Categories > Games > Undertale > Resetting Our Love (Chara vs. Sans x Reader)

Chapter Two

by ArlenaTheWriter 0 reviews

Continuation of Chapter Two

Category: Undertale - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2019-07-14 - 2749 words

0Unrated
Papyrus was, as Sans had said, overjoyed to hear that you would be coming with them. "I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO HAVE YOU TRY MY FAMOUS SPAGHETTI, HUMAN!" You couldn’t help but crack a small smile. Papyrus was so sweet and innocent, especially for someone living in the time they were in. He could be a little to loud for your taste though.

While you chatted with Papyrus, Sans was busy calling someone. You didn't know who he was talking to, or why but you did manage to hear little bits of the conversation. Not that you were eavesdropping, of course! They were all puns and jokes, much to your annoyance. A few were great, unique even, but most were absolutely terrible. Funny, but terrible. Papyrus seemed to wince every single time he heard a pun, and you couldn’t really blame him. If you had to live hearing Sans tell puns everyday, you probably would have the same reaction as the taller skeleton.

The conversation went on like that until finally, Papyrus reached his breaking point. "SANS! WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS! STOP MAKING THOSE HORRID PUNS AND FINISH YOUR CONVERSATION! WE CALLED ASGORE'S CLONE TO GET HER OVER HERE, NOT TO HAVE A PUN BATTLE!" Papyrus continued to lecture his brother loudly. The smaller skeleton just seemed to shrug, his brother’s words going through one non-existent ear and out the other.

"welp tori, papyrus won't let me stay on any longer. see ya soon." Sans let out a laugh as the person on the other side of the phone made a pun in response and then hung up. "tori will be here soon. she lives quite near. in fact, that school we passed by on our way here was hers." Sans said, putting his phone in the pocket of his blue jacket. He turned to you. "you'll love her, i promise."

You kept your smile but you gripped your skateboard tighter to hide some of your doubt. You didn't understand why you trusted Sans and Papyrus so much. You has just met them, for stars’ sake! But, they had saved you and were kinder to you than anyone had been to you in a long time. Wasn’t that a good reason to trust someone?

No. This is exactly what you didn't want to do. You were not some helpless person latching onto the first source of kindness you see like a leech latching to a human leg. You were not desperate for compassion or sympathy. You were not desperate for love. You are not weak like that. You don’t need pity. In fact, you’d be better off if pity never even existed. You could live off of your own hard work and make your own decisions. You didn't need help surviving.

You didn't know what to do with Sans and Papyrus, or how to act around them. Despite how nice it would be to have new friends for once, you knew Sans would continue to try to find you a home. He really pitied you. You could see it in his eyes and you could hear it in his voice. He wanted to help you. Well guess what? You didn't need his help or his goddamn pity! You got agitated just thinking about it. You could take care of yourself! You could live on the streets forever! It didn't matter how hard it was as long as you were alive because of yourself and only yourself. No one else.

Your mind continued to spit insults at Sans, as you waited for this ‘Tori’ to arrive. Oh, how you loathed him so much for pitying you! "(y/n)? earth to (y/n)? can you hear us?" A voice snapped you out of your spiteful thoughts. Sans was waving his hands in your face, trying to get your attention. You practically hissed just at the thought of him, but held yourself back.

"Yes?" You replied, refraining from snapping at him. Despite how hard you tried, your tone was still slightly bitter. Sans, thankfully, didn’t seem to notice your tone, or he ignored it completely.

"tori's car just pulled up. she'll be here any second." You grabbed your skateboard and stood up quickly, eager to get out of the hospital. A large goat monster entered the room as soon as you stood up. She was tall and had small yellow-tinted horns on the top of her head. Her long ears rested on her shoulders and soft, white fur covered her body. She was a lot to take in at once, but the thing that stood out the most was her bright red eyes. Those eyes did not portray evil as many would think, but instead sparkled with kindness and joy. "speak of the angel." Sans muttered under his breath. You forced a smile on your face.

"HELLO ASGORE'S CLONE! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AND MY BROTHER, SANS, WOULD LIKE YOU TO MEET OUR NEW FRIEND, (Y/N)!" Papyrus shouted, running over to meet the goat monster.

"heya tori." Sans said, casually waving. His reaction to the goat monsters arrival was clearly different, something you found rather interesting.

