Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Fighting To Live

Chapter 34

by youngandreckless 5 reviews

chapter 34

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-09-20 - Updated: 2006-09-20 - 3820 words

0Unrated
Chapter 34







Laura's POV



It'd been 12 long hours, Pete and Stacey took Jordan home so he could sleep; there was no way Ana was leaving. Nessa had to work, so Charlie took her home. It was just me, Joe, Andy, Ana and Patrick, "You should go home," Patrick looked to us. I shook my head.
"No way, not until you know something and get to see her," I rubbed his arm.
"Thanks for being here," he mumbled sighing, leaning his head back against the wall. I couldnt begin to picture how helpless he felt.
"They have to know something by now," Ana looked up, "Its been to long,"
"Ms. Harp?..." Ana looked to the doctor, "I'd like to speak to you in private,"
"Whatever you got to say can be said here," she shrugged. The doctor shook his head.
"You're sister lost alot of blood, and with her stopping breathing for the time she did, its caused an excessive amount of brain damage,"
"So what are you saying?" Ana asked.
"Its not likely that your sister will wake up from the coma she's in, but if she does she'll be in a vegative state," I bit on my bottom lip, as Patrick got up, shaking his head, "At the moment she's on life support, we can wait and see if theres change, or we can take her off of it,"
"You're asking me to choose whether my sister lives or dies?" Ana choked out as Andy pulled her closer, I squeesed my hand in Joe's.
"You are her next to kin, like I said if you choose to wait and see what happens we can do that,"
"Is there a chance at all that she will wake up and be completely fine?" Ana pulled away from Andy standing up.
"The odds for that are not in her favor,"
"But maybe with a little bit of time?" Ana asked.
"We can hope, and see if you wish," the doctor mumbled.
"Can I see her?" The doctor nodded.
"We're gonna go check on Patrick," I stood up hugging her. She nodded.




Ana's POV



We followed the doctor down the hall to her room, I stopped in the door way. "Oh god, no I cant do this," I turned burying my head in his chest. He inclosed me in his arms.
"You can, come on," I took in a few deep breaths, seeing her lie there. Shaking my head.
"No," I sobbed, taking her hand in mine. The wires, and machines, there were so many of them, "I cant make that desicion, I wont make it, You gotta open your eyes and.. and prove them wrong, I cant live without you," I fell to the floor beside her bed, sobbing even more. She'd done nothing but great things. She took care of me, and push me in the right direction, she took over the motherly duties while our mother did what she wanted. And this is how she gets repaid. Its not fair.
"Baby," I looked to Andy as he kneeled down on the floor next to me.
"Its not fair," I mumbled, "This isnt fucking fair, why, why is this happening?" I sobbed as he pulled me close, I pulled away quickly, "Dont hold me, Im not the one that's dying, look at me im perfectly heathly! I have everything a girl could want! And yet I never listened to her when she said enjoy it be happy, dont take shit for granted, I cant manage my life by myself! I cant make desicions, I suck at them, i wouldnt be here right now if it wasnt for her! and look what happens to her! Why does this have to happen to her! why not me??" I yelled, in between choking back tears.
"Hey, hey, come here," he mumbled I yanked my arm from his grasp.
"NO! I dont want to be held, I want her to get up! Make her get up!" I yelled at him.
"I cant," he whispered.
"Then leave me alone," I said coldly. It wasnt like I meant to take this anger and pain out on him, it just happen alone. He nodded slowly, getting up.



Andy's POV



I walked out of the room, seeing Laura walk up to me, "I wouldnt go in there," I mumbled to her.
"Why not? she really shouldnt be alone,"
"She wants to be alone," Laura shook her head.
"No she doesnt,"
"She just told me she does," I mumbled shoving my hands in my pockets.
"Go out front, Joe's with Patrick, I got her, okay," she gave me an uneasy smile, and a warm hug; I nodded shoving my hands in the pockets of my jeans. Was this how Joe and Pete felt during all the ruff times they had with Laura and Stacey. Completely lost, and unsure of anything that would possibly help, just praying that love would be allright at the least, by the end of the night. Hoping that they were so out of it that they understood the meaning of those three words, that had been repeated before. Would those words be the only comfort that could actually help? It showed as their love for each other was strong enough; but they had long past. Would my love for Ana be just the tinyest bit of help she needed to get through this. I looked to my right seeing Patrick and Joe sitting on the ground. Maybe my thoughts were selfish. At least Id have her still alive and breathing, at the end of tonight. Lizy might not make it that long. Now the question is whose gonna snap Patrick out of this? I thought of Laura; how she was when Stacey went missing. Was that how Patrick was gonna be? But this time there would be no hope of Lizy coming back; she'd really be gone forever.
"Why arent you with Ana?" Joe asked as I sat next to Patrick.
"She uh wanted to be alone, Laura's with her," I shrugged lightly.




