Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Lost Uchiha

Reunion

by TsukuRasu 0 reviews

The truth was revealed.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Kakashi - Published: 2018-10-07 - 741 words

0Unrated

5

"You're... Really here?"

Kakashi stared at him with a dumbfounded expression that could only show in his eyes. Confusion, it didn't click in his head entirely because he was face to face with his "dead" best friend. It was slow, the shock overpowering everything else, cogs in his brain slowly turning after have feeling inactive for a few days.

The thoughts that lingered around the first time he was contacted reappeared.

That confusion was slowly run out, simply because of the sudden anger that forced its way past. If looks could kill, "Obito" would definitely be maimed several times over.
The older seemed to sense this and his hands rose up in defense, and his expression was unidentifiable due to the mask in its place.

"Woah Woah, hey, can we talk this out before you verbally assault me?" He wasn't sure if he was going to be very pleased with the outcome of their lovely conversation. Because the way Kakashi continued to stare at him wasn't really reassuring.

"Why." The malice hid behind that one word was enough to make the air still. Tobi half expected for his once best friend to be angry, besides, nothing could explain "his" behavior.

"We need to talk."

"About what? Why you didn't come back to the Leaf? Why you decided to show your face now?" He asked-- no, demanded.

And "Obito" answered as softly and neutral as he could.

"I was there."

Kakashi knew what he was talking about, his shoulders sagged and the anger completely left his eyes. They were now dull with guilt and regret.
That explained the blood and gore of the battlegrounds after Rin was killed. Obito must have caused it in a blind rage.

The older man noticed how easily the burning fire behind the younger's eyes was put out by three simple words. He didn't meet his eyes after that, he stared at the ground his eyes hidden from view.

"I don't blame you, but some part of me does. Some part of me wants you dead." Kakashi didn't even make a sound, his head raised a little, but it fell back down. He didn't feel the need to meet his eyes, he didn't want to look at the mask that was staring at him.

"Madara, Madara planned it."

The silver-haired ninja still didn't talk.

"The Kyuubi-attack, I was the one who carried it out," Kakashi raised his head, but avoided his eyes. There was the anger again. "But it wasn't me. It was Tobi."

Obito knew Kakashi wanted more answers.

"I can't say any more, he'll know." Was the sentence that ended his questions. Obito believed the once kid prodigy would be able to understand, connect the dots. He knew it for sure.

Kakashi was wiping his eyes continuously for nearly the entire time Obito was speaking. His speech wavered.
"Why are you here?" The Jonin looked like a child for a moment at just how vulnerable he looked. All Kakashi really wanted to know if he knew, knew what many did not.

"I wanted to tell someone, I wanted you to know that its not your fault about her. But next time we meet, I may not be Obito anymore," He looked at the "Hatake" with mild worry, but no one could tell. "You okay, Kakashi?"

The man who was currently Obito searched the younger's body language like it would answer all his questions in a heartbeat.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just go back before you get caught, we both don't want to know the consequences." He looked up finally, scarlet dribbling down his face only to get absorbed by the mask, an eye smile in place. Obito stepped forward, closer to the Jonin sensei, and embraced him. The hug was warm and it was needed for them both after being separated for a long time.

"I don't have much time left, but..." The hug was broken as the two separated. It was hesitant, it was too soon. Obito stepped into a Kamui that was slowly taking him away. He stared at his once teammate, the mask hiding the current emotion in his eyes. "Take care of yourself Kakashi."

The said only chuckled, turning away from the older. Blinking away the silent tears and red pair of mismatched eyes.  "Same for you, Itoko." And just like that:

He was gone.

And he found himself sitting next to the gravestones, thinking about his next encounter with his cousin.

5
Sign up to rate and review this story