Categories > Games > Tekken > TEKKEN 8 - THE FALLEN ANGEL

The therapy

by LotusStream 0 reviews

Deep thoughts.

Category: Tekken - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2018-05-30 - 4085 words

0Unrated
JIN'S POV:

I feel weightless, I feel euphoric and I feel bewildered. Many things happened in these last couple of days. Before I was a stoic and ruthless person who determined to think only about putting an end to Mishima Bloodline and nothing else. I was used to be like this before; people describe "Jin" as an evil and cold character. Now, I got my mother back and then my Devil Gene has gone. Not to worry about Kazuya anymore, I guess. Every plan I made has twisted unexpectedly but with satisfaction. However, it is harder for me to shrug off the personality that I have developed. I still have guilt that is tormenting me, that I regretted those actions in past of putting the world in danger. I need to take responsibilities. It's killing me, I do have depression too. Nevertheless, I should forget about suicide because I got my mother back. I feel empty while thinking of what to do in future. Now, where can I shift my determination to? Not feeling satisfied due to that my goal is incomplete, but I know it is necessary now.

Not only that, my emotions were added up when I met Maya. Don't know what it is, but I feel curious and empathy towards her. I was so grateful for her, but I can't be just grateful. Her mysterious behavior tempted me to dig deeper into her secrets, to repay my gratefulness by helping her. Before these blissful days, I was the person who doesn't care about others concerns. I am so happy that something little is changing inside of me. I am not feeling any anger or hatred on anything, some kind of burden has lifted up. That's because that I am free from Devil Gene!

I was thinking all this while lying on the bed and suddenly interrupted by the knocking of the door. "Come in!"

As the door opens, it revealed to be Maya. She is so different this time; I would say she keeps changing every day. I have seen her with masks and with badass or odd clothes since beginning. Now she proved me that she is a celebrity and beautiful. She is well put together, looks formal, feminine, cute and elegant. She is not that revealing like I came across several women.

MAYA'S FASHION DESCRIPTION:

She was wearing something classy and chic 40's style version of crop top. A white button-down shirt with low-round collar and full ruffle sleeved. Then she had a cute round cream-colored skirt, which stops just above the knee printed with pink floral patterns. The shirt tucked into the skirt tight and neatly which makes it look like two-piece crop top. For feet, she rocked with a white peep toe.

She is also a fan for jewelry, which makes her more elegant. She wears a set of large and thin rose -gold hoop earrings, which decorated inside with some gemstones. Then she wears a gold clasp bangle bracelet on the right wrist, where she has a beauty mark too. Moreover, on the other wrist, she wears a rose gold thin watch. The chain she wears is not that visible, due to that she covered it by putting inside the shirt.

On top of that, her hairstyles always define her. She has a natural long, wavy and thick black hair, now she added a little bit of color. She follows the Balayage trend for highlighting her hair using caramel color. Her hair is layered with bangs. She always use natural makeup style due to her clear pale skin, which she have bright eyes, rosy cheek and juicy pink lips. She is not a manicure person; she has a good trimmed nail without any polish or color.

JIN'S POV:

She crossed her arms and leans towards the doorframe, tilted her head and smiled at me. Her smile is beautiful and genuine, her cross-feet around her eyes looks cute.

"Good morning, Jin. Slept well?"

"Good morning, Maya. I woke up already and freshen up myself. You look so different and happy today."

"You are seeing me first time wearing my usual outfit." She came forward and sat on the edge of the bed where I sat up opposite to her. She was more compassionate than before, showing more expressions even with her tone. I was astounded by her action. Her smile never stops and continued to speak up directly looking into my eyes.

"I keep smiling due to the complaints I hear from the people around here. They say that I distancing myself from everyone. So I decided, why bother?"

"Maya, keep smiling like this always. I don't know what bothered you before."

"I will keep smiling for you, Jin. However, finding my problem is not important now. I came here to help you out, psychologically."

"Psychologically...?" Without hesitation, she puts her hand on my lap and leans towards to look deeper into my eyes. She lowered her voice too.

"Yes. I know that your mind is clouded with emotions by now. So, first I changed my mood for myself so that I can help you out too."

I can see her face very clearly and her eyes are blue and gleamy. I understand that she becomes comfortable around me, so I decided to find out the truth about her by using this chance.

"Thank you very much, Maya. This is what I battling for many hours until now. You are always here when I needed."

"Don't go too overboard. It's just my duty." I quickly hold her hand, which is on my lap. She doesn't seem to react to it.

"Okay, Maya. Do whatever you want." I gave her a half smile. After a moment of awkward silence, she suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Come on, I will show you an interesting place where I visit there occasionally." She started to drag me somewhere towards the exit.