Laura's POV



I took a deep breath, watching Andy walk down the hall; I placed my hand on the cold door knob. This whole place was freezing. It brought back horrible memories. Loosing someone you love is the worse thing that could happen to somebody. She looked back at me for a second then shaking her head, she leaned against the bed, "Alone, please," I heard her whisper; I ignored her walking over sitting in the chair.
"No one needs to be alone, not at times like this," I fumbled with my hands, trying not to look at Lizy lying in that hospital bed.
"Well I do," her voice cold, and it was normal, her world was flipping up side down; and tossed and turned.
"I thought I needed to be alone after I lost Joe and my baby, but it only prolonged my depression, so as your friend im not leaving, we dont gotta talk, just sit here, that's all,"
"What baby?" she turned looking at me.
"The one that died on April 2nd, about 7, 8 years ago,"
"You and Joe have only been together 5 years, thanks for the story though,"
"You dont have to be with someone to sleep with them," I laughed softly.
"Oh, Im sorry," she whispered.
"Its okay," I shrugged.
"How did you get pass loosing the baby?"
"I havent really gotten passed it, more like learned to live with it, and before 5 years ago, I kinda of lost myself in partying, drinking and drugs seemed to make it easier, but it doesnt really get easier, there's always the million and one question left unanswered; why them and not me. But it in a sick way makes you stronger,"
"I really dont know how to deal with this, I cant loose her,"
"There's no right way to deal with it, you just find a way that works and go with it for a while, then another way tends to come around and make it a little easier,"
"Your baby, would have been older then Jordan," she whispered, looking to the floor, "How am I going to explain this to him?" she thought for a moment.
"Yeah, she would have, and we'll all help figure out a way," I nodded. After hours of just sitting there with her, no tears just both of us in a deep thought about this; I helped her off the floor.
"We havent slept in 24 hours," she mumbled.
"Probably longer then that," I opened the door, letting her go out first, looking back at Lizy, saying a silent prayer to let there be a easier way for her to go, then this, if she had to go. All three of their heads shot up looking at us.
"You three look like hell," Ana gave a small smile.
"Do you really wanna talk about looking like hell?" Patrick raised an eye brow at her.
"Oh you dont have to tell me," she shook her head. We all went home with heavy hearts, and drowned minds. Each silently praying there would be some way to fix this, or that in a few hours when we all woke this would be a dream and we'd be at the beach house.




*One Week Later*



"No change," I repeated as the doctor filled Ana in.
"At this point we know for sure that the only thing keeping her alive is the life support, now my question for you is..." he stopped looking at us as Patrick stood, "Do you wish to take her off of life support? I'll leave you and come back," he nodded, Ana looked back at me and Stacey. We'd both had been in her spot of loosing someone very dear to us.
"You cant take her off, he doesnt know what hes talking about, Ana you just have to give her more time," Patrick started, it was the first he'd really talked in this last week, "You take her off and you'll kill her, it'll be her blood on your hands,"
"Hey Patrick come on," Andy stood up, pushing Patrick's hands off Ana's shoulders.
"Its true, she's fighting, she's gonna come back," he shook his head looking at all of us, "Dont you believe? Dont any of you have any faith in her; you're suppose to be her friends, and her sister. You're really gonna just let her die??!" Ana buried her head in Andy's chest.
"Patrick this isnt easy for any of us, but come on, dont say shit like that,"
"Life's not easy, and half the time its fucking unfair, but not this time, she's gonna wake up, shes gonna wake up and im gonna be the only one loyal to her, because none of you care about her!" He pushed pass Joe and Pete, into Lizy's room.




