Categories > Games > Undertale > Resetting Our Love (Chara vs. Sans x Reader)

Resetting Our Love (Chara vs. Sans x Reader)

by ArlenaTheWriter 0 reviews

You are a orphan living on the streets. You clean and work for various people for a living, therefore getting enough money to keep yourself alive, but not necessarily in good health. You do your be...

Category: Undertale - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2019-07-14 - 1785 words

0Unrated
Key:
(f/c) Favorite color.
(y/n) The name you are called by the most. Nicknames count.
(f/n) First name.
(l/n) Last name.
(y/a) Your age.
(y/c) Your country/ state.
(d/s) Dominant side.

Your P.O.V.

You barreled down the smooth sidewalk on your skateboard, letting out an exhilarated laugh of joy. You had just finished delivering this street's round of newspapers and you had decided you deserved a little fun before you had to clean Miss Marla's mansion, which was bound to be a lot of work. That didn’t bother you though, you were used to it. As long as you got the money, you didn’t care. You checked the time on a small, cheap watch resting on your wrist. 9:15. Perfect. You had at least 15 minutes to do something enjoyable before two hours of cleaning. It would be nice to get a few moments of fresh air, getting away from the smell of cleaner and dust. It was never pleasant, what you did, but it kept your life from being a lot more unpleasant than it could be.

You dismounted your skateboard, picked it up, and held it in your hands. You ran your callused fingers over its surface with a distant smile. It still had a few scorch marks from the accident a year ago. The skateboard was your only possession that survived the fire that took your house and your family away. Ever since then, you've survived on the streets. You found out that it wasn't that hard to take care of yourself. You got employed for many cleaning jobs and earned enough money to stay alive. That was your only goal. To take care of yourself and not live off of pity. You rubbed the nicks in the wood, remembering a few of the small moments you had experienced with your family..

As much as you loved going back to those moments, you didn’t have much time. You sighed and hopped onto your skateboard, starting to move slowly, but gradually accelerating. You bolted down the street, the wind blowing in your face. Your (h/c) hair was soon messed up and crazy, which was normal for you, seeing as looking well-kempt was practically impossible on the streets, and gave you more detriments than advantages. The force of the wind made your eyes water and you closed them for a minute, feeling the sweet adrenaline pumping through your veins and causing you to let out another laugh.

When you opened your eyes again, you were headed straight towards a car. The driver honked at you as the car plowed forward, right at you, without showing any sign of halting to a stop. You stopped and the skateboard slipped from under you and you fell to the ground. You grabbed for your skateboard, but it was out of reach. The car was not going to stop for you or your skateboard, no matter what. You had to move NOW, or you would probably not make it through the next week. Injuries are never good on the streets. You started to move away and let out a muffled scream of pain as the car ran right over your arm with a sickening crack that made your hair stand on end. You knew immediately that it was broken. Black spots danced in your eyes and your vision blurred from uncontrollable tears of pain. You had a high-pain tolerance, but this was just too much for you to handle.

You heard a shout from a car across the street and heard the car's doors slam shut. A person in a blue jacket ran towards you. "papyrus, quick! help me get them to the car!" You heard a gruff voice say. A taller figure ran towards you and you felt yourself being lifted into the air. Your stomach lurched at the sudden realization that you were no longer making contact with the ground, and the sight of your broken arm was too terrifying for you to glance at again. You wanted to struggle but you were too weak. The two figures laid you in the backseat of their car. You weakly reached out of the car for your skateboard. The shorter figure looked at you and then your skateboard. He smiled slightly and went over to grab the skateboard in the middle of the road. He quickly grabbed it and came back, not wanting to hold up any more traffic that might be coming their way. He entered in the passenger's side of the car and put the skateboard in the seat next to you.

"Th-Thank y-you" You managed to croak out. The shorter figure just smiled and nodded. Despite the pain, you managed to smile back before blacking out. The last thing you heard was the shorter figure's voice.

