abandoned her. Anyways, she is just unhinged right now. And I found it really symbolic that both her and Luke share a last name, are blond and have the same hand as a cybernetic outfit. UP NEXT: Rey and Ren pretend to be a married couple? Why is Rey scared of her past, and who is she related to? Will their attraction to each oher grow, and what of the light and dark? Also Leia and Luke reunion.

I promise more R2 and Chewbacca. I know they faded into the background, but considering the last chapter and this one only have taken up a day's time we can assume that they are doing repairs, playing Sabacc and outside and stuff. Thank you so much. Any feedback is welcome.
Sign up to rate and review this story