Stacey's POV



I had the same nightmare again last night, this time the images were clearer then ever. And I got some understanding from it. This time it extended. It started the same, as it always did; Things getting hot and heavy with Pete and I; then it flipped to the ship, then max, baack to Pete. Where I back myself in a corner, pulling my knees to me, closing my eyes. Opening them again, Pete stood looking down at me; starting to scream at me; 'You didnt fight him hard enough' I sobbed as he grabbed walked over grabbing a blanket throwing it at me. 'you let him kill our baby!' I choked out sobs, 'no pete, i tried i did' and then it was all black. I looked around. and at the end of the blackness was a rocking chair and Lizy. I got up slowly walking over, being stopped by a little girl. 'will you visit me?' i looked down at her, nodding. walking closer to the rocking chair; 'my baby' i whispered seeing Lizy holding him. 'safe and sound; peacefull is the way it should be' Lizy looked up at me. and then I woke up, and after that i slept peacefully.
"Patrick stop! you cant do that to her!" Laura pushed him back away from Ana. I looked up from my seat, to Pete.
"You okay?" he asked. I nodded.
"I felt her move, her hand moved! you cant sign those fucking papers!" Patrick yelled. I watched Ana look down at the papers, and at everyone. I slowly got up walking over to her.
"You want her at peace?" I whispered, remembering my dream, she looked to me; nodding slowly; "She's not at peace right now," she took a minute looking at Andy, before he nodded agreeing with me. She looked back at Patrick, as he just got more upset, Joe and Pete took over now, so he didnt by mistake hurt Laura. I watched her sign her name across the line; inhaling. The doctor nodded, walking into the room.
"You cant do this!"
"Patrick come on! stop!" Pete and Joe pushed him back against the wall. He yanked himself out of their grasp, pushing pass Ana into the room. I buried my head in Pete's arms, as Joe wrapped his arms around Laura; And Andy held Ana. The flat line filled the room, and all everyone heard was sobs.




*Days later*




Nightmare free these pass few days; happy but saddening all at once. Dreams have weird ways of helping you cope with certain things. I slipped the black dress over my head, fixing it once on my body. "Today's gonna be hell," I looked in the mirror seeing Pete leaned against the door frame. I nodded lightly.
"Anyone get a hold of Patrick?" he shook his head.
"He'll show when hes ready," he shrugged, he wrapped her arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder, kissing my cheek, "I love you," he whispered.
"I love you too," I let a small smile spread across my face.





Laura's POV



"I dont wanna go," I mumbled taking Joe's tie from him, he wasnt even trying to put it on properly.
"I dont wanna wear this tie, but it sees as you're making me, so i guess I get to make you go," I looked up at him for a second then back at the tie. He grabbed my hands as I sighed, getting mad cause the tie didnt do what I wanted it to, "Hey, its okay," he whispered wrapping his arms around me.
"No its not," I pulled away messing with his tie again, i was gonna get it.
"Stop with the tie," he pulled it out of my hands tossing it on the bed, "We got through all that other shit, we'll get through this, together too, okay,"
"Why do we have to be back here, and bury her in that cementary?" i asked, we'd all flown back home, or well at least the home we'd all grown up at, everyone except Ana and Lizy; and were staying at my parents house, It was Patrick's idea to bury her here, and Ana agreed for him. There's a million other cementaries around the world and he picked that one.
"Because that's where Patrick wants her, what's wrong with that cementar.. ohh," he stopped, "It'll be okay, Im right here and Im gonna stay right here with you," he placed his hands on my cheeks making me look up at him.
"Lets go!!" we heard Pete yell. I placed his hand in mine, handing me my purse, leading me out of the room. We arrived at the funeral home, people were allready going in and out, some we knew other's we didnt. Ana stood at the top of the stairs, Jordan sat next to her, Andy next to him. I sucked back tears looking at her. She was a mess, but she flashed a small smile seeing us.
"My mom's gonna take Jordan to go get ice cream," Pete smiled down at Jordan, as our mom walked up behind us.
"Yeah lets go," Jordan looked to Ana then Andy, as they both nodded; "I'll keep him busy as long as you need, im so sorry," she pulled Ana into a hug, Ana nodded thanking her. She then turned to me, "Water proof?" she asked as I wiped my eyes. I nodded, "Good girl," she smiled pulling me into a hug. Last night she was finally filled on the secret pass, Joe's idea. She was upset that I didnt tell her, but she understood, mother's always understand no matter how much they wanna beat your ass. She hugged, Joe, Stacey and Andy, turning to Pete.
"Now dont make me cry, its bad enough their crying," he pointed between me, Stacey and Ana, "make me feel all bad cause Andy and Joe not crying," he smirked, pulling her into a hug. She smiled, taking Jordan's hand, he smiled waving to us, so innocent, and clueless as to what was happening.
"Shall we start?" the preacher asked. Ana nodded, and we all followed her in. I looked everywhere but the coffin; sucking back as many tears as I could, every once in a while, squeesing Joe's hand tighter around mine. I leaned my head against his arm, picking it back up looking to the back as the doors flew open. Patrick walked through the doors. He walked pass everyone, ignoring their looks and up to the coffin, sitting on the steps in front of it. He leaned his head down on his legs, just sitting their. Charlie got up walking to the front.
"Dont touch me, im sitting right here," he looked up pushing Charlie's hand away. Stacey and I got up, walking to the front, leaning in front of him.
"Patrick honey you cant sit up here, come sit with us," I lifted his chin.
"Yeah we want you to sit with us, come on," Stacey whispered to him.
"Why? so if i grow ill you can sign papers over to let me die," he shot at us. I looked to Stacey.
"You didnt want her to suffer, did you?"
"She wasnt! damn it, she was going to wake up! and you all killed her! along with me!" he stood up yelling at all of us.
"Come on, lets go get some air," Charlie pushed Patrick forward, as Pete, Andy and Joe came up.
"Fuck you all, go to hell," he pushed his way out of their grasp. He wasnt drunk.. though that's probably what people who didnt know him first thought was, he was shutting down.
"Okay fuck us all, lets go outside," Pete mumbled to him.
"Dont touch me!" he turned pointing at Pete. Pete put his hands up.
"Allright lets just go outside," Finally after fighting with him some more the boys got him outside, Stacey and I took our seats next to Ana and Nessa. I rubbed Ana's arm as Stacey pulled her into a hug.






