Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One-Shots & More~(Multi-Fandom)

The Day It All Went To Hell Part 1 (Voltron AOT AU Reader Insert)

by CoolKat122 0 reviews

Part 1 of The Day It All Went To Hell, I have more plan but it will be a while.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Horror - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2019-02-02 - 4314 words - Complete

0Unrated
Fandom: Voltron

Character: Romelle, Bandor, Keith.

Setting: AOT au

Inspired by: The photo of Keith, Shiro and Allura as Scouts

Requested?: No

Just so there's no confusion I'll only be using Voltron characters for this little four(?)shot series that I got the idea for this by the seeing a voltron AOT fanart and had gotten an urge to write this.

P.S I'm going to try to make this as different as I can while still keeping a few things here and there, you'll find out what I'm keeping and what I'm not as we go since I don't want to list them, it's more fun when you discover it rather than being told it but I am placing this here so there won't be any confusion. Enjoy your read.

__

The walls they form all around us to protect us, keep us safe from the Titans that wished to do us harm not much is known about the Titans only that they seem to only eat humans and the only sure way we know to kill them is to slice the back of their necks. But other things still remain a mystery to us like where do they come from? How do they reproduce? And so on, my Brother thinks that there must be a stork Titan flying around delivering Titan babies, his logic was if there’s a stork delivering human babies there must be one for Titans.

He’s strange like that but I wouldn’t change a thing about him, I thought as I watched him play with the little brother of my friend Romelle with some sticks they found pretending they were swords that they would use to kill Titans.  If you hadn’t figured it out that’s what he wanted to do when he was older, to be like those famous scouts he’d always talk about.

The two most famous ones were Zarkon & Alfor since they were the most talked about though he said his favorite was Gyrgan, I didn’t have one, I appreciated all of them but I just didn’t really like thinking about those things and the best way to do that was to not think of the any of the people that fought them since it pretty much goes hand and hand.



I don’t know if that’s what Bandor wanted to do as well since he never told and I never thought to ask, I know what Romelle wanted to do, she was looking forward to being a teacher where’s I… uh had no idea actually. Writer maybe? I heard that I have good handwriting maybe that could transfer over to being a good writer? I don’t know… I still have time to figure it all out.  

“It’s getting kind of late” I took my eyes off of the boys turning my attention to Romelle as she was looking to the sky that was now noticeably darker than earlier. “You’re right…” I hummed before getting off the log calling out to my brother, “it’s time to go Wally” The freckled face boy pouted as he walked over reluctantly, whining on his way that he didn’t get to finish off the last one.

“We’ll get him next time” Bandor reassured causing a grin that showed his missing tooth to appear on my brother’s face. “Yeah you’re right, he won’t get away that easy” Wally gave a thumbs up while I crooked my brow and asked a question that was slightly bothering me.

“How would you know it’s him?...don’t they kind of look alike?” Sure there were different types but from some detailed drawings, I saw by those that have fought them and it showed that they all mostly looked alike. “Only to a regular civilian like you two but to us scouts our eyes have been specially trained to pick up all sorts of things that would usually go unnoticed by the common folk” He pointed his thumb to himself &  Bandor both wearing proud smirks on their faces as if what they said were true and not just something they made up.

Okay I can see now where this is going to go I’ll bring up legit questions waiting for logical answers only to receive made up facts that he would think up out of the blue (at least I assumed they were made up on the spot, hard to tell just how much time he feeds into his imagination).



“Uh-huh, sure, let’s get a move on before we get a long lecture from Mom and Dad about being out so late” Romelle nodded as to back me up. “Alllright… C’ya Bandor”  Wally waved before running off over to my side, Bandor returned it while pretty much doing the same except it’s by his sister side rather than mine. I also said my farewells to my friend as we went our separate ways on home.

During our walk Wally was telling me the kind of Titans he and Bandor were ‘slayings' and how they were doing it with a bunch of made up moves I’m sure they wouldn’t actually be able to do in real life but I humored him by acting amazed (for now at least, I noticed Romelle would do it for her brother so I decided to do it to for the day).

“So we finally came up with a move that impressed you huh?” Wally bought up taking noticed that this was a first where I didn’t say how silly their moves sounded.

“Well, there’s a first for everything kiddo”  He puffed his chest out again with another proud smirk. “Oh, boy Bandor gonna want to hear about this” And this is why I don’t like humoring him, it gets to his head real quick (well I think this is actually a first but I have compliment him in the past and got the same results). “Uh-oh,” He stopped in his tracks causing him to be a few steps behind until I slowed to a stop myself staring at him with Confusion.

