Categories > Movies > Star Wars > Love and The Force Know No Bounds

Revelation and Change

by Starseeker2424 0 reviews

Chapter 7

Category: Star Wars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Luke - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-02-21 - 4019 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: My favorite chapter of all. I hope you guys enjoy the reveal and the writing is up to par. This chapter raises the stakes and sets up the climax. I hope the dialogue isn't too clunky or cliche. This has been an absolute treat to write. I recommend listening to "The Animal I have become" by Three Day's Grace "BloodSport" by Raleigh Ritchie and "Shadow Preachers" by Zella Day. I hope the transition from banter to a dark fight is not too jarring, I just thought it adds some levity and humor. I am trying my hand at comedy writing kind of. Any critiques or questions just PM me. This chapter is 3,700 words of content so its a big improvement from 2,000 words.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's make a deal, if I can mow these morons down quicker you can dispatch Miss Maniacal over there then you give me the light saber.

Nice try but no.

If you agree I will give you my light saber. Red is definitely your color.

No way! Only a Schutta would accept that wager. Besides yours is not safe, I don't know how you don't cut your fingers off every time you ignite it with the lower cross guard.

It is of the finest craftsmanship I will have you know. I built it myself.

I can tell.

Where is it now?

Probably in several pieces buried under the remains of my ship.

I see you were trying to pull one over one me. You're much less dangerous without a laser sword in your hand. I'll pass.

Joykill.

It's my calling in life. We haven't made it out of this alive yet. Now shut up and pull your own weight man.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The remaining Mandalorians had merged together to construct a defensive knot. The basic set up of the concentration was heavy artillery stationed close to the floor to make way for their fellow compatriots wielding rifles and pistols as they would have a larger target space. This tactic was known as the Sarlaac Gambit, the warriors moving with lethal precision posed as much of a threat as the plentiful and blunt tendrils of the terrain bound leviathan. The grounded cannons were a mixture of mortar rounds and gravity welds. The intention for these particular weapons was to dislodge the opponent's footing and the absence of gravity would afford the prime opportunity to latch onto their victim's appendages with retractable cables.

The final step was to pull back the restrained combatants into the heart of the group and then the upper layer with the lighter blasters would shoot those unfortunate souls into smoldering mats of flesh. In addition to acting as the firing squad to those unlucky enough to fall prey to the Sarlaac Gambit's reach the rifle and pistol bearers made quick work of any other opponents from a sizable range.

Ben was expending much of his energy just trying to dodge the cannon attacks and no amount of physical augmentation would permit him to battle much longer. With a DC-15A that had seen better days as his only armament, Ben couldn't help but feel naked. He cursed himself for allowing his marksmanship to fall through the cracks as he devoted his life to the study and application of light saber fencing and blast deflection.

Despite his ineptitude Ben still felt a reckless surge of euphoria with every plasma bolt that he launched because it brought him back to a simpler time. It was simply him and the rifle working as a team, no blade to maneuver or a specific form to recall and execute. In an awful way he almost felt a connection to Han. As a child his father not only regaled him with stories of his various but equally epic exploits during the Galactic Civil War. But he would also take Ren to practice his blaster accuracy with Chewie. Ren's personal favorite escapade was the one where his father had met up with Uncle Luke and Ben Kenobi to rescue his mother from Grand Moff Tarkin. Ben never truly believed that his mother was in need of a hero as she had the guts to mock Tarkin's stuffy accent right to his face. She even withstood watching her planet dying in a swarm of debris and ravenous fires that burnt out quickly due to the imposing rule of cold space.

When his father got to the part about charging head first into a hall way without a second thought, rifle in hand, he could always know that without fail he would laugh so heartily as his father revealed that he ran into a whole squad of storm troopers. Han tried to repair his image and save face by downplaying the number of troops and the level of femininity that defined his scream. Melancholy faded the memory to black as Ren remembered the fact that he murdered his father. The great Han Solo slain by the only son he had, a remarkable father to the end as he pleaded with Ben to come home.

Another casualty of the Dark Side. Ben chose to sacrifice his name, family and self to follow Snoke because he wanted direction and purpose. At 15 he couldn't realize the fall out of accepting that crooked opaque hand that boasted the irresistible prospect of power and identity. In the years of isolation and ignominy that followed Ren became obsessed with preserving his grandfather's legacy.

