Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Edenic

Walk the Block

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Jotaro and Anna blend into the crowd and talk while walking to Kabukicho.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2019-01-26 - 701 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirteen: Walk the Block:

-Noon-

No one was following them yet. Anna shoved her hands into be looking for something. She thought about saying something, but nothing came to mind. Instead, she looked at the crowd. This war was ending? It didn't feel like it. Anna took a breath.

"What will you do when it's over?" Jotaro asked.

"Hm?" Anna asked. He looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

"What will you do after you have your revenge?" he asked. Anna thought about it for a minute.

"Enjoy my family," she said. "Fake some normalcy."

"Is that all?"

"Yes. Why?"

Jotaro shrugged and shook his head. Anna narrowed her eyes.

"Why?" she asked again.

"Just asking," he said.

"And what about you?" she asked. Jotaro chuckled to himself.

"I have no future," he said.

"Excuse me?" she asked. He finally turned his head. Jotaro had a sad smile on his face.

"These hunters. They are good at their job," he said. "I just wonder who's going to get to me first."

"Jotaro-kun…" Anna said. He shook his head.

"Don't," he said. "I am okay now. But I won't out go out laying down. This is the least I can do before they kill me." Anna opened her mouth to speak. Jotaro held up his hand.

"Don't," he said again. "Just… Don't." She closed her mouth.

"Thank you," he said. They kept walking.

Another thought crossed Anna's mind as they left Shibuya.

"Jotaro-kun," she said.

"Hm?" the boy asked.

"Why are they targeting you? You have no past connection to Papa's family."

"My father."

"You mean when…?"

"Yes."

"Oh. I'm so sorry for that."

"Don't be. It was his fault in the first place." Jotaro gritted his teeth. "My old man. He only cared about reviving our clan. Mom was an afterthought. I get mad thinking about it."

"I can understand." They stopped at a crosswalk. Anna looked behind them before turning to Jotaro.

"Where in Kabukicho are we going?"

"It's a bathhouse. They have a locker room in the basement."

"And you're sure this isn't a trap?"

"Only one way to see, isn't there?" The light turned green. Anna followed Jotaro across the street. He put his arms behind his head. The silence surprisingly relaxed them. The crowd of people helped too. Still, Anna and Jotaro couldn't relax. It felt calm. Too calm, in fact.

"Should we run?" Anna whispered.

"No, it will draw too much attention," he whispered. "Just act natural."

"Okay," she said. They kept walking. They should be passing Yoyogi Park in a few minutes. Anna glanced up at the sky. On a normal day, it would be a nice day out. A date, maybe.

Wait…

"I wish it was a date," Jotaro said. "But it's not."

"Oh," she mumbled. Anna's cheeks turned bright red. Wait a minute! I'm married! /Why am I thinking that way?/ Anna smacked herself on the forehead. Jotaro tried not to laugh.

"What?!" she shouted.

"Nothing," the boy said. "Nothing at all." Anna frowned and puffed up her cheeks. Idiot.

"Stop hearing my thoughts," she complained. The boy only shrugged.

"Sorry," he said. "Can't help it. Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself." She glared at him.

"Shut up," she hissed. Jotaro covered his mouth to keep from laughing. Anna looked ready to strangle him. He gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Aw, don't be like that," he said. "Tell you what, I will make it up to you. Let me buy you lunch." Anna blinked at first.

"Seriously?" she asked.

"Yeah," the boy said. The woman tried to pretend to be angry. She dropped her arms by her side.

"Fine," Anna grumbled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Jotaro said. She gritted her teeth. Why did he have to be an asshole and charming?

The walk would be in Kabukicho in less than half an hour. Step one was down. The mission had only started. Plus, there was still Tsuzuki and the boys to work with. Should be fine, right? Anna pushed the thought out of her head and followed Jotaro.

Should be fine for now. Keep calm and walk. Keep calm and walk. This should work out. She hoped.
Sign up to rate and review this story