“What?” He showed me a fake wooden knife that was decently made as I started wondering where he got it from? Lord knows he can’t craft anything decent enough to save his life. “I forgot to return this to Bandor, when we were playing I pretend that I lost my blades while a Titan had me and this is what he tossed me” I now recalled seeing Bandor toss Wally something but didn’t really care assuming that it was just another stick or something.

“Why’d he toss you a knife instead of just using his gear to come to rescue you?” Wouldn’t that be better than using a tiny knife that probably wouldn’t have done any real damage?

“He couldn’t have he was out of gas and there was no way he would get to me in time I had to save myself” Right, of course, I rolled my eyes causing him to frown when he caught me in the act. “Besides it adds more tensions and risk at the situation if all I have to work with is a knife to fight for my life against a Titan” Yup makes sense to me.

“Okay well you can return it later, there’s really no rush” I reasoned as I looked to the darkening sky when my gaze turned back to him, his arms were crossed and he was frowning.

"But I want to return it to him now, please sis? You don't have to come with, you can just wait here and I'll go it would be faster that way” He pleaded with his puppy eyes, I really wanted to say no but eventually cave which made those forest green eyes light up brighter than the stars.

"Awesome, I'll be right back I promise" He shouted as he took off into the direction of Romelle and Bandor's home, I looked for a place to sit as I sighed at the thought of the long lecture we were definitely going to receive.

Not much time had passed about five minutes or so when the ground started shaking, I along with everyone else around turned ourselves to see where it was coming from and what we saw was worse than what we thought.

A Titan much bigger than the walls was peaking over at us looking over at everyone inside as its brown orbs lingered a little too long on a certain area and I'm not sure if I am seeing this right but when it did I...I thought saw some kind of emotion in its eyes... I think saw guilt.

I really don’t know but that guilt(if that's even what it was) wasn’t enough to stop it because a few seconds later big pieces of the walls went flying everywhere, crushing those it landed on. I was knocked down by the force and was almost out cold with how I hit my head if it weren't for some random stranger that spotted me and got me back up on my feet.

He tried to help me get to safety apparently Titans were coming in...the Titans...were.. coming...in! "WALLY!" I shouted as I realized that my brother wasn’t with me I tugged and pulled until my hand was freed from the man that was trying to take me to safety but I didn’t want to go not without my brother, my friends… my family!

I quickly ran as fast as I could desperately trying to find my brother, he was my top priority after that since I would already be so close to Romelle I’ll go to them before finally getting Mom and Dad, and heading to the boats. Would we make it in time? I don’t know all that I do know and care about is that I’m not doing it without my family.

"Hey, where are you going the boats that way, HEY KID!" I heard someone shout but I didn't listen to them I just kept running until I came to a stop when I saw a boulder blocking my path as I cursed, I was so close Romelle's home is just passed this boulder.

I looked over the boulder hoping to find some way to get by when I saw my worst fears come to life under the boulder was my brother Wally his forest green eyes that were once filled to the brim with life were now dull and lifeless...and they were staring right at me...

"N-no...no, noooo!" I repeated before screaming out falling to my knees as everything faded till everything around me just drifted away until all I could see was my brother's lifeless corpse, there were flashes in my mind of how he was when he was alive. Smiling, cheerful, a total goofball, always skipping out on his chores, never stopping about how he and Bandor were going to free us all of the Titans one day but now... none of that even matters cause none of it will ever come true...

My brother started to look like he was becoming smaller and further away from view until I couldn't see him anymore... now that I think about it the reason he was becoming smaller was because someone was pulling me away from him, my gaze dully looked at my hand since that's where I felt someone pulling me and then slowly followed up from the hand to their arm pass their shoulders till I reached the back of their head...

It was that boy that always gets in trouble at school, what was his name again? You would think with the number of times I would hear our teacher shout it in anger I would have it memorized by now but I seem to be drawing a blink...

He got us to the boats just fine and just in time too this was the last one leaving if I had missed it I would have been stuck here with the Titans, left for dead as something to snack on. When we aboard I slowly walked off over to a nearby corner to sit in.

From over in my corner I saw many different types of people those lucky to have escaped with their loved ones and those not so fortunate, some of them were like me just quietly sitting by themselves void of any emotions just a blink husk that was trying to adjust to the idea of the person they held dear not returning while most were outright crying over their lost.

