Categories > Original > Romance > Email Sent

Email Sent

by grumpysourcer 0 reviews

Email Sent: The Untold Story of Cathleen Dubois and Althea Guevarra. Based on the characters of The Rich Man's Daughter Sabi nila masakit maging "The One That Got Away"... sabi nila masakit ...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Erotica,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2018-06-20 - Updated: 2018-06-20 - 6693 words - Complete

1Exciting
Email Sent: The Untold Story of Althea Guevarra and Cathleen Dubois


Email Sent: copyright 2018. Amber F (altheyuhmoves) all rights reserved. All characters are based on GMA’s The Rich Man’s Daughter. Copyright 2015.




“Dear Althea,

I hope this email finds you well. Napapaisip ako kung dapat ko ba sagutin yung last email mo. Pero eto na naman ako, breaking my promise to myself. Sabi ko sa sarili ko, no contact whatsoever. Kaya ko nga binlock number mo at mga profile mo sa social media. But here I am, breaking another promise I made for myself... you do tend to have that effect on me, ano?

Kamusta ka na nga ba, Althea?”

She looked at the screen on her Mac computer, the bright light flickering from her desktop. The blinking cursor as if triggering memories of broken promises to herself.

Althea always had that effect on her... even at the very beginning.

—-

It all happened three years ago...



The bar was in a frenzy —- heated breaths crawled to her neck, sweating bodies bumping from skin to skin, the smell of smoke lingered- it was extra crowded that night as droves and droves of people kept spilling into the dance floor. The air smelled of cut-rate tequila and the slight chemical sweet scent from the broken fog machine. The music was blaring louder than usual, so loud, she felt the blood in her ears rushing in. The electro pop music was deafening that night and everyone seemed to know the lyrics of the song as the crowd chanted on. The rich kids draped in Moschino and coked out of their minds—- all dancing to the hysteria of synthesized beats.

Cathleen sighed in exasperation, she should be used to this manic atmosphere—- and what she finds a quite pathetic scene. She was the owner of the Prohibition Bar. One of the most hyped up clubs at this side of Makati.

Cathleen Marie Dubois is slowly making a scene as one of the youngest entrepreneurs in the Philippines, from opening her upscale bars to her quick turo-turo food trucks. She was the great mix of success, they said. Getting her French father’s exquisite taste and her Filipina mom’s street smarts. Cathleen is the type of woman who commands attention. She walks around with a certain air to her, strutting in an overpriced Chanel leather vest and a dollar Tupac sando she got from a rip off store. Her combat boots thudded as she walked around the club, her long silky hair flowing to her muscled shoulders and her sharp brown eyes adjusted to the darkness, everyone was taking a glimpse. She was chic but also a bit jologs. An educated Parisian girl, but with a few shots of whisky cursed like a kanto boy. Cathleen was walking contradictions, this is what made her successful. This was what made her attractive.

All the men in the bar had their attention towards Cathleen as she worked the bar. Her curves etched with tattoos. Her wit and rapid fire comebacks matched her fiery Eurasian beauty.

Cathleen oftentimes bartended with her staff, she loved watching things from afar, where she can have control and action.


“Miss, kailan ko ba makukuha number mo? Eh third time ko na dito, wala ka pa ring sagot,” the guy blurted out as he smiled sheepishly at the bar side.

His name was Francis, one of the regulars. He always carried the stench of the strongest musky cologne. He was trying very hard, partly flexing in his tightest polo; glancing at Cathleen while he drank what is left of his Jack and Coke.

“Sir, may question ako,” Cathleen said with a gleam in her eye.

“Ano naman yun, beautiful?”

“Who is the girl with you,” Cathleen asked pointing to the shy woman in dark rimmed glasses next to him.

“eto? Wala. Kapatid ko, si Jenny. wag ka magseselos diyan. That’s my sister... so about that number... Miss Cathleen...”

Cathleen laughed as she grabbed a large
bottle of Jack Daniels next to her.

She slammed a shot glass in front of the wannabe suitor and looked at him dead in the eye as she poured him another dark shot. Her eyes danced around his, almost as if flirting back with him. Then she mouthed the words slowly...

“No offense, Francis... I am more likely to get your sister’s phone number.”

The guy stared at her blankly while the rest of the staff was laughing loudly in the background. His sister was now turning beet red.

