Categories > Original > Humor > The Nut Job: A New Hero

Reborn

by MaxTV1234 0 reviews

A 17 year old Human named Alex Hunter is transformed into a squirrel by a mysterious being in order to bring back Alex's true happiness. Alex will make new friends, new enemies, and become a hero o...

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-04-14 - Updated: 2019-03-08 - 2351 words

0Unrated
Note: The Nut Job belongs to Open Road Films and the characters belongs to their creators, but some of the characters you don't recognize from the movie belongs to me.

I don't know how long I was out but I know that something about the atmosphere feels a bit different. I opened my eyes slowly and only to find...darkness. Yep that's right...darkness. I looked around and saw nothing else except for where am I. I started to piece my memories of what happen and then I finally remember.

My name is Alex Hunter, and I was just a 17 year old human. My life was terrible back then, but I rather not talked about it because it probably will be a waste of time, but the real question is that how did I get here?

"Hello?" I heard a voice called out. I looked around trying to see who spoke up. "I see you're finally here." I turned around, but saw no one around. I tried to grab my bamboo stick, but the voice stopped me.

"Wait..please, I'm not hostile." I decided to keep my eye on them for a while. "Greetings...it's nice to meet you Alex Hunter." I became shocked to see this...thing knowing my name.

"Wait, how do you know my name?" I asked suspiciously.

"I'm sorry, but its best if you don't know about it." So you won't even tell me your name, typical.

"But listen, that's not important, now listen, I brought here so I could talk to you." the voice told me in a worried manner. I rolled my eyes for It already telling me something that I already know.

"About what?" I said to it sarcastically. The voice ignored that and moved on.

"I noticed how cruel your life was, so I'm here to help."

"To take me somewhere where I could be alone, forever." I told Spirit in a rude manner. I think Spirit ignore my rudeness and decided to speak out.

"No...to give you another chance." I became surprised of it saying that Spirit is giving me a second chance or whatnot. "Now listen, I'm going to give you a choice...you can go back to your old life and continue your life and be alone forever or I can use my powers to help you on a path of redemption and give another chance." I decided to think about this choice and ask this voice some questions.

"Another chance of what?"

"For you to make up all those lost years of bullied and abandonment." I widen my eyes in shock for it to know so much about me. I couldn't agreed to this, this thing is stupid.

"And for what reason should I do that?!" I yelled angrily at the voice. The voice didn't respond for a while until it spoke.

"I know that you that you had a terrible life back then.but I know that you'll live a good life than your last, I promise you that." I kept clenching on my fists in anger and realize how much it wants me to accept the second option. I feel like it's like bribery but whatever.

"Fine, I'll do it." I replied, already annoyed by the voice.

"Thank you...before I bring you back to life, I must warn you that once your back to earth...you won't be yourself." I raised my brow in confusion of what she meant.

"What do you mean 'won't be myself'?"

"Oh you'll see." Still, what is she talking about? Is something gonna happen to me? "But I need to tell you something.'

"What?"

"Once you go back, promise me something..." The voice paused, sounding a bit sad. "Promise me that you mustn't kill anyone." What? "If you want to take this path of redemption, you mustn't use your skills to kill anymore. Please promise me that." I thought for a while and looked at my hands. All these years, I was told by some voice to not kill anyone anymore. I guess I got no choice...

"Fine..."

"Thank you." Whatever, at least my job is done for good anyway. "Oh one more thing." I let out a sigh of annoyance at the voice for keep stopping me at sending me back home.

"Remember this, never give up on hope because it will soon help you create a brighter future for everyone." What does that voice mean by that? Before I could ask it that, the atmosphere started to change as a ray of light shine before me, causing me to cover my eyes, I didn't know what was happening, but as soon as the light got more bigger, I blacked out.


...

...

...

......Huh?

I opened my eyes and saw myself that I was in a dark alley. I looked around the area and saw that the sky was dark, guess it's time. While looking around I notice something odd. "What? how did that trash can get so big?" I notice that the garbage bins were so bigger than me, this doesn't make any sense. I rubbed my head, trying to relax and figure out this situation, but I notice that my hand seems a bit different, I looked at it and notice that it was covered in black fur. I widened my eyes in horror and went to find a mirror.

While searching for one, I looked at a puddle, once I looked at it, I saw a black squirrel with blue eyes color, wearing a long red scarf around his neck, and a bamboo stick hanging around his back. I became shocked to see what's going on.

"I'M...A...SQUIRREL?!" I became shocked to see what happen to me. I didn't want to believe it but there's no denying it, I've been transformed into a squirrel. So this is what that voice meant by 'won't be myself'. I clenched my fist in anger, realizing that voice did this.

"Once I get my hands on that thing, I'm gonna-" I then heard some ruckus coming out from the trash can, I turned around, only to find a disgusting looking rat, glaring at me with a devious smile.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? A trespasser walking through my turf." I kept my eye on him as he jumped from the garbage can and slowly walk towards me. Well, I'm not surprise to see a rat talking in front of me, well you see, I have the ability to talk to animals well back when I was a human, so for me talking to an animal even though I'm an animal, this is just getting confusing.