"_____!" Two separate voices called my name as they rushed over to me Upon realizing who they were I snapped my eyes over in their direction when they reached me they quickly pulled me into a hug that I returned feeling relieved to see them alive and well.

I felt so many emotions at that moment, happy to see that my friends were alive and well but pain, grief from the loss I've experienced today, losing my home, my parent's whereabouts and fate being left unknown and my brother's death. All these emotions were going on inside me and I didn't know what to be focusing on the fact that at the very least my friends are alive or the pain and heartache of my brother's death, the uneasiness of not knowing what has become of my parents?

When Bandor pulled back he asked a question that I had really wish he hadn't. "Hey, where's Wally?" I didn't need to say anything my silence was enough to make them aware of my brother's fate, Romelle placed a hand over her mouth as she gasped. "Oh no..."

Bandor's eyes darken as he looked back to our fallen home and cursed. "Those bastards!" Romelle pulled me back into the hug while Bandor sat down beside me not saying anything as he just looked at his lap with his legs folded across one another deep in thought.

We stayed like this until the boat reached the safe zone within a new city, Galra city it was bigger than our city but it already housed a lot of people you could just tell by the looks everyone was giving that they weren't too thrilled to have more mouths to feed.

I wasn't the only one to notice this Romelle and Bandor did as well but tried to not let it affect them as we continued living here, telling ourselves that this was only temporary that the government would take care of it soon, they'll get our home back and take out those monsters.

I wanted to believe that as much as them but I didn't I just couldn't fool myself into it and as the days went by things were only made worse when word got back that not even the most famous of forces made it back in fact only one survived... Zarkon and rumor has it he came back changed since he was the only one of his friends that made it back.

Makes sense that he would be different after the people you worked with for years were slaughtered right in front of you while you were too helpless to do anything, I would hear a whisper that King Alfor was with them.

"Wait didn't he retire after becoming king?" One of the people in line in front of us asked as Bandor stared in shock he couldn't believe that they had failed, he and my brother looked up to them so much... everyone did, they were one of the few that picked scouts and lived to be as old as they are plus they were the only ones with the kill count that high.

The day word got out that they were going to clear the area everyone hopes went through the roof with chatter going around that if anyone could get our home back it was them...guess no one's getting our home back now, all hope for it was lost, you could see it in everyone's eyes.

"Yes he did but once he heard that one of his cities was lost, he couldn't find it in himself to sit by and do nothing though it would seem he should have searched harder" Bandor balled his fist as he glared at the people saying all of those nasty things, I could tell he really wanted to do something but didn't, he was too kind, it just wasn't in his nature.

Romelle, on the other hand, took it upon herself to correct their attitudes on the situation. "What is wrong with you people? our King just risked his life to try and help make things better and you treat it as if it were nothing? How do you think the princess would feel if she heard how her people treated her Father's sacrifice? How do you think Zarkon the man in charge of this city would feel if he heard you talk about his friend in such a manner?"  They looked pissed to be told off by a younger girl but seemed to give what she said some thought, they probably would get into some serious trouble if someone important had heard their talk lucky for them though it was just a bunch of kids instead.

We soon got our food and went on our way to find a nice enough spot to eat it though when we did find a spot and started chowing down Bandor was the only one not touching his instead he appeared to be deep in thought. "Bandor what's wrong?"

His eyes sadden as he stared into his meal. "They really are dead...I didn't want to believe it when we first heard it but it just keeps becoming more and more clear that they are when Zarkon came riding in on his horse alone and all banged up...it took a while to process that they lost"

"It's not the end of the world Bandor we'll get our h-" Romelle tried to cheer him up but Bandor interrupted.

"Romelle we won't they've given up I can see it in everyone's eyes" Romelle wondering if her brother was right took a look around and got her answer with each passing glance she took at those around her the more she realized that no one wanted to take the risk.

"But that's alright, I won't expect others to take back what we lost instead I'm going to step up in three months I'll be old enough to sign up for training and not long after I can go, I can take back our home, I'll make everything right again for you, for ____" His eyes cut to me last shining at the brim before they darken just a tiny bit as he looked down again "...for Wally" Romelle placing her food down to her left raised up from her seat.

"You can't possibly want to join after what happened to our brother, after what happened to King Alfor and the others? It's suicide!" Bandor copying Romelle stood up as well just a foot or two away from Romelle.

