Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Letting Go at Ease

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The conclusion of the Kyosuke family arc.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Watari - Published: 2018-03-06 - 449 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty: Letting Go at Ease:

Kyosuke leaned back.

"There it is," he said. "You found me out. I've been helping my family." He turned to April.

"I had to help them," he said.

"Why?" the English shinigami asked.

"I couldn't stand to see them like that anymore," Kyosuke said. "I know it was out of place, but they are my family."

"I don't blame you for that," April said. "You just vanished on me there. It would've been nice of you to say something." Kyosuke rubbed the back of his head.

"Oh, sorry about that," he said. "Watari-san and I were busy."

"Watari-san?"

"Yeah. It shocked me too. I thought he was there to stop me. I was amazed he helped me." Kyosuke noticed the look on April's face.

"What?" he asked.

"I just wish," she said. "You would've told me. I wanted to help too." The male shinigami's jaw dropped.

"Really?" he asked. April nodded once.

"Yes," she said. Kyosuke whistled.

"Wow," he said. "I had no idea."

"Why didn't you ask?" the English shinigami asked. The other shinigami shrugged and shook his head.

-Chijou-

"Excuse me," Mitsuko said. She bolted for the kitchen.

"Nee-san?" Kimi asked. Mitsuko leaned against the fridge. Her heart raced as she read the e-mail.

Dear MichiBunny,

What are you so afraid of? That I won't like you if you were disabled. Why lie? You didn't have to impress me. I like you for you.

Love, LonelyScholar

Mitsuko sank to her knees. What… was this? What did this mean? She hit reply.

"What do you mean? Do you still want to meet me?"

Mitsuko trembled as she hit "send". She was about to get up and walk into the living room when her phone buzzed. The woman looked at the screen. His message made her heart flutter.

"Of course I do!"

Mitsuko mouthed "wow" to herself. Then, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Kimi shouted. Footsteps walked up to the front door. The door opened.

"Nii-san?" a voice asked. Mitsuko lifted her head.

"What?" she asked. The woman leaped to her feet and raced to the living room. Her jaw dropped.

"Sosuke-nii?" she asked. The older brother leaned against the door frame and waved.

"Yo," he said. The other siblings were too shocked to move.

April turned to Kyosuke. "What will you do now?"

Kyosuke looked up at the sky. "I don't know. Move on, I guess." She placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You can still watch over them, you know?"

"Yeah…" he said. Their phones began to ring. The shinigami pulled them out. They ran straight to the building. Watari sent them a text.

"Come quick! I just discovered something!"
Sign up to rate and review this story