Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

Price to Ride

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Anna to Watari to get weapons to defeat Haruka for good.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2019-07-08 - 532 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seven: Price to Ride:

Anna held Tsuzuki's hand outside of Ju-Oh-Cho. Her husband turned his head.

"You okay?" he asked. Anna pressed her lips together.

"Yes," she said.

"Want to wait out in the hall?" he asked. Anna shook her head.

"You sure?" Tsuzuki asked. His wife nodded.

"Okay," the shinigami said. He led her to the building. Hisoka stood outside, waiting.

"Good morning," Tsuzuki said. His partner nodded.

"Watari in yet?" the older shinigami asked.

"Yes," Hisoka said. He led them inside.

Watari fed 003 on his shoulder in his lab.

"Pretty good, huh?" he asked. The little owl flapped her wings happily. Her owner smiled as heard a knock on the door.

"Enter!" he said. Hisoka, Tsuzuki, and Anna walked into the laboratory. Watari turned serious when he saw the look on Tsuzuki's face.

"Do you have it ready?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Follow me," Watari said. He walked over to the table on the other side of the room. Tsuzuki let go of Anna's hand and followed the blonde scientist. Watari picked up a small box. Tsuzuki looked at it front to back.

"How do I work this?" he asked.

"You touch the top," Watari said. "Don't do it now." Tsuzuki looked up at him.

"This all for now?" he asked.

"Yes," his friend said. The older shinigami looked around for a bit.

"And the other thing?" Tsuzuki whispered. Watari sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Still not ready, I'm afraid," he said. "We need more time."

"I know. But…"

"But what?" Tsuzuki looked over at Anna. "Please. Help us out here."

Watari sighed. "I will see what I can do. I can't promise you anything." Tsuzuki breathed out.

"Thank you," he said. Tsuzuki turned his head. He smiled and waved at his wife. The shinigami held up the device. Anna started to perk up for a brief moment.

"You sure this will work?" he asked.

"Yes," Watari said.

"Good," the older shinigami said. He walked back over to Hisoka and Anna. Hisoka had his eyes on Watari.

"Why did you lie to him?" Hisoka asked. Watari gave him an odd look.

"What do you mean?" he asked. The younger shinigami frowned.

"You know what I mean," he said. Watari still smiled as his mask started to crack.

"Oh," he said.

"Do you even have what they are asking for?" Hisoka asked.

"Yes," Watari said.

"Is it really not ready?"

The blonde scientist frowned. "Yes."

Hisoka gave him an odd look. "So why did you…?" Watari rubbed his forehead.

"It's too strong for them," he said.

"What?" the younger shinigami asked.

"It's a suicide mission. Even with the clan weakened, they cannot win. Not easily at least."

"So… Why aren't we…?"

"What would be the point? They are determined to end this. I can't blame them. I tried to talk them out of it. But it was no use."

Hisoka just stared. "What can we do?"

"Support them. Keep them from doing anything stupid or reckless."

"And that weapon?"

Watari dropped his shoulders. "It will be a last resort. A very last resort." Those words tasted so bitter in his mouth. Hisoka nodded once. He already had his phone at his side.
Sign up to rate and review this story