Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 35 Valentines Day-Meeting New People

by Reign_Madden 1 review

Please r&r

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2006-09-17 - Updated: 2006-09-17 - 1793 words

0Unrated
The next three years flew by. You still lived with the guys at Frankie's house and you still worked at the clothing store except that you were promoted to assistant manager. You learnt a lot more about music and how the whole process works, not only that but Ray was teaching you how to play the guitar.
Good charlotte released their second album in 2002 and you started seeing them everywhere. You bought the Young and the Hopeless album when it came out and you even backdated and bought their first album.
As for the guys they had finally finished recording their second album and it was due to be released in March.
You were totally happy with how things were going, you had this great dysfunctional unit that you relied on and they relied on you.
Frankie had been dating a girl called Maria for a year and they were crazy about each other. Mikey was also dating a girl but he wouldn't let anyone meet her, he kept saying something about you tainting her so you're yet to meet her.
Gerard and Angela finally broke up after he caught her cheating on him, he was quite laid back about the whole thing but you were furious, the next day you saw her and punched her in her face, you never told Gerard though.
Life was great.

Present Valentines Day

'No Frankie absolutely not' you say shaking your head.
'Why not?' he asks.
'Because I don't need a date for Valentines day.'
'Yes you do, everyone needs a date'
'No everyone doesn't' you say
'Ah c'mon Reign please I already told them you'd go'
'What? Why did you do that' you retort hitting him.
'Because you need a date, and you need to get laid'
'Me getting laid is none of your business Frankie, what is wrong with you?' you ask starting to get angry.
'Nothing is wrong with me I just think you should have a date on Valentines Day.'
'Well I'm not going?' you say folding your arms.
'If you don't go Maria will be pissed at me and it will ruin the whole evening.' He pleads.
'Well you should have thought of that before you lied to them.'
'It doesn't have to be a lie' he said wrapping his arms round you 'Just drop me off at the restaurant and meet him you don't even have to stay,'
'Fine but I'm not changing' you say wriggling out of his grip.
'That's fine but you might wanna consider it since you have a stain on your t-shirt' he says grinning.

Annapolis
Benji's p.o.v

'I can't believe I let you talk me into this' I say walking beside Paul.
'It's going to be fine Benji' Lisa reassures me 'Alyssa's great you'll get on fine plus we're not going to leave you alone we'll be with you the whole time.'
'Except when were making out.' I reply grinning
'I doubt that very much, you won't get any on the first night' Paul states
'You wanna bet girls can wait to get a piece of me.' I reply with certainty
'Listen here Benjamin, you better behave yourself tonight I told her you were gentlemen.' Lisa says.
'I am a gentleman I'll be on my best behaviour' I promise, holding the restaurant door open. 'See look I'm holding the door open and everything.'

Normal p.o.v

'Jason this is Reign, Reign meet Jason.' Maria introduces you as you sit down at the table.
'Nice to meet you' Jason says smiling. My God he was hot.
'You to' you say shaking his out stretched hand.
'This is nice' Frankie states 'how about we get some drinks?'
'Sounds good, I'll come with you' Maria says getting up and leaving with him.
'So Frankie tells me you play guitar' Jason says, you can tell he's studying you.
'Yeah sort of, I'm still learning baby steps and all that' you answer trying not to stare at him. But he was gorgeous.
'So you play the drums' you say tearing your eyes away.
'Yeah I've been playing for a couple of years.' He says sitting back in his seat.
'I've always wanted to play the drums but Bob won't teach me.' You say taking your jacket off.
'Why won't he teach you?' Jason asks curiously.
'He doesn't have the patients to teach me, he gave me a lesson once but it ended in tears.' You say honestly.
'No way he made you cry.' Jason exclaims
'No I made him cry.' You say laughing
'You are not serious.' He replies laughing with you
'I' am, it was that bad,'
'So how do you know...' Jason starts.
'One sec' you say interrupting him, your cell phone was vibrating on your leg.
'Hello'
'It's me Frankie'
'Frankie why are you calling me from the bar?' you say looking around
'Oh I'm not at the bar. I mean I was but now I'm at the car.'
'Okay why are you calling me from the car?' you ask unsure of where this is going.
'Coz we're ditching the two of you' he says as if it's a normal thing to do to people.
'What!' you scream down the phone as the realisation of what was happening dawns on you.
'Yeah I thought you'd be mad, hey quick look out the window.' Frankie says.
You turn and look out the window just as Frankie drives by waving at you.
'See you at home Zero have fun with Jason.' he says hanging up.
You press your face against the window until the car drives out of sight. You put your phone back in your pocket and sit back in your seat; you are so mad and embarrassed that you can't even talk.
'So they ditched us huh?' Jason says reading your expression.