"M-Maya...? Where are you taking me?"

"Just come on, Jin!" She is dragging me through the corridor to somewhere, but everything around me is out of my focus. I just kept staring her hair movement where she is walking in front of me by holding my hands. Then she walks towards a wall and pressed a secret button there. That section of the wall opened automatically upwards, revealing a beam of sunlight coming from that passage. Then she led me in, which revealed to be a beautiful and magical secret garden. She then released her grasp on my arm.

"This is the place where I spend most of the time to relax myself, Jin." She said as she extended her both arms and expressing the nature. She then quickly held my both hands, "I am sure that you will love this place, Jin!"

"I love it, Maya. So beautiful."

"Come on; let's go to that bridge over the pond." She led me to the bridge and stopped in middle. She enjoyed the view on the pond for a minute by looking out. Then we head towards a bench near. She then sit down on the bench and looked up on me staring her. She then taps the bench besides her asking me to sit. Therefore, I went up to her and sat beside her comfortably.

"Jin, you can come here any time you want."

"Thanks, Maya. But... uh... I forget the route. I didn't focus well..."

"It explains about your mental state now. However, don't worry Jin, I can show you the route and this place is actually confusing. There are several maps pinned on the wall in each floor to find ways."

"Oh okay, I see... Well, I wonder how you and mother started to work here? How did you find this place?"

"Well... I have met Wakitarou Quintus the CEO of WOOCE seven years ago. He is also the founder of this organization. We met in a different circumstance and so he agreed to help me out. Jun and me were already appointed to work here, we officially became the member of WOOCE. However, we just went to India and stayed there for six years. We have been here since last year, when we discovered Kazuya was alive."

Whenever I dig deeper, it doesn't giving me any satisfied answers. All I get is more questions. Her answers don't satisfy one another, she gives me bits of answer from here and there. How do they meet? What circumstances? Why they went to India? I think I should ask simple question for now.

"You stayed in India? Why is that?"

"Uhm... for some reasons... For studying... yeah for studying actually..."

Not convincing, but I remember that mother told me about Maya studied in India. That could be true, also she is hiding something.

"Okay..."

"Jin? You said that you are having a disarray of emotions. So tell me everything, I will listen to you. Let's start the therapy."

"I feel empty and I don't know what to do. I also have guilt towards my actions in past. I don't know how to explain my feelings now, Maya. I am sorry."

"No need to feel sorry, Jin. I understand about your feelings as clear as crystal."

"You do?"

"Yes. In fact, I predicted this way before everything happened. You fixed your mind for only one goal, which is your former goal for a long time. Along the way in fixing your mind, you faced many deceptions that transformed you into a different person. This sudden change in the path of your determination, becomes harder for you to distract your mind to another... is that right?"

"Yes! That's what is going on in my mind." She smiled as I said.

"Do you still have fear of hurting others?" It's as if she is reading my mind.

"I forget sometimes that I am free from the curse. I think I still have fear. I also tend to stay away from many activities as ordinary people do, but I still have fear to experience those. I have trust issues and I have no interest in engaging any kind of fun activities as others do."

"I understand. Being an ordinary person is a lot better than an extraordinary person is, trust me. Fear is our worst enemy yet a brilliant friend too. Because we can't fight against it unless we stand in their own shoe. I would say that fear is a fake friend of yours who stab you in back because it helps you to stay safe but stops you from involving in it completely. Jin, you must step up and get out of your boundaries. Moreover, I will help you in that. Because I know that giving advices are simple than following it. So, I will make sure to help you get better."

It makes sense about fear...

"Interesting... I am glad that you helped me out. Thanks, Maya."

"Just my duty. In addition, about your remorseful actions in past, I would say just forget about it now. No men can be good for responsibilities unless they are stress free. Just cast aside your guiltiness for now. Our organization is still helping and your allies too. There are regrets that we done purposefully for our uncontrollable anger and there are regrets that we done to happen something good but it backlashes us. Your type of regret is the latter one, which I had too. To overcome that, we have to take the nicer part from it. This regret is easy one, you can think that you done to happen something good. Jin, you did this to save the world."

"But-"

"Forget the "buts" now. Feel relax."

I am so glad that I have a guide to overcome this. She did spill something about her, here and there. She also has some regrets. She said it in a disappointed tone. However, she won't answer me if I directly ask her.

"I think I diverted my goal to help someone very close to me who has been through a lot like me, I guess."

"Okay, seems persuading. I'll be always there for you when you need anything."