“The rumors are true. If you have not noticed or if you have been living under a rock, I am gay as fuck... kung gusto mo mas stereotypical term - as in tomboy ako,” she slyly poured what was left of the shot and slid it roughly to Francis.

“This one is on me,” she laughed.

It was part of Cathleen’s routine to reject guys in her nightly rounds in her bars. She was so sick of it. She was openly gay but it was as if she had to be in a big motorcycle and a maong jacket just for people to believe her. But if the men liked to get her attention... the women, the women loved her. Francis’ sister looked at Cathleen with a demure smile as she mouthed a “hi”.

Cathleen was used to all the attention from men and women alike. She was aware that she did command some sort of attention. This all felt like the usual, the mundane.

But then there was her. Every time she came into the Prohibition Bar ... it was as if Cathleen can finally focus her eyes, it was as if the music suddenly can turn into quiet echoes, and for a while her world always stood still. There she was again, this must be her fourth night in the bar.

“Type mo?” the waitress asked Cathleen as they watched the woman from afar.

The woman stood up in her stiletto heels and she was walking wobbly. Obviously drunk as hell.

“Hindi noh, not my type... she looks like a mess,” Cathleen huffed.




She had short black hair, the edges of her dark strands messily placed on her tattooed nape. She had a lazy, almost effortless swagger to her as she gulped into her pale Pilsen with a brusko swig. She was always with a group of friends, consisting mostly of butches and palengkera types . But Cathleen’s eyes are always focused on her... just her.

Annoyed lang ako. Cathleen said to herself. Kaya ko siya tinitignan. Mukha siyang lasing. Kaya ko siya tinitignan. Security risk kasi. Cathleen kept pacing herself.

The woman had large eyes, distinct with a little glimmer. Her eyebrows seemed almost etched in sable. Her jaw line sharp and almost always clenched. She had an ease to her as she fanned her white polo shirt drenched in sweat. She was effortlessly confident in her tight jeans, she had such a cool exterior but what drew Cathleen was her sullen face. There was a slight purse in her lips and the hushed despair in her eyes. Cathleen cannot take her eyes off of her that time. She kept promising herself, it was not attraction. It was more because she was curious. The girl looked like a mess.

“Althea... tama na, nakailang bote at shot ka na,” the skinny butch right beside her exclaimed.

Althea. So that is her name.

“Kaya ko sarili ko, Batchi,” Althea’s voice was gentle even in the middle of her drunken garbled words.

Althea was zigzagging through the crowd as she struggled to walk. Weakly shoving people as she got to the bar, right in front of Cathleen.

“Crown. Double. Chilled,” she shouted as her eyes wandered around in a drunken haze.

“Should you really be drinking some more? Baka kailangan i-cut off na kita,” Cathleen said in her husky voice.

Althea jolted from her drunken stupor as her eyes squinted to study the freckled girl in front of her.

The woman right in front of her also stared back with a lingering approach, Althea could not help but have a sprawl on her lips.

Gaydar. Pinging.

“Kaya ko sarili ko, Miss. I can even tip you more if you just give me the Double,” she said, her eyes now a bit more solemn yet despite the seriousness in her tone, she still carried an arrogant smile.

Cathleen rolled her eyes as she briskly played with the ice cubes in the silver shaker; within seconds pouring the double shot.

Althea chuckled as she threw the wads of cash from her pocket. She downed the shot within a second. Cathleen watched the pathetic sight—- the girl heaving and coughing as the bitter drink burned her throat.

“Isa pa!”

“Althea,tama na nga yan!” a woman with short hair and a frilly tube top bolted out, suddenly was dragging the drunk girl in front of Cathleen.

“Wila, bitawan mo nga ako... kaya ko pa uminom.”

The Wila woman was clearly angry at this point, trying to grab the shot glass from
the messy Althea.

Cathleen was partly annoyed but really entertained by this. Girlfriends? Exes? She thought to herself.

“I think I need to cut her off, she may be a security risk at this point,” Cathleen said tersely.

“Miss, aayusin namin ito. Walang gulo ito, pramis!” Wila was explaining profusely. Soon their smaller friend named Batchi was also trying to appease Cathleen.

“Siguraduhin ninyo nalang na walang gulo, ok? And tell her to handle her liquor better. She is a grown woman, whisky should not be doing that to you,” she sneered, really peeved at this point, witnessing all the chaos in her own club.

Althea’s shoulders perked up and her eyes widened at the bartender’s words.