After greeting the taller skeleton, the goat monster gave you a kind smile, walking over to meet you. "Oh, hello there! You must be (y/n). I am Toriel Dreemurr. I teach at Fire Field Elementary." Her voice was so gentle and comforting that you wanted to just curl up with it and take a nap. You bit your tongue to remind yourself that you would just be meeting Sans’ friends, not befriending them. You didn’t want to develop emotional ties to anyone, seeing as you’d be only seeing them this once. Unless, of course, you run into them on the streets, but that was unlikely.

Your smile soon melted into a genuine one. "It's nice to meet you Miss Dreemurr. I've heard great things about your school." You clutched you skateboard in your hand. The last part was a lie, but sometimes it took a lie to please someone. Your parents had taught you that when you were younger.

Toriel let out a little laugh. "You have? I always loved the idea of Montessori schools. Montessori is truly the proper way to teach young children. Would you like to come over and have some tea and pie?" You were about to decline the offer, relieved that you had a choice, but you saw the look Sans was giving you from behind Toriel and let out an internal sigh.

"Sure, that would be lovely."

...

Toriel's house resembled Toriel herself a lot. When you entered the house, it instantly felt like home, and not many places were able to have that feel to them.At least, that was the case for you. Just looking inside made you let your guard down, much to your annoyance. A kid your age was sitting in a purple chair, reading a very thick book. She had short brown hair and a blue and purple striped shirt. When you came in, she looked up, closed the book and ran upstairs quickly without a word. For a second you thought you had scared her, and looked up at Toriel with worry. Toriel saw your expression and smiled warmly. "Don't worry, she's just getting the others."

Others?

The kid came back downstairs along with what looked like their twin and a young goat monster. Sans seemed to wince when he saw them, but he hid it rather well. You had trained yourself to sense emotions others often didn’t see. Had someone else been looking at him, they probably wouldn’t notice. "Oh, hello Chara and Asriel! I'm glad you could join us. This is (y/n). Sans and Papyrus brought them to the hospital when they broke their arm. (y/n), this is Chara, Asriel and Frisk, my children." Asriel, the goat monster, waved shyly. Chara, who was wearing a green and yellow sweater, studied you with her crimson red eyes and Frisk just bounced up and down happily.

"Did it hurt?" Chara questioned you out of the blue with no context whatsover. Her voice was calm, etched with a sense of confidence that was rather rare.

"What?" You studied her in confusion, not following exactly what she was saying.

"Did it hurt when you broke your arm?" Chara asked, gesturing to your cast. The way she stated it made it sound like she had given you an obvious question .

"Oh this? I've been through worse." You shrugged. It hadn’t hurt as much as others would think. Sans shot you a worried look, which you ignored, but something lit up in Chara's eyes. Frisk started jumping up and down the room faster, apparently trying to get everyone's attention.

"I THINK THE HUMAN FRISK HAS SOMETHING THEY WANT TO SAY." Papyrus pointed out, the first one to notice. Frisk nodded vigorously in agreement.

"what is it kid?" Sans asked Frisk, who stopped jumping. Frisk began to sign quickly. ( don't kill me for making her mute. I just wanted to add some connections between Frisk and Gaster.) You had learned sign language awhile ago and were a little rusty, but you managed to translate to the best of your abilities.

"Are they over here for pie? Do you know if they live nearby? Why do they carry that skateboard around? It looks like it means a lot to them. How old are they?" Frisk signed fast but precise. She seemed really excited, which would probably explain the sudden interrogation that was being directed at you..

"whoa, whoa. calm down kid." Sans chuckled in amusement. Chara just rolled her eyes.

"She always gets excited when she meets new people." Chara explained, a slightly annoyed tone in her voice. Asriel nodded in agreement, but he didn’t seem as annoyed. In fact, his reaction was more like Sans’. Amused.

"I'm (y/a) years old. I'm carrying my skateboard because it was the only thing with me when I broke my arm." You said, answering a few of Frisk's questions for her. After all, you didn’t want to leave the kid in the dark while everyone was throwing degradation at her.

Sans looked fairly surprised at your words. "you know sign language (y/n)?" He asked curiously, shoving his hands in his pockets. Despite the kind look on his face, his stance seemed as if he was judging you. You suddenly felt slightly disturbed, realizing that everyone in this room probably was judging you.

You nodded. "Yeah. I had a friend who taught me it." No one had noticed that Toriel and Papyrus had left the room to go make tea and grab the pie. They were too focused on you, and it honestly made your slightly uncomfortable

"Do you live nearby?" Frisk signed, slower this time,thankfully. You were still rusty, so the slower signing made it easier

"No, not really..." You answered, hoping that the question would not be pressed further. However, luck was not on your side today, because Sans took a step forward, his gaze piercing you.

