Categories > Original > Horror > Life With a Monster

Life With a Monster

by Catgirl1 0 reviews

Feel more than welcome to ignore this, but this is my book. I own this.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-12-22 - 1347 words

0Unrated
Staring outside of the old mansion. That's all I was doing.
Who am I? Apologies. I tend to forget that part. My name is Brynn and I'm supposed to be a Junior in HighSchool. Except that I can't leave this mansion or he will find out. I'm speaking of my boyfriend. He's a monster.
I know. Oh wow, how original. But seriously, I was given to him. Thinking back on it, I'll tell you what happened so you understand.
I was in my room when the emo-goth kid I sat in front of in my History class appeared on the news. He was holding a knife and people were dead around him. He smiled at the camera in a way I didn't like. "Why hello." He said. I shivered. Was it really this cold or was it my imagination. "I doubt many of you know my name, so I'll make one up for you. It's Corvus Mortis. Yes, I killed these people and here's why. I have decided to make a new kind of me. Of course, I am a psychopath. And that's because well, the people I know hate me. I have already killed them. But, I am not so merciless to kill all of you. I have decided to limit myself. I hope to talk to you in three weeks." And with that, he punched the camera. I stared at the tv. This was weird and kind of stereotypical. Of course this would happen. Corvus Mortis was always the kid who would land himself in detention, smack a teacher every now and then, and his family were delinquents. He was taking this to the next level. Suddenly, there was a knife at my throat. "You are coming with me." It was him.
"C-Corvus Mortis?" I whispered.
"That's right." he said, pressing it harder.
"Fine, I'll come. But I won't be able to move if you slit my throat." I said. He moved it away and tied my hands. "Try anything funny and I'll kill you." He said. I nodded. We walked outside and he threw me into the back of the car and drove away. "Can I ask you something?" I asked.
"You just did, Brynn." I was startled that he knew my name.
"Why did you take me?" I asked.
"Because I needed to kidnap you." he said.
"You could have taken Callie Nelson." I said. She was the daughter of the mayor.
"Can't stand her. I'd kill her." he said. I smirked.
"Glad to hear you hate her too. But why did you kidnap me?"
"Because I have to."
"Tell me why."
"Fine. My beloved family-"
"Your deceased family." I corrected.
"Yes, a few weeks ago, they found chemicals and mixed them with drugs. But, they needed a labrat and-"
"They chose you, didn't they?"
"Yes." He looked straight ahead.
"That's why you weren't at school for the past three weeks."
"Yep."
"What happened to you when they tested it out on you?" I asked.
"Well, I took one every day of different kinds without knowing and then, my parents gave me all of them all at once."
"And?"
"As they did, they kept adding different amounts of the chemicals and I can't be human anymore."
"What?" I was confused.
"Fully human." He said.
"What do you mean by that?"
"I'm a monster now."
"Well, yeah, you killed plenty of innocent people."
"Yes, I did. Brynn, listen, I'm a literal monster."
"What do you mean?"
"I would show you, but I can't here." He said.
"Karma, how many did you kill?" I asked. I could see his frown in the rearview mirror. "How do you know my real name?"
"Because I heard your name being called in class."
"Oh." He said. I looked at the mask. "Take it off." I ordered.
"What?"
"The mask. Why are you covering your eyes?" I asked. He sighed and did as I told him too.
I stared at them, my eyes wide. He had black sclera with amber irises. It was creepy to see on his face because he looked human other wise. "I know this looks weird."
"I can understand why you feel the need to hide it from people." I said. He didn't answer me. I had to admit, he was pretty cute, but, for the moment, I refused to fall in love with my kidnapper. "Karma?"
"Yeah?"
"I can't cure you. I'm not a doctor. If that's why you kidnapped me."
"No, it isn't, Brynn." he said.
"Then, why did you do it? I'm not special." I said. Then, I started to get scared. "What are you going to do to me?"
"I'm not going to try to hurt you at all. And I kidnapped you because someone I know wants to hurt you because of me. I know it makes no sense, but I can't let you die."
"You became a psychopath."
"Yes, yes, I did."
"Why are you acting like this?" I asked.
"I don't know."
"Did you really kill your entire family?"
"All except for my father. He ran off before I could. He controls me when I become a monster. It's extremely painful too. I can, of course, become one when I want to, but I can't control my body."
"Meaning?"
"I don't have a grip over myself." He answered. I didn't talk for a little while. We were on the highway, but we had been for a while and were out of the city. It was dark and in the woods. Karma drove down an exit in what I guessed was seven minutes after I had looked around to see where we were. I sat for another hour in silence when I said, "Karma?"
"What?"
"Where are we going?"
"To a place I found. We'll be there in another hour. It's nice and out of the way."
"Oh."

Karma turned left into a driveway with a large wall. He simply drove up to the entrance gate and got out. I watched as he pushed it open with no difficulty. When he got back in the car, he drove inside and I looked at the mansion. It was smaller than Biltmore Estate, but not by much. The driveway was unsurprisingly gravel with a fountain that was running. He drove into the garage and I heard him close the gate. Karma walked back to the car and looked around. Then he let me out of the car and we walked inside the house. It was cold, but not a bad place. We walked up some stairs and down a hall. He opened a door and I walked inside. There was a nice queen sized bed along with a wardrobe, a dresser, a vanity table, a tv, and a two lamps by the bed. "Your room." he said. I smiled. "It's very beautiful. Thanks."
"You're welcome."
"But, what about clothes and stuff?" I asked.
"It's taken care of." Karma promised and left. I looked through the wardrobe and dresser, which, surprisingly, had my style of clothes.

The next morning, I walked downstairs, yawning, my hair a mess, to find Karma staring at me. "Good morning." he said. I stared at him. He was drinking coffee and wearing a dark blue robe. It was so ridiculous I almost laughed. "What's wrong, Brynn?"
"Nothing." I said.
"Um, are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Then sit down. I haven't poisoned anything, I promise."
I sat and reached for some cereal. He watched me quietly as I ate. "Is it just the two of us?"
"At this table? Yes. In the house? No."
"Okay, who else is here?"
"My old group from school who know about me being what I am...."
"Do they know that I'm here?"
"No."
"I just want to go home."
"You can't get off this property. I'll come find you and trust me, I can track anybody easily." Karma said.

And that's how a psychopath kidnapped me and brought me to the scariest place on Earth. I'm not hurt and I don't see anyone else except for Karma. This is my second day here.
Sign up to rate and review this story