“Miss, excuse me lang ah, I am also a paying customer, kanina ka pa irap ng irap saakin e. I can handle my liquor,” Althea said as she continued to walk unsteadily.

Cathleen watched as the three women disappeared in the throng of party people. She was partly relieved that she does not have to be around the mess of a woman.

She started distracting herself as she buried herself in the lines of people and lines of cocktails she had to make.

Before she knew it, the club was playing the last song. It was a remix of Lenny Kravitz’s It Ain’t Over Til It’s Over.

She loved the song, it reminded her of her boarding school days in Grade-Rue. So she decided to let loose with some of her staff as she danced with them, swaying her hips to the beat.


So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
But baby It ain't over until it's over
So many years we've tried
To keep our love alive
But baby it ain't over until it's over



She was really letting loose now, slowly her body writhed to the wailing of the electric guitar. She laughed as she slowly unties her hair from her tight ponytail. Dancing nonstop with her crew. Getting lost in the crowd of glistening bodies.

Unbeknownst to her, there was someone who was also watching. It was Althea.

In her drunken stupor, she saw Cathleen’s long, brown hair flowing. It was familiar. It was like home.

She walked with her knees shaking, barely even able to stand up.

But she continued on. She can see her now, she has waited so long to see her.

Sobrang miss na miss na kita. She thought to herself. Can we go back to the way we were? Sobrang hirap na hirap na ako. She kept telling herself over and over. Althea has played this scenario in her head for months now.

Then she slowly walked over, almost falling on to the woman in front of her.

“Jade,” she whispered.

Althea’s cold hands crawled to the arm in front of her. She pulled her in to face, she felt Jade’s hot breath on her face.

Everything was a blur but she could feel her heart leap on to her chest. It was Jade.

“Jade- I am so sorry,” she blurted out as the crowd kept pushing and shoving to the loud music.

It was a matter of seconds and Althea cupped her smooth face, and slowly she melted to her embrace. She wanted to feel her warmth. She clumsily crushed her lips on to Jade’s cheek trying to crawl on to her small mouth. But it was not even a second, she was startled. She suddenly felt a panic crawl to her stomach – and soon, it was like her heart dropped.

She knew she was going to be in trouble.

The woman cussed out loud and rapidly pushed her with so much force… toppling Althea on to the black marble floor.

--
Cathleen stood there confused as that mess of a woman just tried to kiss her.

“What the fuck? Sira ulo ka ba?”

Althea heaved an exasperated sigh unable to mutter anything but a soft “Sorry”…

“Security! Security,” Cathleen exclaimed.

The crowd was gathering, everyone wanted to gossip and be a witness. Some turning on their phones directing their cameras to Althea and Cathleen.

Batchi and Wila hurriedly picked up Althea on the floor.

“Alam mo, di mo naman kailangan saktan kaibigan namin,e. Kami na ang aalis,” Batchi said in a stern tone.

“Wow ah. Eh siya tong nambastos saakin,” Cathleen answered.

“Wow ka rin, ah! Niyakap ka lang naman at umatras naman agad siya--- ang arte mo,” Wila was the more palengkera kind and she was drawing more attention as she shrieked.

“I am so sorry --- akala ko ikaw --- si Jade,” Althea blurted out.

Althea kept saying sorry – as if she was a zombie. She was walking away, wobbling and winding again.

She had no control of her body as she bumped into expensive bottles of champagne and delicate designer vases in the club. Crashing all over the place.

Then as she got near the exit, she felt the hot tears stream on her cheek. Althea was now kneeling down on the gray concrete as she cried, covering her mouth as the sadness finally engulfed her. Like a child who was helpless. Like someone who has lost it all.



The burly and bald bouncer was walking towards the chaos…Cathleen knew it was probably right to have Althea picked up but she stopped the security guy. It just did not feel right.

“It’s ok. No need for security,” Cathleen continued on as she stared.

She watched as someone slowly drowned in despair.

“Althea naman kasi – sinabi ko na sa iyo wag mo na tignan Facebook ng walang kwentang Jade na yan,” Wila blurted out.

“Wila! Nanggagatong ka pa!” Batchi said heatedly.

The sound of violent hurling and sobs echoed through Althea as she gasped for air.

Cathleen watched as the once confident woman poured everything on that ground --- her tears, her vomit--- her dignity.

What a mess. But somehow--- she still kept looking. Somehow she felt a tinge of pain in her heart for that mess of a woman.