"papyrus, i need you to get us to the closest hospital." You blacked out completely without fully registering the fact that the people helping you were skeletons. Not that it truly mattered to you anyway







"no, i don't know who they are, or where they're from. i already told you, i saw their arm get run over and brought them here. i know nothin’ about them." You heard the shorter figure's voice again. They sounded upset about something, but you sensed that it wasn't about what the nurse was saying. Despite the obvious frustration he held, he seemed rather calm and relaxed. Not tense, but on-guard. You found that interesting and well, slightly intriguing if you had to admit.

The nurse let out a sigh. "What they were doing out there is a mystery to me to then. The child looks a lot like (f/n) (l/n). They're a homeless child who lost their parents in a fire, and now live on the streets. Poor thing refuses any help." The nurse's voice was filled with pity. Almost enough to make you sick. You didn't need any of their help. You didn't want it. You were fine on your own. If you had just been looking where you were going like every sensible person...

"i'm surprised. they didn't look homeless to me."

"That's how they like it. They don't want pity and like to stay out of the spotlight."

You let out a groan to signal you were awake and opened your eyes. The hospital light was a bright white and blinding. You shielded your eyes with your unbroken arm and looked down. Your broken arm was in a black sling and a (f/c) cast. You smiled at that. Funny how coincidences happen in even the worst of times. It didn’t reassure you much, but the sight of that lift your spirits just ever so slightly. Enough to help you forget where you were. You hated hospitals, and just wanted to ignore that you were in there.

"Oh, you're awake!" The nurse exclaimed a bit too loud for your liking. A pleasant, yet sickly sweet smile was set on her pale face. "How are you feeling?"

"Great. Nothing is in pain. How long was I out?" You asked, your voice a little scratchy. You weren’t completely telling the truth, but you didn’t want to spend more time in the blinding white room. You winced at the burn in your throat from talking but didn't show it, not wanting the display of weakness to imprison you. The sooner you were out of here with no one worrying about you, the better.

The nurse muttered something under her breath about how the patients always asked that question. The shorter skeleton, who had helped you, overheard what the nurse said and let out a soft chuckle, the smile on his face widening.

"you've been out for about two to three hours kid. they took that opportunity to set your arm and put it in a cast. doc said you could leave as soon as you woke up 'long as you weren't in pain. ya gotta come back in a month so they an check on it." You stared at the skeleton in front of you. He had a somewhat tired look on his face, carefully hidden by a kind smile. He seemed to have white "pupils" set in his eye sockets. His blue jacket was zipped up even though it wasn’t cold at all in here, and his hands were aimlessly in his pockets..

You began to get up, as soon as he said that. "Thank you again for helping me. I wouldn't have managed to get here without your help. I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble."You told him gratefully as you stood up shakily. "I'm (f/n) (l/n)." You said, extending your unbroken arm. You wanted to get this part over quickly, so you hoped nothing would be questioned.

"sans. sans the skeleton. and don't worry, we had nothin' to do anyway." He replied, shaking your hand. "um... where are you planning on going after you leave?" Concern shined in his eyes? You had no idea what to call them, but the look they were giving you made you almost hiss. You felt nauseous again.

"Home." You said simply as you stretched with a yawn. You hoped he wouldn't pry. You didn't want to explain everything that happened to you, your home and your family. It wasn’t a fun topic, and you weren’t in the mood to converse with people, even if they were people who had saved your life. Sans let out small laugh, and shook his head,

"we both know you don't have a place to stay." He said smiling when he saw the look of shock on your face. How had he known? Oh yeah, the nurse, right. Sans' face turned more serious. "i know you don't like to accept things from others and you classify it as ‘pity’, but i know a person who would love to take care of ya. you can't stay on the streets forever ya know." You let out a sigh and looked down. You really wish he hadn't made that offer.

"I'm sorry but I can't except that offer." You replied in a kind voice, but hinting that you wouldn't accept anything so that he wouldn't push. "thank you, though."

"at least come over for some butterscotch-cinnamon pie." Sans insisted. His voice lowered to a whisper even though no one would hear them anyway. He pointed to the taller skeleton waiting outside. "my bro really wants to meet you and i bet our ambassador would be overjoyed to meet another human child." You smiled at the taller skeleton's ridiculous outfit and let out a sarcastic sigh.

"I guess I'll come."
Sign up to rate and review this story