Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One-Shots & More~(Multi-Fandom)

Genma x Shy Reader Requested

by CoolKat122 0 reviews

You are a famous Yoga Instructor going from village to village to teach the Yoga you love to all over.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Genma - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2019-02-02 - 2626 words - Complete

0Unrated
Fandom: Naruto

Character:  Genma

Setting: AU

Inspired by: Nothing

Requested?: Kimi I hope she, as well as the rest of you, enjoy this one-shot

___________________ 

I came to the leaf village Konoha to teach a yoga class for a few weeks nothing permanent but during my stay here I am told that I will have a guard issued to protect me in case any troubles should arise, I hate to think that there is anyone who would wish to do me harm. 



Just why would they? All I do is teach yoga is that anything worth hurting someone over? I certainly don't think so but my employer wants to be on the safe side and I'm not completely oppose to the idea of having one maybe whoever they assign to me will get along nicely with me so I'll have someone to talk to during my stay? 



Otherwise I fear most of my time will be quite lonely here and that saddens me, I'm not exactly good with people and I don't think I'll do so well approaching anyone for companionship so a bodyguard just might be the perfect cure for loneliness for me. 



I smiled happily to myself as I drift off in thought have having someone to talk to and go on walks with, it's the kind of human contact I desire but am much too shy and afraid to actually go out and get.



I had just arrived at the entrance and was greeted by a tall male with shoulder length brown hair wearing his ninja headband as a beanie, his brown eyes immediately locked onto my approaching figure before stepping forward to meet me halfway. 



I blushed from having him staring at me it was just a little too much for me so I avoided eye contact to ease the discomfort I was feeling.



"I'm Genma and I'll be watching over you during your stay" He greeted causally, I tried to return it just as causal but I don't think I succeed as it came out as a stuttering mess. 



"Frog stuck in your throat?" My face heated up as I stumbled out a response. 



"N-no" He chuckled as he shook his head.



"Calm down it was a joke, anyway let's get on with the tour even though I'm pretty much going to be by your side 24/7 I still think it's important you know your way around so let's go" He gestured his head towards the village and I started moving, walking side by side with him. 



He showed me all the places I could go and they looked like really nice spots to hangout, I would really like to come back to some of them later with him and some other friends that I might hopefully make. 



The very thought of that feels me with joy knowing that I already know of some lovely places to take any future friends to, of course though the first place he showed me was my new work building, it was just right for yoga instructing.



The feel, the space and the vibes I was getting was perfect, I couldn't think of a better room for work. I could feel a small shy smile grow on my face as I took in my new work environment.



"Well looks like you like your new workplace" I jumped slightly startled having forgotten he was here, I felt the need to explain just why I was smiling.



"I-it is a very nice place, I get a more warmer feeling here than in my old yoga studio" When I saw him raise a brow I freaked a little not sure if that was a good sign or not and just ended up rumbling more.

"Notthatmyoldworkplacewasn'taniceplaceoranythingitjustfeltlikesomethingwasmissingbu-butnotinabadwayoranything..." I exhaled a little before cutting my eyes away.



"I-I think I'll just shut up" Even though my head was tilted down towards the floor I could still see a smile on his lips and it made my heart pound.



"Well now it's time to show you where you'll be staying"  By the time we got there it had gotten much later in the day, I stood by the door trying to think of what to say but before I could he said his farewells and left.



"Well now it's time to show you where you'll be staying"  By the time we got there it had gotten much later in the day, I stood by the door trying to think of what to say but before I could he said his farewells and left.





