Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Death, Destroyer of Worlds

Changing the Past

by LadyFoxFire 1 review

Death has the power to take lives or to save them. He's about to do both

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dumbledore, Fudge, Harry, Lupin, Sirius, Snape - Published: 2005-06-27 - Updated: 2005-06-28 - 1573 words

5Original
Disclaimer: Out there in the world is the luckily talented lady who dreamt up this awesome series although I'm still pissed at her for what she did to my poor puppy in Book 5. And she gets all the money from the sell of this series and I don't make one cent from this fic. But I do get reviews.

Bad author notes: Ok I admit it I goofed. Fudge was not the Minister when Sirius went to prison. But you know what? I don't care. *Insane laughter*

As someone pointed out this fic does not follow Book 5 Order of the Phoenix. Well DUH! I told you in the first chapter that it wouldn't follow that evil book.





Changing the Past
by Lady FoxFire

November 1, 2003



"Minister Fudge," called the blond female Auror standing straight-backed in the doorway. Behind her was a pair of tough looking wizards dragging a thin slumped prisoner by the arms. "The man you requested is here."

"I didn't request anyone," Fudge stammered in confusion as he sat on the very edge of his chair, trying to avoid the nails.

"Ah, my apologies, Minister. I was the one who requested him be brought here," Death explained, standing up, with Harry still cradle in his arms and walked towards the prisoner.

The woman stepped aside as the old man stepped forward to reveal the cowering man behind her. The prisoner was dressed in black robes, which were torn and shredded, barely hanging on his scrawny frame; his long black hair hung snarled locks, effectively hiding his face.

With one hand, Death reached out to the prisoner's face, only to have the man flinch from him. "No one will harm you, Severus. I give you my word," He said softly as if to calm a frightened horse, reaching out again and tilted the prisoner's face up. "You're among friends."

Snape raised his eyes to meet those of Death briefly, before he let them drop once again.

Death studied the blooming bruises and the slit lip of the man before gently touching the bruise on the cheekbone. "Who did this to you?"

"An accident sir," the dashing grey-eyed Auror on Snape's left-hand side answered. "He fell down the stairs."

"An accident?" Death asked with an eyebrow raised as he turned his attention to the Auror who spoke.

"Yes sir," he replied, trying to hide the smirk on his face. "Fell down the stairs. He's lucky he wasn't more badly hurt. Could have broken his neck."

"Yes. Yes, of course," replied Death in a flat tone as baby Harry watched the prisoner with wide eyes. "Well, we'll have to deal with those injuries first." a soft green glow surrounded Death's hand as he gently touched the side of Snape's face.

Suddenly the two Aurors, who escorted Snape, collapsed to the floor screaming in agony. Every wand with the exception of Minister Fudge was pointed at Death and the prisoner in an instant. Death looked down at the screaming Auror as cuts and bruises began to form upon their bodies.

"You see, Harry," Death began, turning to the baby in his arms. "This is why you should never lie to anyone. You will never know when someone will return the truth to you." Death turned and walked back to his seat, leaving the injured and bleeding Aurors shaking on the ground at Snape's feet.

"A simple three fold spell," he explained calmly as he sat down, bouncing a giggling Harry on his knee. "If Severus had truly had an accident he would have simply been healed."

"And if the injuries was caused by someone else with the exception of self defense they are returned three fold," Remus concluded with awe. "Very nice."

Death chuckled, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "You'll make an excellent Defense against the Dark Arts professor, Remus. Very few witches or wizards know of the spell," Death stated with a look of pride on his face. "I first learned of it when I discovered that one of my students was being abused by his family. Fortunately or unfortunately it depends on how you look upon it, the spell won't kill, or they would have been dead many times over."

"I'll... I'll have... I'll have that spell made an Unforgivable for what you did!" Fudge sputtered as he tore his eyes away from where the female Auror was trying to aid her co-workers. "What you did was unforgivable."

"What I did! What I did was nothing. What your men did was unforgivable!" Death snarled at the minister "They tortured a prisoner!"

