Categories > Original > Historical > Dove il lupo ha fatto tappa (Where the wolf did step)

Entry 5

by A_L1777 0 reviews

The shelling from the Austrian army had stopped for a day... and Ermete uses it to ponder. He doesn’t want to die, and leave his younger brother behind, nor does he want to die, at all. Can’t b...

Category: Historical - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2018-04-12 - 185 words

0Unrated
November 30, 1915

The shelling has ceased for the day. There has been no attacks, and we don’t complain about it. We are exhausted, mentally. With time, my mind wanders about all those who have died by our hands. They had a life, they had a family, and we’ve torn it apart. Those at the frontlines, fighting against the Austrians, going on offensives are the ones I think about the most. The word about these offensives are saying that they’re failing. The men who die there die for nothing, it seems. We fight a war with no point. All we are told is that we fight for Italy. Dulce et Decorum Est. It is not glorious. It is saddening. I fear death, for I do not want to leave Arsenio grieving, nor any of my family. Yet, I know that death finds its way to everyone, eventually, and some quicker than others. I just hope that it comes for the Austrians before it comes for me, and that I will not be that harbinger of death for them. The one that ruins their life.
Sign up to rate and review this story