It really all started there.

Lenny Kravitz was still singing in the background.

And all my doubts and fear
Kept me wondering
If I'd always, always be in love



Present Day…

Cathleen drinks her hot oolong tea as she felt her eyes blurring. Hindi ka iiyak. Hindi ka iiyak. She said to herself.

Her headphones is blaring the same sounds of Lenny Kravitz from three years ago.

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
But baby it ain't over 'til it's over


What fate. Just as she started getting memories from that night.

“Siguro kung pinahuli ko nalang sana siya sa pulis that night”--- maybe she would have been spared from this never-ending pang in her heart. She feels like there was always a fresh wound that stung her and would hit her in moments like this. Like her grief for her comes in waves. She would think she was ok--- but then sudden memories --- her scent, her taste --- a song she used to like, now will break her.

She exhales loudly as she continues on to type that damn email.

“Kamusta ka na Althea? I sometimes wonder if you think about me --- because even though I would hate to admit it, I still think about you.”



Back to 2015 …

Cathleen continued on with her life as a workaholic extraordinaire as the weeks passed on. But still, she somehow seems disturbed about that woman who drowned in despair in the Prohibition Bar that one night.

It was a Wednesday night, it was her time again to do the rounds in the Prohibition again, which was closed that day. She has not been in since that night when she saw that mess of a woman named Althea.

She was running around in her Pumas and her ragged Argentina football jersey. She loved keeping herself busy with loud hip-hop music blaring as she prepared the rounds of glasses for that night.

She noticed a fixture as her staff crowded to one of the VIP rooms. The lights in the VIP rooms have been broken recently and they have not had anyone replace the special bulbs.

But somehow all the lights have been working when Cathleen got there.

“Pinaayos ninyo? Hindi ba nahirapan sila maghanap ng pampalit ng ilaw?” she asked as she saw the brand new lights in the living room.

Reggie her pudgy assistant was stuttering as she explained what happened to Cathleen.

“Ma’am – kasi may tumulong saatin. Sana ma’am wag ka magagalit, ha.”

“Why would I be mad if you guys fixed everything in my bar,” Cathleen laughed.

“Kasi po ma’am --- kilala ko actually siya. Siya yung wedding coordinator namin ni Joji a year ago, kaya nagulat talaga ako noong pumunta siya dito. Kilala po yan na coordinator. Ako na rin naman na ang pumayag na tumulong siya dito. Since Monday pa siya nagaayos ng mga ilaw natin,” Reggie kept explaining.

“I do not quite get what you are talking about Reggie,” Cathleen muttered under her breath but to her surprise there was a familiar face now in front of her.

There she was the short, black hair. The big, sad eyes. The cupid bow lips in what seemed like a permanent purse. Black Nirvana shirt and the same tight jeans. Cathleen recognized the swagger in her walk. She had a mop and a black bucket filled with water, she shyly looked on as she cleaned the floor in the bar.

“Ma’am --- nagaalok lang naman si Althea tumulong. Wala naman po yang kapalit. Mabait po yan si Althea.”

“Hi --- ako nga pala si Althea Guevarra,” she said in a gentle tone, extending her hand for a handshake.

Cathleen ignored her.

“Why did you do all this--- at bakit ka nagjajanitress diyan,” Cathleen asked tersely as she looked around the red VIP rooms.

Althea nervously smiled, her dimples showing and her eyes disappearing, barely making eye contact.

“Look, alam ko malaking kasalanan ko sa’yo – I ruined things in this bar that night. In fact, you were nice enough not to press charges sa damage na ginawa ko. At sa ginawa ko sa’yo. I just want to apologize. Sorry talaga. Wala na nga akong mukha na mahaharap sa iyo,e. Humihingi lang talaga ako ng dispensa Miss Doo-boyz,” she explained in her earnest tone.

“It is pronounced Doob-wah,” Cathleen cut her off immediately. “It’s French.”

“Doob-wah, I mean. Pasensya na, aalis na rin naman ako. I just really wanted to help,” Althea explained.

Cathleen did not know if she should be mad or impressed at such gall this person had.

“Kakaiba ka rin ano? Don’t you find it weird that you would just barge into my bar and ask for an apology this way? Fixing my lights? Medyo creepy -- A simple sorry would suffice,” Cathleen said as she gulped the beer in her hand.