"If I were you, I advise you to leave my home." I glared at him darkly, but then closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry for trespassing, I'll take my leave, thank you very much." I walked away from him, heading for the exit, but before walking there, I was ambushed by many more rats, they were blocking the exit. I tried to grab my bamboo stick but the rat I encountered pinned me on the ground and hold me down.

"Sorry but you should at least never came here." I can't believe that this bastard tricked me. When I get out of here and figure out where I am, I'm gonna kill him. "Anyway boys, he seems good for dinner." I widened my eyes as he was about to eat me, I can't believe it, these guys are gonna eat me. I know animals and humans eat each other because that's the way of life..but rats eating a squirrel..that's wrong. But then again, while everyone else was talking, I grab my bamboo stick and hit him hard on the head.

I quickly got up and ran off the other direction. "GET HIM!" I heard the rat's voice, telling his friends to chase after me. I quickly ran to the other end of the alley. I quickly ran as fast as I could from them but it was kinda hard to run on two legs but I didn't mind. Once I arrived to the other end of the alley, I found out that it was a dead end. I became angry for this to happen and looked around and saw a ladder, I thought for a while and decided to climb up there. Once I did, I jumped onto the handle and climb up.

I kept climbing until I made it the top, I looked around and hid behind a bird cage. While hiding, I notice that a flock of birds looking straight at me. "No, stop looking at me, stop." I whispered to them, but they didn't get the message. I was so busy trying to make them stop looking at me, that I didn't notice that the rats were already at the top. I slowly back away from them until I realize that I had nowhere to go.

"Look, you can make this easy for us, you let us eat you and we'll mind our own business." I clenched my fist in anger at this rat. How is that a good deal for me?! I began to think for a realize and look at my bamboo stick. Guess I have no choice, huh?

I grab my bamboo stick and fought back against them. "Oh would you look at that, he's got himself a toy, oh I'm so afraid." The leader rat said sarcastically.

He send two rats to attack me but I swatted them back. I kept hitting them over and over again, but the more I defeat, the more they come, but I got the hand of it. After I defeated his rat army, he looked at me with a shock expression, seeing me defeated his entire army.

"I don't believe it, how could you-" I interrupted him by coming to his face with the stick in my hands. "If I were you, I would run away as fast as I can, and if I ever see you and your goons ever again, you're gonna wish you were never born." I threatened him, he became worried of what would I do to him.

I put my bamboo stick back around my back and decided to leave to find my surroundings, but I shouldn't have let my guard down because as soon as I turned around, he attacked me and scratched my back real hard. I screamed in agony and fell down on my knees. It real hurt, that two timing bastard! He started to laugh at me and glared at me with his with weird eyes.

"Oh you think that I was going to give up just like that, well, you got another thing coming." He then jumped towards me, ready to attack, but I luckily, I dodged it. He then turned around and hiss at me, I wished I could run away but, I couldn't do to the slash on my back he gave me.

"Alright, I had enough of your games!" He came charging at me, but I before he could attack, I dodged and hit him in the gut with my elbow, did I also mention that I also learn Ken-do? He fell to the ground, rubbing his stomach while groaning in pain. Serves him right for attacking me.

I decided to get out of here and find a good place to hide from these guys. Before I could leave, some of the rats started to wake up from the beating I gave to them. I quickly panicked and tried to find a way to escape. I then noticed a park nearby that I could get to, but it's so far away.

"You know for someone who's about to be food, you're really strong, and I admire that." I turned around and saw that the rat's leader got up, dripping blood from his mouth. I tried to find a way, but there was no way out, I was surrounded by rats. I thought that I was done for, but then I looked at my scarf. I kept looking at it, this scarf...it holds many memories of the times I spent with her..I then realize what I had to do.

"So, what you gonna do? You're surrounded, there's nowhere to run."

"Oh I don't think so." I told him. He and his gang became confused of what I meant by that. I then closed my eyes and..jumped off the building. I began to fall to my doom, but..I grab my scarf and used it as a parachute glider. You thought that I was gonna die huh? Guess again? I looked at the rats and notice that the leaders rat looked at me with a shock expression.

I then let out a sign telling him "Sayonara smart-ass". While gliding away, I across to the park and tried to fly over it, but the wind started to pull in, causing me to lose control. I then started to fly down real fast and saw a tree in my way.

"Oh this can't be good." I then rammed into the tree and fell down to the ground, landing on the bushes. I tried to get up but then I felt pain, I look at my leg and realize that I twisted my ankle.

I looked around and tried to get out of here, but I notice my red scarf on the ground as I grab it. I put it back on and decided to be on my way, but do to my ankle being broken and the scratch I got thanks to that stupid rat, I couldn't anywhere.

I tried to find move but then suddenly I started to feel unconscious as if I was knocked out, my eyes started to close, even though I didn't want to, but as I tried to open them, I realize that I blacked out. I don't know why I was turn into a squirrel, but maybe..this is the new life Spirit told me about...is what she said is true? Will I find true happiness as a squirrel?
Sign up to rate and review this story