When I finally thought of what I wanted to say which should have been obvious it was too late he had already vanish from sight so I went inside my new home, though it looked nice it was kinda bare in a way, I was going to have to decorate it later when I get the time but for now I'm just going to head off to bed since that's all I can really do right now and I need to get up early for work.



~~~

I got up early so that I could get in a few yoga poses before heading off to teach because this always helps me get the right mind state to instruct without panicking about all the eyes on me.



Once I was in my desired state I went on to go and teach, Genma was at the bottom of my stairs to waiting for me, I was a little silly with my question as to why was he outside of my house which lead him to reply back with he's my bodyguard.



"Did you forget that already?" I looked away hiding my face as to not give away just how embarrassed I was feeling. 



"R-right" 



"Ready to go?" With a nod we went off to my Yoga studio(1), it was a pretty silent trip there but with every step I was driving myself crazy trying to think of something to talk about but to no such luck. 



Everything I thought of sounded stupid and would only make me look silly so instead I tried praying that he would but he seemed just fine with the silence. (Little did she know he thought she was the one that preferred it so he kept his mouth shut and just enjoyed the walk with ya)



We eventually arrived and my class was filled with mostly females that were waiting for my arrival. I greeted them with a smile and a calm voice.



I showed them the poses they needed to do and walked around to to help the ones that weren't quite getting it, there was this one long blonde haired girl that was doing better than the rest so much so that it caught my attention.



When class was over she along with a few others came over to talk to me, they knew of me and some of even read my book. Hearing that someone went through the trouble to read my book made me blush.



I really underestimated how famous I am or that I even was, I mean yes I have gotten a few folks from my old village telling me just how much they love my class and some other villagers would come to take a few of my classes but I didn't think I went this far out. (most of them were relatively close)



And the only reason I wrote a book was someone asked me too and told me it would help others get into yoga even more so I did, it took a long time to finish but I thought it was worth it in the end.



"I-I'm glad it was of help"  I said feeling happy that my book did what I intended for it to do, the blonde whose name I learned was Ino asked me if I would be staying in Konoha long? And just when did I plan on leaving?



"Uh, I don't know, my boss thinks a week per village but I'm not sure how long I should stay" This is all still kind of new to me especially the traveling part.



"A week? Well I hope it's longer, I would love to have more lessons!" Ino clasped her hands together as she cheerfully voiced her desire for my stay to be longer than the week and I was kinda wished the same.



It's only really been a day but I was loving the leaf village so far, I didn't think I'd really be all that comfortable outside of my village but I was wrong the leaf was just perfect.



"I hope so too" I said truthfully, they only asked a few more things before leaving and saying that they look forward to my next class. 



"Well they same hook on your yoga instruction" Genma walked over to me from the chair he was sitting on during my yoga instructing,"and so am I consider me your new favorite admirer" He joked but it made me blush nonetheless.



"I'm joking no need to get all blushy and go silent on me" He poked my cheeks only making me blush harder, "Whoa now you're a tomato" 



I pushed away trying to cover my face, I could hear him chuckle and it made me feel silly for blushing so much. "You don't need to hide you're face, it's cute" Saying that wasn't making it better.



I don't know how long it took for my blush to go away but when it did I finally felt okay with going outside and getting something to eat. 



He took me to a place he enjoyed and we both sat down to eat, he ordered pumpkin broth and I ordered the chicken soup which I enjoyed quite a lot.



But when I looked over at him eating his pumpkin broth and I got curious as to how it might taste, he seemed to really like it so it must be good right?



He must have caught me eyeing it cause he then smirked and turned to face me. "Want some?" He held out his spoon, I looked from him to the spoon.



"Are you sure?" 



"Wouldn't be offering it if I wasn't" I looked at it for a few more seconds before leaning over.



"It's good" I am definitely ordering this next time.



"I know, that's why I ordered it" He smirked and I shook my head getting pretty use to his way of joking already.



After we finished eating we decided to take a walk for a bit before going home, I liked how I never feel the need to say something and that the silence between us was rather comfortable unlike people I would try to hangout with in the past. 



Genma seemed to put me at ease and whenever he did break the silence it was to say something that I found quite amusing and a joy to listen to. 



It made me wish this night would never end, that we could continue on like this as is but sadly the night did come to an end and I had to go home to get proper rest for tomorrow's class.



But I found it hard to sleep because I just wanted it to be morning already so I could spend more time with Genma, everytime I thought about him I got this funny feeling in my chest and my cheeks will feel all warm as if I were...blushing!



Did I like Genma more than I originally thought? If I do then what do I do about it? I didn't even know about making friends so just how was I going to go about a romantic relationship? 



I--I guess I'll sleep on it and hope that the answers will come to me in the morning...yeah that sounds about right. Only when morning came I didn't get any answers like I wanted.



I slumped down my wall as I groaned pulling my knees to my chest as I huffed, now what was I going to do? I looked to my clock to see the time... I still have time to meditate...maybe that might offer some answers?



That was about six days ago and in case you were wondering no the answers did not come to me in my sleep no matter what I did I couldn't figure out how to properly convey my feelings without looking like a fool.



And to top it off today was my last day here come tomorrow I was supposed to leave and head off to another village....but I don't want to.. I want to stay here with Genma but what can I do?



I took another sip from my drink only to spit it out when Genma apparently appeared out of nowhere at the bar I was sitting at.

"How about you just ask me out?"  I turned to see him sitting next to me with a glass of..something actually there were a couple of glasses suggesting he's been here for a while.... that can't be right.



"Gen-Genma...what-how long have you been sitting there!?" He looked at me confused.



"I've been here the whole time...in fact I suggested we come here in the first place as a sort of farewell party but after a few drinks (two, two drinks) you started talking about how you've been trying to ask me out for a while now" Huh... I don't remember any of that....



"Ah oh" My face heated up as I slammed my head down into my arms to shield my face and hopefully devore myself it's abyss because I can not stand the emotions I'm feeling right now, it's all too much.



"You don't need to feel embarrassed.... I kinda thought I made it clear I felt the same when I said you could ask me out...." I peaked out to see that he was now blushing but not as badly as me.



"Well....w-would you like to go out with me?" He nodded.



"Yeah why not?" The joy I was feeling when he accepted didn't last long as soon as I remembered I had to leave tomorrow so now I was mopping about that.



"If you don't wanna go then don't.. you can still do your yoga stuff here and I'm sure the girls are going to like that you are sticking around to teach more of your yoga..things" 



"Really!? I can do that?"  It's weird with the amount of bouncing back and forth between emotions like this going from sad to embarrassed to happy to sad back to happy (fingers crossed I stay on happy).



"You're a grown woman you can make your own choices... though I hope you staying is one of the choices you'll make" I threw my arms up as I declared that I was staying but when I saw the attention it got me I regretted it shortly after.



"I would say let's drink to celebrate it but I think you had enough" He put my cup down before paying the bill, and now as a couple we took another walk around the village.



The night air was a little weird feeling thanks to my slightly drunk state but I tried to ignore it and just enjoy this moment we were having.



Holding hands walking under the streetlights it was perfect and I knew that so would the rest of the nights to come would be too.



And I looked forward to each and every one.

_________________

1: they call it that right?

I've never done a shy character before....at least I do not recall ever doing one before but I hope to improve on how I write one cause I don't think I did a good job with this one.
Sign up to rate and review this story