Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Edenic

Panicking Clock

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Both Jotaro and Haruka know they are running out of time. Jotaro plans what to do next while Haruka starts to hear another voice in the room with her.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Published: 2018-12-28 - 556 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Nine: Panicking Clock:

They are holding Jotaro for the night. His constantly moving had his only method of survival. But he needed a more permanent plan if he was going to get out of this alive. The shinigami placed him in a call facing Ju-Oh-Cho. He lay back on his bed.

It started with that call.

Since then, Jotaro's been on the run. But he needed a plan. He knew fighting back wasn't an option. Still, the boy came prepared. Jotaro reached under his shirt. He drew out a small brass key. The heir held his breath. There is a storage locker in Kabukicho. He could picture it in his mind. He could picture it in his mind. Someone slipped an envelope under his door three nights ago. No return address. How did he know he would be here? He checked the room for bugs and cameras earlier too. Jotaro carefully opened the envelope. No note inside, just that small key. Jotaro turned it front and back. There was a number on the back. 2987. He checked the envelope again. There was a note on the flap.

An address in Kabukicho.

He debated on going or not. Why give it to him? Who were they? Jotaro still had the envelope in his pocket. At least he had Anna on his side. Jotaro rolled over onto his stomach.

What time was it now? Jotaro looked around outside of his cell. What would they do to him? They couldn't prove that he did anything wrong. They'd release him by morning. Where would he go? The heir rubbed his forehead. He needed to get to that locker in Kabukicho.

I can't go alone. Tsuzuki-san hates me too. Jotaro rolled over onto his side. Lucky for him, the heir had some ways.

Okay, one problem down. He still had more! His main one? Time became his enemy. Speaking of which…

-Tokyo-

Haruka sat in her living room. She started to smile. She didn't need the elders to win this war. She could do this by herself.

"You sure about that?"

Haruka gritted her teeth. He's back again.

"Yes."

He all but laughed. The old woman refused to look up.

"May I ask what's so funny?" A hand rested on her shoulder.

"You will not win. You must know that."

She pushed away his hand. "Shut up."

"But you know I am right." He always said that. Didn't he ever shut up? Lately, Aki seemed to agree with him. Whose side was she on? Haruka leaned back and closed her eyes.

"Don't you ever shut up?" she asked.

"Don't you ever accept the truth?" he asked. She refused to look at him.

"Enough already," Haruka grumbled. "You are just…"

"What?"

Haruka tapped the arm of her chair. She would not scream or give him the satisfaction. I will not let him beat me. She could tell he was smiling.

"Come on…" he said. "Just admit the truth. You will not win. Malchik has already beat you. It's only a matter of time. Your clan is over. The Eda-Kimoto is finished." Haruka walked out of the living room.

His voice became her motivation.

Both Haruka and Jotaro are on a tight clock. But who will be out of time first? The answer would be revealed by morning. It starts with another call.
Sign up to rate and review this story