“Hindi kasi ako naniniwala sa sorry na asa salita lang. I am an action-oriented person, Miss Dubois,” Althea explained. “Aalis na rin po ako. Siguro tapos na rin naman na ata ito. Pasensya talaga.” -- She looked dejected, her shoulders slumped and her walk losing all the bluster Cathleen once saw in her.

Cathleen grabbed the mop by her that was laying around the floor. She hurriedly soaked it in the same bucket Althea was using.

“Bakit ka aalis? You wanna work on your apology, right? You missed a spot,” Cathleen smiled haughtily as she mopped the floor urging Althea to keep cleaning.

They spent hours with the crew as they cleaned the spots in the bar. But soon the music was fading. The staff was leaving. It was already 11 PM. Everyone was exhausted.

Cathleen watched Althea tie her hair back, her nape tattoo glistening in sweat. The veins in her arms protruding from all the work they have been doing.


Hindi mo type yan, Cathleen. She thought to herself. Curious ka lang. Kakaiba kasi. Magmop para sa apology, diba?

She kept watching Althea, who was now on a call on her iPhone, whispering words of “I love you,” to the other person on the line.

Of course, may girlfriend yan, Cathleen. Hindi naman disappointing yan. She is a mess, she said to herself.

“Hinahanap ka na ng jowa mo,” Cathleen asked with a naughty glint in her eye.

Althea bit her lip and sighed.

“Anak ko actually. Si Miggy. May camp kasi siya sa school, eh first time two nights wala saakin - so I was just checking on him.”

“Oh --- you have a s--son?” Was Cathleen stammering?

“Yes. He is nine years old.”

“That’s precious.”

The awkward silence can cut through a knife as the two of them glanced at each other.

“You are no fun when you are this formal. I actually kind of like messy, drunk Althea,” Cathleen laughed.

“Bakit naman?”

“Eh ang tahimik mo,e--- look, forget what happened. Thanks for fixing things at Prohibiton. Quits na tayo. Salamat.”

“Wala yun, Miss Dubois.”

“Please! After spending hours cleaning shit – drop the Miss – my name is Cathleen.”

Cathleen smiled as she extended her hand, soon she felt Althea’s clammy hand reach tightly on to hers.

“Althea. Althea Guevarra.”

The two of them had wide grins as they still held on to their hands.

Until Cathleen heard a loud grumble.

“Ah --- eh--- sorry…”


It was Althea’s stomach, she was starving.

“Tara – tignan natin yung kitchen,” Cathleen laughed. “Wag ka na mahiya diyan kasi narinig ko tiyan mo. Nagprotesta na.”

Cathleen had a way about her. She was fast in her movements. She always had confidence as if one who never had a moment of doubt and rejection in her life.

She dropped the pasta with ease as she kept stirring on her home-made chili flakes and garlic sauce concoction. The kitchen smelled of garlic and truffle. It made Althea’s stomach grumble some more.

“Nagluluto ka pala,” Althea said, poking heartily at the Pasta Aglio E Olio. She slurped the noodles noisily as she has not eaten since that afternoon.

“It’s a frustration because I am not as good as my family, it comes with territory kasi puro kami food business– but I am actually a business major kasi my dad wanted me to be like him and become a restauranteur,” Cathleen grinned as she got a ladle to mix the pink gin pom in a big pitcher full of ice.

“Gusto mo ba talaga mag business?”

“Hindi. Art talaga gusto ko kunin and who knows I may run away from all this and have an exhibit of my own maybe if I actually can show off my art,” Cathleen was now handing over the Gin Pom to Althea as she sat by her on the kitchen table.

“Cathleen Dubois – rich kid, Parisian scholar, bar owner, restaurant owner --- frustrated artist. This is such a cliché kasi of course, the rich girl never quite listens to her dad,” Althea laughed.

“At paano mo naman nasabi na cliché yun about rich girls?”

“Let us just say I have met quite a few just like you,” Althea chuckled but there it was again, her voice broke and a certain sadness lingered around her beautiful face.


“Si Rich Girl ba yung iniyakan mo sa club?”

Althea looked away as she smiled sadly.

“God, I was such a mess that night, huh?”

“You did not answer my question, Althea.” Cathleen was gulping her iced cocktail as she stared readily at the woman in front of her.





“Up mo muna yung ante kung gusto mo may malaman tungkol saakin. Feeling close ka naman, Miss Dubois pati lovelife ko gusto mo na malaman. Mopping services lang naman ginawa ko,” Althea said as she raised her eyebrows, her dimples in full view as she snickered like a child.

