Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Edenic

Searching and Waiting

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna remembers her childhood friend as she worries about her. Tsuzuki gets a call on an update on the case.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2019-04-15 - 579 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Two: Searching and Missing:

Anna bit on her thumbnail. Tsuzuki rubbed her shoulders.

"It's okay," he whispered. She drew out her thumb.

"You're right," she lied. Her voice trembled.

"Usagi…" her husband said. Anna turned away. Her old friend was missing. She got up and walked over to the window. How long had it other? Anna and Daisuke had to move away last time.

"I am fine," Anna insisted. "We just need to get to work." It hurt to try and smile.

"You're just tired," Tsuzuki said. "Just go get some rest." She stared at him.

"I can't," she said. Anna walked back to the couch. Her mind went back to childhood. Kiko always smiled. She didn't whisper about her like the other children. In fact, Kiko loved Anna's hair.

"It's so pretty," she said. Kiko started to play with Anna's hair.

"How is that red?" she asked.

"I don't know," Anna said. It amazed her more that someone got her hair color right. Everyone else says it's brown.

That summer was the best she ever had. Kato's village felt so lonely with no other kids around. Her dolls could be boring after a while. Sometimes, Kiko would come over to play.

Tsuzuki gave her a sympathetic look. He patted the spot next to him on the couch. Anna didn't move at first.

"Come on," her husband said. "Sit with me." The woman stood for a moment before she complied. Tsuzuki put his arm around her shoulders.

"We'll find her," he whispered. "Hisoka is helping us. I don't think she's dead." Anna looked up at him.

"Please don't talk about her being dead," she whispered. She could see Kiko's laughing face. Her smile put her younger self at ease. Kiko would squeeze her hands at times. Kiko.

"We have to find her," Anna said. Tsuzuki kissed her on the cheek. He was about to speak when his phone buzzed.

"Excuse me," the shinigami said. He pulled out his phone.

"Hello?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Tsuzuki," Hisoka said on the other line. The shinigami glanced over at Anna.

"Tell me there is some good news," he whispered.

"Not much," his partner said. "But I can see a pattern."

"What pattern?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Nothing with the victims," Hisoka said. "But they all walked along the path to this one park in Shibuya. I'll send you the map now." Tsuzuki's phone buzzed in his hand. He opened the text. The shinigami's eyes widened.

"Ah!" he said. "I know this place!" Anna looked up. A confused look came over her husband's face.

"But why there?" Tsuzuki asked.

"We're looking into it now," Hisoka said. "There has been activity around that section of the park lately."

"Do you think the two are connected?" Tsuzuki asked.

"We aren't ruling anything out yet," Hisoka said. As the shinigami talked on the phone, Anna's phone buzzed.

"Hm?" she asked. The woman pulled out her phone. A new text message popped up on the screen. She didn't recognize the number. Against her better judgment, Anna opened the text. Suddenly, she stood up and bolted out the door. Tsuzuki looked up in time to see her go.

"Anna-chan?" he asked. The door slammed shut.

"Tsuzuki? What's going on? Are you still there?" Hisoka asked. The older shinigami bit his lower lip.

"Listen, I'm going to call you back," he said.

"Why? Did something happen? Hello? Hello?" his partner asked. Tsuzuki had already hung up. He was already out the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story