Joe's POV



We looked back as the doors open and the now closed coffin was brought out. A distraut, Ana, came out leaning against Stacey for support, Nessa and Laura behind them. I sighed, as we headed to our cars, getting in and following the hertz. A few minutes later we stopped a little ways away from the burial spot. walking through the grass, we gathered around. As the preacher started to talk again. Laura buried her head in my chest as the coffin lowered into the ground. I looked down holding her tighter, kissing her head. Taking a couple of breaths. I looked up as Ana sobbed more, And Patrick cursed everyone. I pulled Stacey to me as Pete helped Charlie with Patrick. Dirty pulled Nessa to him. We waited and once it was over, we went to walk away. "You're not just gonna leave are you?" Stacey grabbed my hand as Laura looked up wiping her eyes.
"I rather not be here anymore, thank you," Laura mumbled walking towards the car.
"Dont you want to see where your daughter is buried?" Stacey looked to me.
"Not today, no, I think this is enough for one day," I mumbled.
"But tomorrow we leave, if you dont today then when will you?" she asked.
"Laura's not gonna be up for that, I can tell you that now,"
"Didnt she agree to take you to it one day?"
"Yeah, but with.."
"If not today, you two will never go, I know Laura she'll get around it as much as possible," I nodded, giving in. She grabbed my hand pulling me over to where Laura stood. Stacey walked over to Pete leaving me with her.
"I think we should at least stop by, I do wanna know where she's buried," I crossed my arms leaning against the car. she looked to me.
"Today? you cant wait for another day?" she asked.
"It can but it shouldnt, come on, you said you'd show me,"
"Back there by that tree, I'll wait," she mumbled, I caught her hand in mine.
"That's not showing me,"
"Joe I cant do this, not now,"
"Then when?" I asked.
"I dont know,"
"If we do it today, it'll be better," I took a step waiting for her to take one too. she stared at me, for the longest. Taking a step, then another; I followed her.
"There," she pointed to the pink tombstone.. baby wentz trohman written across it. She stood a few feet away from it. I pulled her closer, wrapping my arms around her, burying my head in the nape of her neck. I listen to her silently sob, as tears pass my eyes.





Stacey's POV




"What are they doing?" Nessa asked.
"Yeah, what's the point of that?" Pete pointed to them.
"Their visiting someone who requested their visitation," Pete and Nessa looked at me.
"Will I kill it if I go over?" Pete asked finally understanding.
"No," I shook my head.
"We'll be back," he mumbled to Nessa, grabbing my hand. I didnt say I wanted to go. we walked over to where Joe and Laura now sat on the ground. we sat next to them, Pete grabbed Laura's hand, she smiled lightly at him. Soon Charlie and Nessa joined, along Andy and Ana.
"What you guys doing??" Dirty walked up to us all loud, "Whose baby wentz trohman???" he asked looking at us.
"We'll explain later, grab some grass," Pete looked up at him. He did as he was told. I looked back seeing Patrick slowly walk over, he made it over finally, sitting in the middle of me and Pete, and Joe and Laura. We sat there, not really crying anymore, just there. No one talked, just stared ahead at the stone.




------------------------------------


The end. lovies. thanks for reading. you make my world go 'round. the idea of another story is in the works this time stacey has to think it up. so as soon as she comes up with it then we'll start once again. xoxo.
Sign up to rate and review this story