“Up the ante? Oh shit. Aba! Nanghahamon ka, Miss Guevarra.”


Althea grabbed a big mug, slowly pouring a pale Pilsen in it. She chuckled as she plopped a shot glass, floatingin the middle of the murky liquid.

“Natutunan ko ito sa Korean ko na client. Parang Jenga pero with alcohol. It’s called Titanic.”


“Fuck that sounds dangerous, Althea.”

“Makinig ka lang! Ipupuno natin yung baso na ito … ng beer – eto o yung San Miguel. o eto yung shot glass o diba nagfofloat? Lalagyan natin unti unti ng Ginebra. Kung sino magpatumba ng shot glass na ito – as in it sinks. Iinomin lahat ng ito, ah. Pero to up the ante – may fact bawat buhos natin. Tapos yung talo has to answer a question from their opponent.”

“That sounds incredibly dangerous,” Cathleen shook her head, she laughed innocently – Althea noticed when she smiles it is almost as if her freckles brighten up with her.

“Bakit dangerous dahil sa alcohol?”

“No – because of the secrets.”


Soon the fizz was spilling over the glass.

Soon it became beer shot after beer shot. Secret after secret.


“My parents are divorced. My dad was far more accepting than my mom. He loves all my girlfriends. My mom is cool with it, she just has this – don’t ask, don’t tell policy. She’ll get used to it.”

“Pinalaki ako ni Tatay magisa lang siya. Inalagaan niya ako. Tanggap niya ako agad. Alam niya bata palang ako na ganito na ako.”

“I am actually a gold star lesbian, I have had a French boyfriend but I knew I was so gay by the time I tried to sleep with him. I was not going to survive it, yuck,” Cathleen confessed.

“I married a man kahit I had past girlfriends because hirap na hirap akong tanggapin sarili ko. I am not proud of that but I am blessed kasi dahil dito, nabiyayaan ako ng Miggy.”

“That’s sweet.”

“I have had one night stands,” they both said in unison. The two of them laughing nonstop.

“But I date foreigners so you are not really my type—I just cannot date Filipinas. Too cheesy,” Cathleen had a slur in her voice already, she glanced at her phone and it was now 2 AM.

“What is it about you rich man’s daughters talking about types? Wala naman ako sinabi about type,” Althea answered as she downs her shot.

“So who was your uppity rich man’s daughter, Althea Guevarra? Sino ba si Jade… I think I deserve some sort of story- I mean, you did mistake me for her…”

Althea sighed heavily as she looked at the dark, smoggy night sky from the kitchen window.

“She was what they call- my great love? Totoo pala yun ano? Na we all have that. My joy, my pain. I went through hell and back for her. We tried and tried to make it work. Anyway, she is married to a man now. Hindi niya ako kaya panindigan,e. It has been really—I mean REALLY- rough for me. Wala na e,” she explained her eyes wandering at a blank space.

Cathleen felt the pang in her heart as she watched this woman melt into anguish in front of her.

“Straight girls. They fuck you up,” Cathleen said as she poured on the rest her gin into the beer mug.

The shot glass dropped to the bottom again and Althea heard the loud fizz.

“Drink up, Miss Dubois.”

Cathleen gulped her shot within five seconds. She looked at Althea and raised her eyebrows.

“So- ano ang question mo Miss Guevarra? What top secret about me do you want to know…”

“Can I see your art work?” she asked with a naughty glimmer in her eyes.

“Ayan tanong mo?”

“Sinisikreto mo kasi art work mo,e. Patingin. Tara,” Althea said, her arms stretching while she yawned.

--
Downstairs in the bar basement was a makeshift studio with a little pull in couch and an oversized, almost tattered looking canvas.

The canvas had splatters of paint from harsh tints and the darkest of shades. It looked like it was painted with rage but if you look at it closely – it is actually a self-portrait of Cathleen. It was actually beautiful amidst the chaos. A contradiction – just like Cathleen.

Althea smiled in awe as she looked at the canvas.

“Bakit ayaw mo ilabas ito? Ang ganda kaya.”

“I am still working on it. I am not satisfied,” Cathleen said as she dunked her hand on to the red paint. Slowly tracing streaks of red on to her figure’s lips.

“Want to help me out- grab a brush,” Cathleen exclaimed casually as she handed Althea a little brush.

