Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Visions of Serpents

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki expresses his fears for losing Anna when he notices that something is wrong with her.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2018-04-05 - 340 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-One: Visions of the Serpent:

-Tsuzuki-

There's been that fear. I might lose Anna-chan. It's there, watching us. I can feel it smirking. Lately, it's gotten worse.

Anna-chan's scared too. She acts brave, but I can see through the mask. I've seen her act, brave, but this different. I want to say something. I feel that I should.

We should be happy. Married for two years, we still have the apartment, Airi isn't as bitchy towards me, and we have a beautiful baby girl. Everything is good.

But it's still there. What does it want from us? Why can't it leave us alone?

I don't like Airi's plan. Something could go wrong. But she won't listen.

"It's the only way to draw him out," she says. I don't believe her. It won't end will.

But… Damn it. Is it don't or can't?

That's not the point. I can't lose them. I can't. I don't know what I'd do. I need to calm down, though.

I rubbed my forehead.

I'm sorry. I have so much on my mind. Ever since Anna-chan got branded, I have to stay by her side. But usually I don't want to smother her.

That luxury was taken from us.

I don't want to lose her. She barely sleeps anymore. I can see self-doubt staring us down. Tonight, it's doing just that. I shivered as I felt their eyes on me.

What do you want from me? Leave us alone.

Soft whimpering drew my attention to my side. Anna-chan lay on her back.

"Anna-chan?" I asked. I put my hand to her cheek. I jumped and drew back hand. She's so cold. Hm? What is she saying? I leaned my ear down to her lips. I couldn't make out what she was saying. My love looked so pale. But then, she said something that gave me pause. Two little words.

Save… me…

I don't know why I did this. I just…

I leaned down and kissed her. My hand grabbed onto her in the drowning darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story