Initially Ben was resentful of the long shadows cast by his parents and uncle; as superficial as it was he wanted to be someone renowned for his own achievements. Darth Vader bestowed upon him the opportunity to create something entirely new and powerful. Rey was the one to point out that Ben's dedication had decayed into a glorified inferiority complex. The Dark Side was no longer that catalyst of triumph that Ben once selfishly hoped it would be; it had only made him a murderer and a hypocrite. How could he have become this vile creature? His sole purpose was to snuff out light and impose a dynasty of darkness. He thought of his family to be weak as they combated the founts of malignancy that spotted the landscape of their spirit where the Sun could not reach, but maybe they were right. And Snoke was wrong.

Thoughts of redemption and forgiveness were absurd. Ben was as undeserving as the old Emperor himself of absolution. But it was possible that he could go down with a less heavy heart and a soul no longer drenched in the blood of those lost for his gain. Ben was unable to comprehend why Rey had come to offer succor. He had kidnapped, tortured and tried to kill her over something as trivial as a weapon; why was she here? What was the purpose behind her actions? Rey was a beacon of potential, and it was befuddling that she would risk her own skin to keep her former captor alive. The easy path would be to cast the rifle aside and offer himself as a sacrificial gizka, but if he were to even attempt to remedy the damage of his past he would have to survive to face the music.

Ben also owed it to the woman fighting valiantly at his side, venturing into the great unknown as she dueled the shattered shell that was once his cousin. He would make sure they both lived to see the next day. Ben raised his rifle and competently downed 3 Mandalorians in 1 magazine when the ice and cries reached him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rey was beginning to seriously question the relation between Luke and his daughter. Logically the connection made sense as they resembled each other heavily with the mechanical prosthetic, the famous last name and and the blue eye and blond hair combination but their demeanors couldn't have been more different. The variation was only becoming more profound as Padmé taunted Rey with promises of disembowelment and drowning in her own blood.

The female Mandalorian's psychological warfare was reminiscent of the Dun Möch tactic that guaranteed their opponent to lower their mental guard and slowly erode their resolve to contend fully in the altercation to retain their lives.

Rey started to adhere to a simple thought pattern in regards to her strikes and evasive measurements. Padmé was the superior duelist no question, but her prowess rendered her susceptible to overconfidence and a failure to employ sharp and clean technique.

The orange column of energy came unnervingly close to beheading Rey more times than she would prefer. The only conviction Rey held fast to was her response time and adaptability.

Parry, block, jump back, take advantage of a vulnerability left open. Several times Rey wished that she could fall back on her Force abilities but Padmé was intelligent enough to stonewall Rey in a hand to hand confrontation in order to avoid the necessary focus and strength to withstand and counter Force attacks. Padmé feigned left and was able to slash deeply into Rey's shoulder blade.

The success of the assault relied only on the confirmation of a strangled scream from Rey. Padmé telekinetically wrenched her father's light saber from Rey's weakening grasp and sent it flying several paces away. She ruthlessly kicked Rey's knees out and sent her sprawling in the mat of leaves, grass and swamp water. Padmé took her foot and wedged her heel into Rey's newly acquired wound and put full weight on it crushing Rey underfoot.

The deranged Skywalker had been piecing together an intriguing puzzle in her head as she kicked Rey in the gut and slammed her head into the ground. Why would this stupid girl rush to her cousin's aid without as much as a moment's hesitation. Padmé had proven herself to be a dangerously capable telepathic combatant and her skill also permitted her heightened awareness of extraneous telepathic communication occurring in the surrounding area.

There was a rapport between Kylo and this girl, a prominent vein ran deep into the past that explained the intense bond between the unlikely duo. Padmé had only witnessed such blind fidelity between two Force Adepts in her time: her cousin and that wretched little fiend that would follow Kylo to an early grave.

The connection between this girl and Kylo mystified an agitated Padmé to no end, but her reasonably skilled deductive ability indicated the presence of the Dark Side in both of their souls. The reality of the threat this girl and her cousin could pose hit Padmé with the magnitude of a meteor collision. It was her duty as a Mandalorian to expunge these aberrations from existence and save the Galaxy much pain.

In this case nature exceeded nurture on the influence it had over Kylo and Rey's character. Maybe some satisfaction could be salvaged from this encounter by messing with their heads and unleashing their demons right before they died.

Padmé removed her foot from Rey's inert form and watched with pleasure as the girl inched away on her hands and knees.

"You are exactly where you belong witch. Bowing before your betters."

Rey was struggling to remain awake but her confusion was still as potent as ever, "What have I ever done to you?"

Padmé giggled, "I suppose my father worked his magic once again by wiping your and my cousin's memory of each other and your childhood. This will be so much fun to enlighten you to the abomination that you truly are. You and my cousin were a formidable pair at the training academy, you worshipped the ground he walked on and he humored your obsession.