No matter what, I am going to do what I am feeling now... even if she feels uncomfortable. I suddenly gave her a hug and she gasped. She is two inches shorter than me, so not a notable difference. Nevertheless, I am larger than she is. She is very slim but fit. I can feel her being nervous, but she is not pushing away. I can feel her breath too. I whispered in her hair, "Thank you very much, Maya. The most thoughtful gift that I ever received. These words can't be enough, so I will do anything for you. I can't do everything but I will make sure to do anything that would make you happy." I slowly pull myself and looked directly into her eyes. I still hold her shoulders and we have fewer gaps between us.

MAYA'S POV:

Why I feel so valued and so honored? It shouldn't be! Most of the men I came across weren't nice to me. Some says not all men are same. Is that come to be true? I never came across a man who has no interest in girls for relationship. He is the first I have met. What if all changes in sudden? He is Jun's son! I have watched him from distance all these years and now we are talking sitting next each other. It's unbelievable. I should control my emotions...

"Maya... Maya?!" Oh no, I have been looking into his eyes for a long time. I shook my head. "Huh?"

"Why are you staring at me like this?"

"I-I am sorry... I... uh I just lost in thoughts. I have to remind you that it's my duty. Anyone in my place, whoever has angel power might help you out like this."

"I see..." Ugh... I must distract his thoughts right now. It is springtime now, so there are many Japanese spring flowers here. I picked up a three Sakura (Japanese cherry) flower from nearby. I offered him those flowers and he looks surprised.

"In floral language it has the meaning of "Accomplishment" and "Beauty of heart". The first flower is for your accomplishment of finding Jun; the second one is for your accomplishment of freeing from the curse and the third is the beauty of your heart that you had to decide self sacrifice to save the world."

He accepted my flowers and smiled, "But Maya, the accomplishments are because of you."

"No Jin. It's because you keep searching without giving up. Now, you should come and join me to play video games! The unusual thing and first time for you."

"Uh... I am not interested-"

"You have lack of getting pleasures from entertainment, which doesn't make you an ordinary person. However, it's important for us, it helps to overcome depression and feel happy. In fact, video games help to improve cognition and life skills. I chose something engaging, competitive and fun. Not only that, you forget yourself and your goals while playing video games because your mind shifted into playing the game and win the challenge."

"Okay, you want me to get involved in activities which I never used to. Facing fears... huh? Well then, I am ready for this."

"Good! Now lets go." I stood up from the bench and started to walk away, knowing that he would follow me.

JIN'S POV:

I do noticed how she looked into my eyes. I have seen the gleam in her eyes. However, that look is different...

We finally came out of the garden and she started to walk towards the stairs.

"Maya, wait!" She stopped and looked at me.

"Why are you not using elevators?" She seems daunted by my quick question.

"I... uh... it's because I afraid of elevators." She says as her lower lip is trembling, her eyes are lowered and darting and fiddling her fingers.

"You afraid of elevators?!Why? It's not that scary, just come with me."

"No! I would face panic attack... due to my past incident..."

"Hmm... Fear is our worst enemy yet a brilliant friend too. Because we can't fight against it unless we stand in their own shoe. Moreover, fear is a fake friend too. You said it that yourself. How can I follow someone's advice who is not actually following it?"

"Well... I-"

"You are coming!"

MAYA'S POV:

Oh no... I am going to have panic attack. As I standing with hesitation, he suddenly grabbed my arm and started to drag me into the elevator. My heart started to beat fast and I can't breathe. Oh no! He steps into the elevator and I am going in! The elevator looks like a large grey room and by looking it, my body feels tingling. I pinned myself against the wall and the door closed. Jin is standing beside me. When the door closed, I gasped and my visions being disfigured. As if, I was looking through fish-eye lens. My body is shivering and sweating. I can't breathe, I feel sick and the elevator seems to spinning to me. Jin holds my hand and comforted me. "It will be alright. Look, just an elevator." I can't breathe, I can't breathe, and I feel like I am going to die. My auditory becoming dull and I feel light.

Suddenly, I heard a deep evil voice, which is familiar calling me "Maya baby..." Everything is becoming dark; I feel my father's presence. It's my father's voice! I know it's hallucination but this is why I scared to enter the elevator. I can see my father and he is coming near me.

"Maya baby... don't you excited to see your father."

"Don't come near me! I don't see you as my father! DON'T TOUCH ME!" My eyes started to welled up with tears and my nose started to bleed as usual. He started to grab my hand. I pushed myself against the corner of the elevator.

"Come with me, Maya baby. If not, I will get your sister. I found her where she is living." He said in a joking tone. I was struggling with my hand.

"Leave me and my sister alone. You can't find her! Let go off my hand."

Then the voice slowly started to transition into Jin's voice. "Maya? Maya... it's me! Jin!"