Benji's p.o.v

'He ditched you' Lisa exclaims laughing
'Yep he dined and dashed on me.' Alyssa admits
'That is raw' Paul says laughing lightly
We had been at the restaurant for about an hour and I was totally relaxed, Alyssa was funny and charming not to mention hot.
'I have to try that one day' I reply 'not on a date but definitely on Joel or Billy.'
'Dude we could do it together' Paul says laughing
'So what's next?' Alyssa asks looking at us.
'How about a movie?' Lisa suggests.
'I have a better idea how about Benji and I get outta here and leave you two alone' Alyssa offers standing up.
'You guys don't have to do that' Lisa replies kindly.
'Yeah we do you guys have been slipping in and out of your own world all evening, plus we wanna get to know each other better don't we Benji' she says grabbing my hand.
'Yeah you guys shouldn't be alone it is Valentines Day. Me and Alyssa are gonna go.' I say following her out of the restaurant.
'Do you realise we just dined and dashed' Alyssa says once we walk out into the cool night air.
'Oh snap, that's awesome' I say 'You're bad'
'You have no idea' she says walking off and I have no choice but to follow.

Normal p.o.v

That is not true' you say laughing
'It is I swear it'
'I can't believe it, weren't you embarrassed.'
'No I was too wasted at the time' Jason confesses
You hate to admit it but you're having a really good time. Jason is funny, laid back and fun to be with.
'I was totally shocked when I found out you wanted to meet me.' He says eating an onion ring.
'What? Frankie told me you wanted to meet me.' You exclaim in surprise.
'They totally stitched us up.' Jason replies laughing.
'To be honest I wasn't even going to come tonight. Frankie told me 30 minutes before we were due to meet that I had a date with you. I wasn't feeling it at all I just wanted to stay at home and watch TV.' You admit, you might as well be honest with him.
'I wanted to do the same, I told Maria that I didn't want to go but she told me that you were expecting me so I couldn't just back out. But I'm glad I did come I'm having a really good time.' He replies blushing slightly.
'Me too, I'm glad I came but I'm not going to tell Frankie that, he is so dead when I get home.'
'Same goes for Maria, I'll kill her' he says
'A toast to killing our friends' you say raising your glass
'To killing our friends' Jason repeats.

Benji's p.o.v

'Thanks for spending the evening with me, I had a great time' Alyssa says.
I was actually nervous; we were standing outside her house on her doorstep you know the typical goodnight spot.
'Yeah me too, I had fun.' I admit 'So what happens next?'
'Well usually in these situations you'd take my number and promise to call.' She answers moving closer to me.
'Right, so can I have your number please and I'll promise to call.' I say
'No actually you can't have my number, but you can have this.' She says pressing her lips against mine catching me off guard. It took a couple of seconds to register what was happening before I kiss her back. I pull her against me savouring the taste of her lip balm in my mouth, her body felt nice against mine it had been a while since I held a girl this close.
'That was unexpected' I say when we pull apart.
'I know I don't usually kiss on the first date' she admits blushing.
'So what happens now since I can't have your number?' I ask
'I'll take yours' she says pulling out her cell phone and handing it to me.
I type in my number and handed it back to her.
'Goodnight Alyssa' I say making my way down the porch steps.

Normal p.o.v

'So can I see you again?' Jason asks as he walked you up the porch steps to the house.
'Yeah I'd like that.' You reply.
'You did have a good time right?' he asks
'Of course I did, if I didn't I would have dined and dashed on you.' You joke.
'You would do that?' he asks his smile disappearing.
'No I was just kidding, I'd feel too guilty.' You say pushing him slightly.
'For a second there you nearly put me off from asking you out again.' He replies his smile returning.
'Well I'm glad I didn't' you say blushing
'Well thanks for a great evening' he says kissing your cheek 'I'll call you'
'You better.' you say turning and heading into the house.
Sign up to rate and review this story