Categories > Original > Historical > Where The Wolf Did Step

Entry 10

by A_L1777 0 reviews

Ermete is paranoid. He’s terrified of the new man, Nieri. It’s not very clear why, though...

Category: Historical - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2018-04-16 - 215 words

0Unrated
December 5, 1915

The snow is falling, and no attack was made. It seems the Austrians are getting wary of sending troops in useless offensives. If that is to be the case, then we welcome it. We need a break from the shelling, the killing, and the gunfire. We need some peace. We need to have some time to get to know each other. We don’t want to die and be forgotten, we want to die and be known and praised for our acts, although our acts are atrocities, in truth. We’re doing what we want, though. We received new supplies, today. We have used so little, that they are begging us to keep some with us. We do not object. However, that man, Nieri, he still scares me. He looks as if he’s waiting, as if he’s stalking prey like an eagle eyes it’s rodent meal from the skies. And I fear he may come down, and take someone. I do not know who he would take, but I am keeping my Mauser on me, at all times. If he tries to so much lay a hand on me, or anyone in the wrong way, I will kill him. He hides something sinister, and I do not know what it is.
Sign up to rate and review this story