"do you even have an exact location of where you live?" Sans said, his tone rather aggravated, which was odd for the laid-back skeleton. You didn't know why he was so upset. It was none of his business if you had an exact location of residence or not! You were alive, weren’t you?

"What do you mean Sans?" Frisk questioned, looking at you quizzically. They were clearly concerned at Sans’ angry tone.

"they're homeless! an orphan! they live on the streets, practically starving themselves because they don't accept anyone’s help!" Sans exclaimed, his voice raised. His tone of voice and choice of words sounded like he had seen you on the streets more than once, causing you to become more uncomfortable.

"(y-y/n)?" You heard Toriel's voice from behind you. You turned around and saw her holding pie and tea in her hands, which were trembling fiercely, much to your concern. She set down the pie and tea. "Oh my child! I didn't know. You must be so scared living out there all alone!" Toriel embraced you in a big hug, which if it wasn’t for the softness of her fur, you would be struggling to get out of. Plus, you liked Toriel, and really didn’t want her to be upset.

"It's fine, really. It's not that hard to make a living." You mumbled, shifting slightly. You didn’t understand the big ruckus over it.

"fine?" Sans scoffed, clearly not buying your facade. "fine?! you almost died last winter!" You flinched. Had he really been watching you? Was he the one who was secretly helping you that winter? You suddenly felt like it wasn’t a coincidence that Sans had been there to save you when you got hit by that car.

"(y/n), is what Sans is saying true?" Toriel asked, placing her paw-like hands on your shoulders.

You bowed your head in shame and nodded. "Yeah...I-I got fired from a couple of my jobs. I only managed to survive because someone was secretly helping me. I never found out who it was."

Toriel frowned, clearly upset by the information given to her. "Come, let's have some golden flower tea and some pie. It calms the nerves. She shot a look at warning Sans, telling him to calm his accusations down. You nodded weakly, your mind racing in a mixture of confusion and fear.

The pie was delicious. In fact, it was better than delicious. There were no words for it. Everyone seemed to calm down, even Papyrus, who seemed to be hyper 24/7. You had never tried golden flower tea and you had found it much better than the regular tea you had had. Then again, tea was rare on the streets, as well as pie. "This is wonderful Toriel." You said, breaking the silence that had formed. "It's been awhile since I've had homemade pie." Sans muttered something under his breath, still clearly agitated.. You could have sworn you saw one of his eyes flash blue, but shook it off as just a hallucination. Frisk gave her mother a thumbs up. Chara let out a satisfied sigh.

"Oh gods, it's been so long." She commented and Asriel shot her a look of agreement. You were slightly confused, but didn't press. Chara unnerved you, and you didn’t want to talk to her if you could avoid it.

Toriel smiled her warm smile again. "I'm glad you like it."

Sans glanced at the clock. "dr. g will be coming home soon. we should get going before it gets late." He said abruptly, standing up. You knew that he was just using the time as an excuse, but didn’t call him out for it. In fact, you were absolutely fine with him leaving.

"THE GREAT PAPYRUS LOOKS FORWARD TO OUR NEXT COOKING LESSON." Papyrus announced, getting up. "THOUGH IT SADDENS ME TO GO, I MUST BID YOU FAREWELL, ASGORE'S CLONE."

"It was fun having you Sans and Papyrus. Come back anytime." Toriel replied, amused, and Frisk got up from their seat. They rushed over to Papyrus and hugged him. You saw Sans flinch as Frisk ran towards Papyrus and once again, you saw a flash of blue. Why was he so uneasy around Frisk, Chara and Asriel? Maybe he doesn't like children. You thought, though were unsure that was the complete story behind it.

You began to stand up, but Toriel put a hand on your shoulder. "You must be exhausted after everything that has happened today. Stay here and rest. Besides, I hear it's going to rain tonight. We can't have you caught up in a storm, can we?" You let out a sigh and nodded, grateful for the consideration. You hated the rain. Toriel smiled. "Great! Let me just get the guest room ready and you can go to sleep.”

As Toriel finished working on the guest room and Frisk, Chara and Asriel went to bed, you let your mind flow free. You sat on the newly made bed and let out a sigh. It had been awhile since you had slept in a bed. It was too comfy for your taste and you ended up moving to the hard, cold wooden floor. You liked it better. You stared up at the ceiling painted with stars.

What had you gotten yourself into?
Sign up to rate and review this story