“Ano naman gagawin ko diyan? Baka masira ko pa,” Althea was backing up in slight fear. She did not want to ruin anything.

“It’s a free canvas—knock yourself out. Pour in your pain, pour in your love o kahit ano pa yan… pour whatever rage or worry –de-stress with me, Althea,” Cathleen was briskly adding on streaks of paint all around now with just her bare hands.

Althea smiled as she splashed little droplets of dark blue paint on its corners. Althea studied Cathleen who was now turning on the music, playing some Spanish song she has never heard before. Cathleen’s shirt was now tied up, showing her belly and part of her large tattoos etched on her bare skin.


Mientras me dabas tu corazón
Yo era un marinero buscando amor
Iba por cada puerto como si nada
Entre más olas, más naufragaba

“It’s a song by this Colombian artist – it is about some guy realizing that the girl is just his port. Kaya Marinero raw siya sa relasyon nila. Parang sailor lang siya in one of his stops, yun tingin niya sa relasyon nila. He cannot fully love the girl. Ang sexy ng tunog pero napaka-depressing,” Cathleen explained.

Althea’s jaws clenched. She knew her dark eyes were darting around Cathleen’s tanned, glistening body. Althea’s breath was heavy as she went behind Cathleen, painting little dashes of yellow in what looked like a night sky up top. Her eyes darted again to Cathleen’s smooth neck.

Snap out of it, Althea. Snap out of it. She thought to herself.

“You can stop staring now, perv,” Cathleen whispered as a laugh escaped her lips.

“Hindi ako tumitingin ah.” Althea exclaimed defensively.

“Oh ok, perv!”

Althea playfully pushed Cathleen as they continued to paint streaks of harsh tints on the canvas. As they kept playing off the pushing, Althea laughed like a kid when she put a small splotch of yellow paint on Cathleen’s chin.

“Hoy, Gago ka! Sa mukha ko talaga!”

Cathleen took on her revenge as she smeared red paint on Althea’s cheek. The two of them going back and forth with the smudges of paint. The laughter was excessive, Althea felt like she could not breathe. She cannot even remember the last time she laughed that much.

When Cathleen finally smeared a harsh orange on Althea’s neck, she slowly slid her finger on the woman’s clavicle. Her fingertip to that thin part of Althea’s skin. Their hot breaths lingering in the air. The laughter suddenly halted. A certain air changed in the room. The silence suddenly deafening. The smile slowly fading on Cathleen’s lips.

Cathleen looked up and there were those dark, sad eyes now staring at her. Althea’s gaze was penetrating like she knew she broke the gauntlet with that sudden touch.

Her eyebrows are creased in intensity while she studied Cathleen. Her mouth agape as if meaning to say something. Althea’s eyes flickered again and it was as if her pupils turned pure black, there was a certain air of confidence suddenly possessing her as she inched closer to Cathleen.

The tension was overwhelming and even Cathleen had to inch away as Althea stepped in.

Their pointy noses are now touching, Cathleen unable to look at Althea’s intense eyes. But Althea held her gaze at the beautiful woman right in front of her. Cathleen was trying to avoid the stares but her light eyes had to look back at the stare boring into her.

“Are we still telling each other secrets?” Althea asked, her long eyelashes fluttering on Cathleen’s cheek.
“Bakit --- m-may sikreto ka pa ba?”
“I am afraid of you right now,” Althea was inching closer again, her hand crawling to Cathleen’s bare waist.
“You would not dare, Althea Guevarra—I thought you came here for an apology?”
“Well, I am sorry for what I am about to do right now,” and with those words Althea broke the gap between them as she cupped Cathleen’s face and with that --- her mouth crashed into her lips. Cathleen immediately opened her mouth and welcomed Althea’s tongue, a moan of relief escaping her lips as their kisses deepened.

Cathleen clawed Althea’s back struggling to get her Nirvana shirt off of her body. She wanted to feel Althea’s skin on her burning skin. She pulled the t-shirt off and her eyes darted to Althea’s sculpted body. She disappointingly had to let go of their kiss so she can breathe better from Althea’s intense, searing kisses that were slowly engulfing her. Althea inched in closer to innocently kiss Cathleen’s forehead. Then, she guided Cathleen’s hand to her body – from her taunt stomach, to her ample chest, to her neck, to her face, to her muscled back --- and finally to the clasp of her bra. Cathleen let out a sigh as the undergarment fell to slowly reveal Althea to her.