My father undoubtedly withheld your ancestry from you as it would be overwhelming for a child to carry the burden of that knowledge, it would also make you a target of ire and hate. My father's assistant was not such a secure confidant and soon word got out. You were the fragging great granddaughter of Emperor Palpatine himself. You are the direct descendant of the epitome of evil. You didn't know it at the time but you were already falling prey to the dark tendencies that were burnt into your genetic code, the companionship that you sought with my cousin was one of the Dark side.

His idolization of our grandfather Darth Vader turned my cousin into a fool. Seeing as our grandfather was Palpatine's lackey Kylo felt duty bound and was excited to be your friend Its no surprise that Snoke managed to get to you both at such a young age. My dear, you were bred to be a monster."

Rey's only reaction was one of utter disbelief which manifested itself in the repeated shaking of her head and her utilization of the word "no". Rey's voice began to rise as she elevated herself to a standing position once again. Soon her whispers were traded in for screams.

"You are lying. This is just your pathetic attempt at breaking me, but you will not succeed."

Rey forced herself to neglect the familiar knowledge breaking its way through the surface of her once blissful sea of ignorance.

"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

Rey lost all control.

"You are a liar!"

Rey's figure was blocked by a cloudy mist as her powers reached a fever pitch. Letting out a sonic scream that shattered the ear drums of all those present save for Ren, Rey released a swell of ice. Spikes protruding from nothing as they lodged themselves in the bodies of the Mandalorians and Padmé. Ren had to leap out of the way but he was still subject to the frozen barrage.

Icicles flew through the air and quickly became adorned with skin, flesh and blood as they bore into the slits between armor pieces. The temperature plummeted and a casing of ice covered a mile radius. Bits of hail and snow rotated faster and faster in the strangling cold. Rey reached out and grabbed Padmé as ice shot from her hands to trap Padmé in a bitter chokehold. Sheets of the ice expanded and covered everything it could find on Padmé's body, she screeched in agony as she was literally frozen to death. Rey violently pushed her away and let her fall to the newly formed skin of sleet.

She had never felt more alive. Euphoria was ever present and only make the yells of anguish and the squishy sounds of exploding body parts. She stepped on Padmé's remaining organic arm and shattered it into ruby red shards.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She retrieved her light saber and helped Ben to his feet as they crept in the opposite direction. A hollow chuckle accompanied Rey's enjoyment and with each reverberation Ben grew more disturbed. They reached a felled tree and Ren remained stationary as Rey tended to the frost bite and other afflictions racking Ben. Magically Rey's injuries had vanished.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Rey raised her hand to apply a bacta pad to Ben's face he shrank back as he observed the yellowing of her eyes as branches of purple and red subtly grew from her eye lid. The Dark side was already taking its hold. As Rey once again tried to make use of the pad Ren jerked away.

"I just saved your life. Could you do me the courtesy of acquiescing Ren?"

Ben forced back a steady supply of nauseating bile as she referred to him by his alias.

"It is Ben."

The declaration was brief but firm. He vowed to abandon the mantel he took as a killer and return back into a decent human being. His first act would be to bring Rey back from the brink of darkness.

He gently clasped her hand and discarded the pad to the side. He attempted to send soothing waves of healing via the direct contact but she resisted. He positioned her face squarely in front of his and his efforts began to work as the yellow retracted from her irises and the bruised vines shriveled away. He released her grip and they remained close for a while longer. Rey traced the scar she left on Ben's face with her eyes and she rushed to the side to vomit. What had she done? She had slaughtered countless Mandalorians and left Luke's daughter for dead.

She had failed in everything she sought to accomplish and allowed her rage to act as poison. She continued to vomit as glops of blood began to join the ranks of her vomitus. She was brought back from her stupor by the light embrace of Ben. He aided her in sitting upright. He never shifted his gaze to anything other than Rey. She stood suddenly and shoved Ben away.

"You did this to me! As a kid you led me down this path. You encouraged the echoes of my great grandfather to return in my actions. I was only a child and you let me become just like him. I hate you!"
Rey smashed into Ben with her knuckles until they ran red and cracked into crevices of split skin. Ben just sat their and allowed her to express her emotions. She collapsed and fell backward as a slight sob began to take shape.

"You are right Rey. I am the reason that you have the propensity for sadism. I corrupted a part of you, but there is still so much that is good and light in you. You have helped make me a human again and I am indebted to you. Don't give up now. If I can change so can you."

"Words mean nothing Ben. Do something worthy and then we can talk. But I have to admit you are a wise ass not a bad conversationalist. Maybe there is a possible future in which I can come back from this. I just cannot believe that I am descended from the root of all darkness."

"Rey light abolishes the dark. Together we can help each other."