"But he's nothing. He's a Deatheater. A murderer," Fudge snapped in disgust. "It's not like he was anyone important."

At Fudge's words Death's and Harry Potter's eyes of began to glow. The eerie green light filled their eyes as both of them stared at Fudge

"Minister Fudge, it might be in your best interest to shut the bloody hell up," Snape stated as he started wide eyed at the old man and baby, trembling slightly in fear of this man and child.

With a snort of amusement Death's eyes returned to normal as young Mr. Potter continue to stare at the minister. "Come here, Severus."

Snape looked over to Dumbledore, who nodded his head, commanding Severus to obey. Severus took a deep breath before he cautiously made his way over to the old man, his eyes never leaving his face.

Death looked up art Severus from his seat. "Show me his mark, Severus," Death commanded. "Show me your tattoo."

Snape moved as if against his will as he pulled up the sleeve of his robe and displaying a tattoo of a skull and snake.

Suddenly Death grasped Snape's wrist in a grip that was stronger than the old man could possible have. Snape tried to pull back as his arm was slowly pulled down until the tattoo was in front of Harry.

"See that, Harry?" Death cooed to the baby sitting in his lap. "That killed mummy and daddy."

Harry looked down at the tattoo and then into Death face and then down to the tattoo once again. His little face snutched up in anger, his young eyes narrowed. "NO!" he shouted as his tiny hands came down on the tattoo.

Snape groaned in pain as he was driven to his knees by the action of the small child. He bit his lip to keep from moaning in pain, his breath coming out in short quick pants. He shut his eyes tightly as Harry once again slammed his hands down on the tattoo, shouting no again.

Grinning with glee, Death watched as the child slapped the tattoo for a third time, sending waves upon waves of pain through Snape's body.

Snape bowed his head; his body shaking from the effort it took to keep him from screaming, to keep him from begging.

Young Harry looked at the man kneeling in front of him and then over at the other men in the room who stared wide-eyed at the child.

"Once more, Harry," The old man beckoned calmly as he held Snape's arm in a death grip. "One more time."

Little Harry looked up at Death, then at Snape's pale, pain filled face and then to the arm under his tiny hands. The child raised his hand and slammed them down once again on the arm. "MINE!"

Snape threw his head back and scream an ungodly scream as the tiny hands slammed down on his arm. He fell back onto the ground as Death released his wrist, curling his arm around himself as if to try to push the pain away.

"What did you do!" Dumbledore snapped, as he rushed the Snape's side.

"Very good, Harry! Very good!" Death cooed as he stood Harry onto his feet and rubbed noses together. "You're learning so fast."

"Harry, what did you do?" Sirius whispered in shock as he stared at Snape lying in pain at the old man's feet.

"We rewarded him," Death stated with a smile of pure pleasure.

"By Merlin's ghost," Remus whispered in shock as he stared at Snape's arm. "How?"

"Impossible," Snape whispered to himself as he gently touched his arm. The image of a golden phoenix-with its wings outstretched as it rose from the flames-appeared where the mark of the Dark Lord's follower had been. "Who are you?"

"He's Harry," Sirius replied as he stood above Snape, staring down at the phoenix tattoo. "He's Lily and James's son."

"Oh course he is, you twit," Fudge snapped as he glared from where he sat at everyone gathered around the former Deatheater. "But who is he?" Fudge said as he pointed at Death

Death lifted the bands from his forehead exposing the lightening shaped scar beneath.

"Harry?" Remus whispered in awe, his eyes wide with shock.

Death nodded his head, a blush coming to his checks. "I guess you'll want an explanation."

"Damn right, we do. Time travel is illegal without Ministry approval!" Fudge bellowed as he stalked towards Death. "You'll go to Azkaban for this!"

Death threw his head back and roared with laughter. "You are a fool, Fudge! Do you truly expect that Azkaban could hold me?"

"Perhaps if you explained it to us, Harry," Dumbledore uttered in a grandfatherly way, with a sparkle in his eyes as he tried to take control of the situation.

"Death. My name is Death." The old man corrected sadly. "Harry died along time ago."
Sign up to rate and review this story