Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Edenic

Cleaning Calm

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hotaru cleanses Mike from his problems for good.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Published: 2019-04-14 - 496 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-One: /Cleaning Calm:/

Hotaru leaned over Mike lying on the floor.

"Close your eyes," she said. Mike gave her an odd look.

"Why?" he asked.

"Just do it," she said.

"Fine," he said. The demon closed his eyes.

"Good," Hotaru said. She lit up some sage and incense.

"Take a deep breath," the loli demon said. Mike slowly did so. Hotaru waved the sage over his head. She gave off a low hum.

"What are you doing?" Mike asked.

"Shhh," Hotaru whispered. "Just relax. Shhh. Shhh." Mike drew his mouth closed. Hotaru started to hum again.

"Hmm. Clear your mind. Force out all negative energies. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe." Mike in slow breaths.

"Yes," she said. Hotaru slowly waved the sage around. She closed her eyes herself. So calming…

But then she froze. Something was here. Hotaru used her mind's eye to look. She felt cold all of a sudden.

Who's there? Come /out and show yourself!/

Faint whispering caught her ears. Hotaru slowly looked up. The buzzing made her ears hurt. She narrowed her eyes. One… Two… Ten… Twenty…

Whoa! How long have you all been in here?

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

I'm sorry, but you've got to go.

Buzz!

Hotaru frowned. Right… She held up her right hand. Hotaru deepened her humming.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

Find the source. Find the source.

The buzzing blended into screaming. Hotaru closed her eyes tighter. She pushed herself deeper into her center. The hairs on her neck stand up. She ignored the shivers down her spine. The buzzing-screaming got louder. Hotaru's mind focused on the source. Everything started to close around her.

There!

With her free hand, Hotaru reached above her head. Tiny needles pricked her fingers. She squeezed despite the pain. The sage on the outside seemed to dull everything on her skin.

You will not beat me. You have /to leave./ Let him go! Hotaru gritted her teeth.

Crunch.

Hotaru opened her eyes. A small black moth turned into dust in her hand. The rest of the moths died and rained down on her. Hotaru didn't flinch. Take it all. Show him that you are there for him. The dead moths cut at her hair, skin, and dress. She wouldn't scream or run away. Do it for him. When the last moth fell, Hotaru lowered her hand and bowed.

Thank you.

She closed her mind's eye.

Hotaru let the rest of the sage burn out.

"Okay, you can open your eyes," she said. Mike opened his eyes.

"How do you feel?" the loli demon asked. Mike sat up, amazed.

"Yeah," he said. Hotaru grinned.

"See? Told you it would work," she said.

"Now what?" he asked. She folded her arms across her chest.

"Don't let them back in," she said. "Got it?" Mike slowly nodded.

"I need to hear you say it," she said.

"Yes," he said.

"Good," Hotaru said. She would have to keep a close on him if Vivian was going to come home.
Sign up to rate and review this story