Althea slowly had her hand teasingly grab the hem of Cathleen’s shirt, but Cathleen was impatient. She knew what she wanted. She roughly threw her jersey to the floor – she was braless and within seconds, she was already fully naked as she tossed her shorts to the side.

Althea smiled as if she just won the game of tension and seduction. Cathleen pushed her towards the black couch behind them. Althea sitting on the thread-bareness of it as Cathleen climbed atop her. Grabbing Althea by her clenching jaw, lifting her face up to meet her into another searing kiss. Althea smiled into each of their kisses, feeling the girl writhing on top of her, hungry for her. Althea chuckled as she slowly bit on to Cathleen’s lower lip. She smoothly got rid of her own jeans and what was left of her clothes as they continued on sneaking kisses on each other’s skin. Her warm, wet mouth tracing every freckle on Cathleen’s body, her tongue flinging on to each tattoo, while Cathleen’s face was buried on her weary chest.

Althea with her strength grabbed Cathleen on her bare waist and flipped them over so she was now on top of her. Cathleen let out a yelp, surprised with Althea’s power over her.

Althea still had that glint in her eye as she watched Cathleen thrash underneath her. Her hot and wet kisses going further down into Cathleen’s skin to the thin skin on the inside of her thighs to her tongue finally being the mercenary-- the warm kisses now melting into this beauty’s center, tasting her.

As Cathleen let out her release, she crudely pulled Althea’s hair as they exchanged more rough kisses. She put her legs around Althea’s body as she guided her new lover’s hand to bring her to pleasure. As she writhed on top of her, Cathleen slid in to feel Althea too.


In the middle of it all- they suddenly heard some of the helpers outside.

Althea kissed Cathleen to muffle her moans but that was not enough. So Cathleen guided Althea’s left hand to cover her mouth as they kept on, getting lost into the darkness.

Althea did not know how to react to this free spirit she is now sleeping with. Part of her was freaking out that they might get caught, but part of her --- also felt so free. Althea has been in despair for months and finally, she just wanted to let loose. Besides, she thought to herself – the prospect of getting caught somehow made this moment hotter. A smile sprawled on her lips as Cathleen lightly bit her hand controlling herself from crying out loud.

The beauty on top of her looked tired as she let go of Althea’s hand. Althea crawled towards her and slowly peppered Cathleen with kisses on her relaxed face, the girl’s tattooed body suddenly feeling like jello.

“I have another secret,” Althea whispered in between kisses.

“Ano yun?”

“Yung di mo type na babaeng to --- Kaya rin niya mabagal,” she laughed as she kissed Cathleen’s ear.

“Sira!”

Althea stared at Cathleen intently once again, her ravishing dark eyes studying the Mestiza in front of her. She felt herself gulp as she realized what just occurred. She broke a promise to Jade. She said she was willing to wait. That love may find a way. But here she was sleeping with a stranger.

This --- this was nothing like Jade. And she does not know how to feel about it. This--- this was terrifying.

Cathleen suddenly broke the stare by giving Althea a long kiss enveloping her face on to her warm hands.

“I want to take care of you too, please – let me take of you too,” Cathleen whispered as she pushed Althea back on to the couch. She slowly crawled underneath the covers getting lost one more time into the darkness.


Present …

Cathleen stared at the bright computer in front of her as she continued to type the dreadful email to her ex, Althea Guevarra.

The ex who broke her heart.

“I write this email remembering every single detail. My grief comes in waves, Althea Guevarra. And when you sent me that email – it was as if you brought a whole storm to make these memories gush in. Now I am lost in these waves, drowning in it.

I sometimes wonder if you grieve like I do? Do you?

I know people mourn for their first loves, their TOTGAs, their exes with no closure – but do people ever mourn for that temporary girl? The “For Now” girl. The convenient one. The one at the right place and at the right time – but was never the right love.

I was that to you, Althea. I always wished I never accepted your apology that night.”

The hot tears are now streaming down her cheeks as she typed rapidly.

The rain poured in as Cathleen looked at the dark night in Seattle. She contemplates on the delete button…

“Putangina, dapat ko ba replyan ito,” she muttered underneath her breath.

To be continued…

What was in Althea’s original email? Who is Jade in all this? What happened after that fateful night with Cathleen and Althea?

I will work on the next and last chapter tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story