"We still don't know if brother is dead and even if he is that doesn't change that we can't live here forever especially as freeloaders they barely tolerate us as is but if I join they'll overlook us staying here since I'll be earning our keep" I was pretty much silent throughout their argument as I thought over more and more on what Bandor said.

Taking back our home... earning our keep... the more I thought about it the more I realized that I don't want to live like this nor do I want to live here, this isn't my home it's not where I belong... my place is back in Pollux town back where my brother and I grew up... I don't want to stay here longer than necessary.

"I'm joining too" They turned to me with widening eyes, Romelle stepping forward shaking her head as she tried to think of what to say but nothing she would bring up will change my mind, I want to go back home. I want to rebuild the home I lost... It may sound weird but I'll never feel truly at home until I get that place back.

"____, yo-you can't, think about what you are saying"  Bandor someone I thought would be on my side joined in with Romelle.

"I didn't mean for you to think that you had to join, I'll take back our home for us, you don't have to feel like it's your responsibility" I shook my head as I explained.

"It's not that, though I do feel like I should do it because that was my home too but that's only one part of the many reasons why I want to do this but the bigger part is because I want to go home, the one I grew up in even if I have to rebuild it from scratch I don't care, I just want it back" I could feel the tears started to flood my gates but I wouldn't let them through, I don't want to cry not anymore, I think I've done enough in private.

"I...I never thought of it like that" Romelle said quietly as she held her hands to her chest before looking determined herself. "Then I want to join too" Bandor snapped in his sister's direction surprised by her sudden change in opinion.

"R-Romelle!" She turned her attention toward her brother voicing the same reason that I want to join.

"I didn't think about it until now but when _____ bought it up I starting realizing that I want my home back too, it's where we grew up and it's where we all became friends I don't just want to abandon that place without at least trying myself to get it back nor can I stay here without earning the right too" Bandor eyes searched his sister's looking for some form of doubt or lack of resolve but found none so he sighed.

"Alright we can do it together, we'll take back our home but I'm not stopping there I'm going to make sure that we never have to live a day in fear again by doing what Wally and I swore we would" I thought that, that was promising too much even back then, that was all the two would talk about but I didn't want to voice these thoughts instead I let him have this.

Once we got this talk out the way we were going back to eating well I was until I spotted the boy that saved me all beaten up, I frowned as I pieced together what had happened after seeing a group of adults walk off with some food. I got up to walk over to him. Romelle and Bandor questioning my actions but I quickly dismiss them telling them to wait right here I'll be back shortly.

They were hesitant but did as I ask, I approached him offering my food but he barely gave it a second glance. "I don't need it" He weakly pushed it away declining my offer. I sat down beside him and tried to think of what to say? Until the obvious answer came to me.

"I never did get to say thank you...for saving me.. I was so out of it that I lost my manners-"

"I didn't do it to get thanks, I did it because it was the right thing to do" He wasn't exactly sounding very friendly nor like he was in the mood to talk but I didn't let it stop me, I came over to give him my food and I wasn't leaving till he eats it.

"Doesn't mean I shouldn't still thank you" I shot back. "I wouldn't be here if you hadn't been so insistent on saving me... I'm not sure if I would have been if the situation was reversed but I plan to change that starting with feeding a stubborn mullet-haired boy, oh look I found one" I pushed the food closer to him, he looked at me for a bit before sighing probably realizing that I wasn't going to give up.

"Fine" He grabbed the bread saying. "But I'm only eating this" He pushed the plate back. "I don't need the rest" Now I was the one sighing as I picked my plate backup replying.

"Well that's good enough I suppose" At least he's eating something, I thought but... he's alone, I'm sure they went for him because he doesn't have anyone with him like how I have Bandor and Romelle who did he have?

"Hey, are you with anyone?" He had stopped munching on the bread to shake his head like I thought, that means this will just keep happening unless. "Would you like to.. maybe to join up with my friends and I?" He took the last bite before standing.

"I'll pass...thanks for the bread" My heart sunk at his refusal but accepted his decisions nonetheless, I got up and rejoined with Romelle and Bandor as we went back to the rundown building that all the survivors were assigned to live at for the time being.

We had a long three months to wait until we sign, even though Romelle and I could do it right now if we wanted to but we didn't not until Bandor was old enough that way we all can then together we'll take back the home that was stolen from us.

____

This was going to be longer but I thought I should just end it here and save the rest for later.
Sign up to rate and review this story