My vision came back to normal and that stupid hallucination went off. I looked at my shaky hand in a puzzled manner. I started to look around the elevator to check whether he is still here.

JIN'S POV:

What just happened? She just started to yell at nothing. She looked frightened and crying as her lower lip is quivering. Her tears streaming down the pink eye bag and cheeks. Her tip of the nose and around went red. Moreover, her nose is bleeding and her hair fallen on her face. She turned around to me and suddenly clenched my shoulders. She looked into my eyes with her damp and reddish eyes. She started to shake me, "Did you... did you see him? He was here, Jin. Where is he?"

"Who, Maya? Your nose is bleeding." I cupped her cheeks and started to move my thumbs towards her side of the nose. I was trying to clean it up but she keeps talking like crazy without listening to me. Her voice sounds brittle due to that she is crying and talking in rapid tempo. Her lips are so shaky, "Maya, calm down!"

"No, I saw him; he is going to get my sister. He is-" She let out a breath and touched her head. She fainted as I holding her. "Maya, Maya!" I shook her head by grasping her cheeks. I sat in a tuck position with holding Maya. Her head went feeble which made her to rest on my arm. And she literally resting in between my legs. She is sweating as well. I took a clean napkin from my pocket and I wiped her blood from her nose. I don't know what to do, but I kept waiting. I soon realized that I holding her by encircling her closer to me. I also discovered some weird hidden buttons in elevator, some days ago. Those buttons are meant to control the speed of this elevator, so odd. I secretly slow down the elevator by those buttons while she was out of control.

Then after a minute, she opened her eyes slowly and letting out a breath. She then rubbed her eyes and stared at me for a minute. "Maya? Are you alright?"

"Uh... yeah... just a headache... did I fainted?"

"Yes you are. I will help you to take you to your room." Then suddenly, the elevator door opens. It seems like my mother was waiting for us to come out, she was staring on us surprisingly. Maya quickly moved away after realizing that we are too close. "I-I am sorry..."

"It's okay..." She quickly runs out of the elevator and held my mother's hand. I stood up and came out of the elevator as well.

My mother looked at her shaky hand and said, "Maya? Why did you choose to use elevator? I already saw it on computer that you and Jin are using elevator. In fact, it was controlled to move slower. Jin, she is afraid of-"

"Jun, please don't blame him. He actually helped me out. I am starting to overcome the fear of elevator thanks to Jin. Trust me." She then smiled at me and that appreciation made me happy and encouraged.

My mother widens her eyes and gave me a surprised and proud look. "I can't believe you did, Jin. In fact, I know you will do something to her as a token of appreciation, but I am not sure if it will give good results. However, you proved me wrong, Jin. I tried hard to help her out, but you did it. You are the right person to make everything right and I will allow you to do anything you want to make changes on her." Maya looked annoyed, "What?!"

This made me encouraged and Maya's avoiding expression tempted me more, so I came forward. "I promise you, Mom. That I will do anything in order to change her for good, no matter what." I said as I looked at her eyes because she was glaring at me with her pinkish damp eye by tightening her lips together.

"Thank you, Jin. You can reach me if you want any help in this."

"Sure, Mom."

"But Jun, it's useless. I don't need anything like this. No one can stop me in this. These are bullshit!" Maya is talking like crazy.

"Maya, calm down. I am going to get back at my work." She walks as she passes away Maya. Moreover, Maya looks so frustrated. I can see that she is still shaky.

"Maya, why did your nose bleed?"

"It happens whenever I feel intense anger, happy, excited or frightened. It's a usual thing to me."

"I see... And Maya, you can go and take rest if you want. We can play games afterwards."

"No! I am okay. We should play now!" She said in deep anger tone and started to walk away.

"Well, I guess I can't stop you in this." I followed her too, as usual.

Hmm... What kind of past incident she faced? She mentioned about her father and sister. Looks like, she don't have a good connection with her father. In addition, she is protecting her sister away from her father. That's interesting. She must have gone through some traumatic experience because of her father. I should find details about her family. Wait, that means her family carries Angel gene, right? Then why her father has to be cruel? Many unanswered question. I never encountered such panic attack before, her smiles all fade away in seconds. However, one thing for sure, she is dead deep inside and helpless. She is not emotionally stable at all. I still don't get her true personality either, every time she shows different color. She is gone through something like me. I will find that soon.

*Author's note:

Please let me know if you are enjoying this concept and understandable as well. I included "Fashion description" which sounds cheesy, but tell me if you want me to continue this trend. How do you feel about the story? Guess what will happen next. What do you think about Jin and Maya? Please leave a review. 3
Sign up to rate and review this story