Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Well Again

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The aftermath of Kyosuke's family after they fix all of their problems.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2018-07-07 - 683 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Nine: Well Again:

Kyosuke's family is doing much better now. They are still on the mend, but things will get better.

-Mamoru-

He has to work to earn back Michiko's trust. Mamoru got a second job. It will take months, but he doesn't mind. Tsubaki broke up with her boyfriend. She's going to try to be alone for a while.

"It's for the best," Tsubaki said.

"Agreed," Mamoru said. "What will you do now?" She looked over at him.

"Finish school," she said. "After that, I don't know." She walked up to the library on their campus.

"Hey, Tsubaki," Mamoru spoke up. His friend paused and turned her head.

"Hm?" she asked. He rubbed the back of his head as he shuffled his feet.

"Can… We play tennis later today?" he asked. Tsubaki smiled.

"Sure," she said.

"Thanks," he said, bowing. Mamoru followed Tsubaki into the library.

-Kimi-

It's over. Kimi and Eishi broke up. She doesn't feel bad either. His wife needed him. Kimi and Mayumi talked about the teacher.

Kimi sat on the bench, tapping her floor. The playing children didn't make it easier. She ran different scenarios of how this would play out. Would Mayumi attack her? Would there be a fight? Who would win?

Kimi shook her head. Calm down! It's just a talk. Nothing bad should happen, right? So why was she shaking?

"Kimi-chan?" a woman asked. The girl jerked her head upwards. Mayumi stood inches away.

"Hello," she said, bowing.

"Uh… hi…" Kimi said. She stared at the frail woman. Any words she had in her head vanished.

"May I?" the woman asked.

"Um… sure, I guess," Kimi said.

"Thank you," Mayumi said. She bowed and sat down on the bench. Kimi held her breath. The sick woman bowed her head.

"Please, take my husband," she said. Kimi blinked.

"Huh?" she asked. Mayumi grabbed her by the hands.

"I won't have long anyway," she said. "I have cancer."

"What?!"

The woman lowered her head. "I've talked to Eishi-kun. I told him that he can see anyone after I die. He seems to have chosen you. I wish you both well." Kimi drew back her hands and nervously laughed.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I just can't."

"What?" Mayumi asked. Kimi took a deep breath.

"Sensei is a great guy," she said. "But he's not my type. You can have him. I'm done with him." Mayumi tried to speak, but Kimi stood up.

"It was nice to meet you," Kimi said. "Just wish it could be better times. Can I say something else?"

"What?" Mayumi asked. The girl flashed a V-sign at her.

"I'm glad you and I spoke," she said. "In a way, I wanted you to stop us."

"Huh?" the sick woman asked. The girl smiled and walked away.

Today, she saw Eishi and Mayumi town together. They looked so happy. Kimi only smiled and waved when they saw her before walking away.

-Michiko-

She now has a new relationship. Her lover turned out to be a rival shop owner. He treated her like a princess. Michiko felt comfortable with being herself around her new boyfriend. Mamoru and Kimi wrinkled their noses around him.

"Why him?" they had to ask. Michiko turned to them smiling.

"He's really cute. And so good to me," she said. The younger siblings rolled their eyes and groaned. Michiko smiled. At least she was happy.

-Sosuke-

"Happy now?" Sosuke asked his brother.

"Just about," Kyosuke said.

"Huh?" the older brother asked with an eyebrow raised.

"You have to tell them the truth," the shinigami said.

"But…" he said.

"Do it!" Kyosuke said. "Or I'll haunt you!" He tried to look all mean and serious. Sosuke tried not to laugh.

"What?" Kyosuke asked. Sosuke patted him on the head.

"You still look too funny when you try to look angry," he said. "Fine, you convinced me." Kyosuke stared at him with big eyes.

"Seriously?" he asked.

"Yes," his older brother said. "Be right back." He disappeared before Kyosuke's eyes. The last weight from the shinigami's shoulders vanished. Now what do I do?
Sign up to rate and review this story