The sobs subsided and Rey bent her head in fatigue.

"I am willing to try, but no promises. Now put your credits where you mouth is and join myself and Luke in saving your mother and the Resistance. Groveling will do no one any favors.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke was hoping for a reunion that wasn't defined by danger but he was not to be right. The first time he was to see his twin sister in a decade was in the medium of a hologram transmission. Leia had never looked so tired, there was no trace of fear in her face, just exhaustion.

"Luke I wish we were meeting on the ground of better circumstances but it seems the Force has played our hands for us. Supreme Leader Snoke's capital ship has been spotted exiting light speed in the near vicinity of D'Qar. He isn't alone, he has an entire fleet and we are sitting ducks. You know how to win in almost insurmountable odds against the evilest of foes, and the Galaxy needs you once more. And most of all, your sister wants you to come home. Help me Luke Skywalker, you are my only hope."

Leia managed to give a watery smile and disappeared in a linear fashion as the last visible thing was her salute.

Chewie and R2 were sitting alongside Luke as they watched the message. Anxiety reigned supreme, and even R2-D2 as much a droid as ever was emanating pulses of worry with sound effects to boot.

"Chewbacca and Artoo, ready the ship. We leave immediately. Just like old times."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I repeat we are not masquerading as a married couple. You are an idiot."

"Ok complain later be helpful now. I already killed one parent, and I don't be the reason my other one dies."

Rey softened slightly, "Fine, I concede. Though I think you are enjoying this too much. Just make the purchase."

Ben turned back and smiled roguishly. "What purchase? We are stealing this bad boy."

Through grit teeth Rey went along with the charade seeing as both of them were bereft of any acceptable currency. Rey beguiled the business man with the tale of their forbidden marriage and the fact that they were making a get away to Dantooine to raise their child away from all of the hubbub of Naboo and the interference of their families.

The Togruta listened patiently as he was keen on making a sale but little did he know that Ben was overriding security on the ship and programming the route to the Ileenium system in the navigational computer. Ben gave her a thumbs up and Rey knew it was time to start her criminal career.

"Look over there. It's a Jedi."

The Togruta immediately turned away to grab his holo camera to capture a picture of the Force monk for his wife.

Rey wasted no time and boarded the freighter with enviable speed and she had already buckled into the pilot's chair in the cockpit. Ben looked up with an agitated frown.

"Get up. That's my seat."

"Yeah right FlyBoy you made me commit a crime now I am in charge of getting us where we need to go. Buckle in and stop whining. It is unbecoming."

Ben begrudgingly plopped into the copilot's chair and began to work in perfect synch with Rey as they quickly readied the ship for take off. Before the business man had time to alert the authorities the ship was already in the air.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Padmé yearned for death. Losing her other arm and being responsible for the eradication of her entire squad was more than she could bear. She had failed and was no left to languish. Padmé had been instructed in esoteric Force arts that were unknown to the common person, but one of them was the ability to manipulate midichlorians to cause instant death. She had never known it to work on oneself, but Padmé was desperate to exit the physical plane of being.

She steadied her body and cleared her mind as she prepared to take her own life but a whisper broke her concentration. She screamed in frustration and only began to cry as her half dead form crumpled even further into its ravaged state. Her head grew heavy and she closed her eyes preying for a merciful end. Instead a monolith of a sentient approached her as cascading curtains of shadow melted away and he extended his hand as if to raise her up.

"My child. How they have broken you. No matter, I will make you even greater than before. Become my apprentice. I can offer you a place at my side and the opportunity to exact vengeance on those who did you wrong. Join me."

His words were like a siren song and they resulted in the only possible result of acceptance.

"What is your will master?"

Sides had shifted and the universe was not the way it once was. Key player for both the Light and Dark side have made decisions that will reshape the lives of all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bet none of you saw that twist coming. Rey is Palpatine's great grandaughter...what?! I know unexpected. Now we see Snoke taking on Padme as his pawn and Ben is starting to reclaim his humanity. I also wanted to reemphasize that Padme is not truly evil she just thinks in her own deluded way that her actions are justified and good. The usage of Ben's experiences with Han kind of helped me create a more organic feel for the character. From now on he will be known as Ben. This is the third to last chapter so the story is coming to an end very soon. I hope to have this finished by my birthday. Do not worry there will be a sequel and Rey's family will be further explored and Leia, Luke and Chewie will have larger roles. I have not decided if C3PO, Poe or Finn will make appearances. Stay tuned. Love you guys. Up next:Family reunion, Snoke finally fights for himself, Leia sucker punches Ben, Rey wrestles with her demons and begins to question herself. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story